Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 33 - Purified

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 33 - Purified

Chapter 33 - Purified
Kagome felt the arrow pierce off her bow. She had dropped Tessaiga and had grabbed it while the others had distracted Inuhidoi. She felt the hot tears go down her face as she let the arrow go. She loved InuYasha, and she had never imagined herself shooting him with her purifying arrows. Not since Kikyo had pinned him to the Sacred Tree for fifty years.

“Inuhidoi!”

Kagome screamed as the arrow shot from her bow. The pink light streaked very close to Sango as it passed the exterminator, hitting its intended target.

The arrow pierced the wing, gold blood shooting out of the now new wound. The arrow sank into the flesh, sticking out like a branch would if embedded in a wooden post. The pink aura filtered around the wound, and the wing suddenly sagged, like her miko powers had somehow weakened his powers.

InuYasha looked at her, his eyes fading from that sneer into the softer texture. Both of his wings slammed to the ground, and his enormous body fell right after them. Kagome could feel InuYasha, she wanted him and so she had made him come out.

“InuYasha!” Kagome ran over to the fallen body and collapsed on his head, tears running down his face.

“Kagome no, get away…” Kouga began.

“Wait Kouga, I think…” Miroku put a hand to stop the raging wolf youkai.

“Otouto?” Sesshomaru growled.

“Run…”

Kagome flinched, InuYasha sounded so weak. Kagome sat up and rubbed his bangs away from those evil, yet so far eyes. Kagome whimper inspite that everyone was staring and kissed him on the top of the head.

“Please, don’t die, I love you.” Kagome purred.

“Kagome…you’re alive.”

Kagome flinched, why did he think she had been dead? Then she remembered the blast that Inuhidoi had shot at them, in his true form. Kagome shivered then rubbed her nose in his hair, feeling how stiff it had become.

“InuYasha, we all are okay.” Kagome whispered.

“Kagome…” Sango looked down over her. She stood behind her, her arm resting on her Hiraikotsu, Miroku right behind her, staff gripped tightly in hand. Sesshomaru stood off to the side, Tensegia still clutched tightly in his claws. Rin whimpered and clung to his tail, while Jaken had hid behind the little girl, afraid. Shippo clung to Hakkaku’s leg, as he and Ginta both held each other hiding behind Kouga.

“InuYasha-sama!” Myoga bounded over. “Please InuYasha-sama you must wield Tessaiga before it’s to late!

“I…can’t.”

“InuYasha-sama you must, it’s the only way to kill Inuhidoi! You must use the ‘Inu Soul’!”

“Inu…Soul?”

“Myoga please, he’s in no condition.” Kagome took his hair and curled it around her hand. She leaned in and rubbed his ears, they had become hard, more like skin more then soft fluffy ears. Kagome felt her whole body stiffen. It was warning her, her own body had recognized who had forced her against her will. No, Kagome thought, InuYasha loves me; he would have never done such a thing.

InuYasha stirred, his wings moved slightly but Kagome was no longer afraid, her arrow was still there. She knew Inuhidoi had been forced back into the darkness, where he rightfully belonged.

“InuYasha, is that you?” Miroku asked.

“Please…cut them off.”

“No, InuYasha you will not die!” Kagome cried. She grasped his head tightly, her knee suddenly moved from under her, his armor scratched her delicate skin, causing some blood to flow down her leg. She bit her lip and ignored it. Kirara came up and purred, her body pushed against one of the unmoving wings.

Kagome’s eyes went to the arrow that stuck out of his wing. The sizzling and cracking sound was of the wood burning; his blood was melting her arrow. Kagome clung to him tighter, willing her miko powers to block Inuhidoi’s power from InuYasha. She felt the burning sensation go up her arms, and down her back, Kagome had to bite her lip to keep from yelping in pain.

“Kagome…your not trying to purify him are you?” Sango asked worriedly.

“I…can’t!” Kagome felt her entire body thrown back by the shear force of her aura crashing in with Inuhidoi’s youki. Kagome whimpered as she felt Kouga’s strong arms go around her and lifted her to her feet. “Kouga…”

“Kagome, I think this guy is to powerful…even for that other miko that InuYasha cared about.” Kouga said.

“You mean Kikyo?” Miroku asked.

“The dead miko can do nothing.” Sesshomaru growled. The Youkai Lord approached the fallen half-Kami and glared down, he poked InuYasha’s face with the tip of Tensegia. InuYasha made no reaction to the sword. “Otouto.”

“You…knew Sesshomaru.”

Kagome flinched, why had she heard anger in InuYasha’s voice?

“Otouto, what are you…”

Suddenly the claws shot out snagging Sesshomaru’s neck taking the Youkai Lord by surprise.

“You knew…that I killed my own mother.”

Kagome felt her whole body go numb, she fell into Kouga and made him jerk in surprise before helping her try to stand.

“What are you talking about?” Sango asked, paled.

“Sesshomaru what is he talking about?” Miroku growled.

“My Lord, does not…” Jaken started.

“Otouto…release…me…now.” Sesshomaru growled, as he let Tensegia go in order to pry the poisonous claws away from his neck.

“Why didn’t you…just kill me?”

The claws unwounded around Sesshomaru’s neck and settled back on the ground.

“InuYasha, I did not know I had an otouto at the time.” Sesshomaru hissed.

“You could’ve saved her…instead you just…watched. Damn you.”

“She was already dead when I found her, with you crying on her body.”

Kagome felt her body slip into shock. The picture that Sesshomaru printed with his words made a horrible image in her head. She could see a small InuYasha crying, his blooded claws as he wept for her death. No, Kagome begged, this can’t be happening.

“InuYasha, is Inuhidoi…?” Miroku started.

“I don’t know…Kagome’s kekkai may not hold much longer.”


“InuYasha-sama, you must know…Inuhidoi soul still lives in the deep fear of Inu no Taishou-sama.” Myoga said.

“What…?”


“Inu no Taishou-sama killed Inuhidoi’s physical body with Sounga, but his soul still lived. In other words, Inuhidoi placed the curse on your otou. ‘If he bears a son or daughter…their body will become one with my soul, and rise up for your downfall’.” Myoga explained.

Kagome looked at Sesshomaru; his eyes had gone down in anger.

“Then why did he not possess Sesshomaru?” Miroku asked.

“The only explanation is that Inuhidoi would see that he would never be able to wield Tessaiga.” Myoga said.

“Ridiculous.” Sesshomaru growled. He turned to InuYasha and knelt down grabbing him by the hair and pulled his head up. Kagome flinched. “Otouto, what else did this vermin tell you?”

“You…knew.”

“That conversation is over InuYasha…” Sesshomaru growled.

“It will never be over, you hate humans…and yet you couldn’t even save our otou’s mate. frack you.”

“That woman…”

Sesshomaru didn’t finish, InuYasha suddenly sat up, his eye leveled with his onii, sadness and anger mixed, with fear attached.

“Don’t ever insult my mother.”


Sesshomaru stood up, and hissed. InuYasha didn’t move from his spot on the ground but grabbed one of his wings.

“InuYasha no!” Kagome wrenched herself from Kouga’s arms and raced over to hanyou grabbing his prying hand away from the root of his wing jumped on his wrist. “Please don’t…I don’t want you to die.”

InuYasha froze; his hand stopped its motion towards his wing.

“Kagome…why do even want to touch me?”

“Because I love you.” Kagome purred and put her head under his enormous chin. The tips of his fangs sunk a little into the top of her head, but not hard enough to pierce the skin.

“InuYasha…take Tessaiga.” Sango came over and held out the fang. It jolted violently in her arms making her yelp in surprise. She dropped the sword and looked at it; it twitched wildly on the ground, almost like it had become alive.

“Otou…” Sesshomaru mumbled.

“InuYasha-sama, it is the only way.” Myoga said.

Kagome felt InuYasha’s enormous body move and she clung to his armor to stay with him. She didn’t want to be separated. Then she heard it, Inuhidoi’s voice.

“dog, do you think that a weak miko kekkai would hold me for this long?”

His voice in her head made her only cling to InuYasha tighter. No Inuhidoi, Kagome thought angrily, it is InuYasha that will hold you back.

She felt the armor move, and Kagome almost let go in surprise. Was the armor alive? Kagome hoped not.

“You killed my mother…Inuhidoi, you raped Kagome, I hate you!”

InuYasha charged his hand grabbing the hilt of Tessaiga and there was a sudden bright flash. Kagome felt her entire body thrown from him, but she felt Kouga’s arms as he caught her in mid-fall.

The blinding flash didn’t go away, and that was when she heard InuYasha screaming of pain. Tessaiga, there was so many electric shocks embedding into InuYasha’s arm, that they had pierced right through the armor he wore, as she saw them tear his skin to shreds. Gold blood went flying, everyone had to retreat form the acid like liquid.

“INUYASHA!” Kagome screamed.

InuYasha had to let the fang go, collapsing in pain. His arm now hanged useless next to him, his wings sagged and Kagome saw her arrow bent more in half. Inuhidoi was melting her kekkai, fast.

“InuYasha-sama!” Myoga yelled.

“I…can’t.”

Sesshomaru had watched the entire time, his face in disbelief. Kagome had never seen Tessaiga deny someone like that, it was almost like the sword had attacked him on its own.

“Kami…” Miroku gasped.

“Tessaiga didn’t just deny him…” Sango said. “It attacked him.”

Sesshomaru acted quickly, he ran jutting Tensegia at InuYasha’s neck and held it there. Kagome could see he feared that Inuhidoi had might have taken back in control since InuYasha has been weakened by Tessaiga’s fuyouheki.

“InuYasha-sama…you must…” Myoga started.

“Since when has this hanyou done anything?”


Sesshomaru was hit, before he could have even responded. The Youkai Lord went flying into the other direction slamming into the ground with a sickening thud.

“Damn it.” Kouga hissed.

Suddenly Kagome could feel those evil eyes train on her and Kouga. Kouga froze in mid-run, almost like he had suddenly gone into shock.

“Kouga!” Kagome screamed.

“Your dead dog.”

Inuhidoi charged, his arm healed before he even got to them and swung. Kouga managed to dodge, but his footing was caught and fell to the ground.

“Get out of here Kagome! I’ll hold him off!” Kouga yelled. Kagome scrambled to her feet, but was to scared to move from the spot. She feared for Kouga, InuYasha was not strong enough to stop Inuhidoi now.

“Move wolf.”

“Make me you fracking asshole!” Kouga roared. They charged, Inuhidoi’s body was all he really needed. But his hand began to glow red and swung. Something pierced her ears like a deaf bell, Kagome felt the air change around her and a language was heard. Inuhidoi was speaking, yet what ever he was saying, it was not in any language Kagome had ever heard of.

A red flash, and Kagome was blinded, she fell to the ground and ducked behind a tree, covering her ears. Kouga, no!

The power she felt surrounded her felt like she was in a fire, ready to burn and melt just from the heat.

“Kouga!” Kagome chocked.

Kagome put her arm over her mouth when she felt something hit her, hard.

“dog, this is the end of you.”

Kagome screamed. She ran blindly ignoring the heavy pain in her head, as she felt her loafers on her feet start to melt from the intense heat. They were made of rubber, if they were melting, she was not going to last very long.

“InuYasha…” Kagome ran, her sight now reduced to the red fire around her. Kagome felt her foot sang on something a tripped. Her face hit the gravel and felt the searing pain embed her whole body.

A clawed hand wrapped around her upper arm, and Kagome slumped knowing she had been caught.

“Please Inuhidoi…you’re his family…don’t.” Her words made no difference, he was going to kill her, she closed her eye feeling the darkness surround her once more.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment