Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 31 - Fang

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 31 - Fang

Chapter 31 - Fang
Sesshomaru flew on, his nose sniffing the air trailing Rin’s scent. Sesshomaru had had a hard time following her scent because it had been mixed with Inuhidoi’s youki. Growling, Sesshomaru turned away from the clearing that the exterminator had been poisoned.

“Where I found Rin.”

His otouto’s words burned through Sesshomaru’s thoughts. Sesshomaru had left Rin and Jaken much further back. They might have wandered away, but it had to be close.

Sesshomaru looked down, Tokijin was bent, and he almost stopped his flight. Tensegia was not there, and then he remembered giving Rin his otou’s fang. Why had he done that?

Sesshomaru had only his poison if he encountered Inuhidoi. He was down to his true form, if Inuhidoi turned into…that again.

Sesshomaru watched the wood travel underneath him, his tail blowing in the breeze as he continued on. Vermin, Sesshomaru thought, he had been smart to ditch Tessaiga. Sesshomaru remembered the flea’s words, ‘Tessaiga Inu Soul’. Sesshomaru thought it had sounded familiar.

Inu no Taishou, “Tessaiga, is the only one who can break the…curse.”

Myoga, “Tessaiga Inu Soul.”

InuYasha, “Wings.”

Sesshomaru, the scent he had felt, the scent of Inuhidoi, he had smelled it before, the night InuYasha’s mother…died.



_~~~~~~~_



Sesshomaru smelled burning huts, and the smell of blood. Jaken moved next to him.

“My Lord?” his servant asked.

“Silence Jaken.”

Sesshomaru moved forward, Tensegia shook next to him. He smelled his otou. How was that possible? His otou died five years ago protecting some human women.

Sesshomaru entered a village, or what was left of a village. He saw no one alive, nothing was left standing. Live stock lay dead, blood soaked the soil, and bodies lay in the path.

Sesshomaru looked as he passed, there lives were nothing to him, but he was curious on what that scent was, and to see if this youkai was powerful enough to be a worthy opponent.

He sniffed, the smell was his otou, it was human, and it was something very sinister. Sesshomaru felt confusion hit him, what was this? Did something bring his otou back from the grave? Impossible, his otou was stronger then any youkai that ever lived, nothing would even come to close to bring the Great Inu Youkai back to the living.

“Jaken.”

“Yes, my Lord?”

“Stay behind this Sesshomaru, and say nothing.”

“Yes, my Lord.”

Sesshomaru approached the revolting scent. Sesshomaru was not afraid of what it was, but who it might just as well be.

Sesshomaru passed by a dead child, the boy had been scratched to pieces; he hadn’t gotten a chance to fight back. Sesshomaru could only smell the blood of humans, apparently the youkai that had attacked had not been injured in the slightest.

The Youkai Lord approached, the scent was strongest here. Sesshomaru finally came up to see a dead man and women.

The sobs rang in his ears. Sesshomaru came closer to see a hanyou, crying on the dead women. He looked at the pup, he must have been no more then a few years old.

Suddenly the hanyou swirled in his direction, and Sesshomaru saw what had happened to the village. Blood, was all over the hanyou, his red clothes soaked in it, his claws covered in pieces of flesh, his eyes flicking from gold to red.

The hanyou had once had silver hair, but had to much blood to even describe it as that color. Tears ran down his cheek, he seemed sorry on what he had done.

The scent that was coming off earlier had gone, what were left were his otou’s scent, and that women’s. He recognized her, it was slight, but he knew this was the woman that Inu no Taishou had made his mate. This hanyou was his otouto.



_~~~~~~~_



Sesshomaru blinked as he landed back on the ground, and unconsciousness Jaken plopped onto the ground falling from his tail. Sesshomaru shook his head of that memory. This memory he had kept from InuYasha, he had no plans on telling him, but Sesshomaru already had the feeling that Inuhidoi had already told his otouto.

The time he almost had said it was when the flea was talking about InuYasha breaking. Sesshomaru knew, InuYasha may hate having human blood, but he still cared for his mother. Sesshomaru could not picture what his otouto would do if he ever found out.

Sesshomaru had followed Rin’s scent to here. Jaken and Ah-Un’s were faint here as well, but it was getting mixed now that his servant was present. Sesshomaru began to scan the area, looking for the familiar fang.

“My…Lord?”

“Jaken, you are awake.”

“Ohhh…”

“Do not waste this Sesshomaru’s time, find Tessaiga.”

“Ohhh…yes my Lord.”

Jaken wobbled on his legs, but used his staff for support. Sesshomaru began scanning the ground for the sheath. He moved through the bushes when his foot stepped something smooth and straight.

The Youkai Lord looked down; he had found it, Tessaiga.

Suddenly he felt Inuhidoi’s scent slam his nose. Sesshomaru hissed, he was still weakened a little from his previous wounds, and was not yet ready for battle.

Grabbing Tessaiga, he looked for his servant. Where was Jaken? He had been there a minute ago. Sesshomaru felt a shadow come over his body, and turned to see what he knew it was, Inuhidoi.

“Sesshomaru.”

Jaken suddenly yelped and squirmed his body from under InuYasha’s foot. Sesshomaru could see InuYasha no longer wore anything, huge black armor portrayed over his entire body. Sesshomaru saw they were armor, of his true form, the scales of the dragon on which he had become.

“Do you fear this Sesshomaru, since you persist to pursue?”

“Sesshomaru, nor you or any other living creature frightens me in such a way.”

Sesshomaru grabbed Tessaiga and held it out in front of him. Otouto…

“Do not persist that your power makes this Sesshomaru fear you as his superior.” Sesshomaru growled. Sesshomaru knew he was on the brink of unleashing his true form on what stood in front of him, when Inuhidoi smirked.

“He knows Sesshomaru, InuYasha knows.”

Sesshomaru growled. “I do not believe you are saying the entire truth Inuhidoi.”

“Sesshomaru, once he breaks, the one descendant that I see will cease to exist.”

With that, Inuhidoi charged. Sesshomaru felt Tessaiga jolt violently in his arm, but had to move to avoid being cut in half. Sesshomaru moved over still holding InuYasha’s sword. It wouldn’t stop shaking; it shook so hard Sesshomaru was now having a tough time holding it.

“If you intend to flee Sesshomaru that will soon not be an option.”

“This Sesshomaru has no intention from fleeing from the likes of you!” Sesshomaru felt his youki intensify, his eyes bleeding red. “Feel the wrath of Inu no Taishou!”

Sesshomaru felt his body enlarge, and stood over what used to be his otouto. His enormous dog body growled sending ripples through the woods. Sesshomaru drooled letting the poison drip from his mouth.

Growling he swung his massive mouth toward the now smaller Inuhidoi. With one effortless jump Inuhidoi avoided his massive jaws and flew in the air, spreading his wings.

“Sesshomaru you really want to know how your otou defeated me.”

Sesshomaru just growled in response, aiming for another blow, this time with his paw.

“He had the power of his families’ souls, what a coincidence Sesshomaru; he had two sons the curse I left him with.”

Sesshomaru charged, he wanted nothing to do with Inuhidoi’s explanation he wanted to kill him. Inuhidoi had no right to tell InuYasha the secret he had been holding from him for so long.

“Get out of that form.”

Sesshomaru saw the black dragon in front of him; they were now two massive beasts facing each other. Sesshomaru growled, his red eyes burning into the red eyes that stared back.

“You face death Sesshomaru, and InuYasha will see you, die.”

Sesshomaru lunged sinking his fangs into the neck of the dragon, his back paws clawing at the backside of the dragon’s hide. Inuhidoi’s body was a lot more flexile and wrapped around his body, squeezing.

Sesshomaru bit down harder, his fangs bending under the pressure of trying to bite through unbreakable scales. The scales of a Kami, is the strongest in all of armor.

Sesshomaru felt his body shrink back, he pulled form Inuhidoi and collapsed on the ground, his body pulled and broken. Hissing in anger and pain, Sesshomaru got to his feet and ran back to grab Tessaiga. InuYasha, you must let me wield our otou’s fang, otherwise…

Tessaiga’s fuyouheki sent pain shooting up his arm, and Sesshomaru dropped Tessaiga, growling. He could not wield Tessaiga, even if his otouto wanted him to, the fuyouheki would never let a youkai wield it.

“Damn.” Sesshomaru hissed.

He looked up, were did Inuhidoi go? Sesshomaru felt his senses go all around him; he was off to his right. A ball of red youki came in his direction; the pain in his hand from Tessaiga had been too much of a distraction for him to avoid the youki that was coming in his direction. Instead Sesshomaru leveled Tessaiga in front of him, letting Tessaiga’s fuyouheki shield him.

To Sesshomaru’s surprise the fuyouheki from Tessaiga dispersed the youki, leaving nothing but smoke. Tessaiga couldn’t purify youki, how…?

“Die Sesshomaru.”

Sesshomaru moved in time to avoid Inuhidoi’s poisonous claws, but the wing arced up, slicing into his face.

“My Lord!!!” Jaken shouted.

“Ugh!” Sesshomaru balance was sent off and he spiraled into the ground. “Damn you.”

“Sesshomaru when you look for a opponent, find it in yourself, join your otou in Hell.”

Sesshomaru growled, he had had enough of being pushed around by the like of this half-Kami. He jumped forward and slammed his body into InuYasha’s sending them both tumbling down the hill, smacking into trees and twigs as the rolled by.

Inuhidoi’s armor sank into his left shoulder; Sesshomaru bit his lip and slammed his poison claws into InuYasha’s face. The claws sank in the flesh and the gold liquid came pouring out. The pain was mixed with his own poison as Inuhidoi’s blood burned his skin.

When they stopped Sesshomaru pushed the massive body off of him and clung to Tessaiga and slammed the sheath into one of Inuhidoi’s wings. Inuhidoi hissed.

“My Lord!” Jaken’s voice rang over the clearing as the two massive youkai and half-Kami battled.

“You insignificant insect!”

“Vermin!”

Sesshomaru hooked Tessaiga and slammed with all his strength into the larger body, pushing him backwards. Inuhidoi slammed his claws into Sesshomaru’s back sinking them into his skin. Sesshomaru pulled away just before that poison would enter his body.

Sesshomaru felt his breath begun to wheeze, he growled and took a few steps back. He reached for Tessaiga; he would have to ignore the pain that would soon be shooting through his arm.

Grabbing the hilt he ripped the great fang out, the pain embedding his arm. Sesshomaru felt the wind wrap around the fang, he was only going to get one shot.

“KAZA NO KIZU!”

The Kaza no Kizu shot full blast toward the half-Kami, Inuhidoi hissed in surprised. But that was before Sesshomaru felt sudden pain in his right side, four red claws had sunken into his flesh, the poison entered his body.

Sesshomaru dropped Tessaiga, his vision starting to blur.

“Jaken!”

“My Lord!”

His servant ran up, Sesshomaru managed to sheath Tessaiga and grabbed his servant by the collar. He flew into the air, his eyes pierced red, as he transformed. The bigger he got the more it would take the poison to spread. For the first time Sesshomaru feared for his life, he had to get to the flea, before it was too late. To late for him, and too late for InuYasha.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment