Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 35 - Hanging

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 35 - Hanging

Chapter 35 - Hanging
The darkness was damp, and lonely. InuYasha felt the heavy eyes look around. Whatever Inuhidoi had done was over now. InuYasha tried to shake off the floating darkness that surrounded him, why? Why was he stuck like this? Trapped in his own body, forced to endure the pain of hurting the people he had sworn to protect.

In the world of his own mind, InuYasha had finally had gone under his own skin. It was only a matter of time now. He couldn’t endure the pain of Tessaiga; endure to see into Kagome’s eyes, or even Miroku and Sango’s for that matter. Kouga would never forgive him for what he did to Kagome, nor would he ever forget. Sesshomaru never accepted him anyway, but if he went back to the way he was would Sesshomaru just end his life? Sesshomaru was family, I guess, but would he have any heart to kill him? InuYasha was hoping to see that cold stare from his onii; it would prevent anything like this from happening.

InuYasha went back to see his mother, dead by his own claws. Why wouldn’t he wake up? Was he just in another nightmare and just couldn’t wake up? Inuhidoi was real, why couldn’t he just accept that? Maybe, InuYasha thought, because I’m on the verge of breaking.

InuYasha saw the memory of his mother that had always burned through his mind, the first time he saw his mother’s tears.

“Mommy, what’s a hanyou?”

The tears had glittered off her beautiful face; bring sadness to the only happiness InuYasha had left. InuYasha watched the other people walk away as all he did was want to play. What was he anymore? He didn’t think anyone would push him this far, but it had started with Kagome, and went downhill from there. InuYasha still had horrible images of her scared up face, her blood leaking from her mouth as she bit his finger. And worse of all her bare body being pushed to the limit of something so powerful, so evil, her miko powers had panicked in how to react. InuYasha would never forget it, how could he? At least, it seemed, Inuhidoi had no plans of doing that to her again. He seemed only focused on killing her. InuYasha wanted to save her; he just had no strength left.

Inuhidoi looked around the burning earth. He sniffed for the girl, he smelled her along with Sesshomaru. Apparently the filthy Inu Youkai had found her and was dragging her to safety. InuYasha could hear Inuhidoi’s thoughts and they reassured him. Please protect her Sesshomaru.

“Your pleas are annoying me.”


“Then…”

InuYasha couldn’t say anymore, every part of him hurt. He looked down in the darkness, refusing to see what Inuhidoi was doing to his body now. InuYasha remembered how much he really cared for everything he cherished most; his first thought was the women he wanted to protect more then anything, Kagome.



_~~~~~~~_



“Hey InuYasha!” Kagome waved to him. InuYasha stood up and growled.

“Wench, what took so damn long?” InuYasha asked.

“I have exams, silly, besides I was only gone for two days!”

“Hello, Kagome glad your back.” Sango smiled.

“Kagome!” Shippo yelled.

“Hey guys, I’m glad you all are happy to see me.” Kagome smiled. “Well almost everyone.” Kagome gave him a look.

“Feh.” InuYasha rolled his eyes. He walked over to Kaeda’s hut and leaned against the wood, a scowl on his face. “So what?”

Kagome rolled her eyes and the others disappeared inside, while InuYasha sat on top of the hut, glaring into the night sky. His ears flinched at every sound and every movement.

Suddenly Kagome emerged from the hut, alone. InuYasha watched her as she shook her head, moving her hair away from her face. She looked up at him.

“Hey, you hungry?” she asked.

“Not really.” InuYasha grumbled.

“Oh come on you pouting dog, come down here.” Kagome smiled.

“Hey, stop treating me like a dog!” InuYasha hissed.

“Well then stop being as stubborn as one.” Kagome gave him a look.

“Fine!” InuYasha threw up his hands and hoped off the roof. “You don’t scare me with those ‘oswari’ commands of your anyway.”

“Oh really?” Kagome teased. “Osw—“

InuYasha flinched ready to be face first in the dirt. He opened one eye to see Kagome laughing. “Oh you did not!” he grumbled.

“I scared you!” Kagome teased.

“You’re so annoying.” InuYasha mumbled.

“Oh please, you’re more annoying then my otouto!” Kagome laughed.

“What!?” InuYasha snapped.

“Sigh I was going to take a bath in the lake.” Kagome said. “Well I should be going.” InuYasha stopped and stared at her, for some reason he was seeing her in a whole different way, in a way he never looked at her before. Kagome noticed his weird stare and frowned. “Are you okay?”

“Yea, I was just thinking…”

“No.” Kagome glared.

“I wasn’t going to join you!” InuYasha huffed, his face turning red.

“Sounded like it to me.” Kagome smiled. She came over and took his hand with hers. “Maybe one day I’ll let you.”

“Ummm…just go okay?” InuYasha felt his ears go flat on his head. He looked down at her, her face looking so beautiful and innocent in the light of the moon. InuYasha never seen this side of her, or of him for that matter. They stood in that position which felt like an eternity, when Kagome stood on her toes and pecked him in the cheek. InuYasha stayed rooted to the spot, not knowing how to respond.

“InuYasha…?”

He moved his mouth on her lips, he felt her open her mouth and their tongues in twanged. Then they pulled away, both turning red and looking away from each other.

“Sorry.” InuYasha said.

“It’s fine…” Kagome sighed. “Well I better go.” She smiled and headed away from him towards the lake.



_~~~~~~~_



InuYasha felt her lips on his, it had been the first real kiss he had with her. There second was just after Inuhidoi had shown himself, before he marked her. InuYasha felt warmer thinking about that kiss outside of Kaeda’s hut, it was just the beginning of there feelings toward one another. Kikyo still was on his mind, but Kagome was alive, she was not a broken and dying soul. InuYasha did not want Kikyo’s clay body to die, but he hated to see her soul in such a state. But Kagome, was alive her cherry face matched her night colored hair.

InuYasha watched through his own eyes, only seeing burning soil, but to his relief, no smell of burning flesh. How his friends managed to get away, he did not know, but he InuYasha was glad, they were proving to be difficult for Inuhidoi. If he ever had a chance to thank them, he would. That’s when he thought of Miroku and Sango, how much they have always been by his side.



_~~~~~~~_



“InuYasha!” Sango shouted, she slammed the Hiraikotsu into him, sending slamming into the floor of the room. InuYasha could feel Inuhidoi’s hiss of annoyance, but he ignored it, trying to gain control so he wouldn’t have to hurt his companions.

“Get away from me!

“Houshi help me!” the exterminator cried. Miroku came up and placed the staff on his thrashing head, he was confused, what the hell was going on!?

“InuYasha?” Miroku’s voice faded as his world went black When InuYasha woke up, he coughed and spewed some blood. Sango moved the Hiraikotsu off of him.

“Are you okay?” She asked.

“I think so.”

“InuYasha have you been scratching your back?” Miroku asked.

“Yea.”

“InuYasha, are you yourself now?” Sango asked her face full of worry.

“I could have killed both of you.”

“We know InuYasha.” Miroku said as he stood up.

“But that’s what companions are for InuYasha.” Sango said. “We’ll stay with you.”



_~~~~~~~_



InuYasha didn’t really want to think of the memories that had happened while Inuhidoi possessed him, but that one brought the true spirit of both the houshi and the exterminator. They have both stuck with Kagome and him, and never left there side. Numerous times they have saved his life as well as Kagome’s. In favor, InuYasha had helped Miroku deal with Naraku’s curse, and Sango’s otouto, Kohaku.

Both of them had met because of Naraku, and InuYasha was starting to realize not only the sorrow and anger Naraku brought, but also the connection and friendship it brought him. He met Kagome, and felt like his world revolved around something, Miroku, a great friend who knew how to deal with hard times, and Sango a well fighter and her persistence had more then once made him stand on his feet. Even Shippo, his little courage was more then anyone little youkai he had ever met. Shippo was brave to stand up against his otou’s killers, and proved himself not only in strength but also in soul.

InuYasha clung to the thought that they would save him, but his hope was beginning to diminish. He had only seen his onii’s true form only once when they fought for Tessaiga in otou’s grave, and he had somehow defeated him in this body. Inuhidoi had made his true form a disgusting black dragon. It didn’t match, if he was a ancestor, what the hell is his true form a dragon?

Kagome, if you’re out there, please stay safe. InuYasha fingered his thoughts, unable to respond to the world around him and refusing to speak with the creature that shared his body, he stayed in own world. A world to reflect on, a world to be in peace, InuYasha had no feelings anymore. The anger, diminished, the sorrow, his tears could not be shed, and if they had they were all dried, worry, it was now decided what his fate was, it was out of his reach. Most of all InuYasha just clung to the only thing he had, a small speck of hope. Hope, his onii could somehow defeat this disgusting excuse for a being, hope for Kagome’s safety and full recovery of her terrible ordeal. Hope, for Miroku and Sango, there life together and strengths united, maybe, InuYasha thought, they will marry and reflect their thoughts and memories to their kids on how much they tried to win one friend back that was out of their reach. Hope, for Kouga, if he did pass on, he hade every right to Kagome, he knew she loved her hanyou more then the wolf, but if he was gone, there was no one left for her. InuYasha refused to see her alone, Kouga did really care for her, and if InuYasha could not protect her from the soul that had possessed him, she was no longer under his protection. Kagome…InuYasha thought, I love you.

Suddenly InuYasha felt the outside world come around him…what? InuYasha blinked, expecting to be in control, but that was not the case, something was different. Was Inuhidoi showing him another horrible memory?

InuYasha realized he couldn’t move, his back was on the ground. Did he break? No, something was odd; he still felt the blackness, but also the softness of the grass. Blinking, he felt the burning earth around him, but no pain came, he was seeing through someone’s eyes. Please, InuYasha begged, please this is not Kagome I’m seeing. He tried to plead with the still body he was seeing out of but there was no response. Why!? Please whoever you are don’t die! InuYasha whimpered.

InuYasha felt the person he was seeing out of felt weird, it was almost like he was something else, and not a person. He blinked feeling the dark blackness on the left side of him, and on the right the earth. What was this, he felt something tingle in his mouth, almost like something was calling him.

His fangs, they were ringing, calling for him to control them. Tessaiga?

InuYasha growled he felt the sword pull off the ground, hovering in the air, the steel fang removed itself from the sheath. InuYasha felt that speck of hope go from his friends to himself. InuYasha felt a small smile come across his lips.

In his right mind, he was controlling Tessaiga, like if he was wielding it on his own. On the felt he was trapped in his own cursed body. No, InuYasha thought angrily, I will not lose.

Feeling the fang move on its own will meant it knew he was still there, buried in the deep corner of his own mind, Tessaiga could feel the soul of its wielder, and with body and spirit connected to the dying soul.

InuYasha knew this was going to be the only way, he could never have Sesshomaru wield his sword, he would wield it on his own, and Tessaiga and he were one. Connected through body and soul.

Inuhidoi, InuYasha thought, I’m not done with you yet. For whatever reason the half-Kami ignored his thoughts, and this only helped InuYasha’s case. The element of surprise was the best approach, just like he had done to Kagome. Whatever you are, InuYasha thought, you’re nothing more then prey, to my Tessaiga.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment