Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 34 - Lost

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 34 - Lost

Chapter 34 - Lost
Miroku sat up and opened his eyes. There had been a blinding red flash and he had felt his body get extremely hot, forcing him to separate from Sango. Miroku groaned and felt burning sensations all over his body, and cursed.

“Miroku-sama?”

“Myoga-chan?”

“Oh I’m so glad you’re alright!” the old flea gasped. Miroku looked at his shoulder to see a soot covered flea. Miroku coughed, and some blood landed on the grass in front of him.

“I’ve had worse.” Miroku sputtered. He had to find Sango and the others. Apparently they had all been separated from whatever that blast had been. “Myoga-chan, what was that blast?”

“Ummm…I would rather…”

“Please, it wasn’t normal.” Miroku gave the flea a cold stare.

“It was a Kami’s power; more or less he used his intensified power by speaking the language not of this world.” Myoga sighed.

“Language not of this world?” Miroku asked, groaning.

“Language of the Kami’s.”

“I didn’t know they had one.” Miroku sat up and rubbed his burning scalp. “Whatever it was it felt like acid that now travels through the air.”

“I can’t tell you what specific power he used Miroku-sama, but all I can say is, the others may be in worse shape. I know Kagome-sama and Kouga-sama were extremely close.”

Miroku gulped, how close? Sango had been next to him, so she was probably not in any worse condition that he was in now. But Miroku felt he still needed to find her, before she…No! Miroku thought angrily, stop thinking negative thoughts and get up!

Miroku grabbed his staff that had been a few feet away and used it as a crutch to regain his balance. He gripped a nearby tree branch to support his staff. He leaned on the trunk gasping for breath, the older injures now reopened and these burns…

Miroku knew he had to find Sango, but in his condition he was going to go no where. He needed help, any help.

“Myoga-chan, is there a village near here?”

“I’m not aware of any.” Myoga answered. “But if you stay and rest Miroku-sama, I can scout about to check.”

“Please do.” Miroku leaned back and sat down, breathing in and out deeply. Myoga bounded off his shoulder and disappeared into the thicket. Miroku watched his small body go, and closed his eyes. He thought about Sango, their first kiss just the day before, and how she kissed him back. Her tongue still seemed to be in his mouth, curling with love and affection. Miroku realized his tongue was moving as he imagined the scene. Embarrassed, Miroku took his robe and dabbed the bit of drool that fallen out of the corner of his mouth. It hurt to move his arm, but it was necessary.

The burning scene was not to far away, and it hurt Miroku’s eyes. He stared at the scorched ground, it just looked like a regularly youki blast, but somehow it was different. First of all, Inuhidoi did it with his hands. Second, it was still InuYasha’s body, Miroku was somehow impressed InuYasha’s body could produce such raw power in such a way. There had been no sword for him to shot youki, why would he really need it? It looked like he was powerful enough without one.

Miroku closed his eyes, and turned his chin to the sky. He was alone, opened to youkai, the only chance he had was his kazaana and if that youkai had a Shikon no Tama shard he would suck it in anyways. Curse this pain, Miroku thought, for once I wish I healed as fast as Sesshomaru.

He put his staff close to him and drew a few sutras. He placed them around him and one on the tree behind him. The kekkai came over him and Miroku sighed feeling a little more comfortable. Wishing Sango was with him to comfort his painful wounds Miroku decided to examine them for himself.

Pulling his sleeve up on his right arm, his skin was red and black, blood oozing down his arm. Most of the blood had dried and Miroku realized that had been a older wound, and the burns had opened it up. Miroku needed medical care before he may die of his injures. Myoga-chan, please hurry.



_~~~~~~~_



“Miroku-sama! Wake up!”

Miroku blinked his eyes open. Myoga’s voice had called out to him but it sounded muffled.

“Myoga-chan…?”

“I can’t get through with your kekkai in the way!” Myoga huffed.

“Sorry, I put it there to be safe.” Miroku strained his burned body to remove the sutras and let the kekkai fade. “Is there a village near?”

“Yes I found one, but I’m going to have to say, it is a distant walk.” Myoga sighed.

“What…?” Miroku moaned. “How far?”

“I good distance, it might take tell morning to get there.”

“Then let’s go.” Miroku took his staff and leveled it to hold his staggering weight.

“Miroku-sama! Your injures…”

“They won’t get better if I just lie there. I need some people’s help, like Kagome said these wounds will get infected if I don’t get them bandaged.” Miroku moaned.

“I wish I could help.” Myoga bowed his head down.

“You helped enough Myoga-chan, thanks.”

Miroku wobbled on his staff, hoping to see a flat path anywhere. It was just wood and Miroku felt he was just another living creature under the merciless sky. Why? Why had the Kami's done this to him? To his friends? To InuYasha? And to Sango? What was the point of fighting your greatest enemy when one of your friends suddenly discovers a past then become worse then your enemy. Naraku may be a savage, but he had never, never violated someone like Inuhidoi did to Kagome.

It made Miroku shake with rage; his promise to Sango was going to be fulfilled if InuYasha broke. What he had heard between InuYasha and Sesshomaru, made Miroku think that InuYasha was close to breaking.

First, InuYasha had hurt his companions, his closest friends, and then he broke his onii’s sword. Second, he was forced to break the women he mostly cared about, forced her against her will, hurt her in every way, physically, mentally, and psychically. Third, his body had twisted into a body out of any resignation. Miroku could barley tell that was InuYasha any more. The feature of what used to be his hanyou friend had faded, the only thing that really was still there, was his spirit. InuYasha was fighting a losing battle after what he had learned and what he had done.

“Myoga-chan?”

“Yes, Miroku-sama?”

“Is it true, did InuYasha really kill…his own mother?”

“Ummm….InuYasha-sama would rather not us talk of the matter.”

“InuYasha is not here, answer the question Myoga-chan.”

“Do you really want to know?” Myoga whispered.

“Yes, I believe this Inuhidoi goes back to this incident.” Miroku snapped.

“You’re true there Miroku-sama, when InuYasha-sama was only five years old he…transformed.” Myoga stopped in mid-sentence. Miroku looked at the old flea.

“Well?”

“The story behind InuYasha-sama’s transformation was his youkai blood, I had completely forgotten about Inuhidoi’s curse. In truth, Kikyo-sama pinned InuYasha-sama to the tree, I would not be surprised if Inuhidoi want to make Kagome-sama suffer.”

“Why?” Miroku asked, darkly.

“Kagome-sama is the reincarnation of Kikyo-sama, who bound InuYasha-sama to the Sacred Tree for fifty years. Not only did she bind InuYasha-sama she bounded Inuhidoi as well.”

“So, Inuhidoi is after Kikyo-chan?” Miroku asked.

“I wouldn’t put it past him.” Myoga answered.

“How did InuYasha’s otou slay Inuhidoi?”

“With Sounga, more or less, he killed only Inuhidoi’s physically body. It is very different then what InuYasha-sama is fighting.” Myoga sighed. “I told you his curse once he released his soul form his body, in order to get revenge on Inu no Taishou-sama.”

“How exactly…?” Miroku started when a sharp pain came up his leg. “Oh!”

“Miroku-sama, are you alright?!”

“My ankle, I think I twisted it.” Miroku leaned against his staff, now limping on his one good foot. “How much further?”

“Not far now, you might want to be careful, there are some villagers on guard, since they saw Inuhidoi’s explosion.” Myoga said.

“Thanks.” Miroku sighed. He gasped for breath as his body screamed for relaxation. No, Miroku thought, not until we get to the village.

“Up ahead Miroku-sama.”

Miroku pushed his staff forward to see two dark figures standing there with pitchforks in hand. Miroku kept moving forward, knowing the two scared guards would hear his footsteps.

“Who is there!?” A man’s voice yelled.

“Please…I’m Miroku a Buddhist Houshi, I mean no…Ugh!” Miroku fell to his knees in pain. It was coming from his chest now. He felt some rough hands grab him and slightly pick him up.

“He’s a houshi!”

“Looks pretty beat up; we better get him to the woman for care.” Miroku sighed, nothing was better; he was going to be alright, for now. Myoga must have disappeared inside his robe to hide form the human guards.

Miroku closed his eyes as he felt the two men pick him up carefully and lead him into a freshly cleaned hut.

“Woman we have an injured man here!”

Miroku thought went to Sango, please be safe my dear. Miroku felt Myoga on his cheek, but the flea made no conversation. Instead he sucked slightly at his blood, most likely checking if he was poisoned. Seeing he was not, the old flea dove back into his robes and hid. Miroku looked up to see a young woman putting a cold, wet cloth on his forehead.

“Don’t worry dear houshi,” The woman looked at him. “I’ll be treating your wounds.”

“InuYasha…” It was the last thing Miroku thought as the blackness of pain spread over his face. He fell into the blackness; his life now was in the hands of these kind villagers.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment