Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 37 - Nightmare

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 37 - Nightmare

Chapter 37 - Nightmare
Sango blinked, searing pain embedded her already injured arm. Oh houshi, Sango thought where are you?

Sango suddenly felt a low whine come from her right, to find a small Kirara, curled up a ball, her two tails twitched and her tongue lapping what looked like a very wide wound.

Sango suddenly felt a small movement from under her and grabbed at empty air, reaching for Hiraikotsu that just wasn’t there. Sango closed her eyes, she didn’t want to die. Her breathing came out in low gasps, wheezing in spite of the small amount of blood leaking from her mouth.

“Sango-sama…?”

The small voice took the exterminator off guard. The movement from under her finally wiggled itself out and she was staring into two brown eyes.

“Rin…?”

“Sango-sama…your arm.”

Sango closed her eyes; she really didn’t want to look. Sango was able to control her emotions when it came to fighting youkai. No matter how gruesome the scene was, Sango would never back away and become a little girl, throwing up in horror of what she saw. No, Sango was a youkai exterminator, and she was now to afraid to even looking at her own arm.

“Rin…is anyone around?”

“No.” The young girl shook her head. “Just us, Sango-sama.”

“Kirara…” Sango reached with her good arm and put her hand over Kirara’s soft back. The youkai cat whimpered and whined by the touch, but did not complain. Sango breathed in and out hard, the movement in her chest sent pains shooting up her injured arm, and she cried out.

“Sango-sama!”

“Are you hurt Rin?”

“I’m…no you protected me.”

“That’s good…”

Suddenly Sango could barley hear the movement of feet being pulled across the ground. She grabbed Rin’s ankle with her good arm, and dragged the young girl back under her. She reached for Hiraikotsu, which she had just spotted, and pulled the bone, over her and Kirara.

She knew if it was InuYasha, there was no hope of fighting back. Sango knew now, her arm was broken.

Sango pulled Rin closer to her body, and squeezed her eyes shut.

“Exterminator…”

Sango opened her eyes in horror. That wasn’t InuYasha that was Kouga. His voice sounded like he was drowning, his speech was so blurred she really couldn’t pick out what he had said. But she knew it was him, his youki had decreased so dramatically, and even if she didn’t have Sesshomaru’s of InuYasha’s nose, she could smell his blood.

“Kouga…?”

Sango heard a 'slump' and moved Hiraikotsu form her obstructed view. Kouga had fallen only a few feet away. His pack was no where to be seen.

Kouga didn’t move, his chest rose very slowly as he struggled to breathe. Rin wiggled out from under her once more and approached the still wolf youkai. Rin knelt down and gasped.

“Rin…what is it?”

“His legs, Sango-sama…”

Sango blinked a few times, but her own vision was so blurred. She could barley see Rin clearly anymore. Oh Kami, don’t pass out, Sango cursed herself.

“Kouga…are you there?” Sango asked the wolf youkai. She heard him grunt, but now words were formed through the air. “Kouga…?”

“He’s not awake, Sango-sama.”

“Then…wake him…I ugh!” Sango felt the searing pain shot up her arm, blinding her. Sango screamed, it wasn’t natural her arm, she moaned and thrashed her head back in forth. If she could see Rin’s face, it would be of pure confusion, and terror.

Sango took deep, slow breathes; this would not be the end here. No, Sango thought, I must find houshi, I must find Kagome, I must save Kouga, and InuYasha.

Biting her lip, Sango opened her eyes once more and grabbed a handful of grass. She put Hiraikotsu down and crawled using her legs and her one good arm. Her broken arm dragged uselessly next to her.

“Kouga…answer me.” Sango pleaded with the wolf youkai. Kouga stirred and his eyes blinked open.

“Exterminator…I UGH!”

“Kouga…don’t try to move.” Sango said. Her voice didn’t sound any better then he did. “I have to see the extent…of your injuries.”

“Women…I smell your blood.” Kouga gasped.

“I…my arm is broken.”

“Ugh…” Kouga pulled his arm on his armor and squeezed his upper arm, holding the shout that was certain in his throat.

“Sango-sama, his legs, there is so much blood.” Rin whimpered. Sango blinked and pulled her injured body closer to Kouga. She still wasn’t close enough, when she suddenly felt Kirara rub up on her cheek.

“Kirara…”

The youkai cat purred and pushed her soft body to Sango’s face. Sango felt part of her lovely fur feel sticky. Sango winched and held her good hand up, Kirara was limping her back right leg had a huge splitting cut all the way down to her paw.

“Oh Kirara…”

Sango felt the tears fall down her face to see Kirara in such a state. Anger burned, but Sango’s body had no strength to back up that anger. She gripped the grass, and squeezed her eyes, letting the tears fall freely.

“Sango-sama?”

“Rin…please, just keep watch.”

“Yes, Sango-sama.”

“Exterminator, the…Shikon no Tama shards, there what’s…keeping me alive now.” Kouga whispered. Sango blinked and looked at Kouga, his life was clinging onto the shards?

“Your not…?”

“No…I’m not dead…yet.”

“Kouga…what happened to…Kagome?”

“I…lost sight…of her…when I was…hit by InuYasha.”

“Oh Kami…” Sango could finally see the extent of Kouga’s injuries. His legs, it forced her to take a deep breath and look away. His legs, she could see the Shikon no Tama shards. The skin had been ripped completely off the muscle, useless flaps of flesh just hanging there. The blood was still coming out in drops, but most of it was drying on the outskirts of the cute. Sango could see the pink glow of his Shikon no Tama shards and his bone. One of his legs had the bone completely sticking out of his skin. It wasn’t looking good for Kouga’s life.

“Sango-sama…Ah-Un he’s here.” Sango looked over to see the two headed dragon come into view. He apparently had somehow gotten unscratched. The dragon motioned Rin over to where Sango and Kouga lay; he pushed her towards Sango, who put her good arm around the little girl. Ah-Un then curled up and wrapped his tail protectively around all four of them. The dragon was careful not to touch Kouga in doing so.

Sango closed her eyes and lay her face down next to Kirara’s purring, warm body. Rin snuggled closer, making Sango winch in pain, but only slightly. Sango closed her eyes and fell into blackness.



_~~~~~~~_



“Sango!”

Sango snapped her eyes open when she heard Miroku’s voice. He was here? Where!?

Sango opened her eyes to find herself standing with Hiraikotsu in her hand. What? Wasn’t she unconscious on the forest floor with a broken arm? Sango blinked as she stared at houshi, his hand ready to pull his kazaana open.

“Houshi…what’s going on?!” Sango cried.

“Sango, I promised this! I have no choice!” Miroku yelled. “KAZAANA!”

“Houshi…what are talking about!? What’s…?” Sango widened her eyes in horror. InuYasha stood there, or rather Inuhidoi. The kazaana had bent his enormous black wings as was pulling towards the direction of Miroku’s hand.

“HOUSHI NO!!” Sango cried. She ran and grabbed Miroku’s arm, tears pouring down her face. “InuYasha, it’s our hanyou friend!”

“Damn it Sango! InuYasha broke! He’s gone!” Miroku cried.

“No! InuYasha can’t break!” Sango cried as she pounded Miroku’s arm, crying, praying he would close it. “He’s still there! STOP!”

Suddenly a red came flashing towards the both of them. Sango covered her eyes as she was engulfed the red that now was the earth. “Houshi!”



_~~~~~~~_



Sango woke up, screaming. Sweat came off her brow and she shook her head, to find it in someone’s clawed hand. She screamed again, fling her good arm that contained her hidden sword, fearing it was Inuhidoi.

“Exterminator.”

The voice was cold and harsh, but they sounded like they had no intent to hurt her. Sango blinked her eyes open, to find herself staring into two golden eyes.

“Sesshomaru…?”

“Sesshomaru-sama…the wolf, his legs.” Sango heard the young girl whimper.

“This Sesshomaru sees.” The Youkai Lord said. “Exterminator, are you able to walk?”

“My arm…” Sango gasped. Sango felt a softer hand come on her forehead. The hand was also hurt, it was Kagome’s.

“Sango…you were having a nightmare.” Kagome whispered.

“Houshi…he promised not to…” Sango moaned.

“Miroku…promised what?”

“He would…” Sango took a deep breath. “To suck InuYasha in, if he broke.”

“The air whip?” Sesshomaru asked.

Sango nodded. Kagome put her hand on her forehead, and moved Sango’s bangs.

“We haven’t found Miroku…yet.” Kagome whispered.

“Houshi…” Sango closed her eyes as the nightmare came flashing back. But what scared her the most, was that flash, what if even if Miroku would try the kazaana, it wouldn’t work? Sango knew Inuhidoi’s poison and what effect it had on the body, if Miroku sucked him in, would he die?

Sango closed her eyes and let the miko comfort her external wounds. The internal wounds deep in Sango’s head could not be reached by Kagome, Sesshomaru, or InuYasha. Only Miroku can help her, Sango took Kagome’s hand in hers. She prayed houshi was in a better condition then she was. Sango started to shape all the adventures together, and only to find out that this internal wound could only be fixed by one and only person, Miroku’s love.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment