Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 32 - Promised

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 32 - Promised

Chapter 32 - Promised
Sango awoke in houshi’s arms. At first she felt like she was going to slap him until he released her, when yesterdays events came rushing back to her in waves. They had kissed, not once, but twice.

Sango felt her face go hot. Why had she kissed him? She looked at Miroku’s sleeping figure. He breathed in and out slowly, and Sango felt his embrace brought more reassurance then a feeling she was being groped.

No, Sango thought, he had kissed her. Sango looked at his kazaana hand and the horrible truth came back to her. Miroku’s promise, to suck Inuhidoi in if InuYasha broke.

Sango pulled herself slowly out of Miroku’s arms, careful not to wake him. She grabbed her newly repaired Hiraikotsu and knelt down by Kirara.

“Kirara.”

The youkai cat mewed and woke up. She purred and rubbed against Sango’s legs. “Kirara, I need you to do me a favor.” Sango whispered.

Kirara cocked her head to the side, understanding. Sango whispered her order and Kirara transformed.

“Shhh…Kirara we must not wake the others.”

Sango hoped onto Kirara’s back, and the youkai cat rose in the air with silent grace. She flew in the sky looking for any sign of the missing Youkai Lord. Sango had felt an evil youki spread through the land, it had been Inuhidoi’s. But his youki was not alone; Sesshomaru’s youki had so much power behind it that together their youki seemed almost equal. Sango had a bad feeling the two had transformed into two massive beasts, an Inu Youkai and a Kami Dragon.

“Kirara…”

Sango held her Hiraikotsu over her shoulder, ready to throw it. She had made a decision she would not hesitate to throw it at Inuhidoi. Maybe, Sango thought, it was because what he had done to Kagome. Kagome, she had doing nothing to deserve that. Inuhidoi had done it to humiliate her, and Sango thought, maybe to push InuYasha even further down.

Sango knew InuYasha and Kagome had deep feelings for each other, but not in a way to start a family. Even Miroku and her relationship wasn’t completely that deep yet. Though, Sango thought, we just had our first kiss yesterday.

Kirara pumped her flight faster then ever. Even in her transformed state her purring seemed to ease Sango’s unnerving feelings.

“Ugh.” Sango put her hand over her injured arm. It hadn’t broken, but it had been pulled in a different direction. The arm had turned into a giant bruise, Sango was just glad it wasn’t her throwing arm.

Suddenly the entire earth seemed to tremble and Kirara stopped in mid-flight, afraid. Sango gripped her Hiraikotsu tightly; she knew she was going into a battle with so uneven odds. She was human, and she was running towards a taiyoukai and a half-Kami to help. Sango never considered herself weak, but she knew that Sesshomaru would consider her a weak mortal. He considered InuYasha weak, so Sango had to be ready, to even be killed.

She saw huge figures up ahead then they suddenly disappeared. She had just missed them in their true forms.

“Kirara stop.” Sango commanded. “Dive down and we shall stay hidden in the trees.” Kirara did as was told and went down towards the ground. Sango jumped off her feline’s back, and put her poison mask on her face.

Sango removed the scent beads, she had used them on youkai’s that had sensitive noses, and InuYasha was one of them. Inuhidoi, being a half-Kami and half-Inu youkai, Sango figured it would have a worse or less effect on him. She would have to warn Sesshomaru, she did not want him falling in battle.

“Let’s go Kirara, we…”

A roar interrupted her speech. Sango looked up to see a enormous silver dog running, flying through the sky, back towards their camp.

“Sesshomaru!” Sango jumped back onto Kirara’s back and flew after the Youkai Lord. She looked behind her to see if Inuhidoi had been following him, no one was there.

It took Kirara a few more paces to catch up with the enormous dog, but Sango could see why. Sesshomaru had been weakened greatly, Jaken clung to his neck fur, and something was in his mouth.

Sango saw Miroku get up with Kouga and Kagome.

“Sango!” Miroku yelled.

“Houshi! It’s Sesshomaru!” Sango landed and ran toward the fallen Youkai Lord. Sango saw the dog suddenly shrink and Sesshomaru took his more human form.

“Sesshomaru-sama!” Myoga yelled. Rin awoke and screamed.

“Sesshomaru-sama, Sesshomaru-sama!” the little girl ran and fell on her Lord, in a fit of tears. Sango could see what had caused his injures, he had been poisoned just like she had.

“Sango…”

“Houshi…?”

“He’s coming.” Miroku looked into the sky. Sango felt her fear take her again. Miroku clenched his kazaana hand.

“Houshi, you promised not to…” Sango started.

“Sango…” Miroku looked at her in the eyes.

“Myoga, how much more can you take?” Kagome’s voice interrupted their worries.

“Oh…I have never tasted Sesshomaru-sama’s blood before.” Sango could see Myoga had grown large once more.

“Man, you are really useful flea.” Kouga snapped. “shoot, mutt’s, I mean InuYasha is here.”

“No,” Kagome said. “Inuhidoi is here.”

Something in Kagome’s voice made them all back away from the miko. Sesshomaru growled his eyes still red as he panted for breath. He gripped his neck and sank his own claws into his skin. His own poison wouldn’t hurt him so Sango understood what the Youkai Lord was doing. With his own poison, he would heal faster against the stronger poison that had entered his body, only with a little bit of Myoga’s help.

“Sesshomaru-sama?” Rin asked. “Here is your sword.” She held out Tensegia. Sesshomaru gladly took it, but dropped something else behind him. Sango gasped, the Youkai Lord had found Tessaiga.

“Tessaiga!” Myoga explained.

“Mutt’s sword? I mean InuYasha!” Kouga said.

“InuYasha…” Kagome whimpered.

Kagome went over and took the fang from the ground and held it close to her. A small tear fell down her face.

“Sesshomaru?” Miroku asked.

“What…houshi?”

“You found Tessaiga, can you not wield it?” Miroku asked.

“This Sesshomaru can not.”

Sango felt her body flinch. “Then who can wield the ‘Inu Soul’?” Sango asked worriedly.

“Sango-sama, it is up to InuYasha-sama now.” Myoga sputtered.

“But wasn’t mutt-InuYasha denied too?!” Kouga shouted.

“Oh this is bad.” Myoga whispered.

“Myoga-chan, there must be another way.” Miroku said.

“Houshi…don’t even think of it.” Sango snapped towards him.

“Is there a way to remove Inuhidoi’s soul? Then I can suck him up into my kazaana.” Miroku asked.

“It…you’re talking about removing a half-Kami’s soul from a body that he has laid dormant in for over two-hundred years.” Myoga said.

“What!?” Kagome screamed. “He’s been in InuYasha for his whole life!?”

“Dormant no, in yes.”

Sango spun around, to see InuYasha. She felt her whole perspective go haywire. He stood there almost nine feet tall, his wings spread out fifty feet from tip to tip, and his body, covered in magnificent black dragon-scaled armor. For once, Sango was terrified, of every aspect of him.

“InuYasha!” Kagome cried.

“Inuhidoi, you’re mine.” Sesshomaru hissed. With that the Inu Youkai Lord charged his Tensegia in hand and swung. Inuhidoi moved in a blink of an eye, avoiding the healing sword. He flew in the air and circled back around charging at Sesshomaru with an extreme amount of speed.

“OSWARI!”

The command was echoed around them, and the beads that lay around InuYasha’s neck shot a pink glow, and Inuhidoi slammed into the ground, right at Sesshomaru’s feet.

Sango stopped, the beads of subjugation worked? Sesshomaru didn’t hesitate, he swung Tensegia aiming for Inuhidoi’s open back, and to the Youkai Lord’s surprise the fang bounced off the armor, and jutted him backwards.

“You dog.”

InuYasha got up, his wings snapped back up. Kagome froze, her face painted with fear. Kouga stepped in front of her.

“You want Kagome you piece of shoot, you got to go through me!” the wolf youkai hissed.

“Inuhidoi, move and your fate is your own.”

Sango froze, Miroku only said that if he intended to…

“Houshi no!” Sango cried. Miroku stood his hand around the scared beads that sealed his kazaana. Inuhidoi actually did stop; he turned to Miroku and glared at him.

“If you expect me to lose to a hanyou’s curse, houshi, you’re wrong.”

“Houshi, you promised only if InuYasha lost! He’s still there!” Sango grabbed his arm and pushed him away. “You promised!”

“Sango!” Suddenly Miroku wrapped his arms around her and pulled her towards the ground, just in time to avoid the poisonous claws of Hell.

Sango took the scent beads from her armor; she had to warn Kouga and Sesshomaru first.

“Sesshomaru, Kouga! Hold you nose!” Sango put her hand over her mask to keep it pressed down and threw the scent beads towards Inuhidoi.

“What…”

Inuhidoi did look like he didn’t like it, but he didn’t faint from the scent, he just backed away. That’s all Sango needed.

“HIRAIKOTSU!”

Sango threw the bone at one of Inuhidoi’s wings, it hit its mark. She heard the sickening snap of bones being broken as her Hiraikotsu flew back into her hands.

Inuhidoi growled in anger. Miroku jumped up and hoped onto Kirara’s back to avoid the claws once more.

“Hey asshole! Your opponent is me!” Kouga ran up slamming his foot into the injured wing. It did move slightly and pushed the surprised wolf youkai backwards. “Damn it! He just doesn’t go down!” Kouga hissed.

“OSW--”

Kagome’s command was cut short, with Kouga’s body sideswiping hers. “Kouga!” Kagome screamed.

“dog, you could only subdue InuYasha with these, this will not subdue me.”

With one grab Inuhidoi wrapped his hand around the beads of subjugation and ripped them from his neck. The necklace fell to the ground, torn in half. Miroku took a step back, Kagome gasped, and Shippo yelped.

“Damn you…” Sango hissed.

“Inuhidoi, die.” Sesshomaru came rushing back, swinging Tensegia. Inuhidoi avoided the sword once more and landed right next to Rin. The girl screamed and ran, but Inuhidoi’s hand moved faster grabbing a fistful of her hair.

“Rin!” Sesshomaru hissed.

He charged giving no mercy whether or not InuYasha was there. With one swing of his arm he threw Tensegia and unleashed his poison whip, slicing into InuYasha’s face.

Sango ran up, her Hiraikotsu aimed for Inuhidoi’s other wing. Inuhidoi let go of Rin and swung his poison at Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru moved just in time just as he grabbed Rin away and jumped out of harms way.

“Sango!” Miroku’s voice hit her ears.

Sango turned to see Inuhidoi’s poison towards her. She raised her Hiraikotsu to block it when she felt something move pass her at a great speed. The glow was pink and just as she felt the poison began to sink into the boomerang once more; the pink light hit its target. The arrow of a miko, the arrow of Kagome had hit Inuhidoi in the right wing.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment