Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 29 - Fear

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 29 - Fear

Chapter 29 - Fear
Kagome cuddled in Kouga’s arms. Her mouth still was numb, but it had gotten better since Sango managed to put some cream on it before she had blindly gone after InuYasha.

Kagome rubbed her arms, they were cold. Her leg had been cleaned but the scar still slithered all the way down to her ankle. And that blast, it had only given her more bruises, but Kouga...he had been knocked out.

Kagome had been surprised he had been able to run in his condition. First of all, his right ankle had been shattered. Kagome didn’t know what other injures he had suffered in Inuhidoi’s blast, but it didn’t seem that serious.

“Kouga how is your ankle?” Kagome asked.

“It’s okay Kagome I’ll live.”

“Yea, he ran all the way here with you in his arms, sister.” Ginta said.

“I know.” Kagome sighed and moved closer to Kouga. Why had this happened?

“Kagome?”

“Yes Kouga?”

“I know you’re worried about mutt, I mean InuYasha, but there seems like every time we get near him, he…” Kouga started.

“I know, Kouga. I know.”

Kagome felt a tear come down her face. Why? The fear she had for herself had melted into what she feared for InuYasha.

“Sister?” Hakkaku asked.

"Yes?”

“Where is that flea, he seems to know more about this then we do.” Hakkaku said.

“Tell me about it, he knew that this Inuhidoi was mutt-, InuYasha’s great grandfather.” Kouga muttered.

“You want me to get him? Myoga is on Rin’s shoulder.” Kagome said.

“No Kagome, you’re to injured, go get the flea Ginta.” Kouga growled at his pack member.

Ginta sighed then nodded. He got up and went over to the little girl, where Ah-Un gave a slight growl of warning.

“Pup, where is the flea?” Ginta asked Rin.

“Right here.” The young girl pointed out.

“Is there something wrong Kouga-sama’s pack member?” Myoga asked.

“Yea, sister wants to speak with you.”

Myoga jumped on the wolf’s shoulder and Ginta began to walk back over to Kouga. Myoga jumped on Kagome’s neck and bit.

“Myoga!” Kagome moaned. “That hurts!”

“Sorry I need some good blood.” The old flea mumbled.

“You’re about to be squashed if you don’t stop that.” Kouga growled.

“My sincerest apologies.” Myoga said. “Now what may you need Kagome-sama?”

“Myoga, was that InuYasha?”

“The dragon? No, that was Inuhidoi’s true form.” The old flea answered.

“How the hell did he get that big?” Kouga hissed.

“Let me explain, Kami’s true form is a dragon. It’s their natural soul, dark or light.”

“Dark or light?” Kagome asked, puzzled.

“Kami of Heaven and Kami of Hell.”

“Oh.” Kagome said.

“But you said this Inuhidoi guy was only half Kami.” Kouga said.

“He is, his true form is not nearly the size of a turn Kami.” Myoga said.

“They can get bigger?!” Hakkaku yelped.

“Oh yes, but they never show themselves. I wouldn’t worry about encountering a Kami in their true form.” Myoga answered.

“Then what the hell is Inuhidoi!?” Kouga snapped.

“He is half-Kami and Half-Inu youkai.”

“Then why is his true form not a dog, like Sesshomaru’s?” Kagome asked.

“Let me put in perspective of InuYasha-sama. InuYasha-sama would rather take a true form of an Inu-youkai then a human. InuYasha-sama would not have his true form being a human, because it is the weaker part of his blood.”

“Excuse me?” Kagome had her tone darkened. “Are you calling humans weak Myoga?”

“No Kagome-sama! In Inuhidoi’s case his Inu-youkai is his weaker blood, he wanted to become a full fledged Kami just like InuYasha-sama wanted to be a full fledged youkai.” Myoga explained.

“Mutt, I mean InuYasha wanted that?” Kouga looked at Kagome.

“Yea, he tried to steal the Shikon no Tama in order to become a full fledge youkai.” Kagome sighed.

“Oh, that might explain a few things.” Kouga said.

“Is that all?” Myoga asked.

“What happens if Sesshomaru can’t wield Tessaiga?” Kagome asked.

“He can’t it is a know fact, Kagome-sama.”

“Then why did he give Tensegia to Rin? It worked.” Kagome asked.

“That I do not know, Sesshomaru-sama sometimes puzzles even me.” Myoga said shaking his head.

“His other sword broke.” Ginta said.

“Yea, Tokijin was broken.” Kagome sighed.

“Tensegia was forged out of Inu no Taishou-sama’s fang. It did surprise me that it worked, but Inuhidoi can heal his soul just as fast as he can heal his body.” Myoga said.

“Made since, mutt, ugh! InuYasha lost again.” Kouga muttered.

“Having a hard time Kouga?” Kagome smiled.

“I’m so much better at calling him that!” Kouga spat.

“Kagome-sama?”

“Yes Myoga?”

“Is it true, you’re InuYasha-sama’s mate?” Kagome felt Kouga suddenly stiffen and growl, pulling her closer to him.

“No, it’s not.” Kouga hissed.

“Myoga, I couldn’t stop…”

“That’s enough Kagome; I don’t want to make him force you to tell him.” Kouga said.

“It is fine if you do not want to speak about it.” Myoga nodded.

“I want to though. It may help cut the tension around the whole thing!” Kagome fell into tears.

“Sister…” Hakkaku mumbled.

“It wasn’t InuYasha’s fault it was him! Inuhidoi! Damn him!” Kagome felt her own tongue burn upon saying such a thing.

“Shhh…its okay Kagome, we’ll kill this Inuhidoi and bring mutt, I mean InuYasha back.” Kouga rubbed her head.

“InuYasha…” Kagome moaned.

She closed her eyes, picturing her beautiful hanyou in her sight. His golden burning eyes, his silver hair, his strong body, and most of all his cute two dog ears that made Kagome smile in thinking about rubbing them between her fingers.

Kagome wondered if his ears would disappear eventually if Inuhidoi did take him. Kagome had noticed they had moved more down his head, more like Sesshomaru’s ears. No, she wanted those ears; she would not have Inuhidoi destroy what little of InuYasha there was left.

InuYasha’s hair had stayed silver; meaning Inuhidoi also had silver hair. It had grown longer, and harder. Kagome had grabbed him by the head in order to get away from him, the silky feeling his hair once had had become no more then a hardened stiff cloth.

Kagome shivered. Myoga had gone silent on her shoulder and Kouga seemed far in thought. Ginta and Hakkaku had actually fallen asleep not far away. Shippo who had been silent the whole conversation, had been asleep in her lap. She petted the young youkai’s tail and sighed.

Miroku and Sango had found a nice shady spot under a small tree; they had fallen asleep in each others arms. Kagome smiled, the two had kissed twice in one day, and they were both feeling the pressure of everything bring their deepest feelings for one another.

Rin and Ah-Un were off to the right, were the two-headed dragon had wrapped its tail around the sleeping girl. Rin held Tensegia close as she slept soundly.

Sesshomaru had not returned, and Kagome had found herself worried about the Youkai Lord. He had gone after Tessaiga, but did he run into trouble? Did he run into InuYasha?

Kagome looked up into the sky, the moon was barley there. That’s when Kagome realized tomorrow was the night of the new moon. Would InuYasha even turn human? Would it be the best chance for them to kill Inuhidoi?

As Kagome thought, she felt the slight snoring of the wolf youkai that held her tightly in his arms. Kouga had fallen asleep.

Kagome knew she would not be able to sleep, she was just too worried. InuYasha if you can hear me, even my thoughts, please I love you and always will. Just be strong for me, be strong and we’ll get you back. Kagome thought. We’ll get you back, I promise…mate.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment