Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - Confession

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 28 - Confession

Chapter 28 - Confession
Miroku felt Kirara beat her strength for her flight from underneath him. Miroku felt his body shoot pain every time she moved. Miroku bit his lip and felt the pain take himself in.

“Houshi?”

“Sango?”

Miroku opened his eyes to see into Sango’s beautiful ones. Her face was bruised and battered; one of her shoulders looked a little uneven.

“Houshi, are you okay?”

“I believe I will live Sango.”

He meant it as a joke until he saw the tears streaming down Sango’s face. Sango brushed them away and moved Hiraikotsu on her even shoulder, winching in pain from moving her injured arm.

“Sango, I’m sorry I did not mean…”

"It's okay houshi, I’m glad you’ll be all right.”

“Sango…”

Miroku moved his hand and took her fingers, moving together with them. Sango looked down, her tears drying as a small smile crossed her face.

“I’m sorry houshi, I am not mad at you.”

“I know you’re not my dear Sango, but is it true what happened to InuYasha?”

“What do you mean?” Sango asked.

“Is it true, he turned into a dragon and I wasn’t hallucinating?” Miroku asked.

“No, you were not hallucinating.”

Miroku sighed, he felt the pain inch into his body, as he moved his hand away from Sango’s and back down to his side. He thought deeply, why has something so powerful, so destructive, possess his hanyou friend?

Miroku closed his eyes and tightened his cursed hand. He wanted to reassure Sango that he was going to be all right, that InuYasha was going to be all right. Miroku looked down from were he lay on Kirara’s back; the ground below them had become alive again.

The black, burned Earth that had been scorched with Inuhidoi’s blast of youki was behind them. Kirara shifted to the right were Ah-Un with Rin on his back, and near the ground were Miroku saw Kouga, Ginta and Hakkaku running below them. The wolf youkai had Kagome in his arms.

Miroku looked back at Sango. Her face was hardened with concern and worry. Miroku wanted desperately to move his body at will and bring her into a comforting embrace to sooth her edgy feelings.

“Sango?”

“Yes houshi?”

“What happened to you between InuYasha, when you got poisoned?”

Sango flinched. “He well, it was the first time I saw his wings.”

“And?”

“Inuhidoi wants InuYasha’s body.” Sango said.

“I see.” Miroku went silent in thought. “Sango, what will we do if Inuhidoi does break InuYasha’s soul?”

“He won’t!” Sango snapped.

“I know we will prevent it from happening…but if Sesshomaru can not wield Tessaiga…”

“He’ll find a way!” Sango said, tears falling down her face. “InuYasha will not let that happen, he will fight!”

“Sango…I did not think you would be so heart broken about this.” Miroku said.

“What you think I hate InuYasha!?”

“No!” Miroku suddenly felt the strength to sit up and look her dead in the eye. “No, Sango InuYasha is our friend I know you don’t hate him.”

“Do you hate him houshi?”

“NO! Sango I don’t hate InuYasha! He’s almost like a brother to me!” Miroku felt his arms go around Sango’s body and gave her a hug.

Sango was taken by surprise, but she hugged him back sobbing in his robes. Miroku rubbed her back, every inch of his body screamed in pain, but he had the strength to ignore it. Sango’s feelings were more hurt then his body, she came first.

“Sango, I know.”

Sango let go of him, staring down towards the ground. She wiped her tears away and looked at him.

“What are we going to do houshi?”

“For now I want you to stop worrying.” Miroku said.

“I can’t I don’t want to…”

Miroku brought his face and put his lips on hers. She was silenced, but the shock was immediately emitted off her body. Miroku felt a slap would come any second, but it did not.

Sango opened her mouth letting his tongue twist around hers and her hands took him into a hug. Miroku pulled Sango close, their tongues fighting for dominance. Miroku had waited for so long for this moment, and it felt like heaven just as he had imagined it.

They held that position on Kirara’s back, when Miroku felt the stare of an intruding boy. Shippo was behind Sango, Miroku had forgotten he had even been there.

“What are you doing?” the young fox youkai asked.

Miroku and Sango immediately pulled away, both of them turning red.

“Nothing Shippo, houshi was just whispering in my ear.” Sango smiled at the young youkai.

“Didn’t look like it.” Shippo gave Miroku an evil look. Miroku sighed, sorry that the moment was over he lay back down Kirara’s back.

“Is your injures better…Miroku?” Sango asked.

Miroku felt his eyes go wide. “You said…my name.”

“Did I?” Sango teased.

“My dear Sango.” Miroku smiled.

They both flew with Kirara over the hills, and valleys they crossed. It had almost been a day since they had been blasted by Inuhidoi. Kirara began to descend were they would make camp for the night.

Sango helped steady Miroku on his feet as they got off the youkai cat’s back. She purred and shrank back into her smaller self, rubbing up on Miroku’s legs.

“Thanks Kirara.” Miroku smiled at the youkai cat. He lay down and began petting her soft head. Sango sat down next to him as Ah-Un made a comforting bed for Rin. Shippo had gone back over to Kagome who was Kouga’s arms.

“Houshi?”

“Yes Sango?”

“When you asked me earlier what would happen if InuYasha did break, did you have something in mind?” Her voice sounded a bit cold.

"Yes Sango I did.” Miroku looked down, ashamed.

“Well?”

“InuYasha is my deepest friend, yet if he breaks his body will become Inuhidoi’s.” Miroku said.

“What are you up to houshi?” Sango asked.

“I will not let Inuhidoi live. It’s more or less I will suck him into my kazaana.”

“HOUSHI! You’re not serious!?”

“I am Sango, but it will only happen IF InuYasha breaks.”

“But…but…”

“No Sango, I swear on Buddha himself, Inuhidoi will not live for what he has done to our hanyou friend.” Miroku said.

“But houshi, that’s InuYasha’s life were talking about!” Sango snapped.

“It will not be InuYasha if he breaks!” Miroku snapped. “I swear Sango, to Buddha, and too you.” Miroku took her by her hands and kissed them. “I will not let InuYasha have to suffer on what Inuhidoi might do.”

“Oh houshi…” She leaned into his chest. Miroku put his chin on her head.

“I know InuYasha; I hope it will not have to come to that.” Miroku whispered in her ear.

“Houshi…” Suddenly Sango pulled her head and put her lips on his. The kiss opened his senses and he pulled her into his chest. Miroku felt her tongue as she opened her mouth, his feelings going ecstatic. Their hands took each others, their fingers twanged in full circle.

“Sango…” he moaned.

Miroku felt the stare of Kouga and Kagome and pulled away from Sango. They would never get any privacy at this point. Miroku sighed and let Sango lean into him for a good nights rest.

“I hope it doesn’t come down to that either.” Sango whispered. She leaned up and kissed him on the neck. Miroku smiled and gave Sango’s hand a tight squeeze.

“Don’t worry Sango; I know Sesshomaru will find a way.” Miroku sighed. The Youkai Lord had been gone for an entire day. He had a good nose, what was taking him so long?

Miroku shuddered to think that Sesshomaru might have run into InuYasha himself. Sango said he had not been hallucinating, what he saw his hanyou friend become was maybe even no match for Sesshomaru.

Though he had never seen Sesshomaru’s true form, he had a pretty good idea he was not that big. Even so, Sesshomaru had fled form the dragon, maybe out of fear but to Miroku he had fled to protect Rin.

Miroku sighed and stared up into the sky, tomorrow was the night of the new moon. Would InuYasha turn human, or stay the way he already was? Miroku flinched, the last night of the new moon, Sango had been injured.

Miroku knew that it had been Inuhidoi. It had been the same poison, just not as advanced. Inuhidoi hurt Sango, he had hurt Kagome, he had hurt him, and worst of all he had hurt InuYasha.

Miroku tightened his kazaana hand. He would not break his promise to Buddha or Sango. If InuYasha lost he would have no mercy in sucking Inuhidoi in.

InuYasha, Miroku thought, be the strong stubborn hanyou you are. Don’t break.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment