Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 39 - Together

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 39 - Together

Chapter 39 - Together
Miroku woke up to a soft hand rubbing his forehead with a cold cloth. Miroku opened his eyes to see a young village women, and Sango, who sat right next to her.

“Sango!” Miroku tried to sit up, but felt a wave of nausea sweep over him, and he lay back down, coughing.

“Houshi…I’m right here.” Sango said. She grasped his open palm and bent down and kissed him on the cheek. “Don’t move too much.”

Miroku realized one of her arms was in a white cloth, apparently her arm and been seriously injured. Miroku also saw Kagome over sitting next to Kouga; he seemed to be drifting in and out of consciousness. Sesshomaru stood off to the right, Jaken asleep on his tail, and a young Rin clinging to Kagome’s arm. Kirara came up and purred, her soft fur touching his injured arm, it sent warmth and pain at the same time, it took all of Miroku’s strength not to let out a whine.

“Were missing Kouga’s pack and Shippo.” Kagome finally broke the silence. She stared at Kouga in worry, as she moved his black bangs and let out a sniff. Miroku looked back at Sango.

“InuYasha…?”

Sango shook her head. “No, houshi, he’s not here.”

“Miroku-sama, I felt the presence of Sesshomaru-sama nearby and led them to this village, most everyone is in bad shape.” Myoga sighed. He was resting on the young women’s shoulder.

“Your welcome here.” The young villager said. She looked at Sango. “Do you wish me to leave?”

“If you wish.” Sango sighed. The women nodded and placed the bucket of water near Sango and left the hut. “Houshi, please reconsider your promise.”

Miroku blinked at looked at Sango. “Why my dear?”

“I had a dream, you were sucking InuYasha in, and there was a violent light, and then Sesshomaru woke me up.” Sango put a hand over her face and a few tears slid down her face.

“Sango, Sango.” Miroku put his cursed hand on her cheek, and wiped the tears from her lovely face. “I won’t if InuYasha…”

“No! Don’t do it at all!” Sango yelled. She buried her head in his shoulder and cried. “I fear for you.”

Sesshomaru glared in their direction but said nothing. Kagome looked at Kouga and sighed.

“Sango, why has this happened to us?” Miroku realized his question was more directed towards everyone, but he couldn’t resist adding the youkai exterminators name in, the name brought harmony to his painful wounds.

“I’m afraid we can do no more.” Myoga shook his head.

“What!?” Kagome gasped. Her injuries were mostly all healed except for a long clawed scratch on one of her arms and some minor burns. Apparently Kouga had taken the major blow in order to protect the miko.

“We can.” Sesshomaru glared. “Is it not the night tonight that this Sesshomaru’s otouto turns human?”

“Do…you honestly…think…that mutt is going…to turn human…tonight?” Kouga choked. Miroku had to agree with the wolf, InuYasha was in no form or fashion going to able to turn human in the way he was shaped now.

Sango looked at Miroku and then at Sesshomaru. “It’s our best shot.”

“The only way to vanquish Inuhidoi is with Tessaiga, the Inu Soul.” Myoga plainly put.

“How, none of us can wield the Tessaiga in its true form.” Kagome said.

“And InuYasha was attacked when he tried.” Miroku gasped. “There must be another way.”

“There is, but no one will like the idea.” Myoga said.

“How?” Sango asked.

“InuYasha-sama will have to break, and then you have Inuhidoi’s physical body to fight, you know his weakness.” Myoga mumbled.

“No, there is another way.” Kagome glared. “Nothing that involves InuYasha breaking.”

“Then there is only way, Kagome-sama, I’m sorry.” Myoga sighed.

“My Lord will wield it.” Jaken mumbled.

“Jaken, this Sesshomaru will not hear that from you.” Sesshomaru glared at his weak servant.

“We should all heal as fast as we can first.” Sango said. “None of us are in any condition to fight.”

“What about Shippo?” Miroku asked.

“Shippo…?” Sango put a hand over her mouth.

“And…my…pack?” Kouga moaned.

“Kouga…” Kagome went over to the wolf and laid him back against the wall. “Please don’t move too much, your legs are in no condition.”

“Damn…mutt.” Kouga cursed, but closed his yes and his breathing became heavy, indicating he had fallen asleep.

Miroku looked back at Sango, her face was pale and all the color had been drained. The beautiful Sango he saw was breaking herself, for all the injuries, the pain, and more of all the separation. Miroku had been separated from her for to long.

“Sango…” Miroku moved his hand and palmed it over her only good hand. Sango smiled at him only briefly.

“Promise me houshi; please…leave your kazaana closed.”

“I…” Miroku sighed. “I promise.”

Miroku saw the tears fall from her face and she lay next to him, hugging his slightly to avoid hurting him. Miroku wanted anything but sadness; he wanted her to laugh, to enjoy life again. All this misery was being sucked into all of them so fast, it had only taken InuYasha to become so powerful, so menacing, and so sad, to bring them all together.

“Miroku-sama?” Myoga asked.

“Yes, Myoga-chan?”

“I must tell you, Inuhidoi will not stop until InuYasha breaks.” Myoga said. “In other words, he will find us and try to take our lives to prevent InuYasha-sama from feeling any speck of hope.”

“Myoga-chan, is there anything we can do?” Miroku asked.

“We have to only hope InuYasha-sama can wield Tessaiga, and use the Inu Soul.” Myoga sighed.

“Myoga, is that all we can hope for?” Kagome asked.

Sango and Sesshomaru were staring at the small flea for an answer.

“There is a catch though…” Myoga gulped.

“What catch?” Sesshomaru glared.

“InuYasha-sama must be in a youkai form to wield the Inu Soul.”



_~~~~~~~_



Miroku woke up next to Sango. Already he could feel his burns becoming less painful and irritating. Miroku rolled over and grabbed his staff, using it to upright his position and finally getting to his feet. Judging by how eerie it felt walking, Miroku figured he had been out for quite some time.

Walking out of the hut, Miroku saw Sesshomaru staring at the smoking wreckage left by the unusual blast left behind by Inuhidoi. Miroku walked up next to the Youkai Lord and stared.

“Even though its day, it still feels like the night.” Miroku said.

“Houshi, is there something you want from this Sesshomaru?”

“No, I just needed some fresh air.” Miroku answered.

Sesshomaru made no reply; he stared silently at the darkening sky from the smoke.

Miroku heard a noise behind him and Sango and Kagome emerged. Sango was holding onto Kirara’s soft back, and Kagome limped lightly in one of her legs.

“Sango.” Miroku smiled.

“Houshi, I’m glad to see you walking.” Sango said.

“I am too.” Miroku sighed. “How is Kouga, Kagome?”

“He’s asleep; his legs were in pretty bad shape.” Kagome mumbled.

“Houshi, do you think Shippo and Kouga’s pack are alright?” Sango asked.

“I sure hope so.” Miroku gulped. “InuYasha may hate Shippo once in a while, but he would never want to kill the young fox.”

“This Sesshomaru sees no purpose of your worrying.” Sesshomaru glared.

“Sesshomaru, do you really not care?” Kagome asked the Youkai Lord.

Sesshomaru said nothing, despite the Youkai Lord’s best efforts, Miroku knew he was trying to hide all sympathy.

“Houshi, I feel a youki coming towards us.” Sango said. Kirara growled and Kagome managed to pull her bow and arrow, the villagers kindly offered, and hitched up an arrow.

“Is that you InuYasha?” Kagome quivered. The village stirred and some people disappeared into their huts.

“We better make sure no one else is in the crossfire.” Miroku glared.

“Wait.” Sesshomaru glared. “That youki is of a small kitsune.”

“Shippo?” Sango gasped. Kagome lowered her bow.

“Damn, it’s about time.” Miroku heard a voice say. He turned around to see Kouga cling to the door frame for dear life. “Ginta and Hakkaku are always slow.”

“There alright!” Kagome said, excitedly. Miroku blinked as he saw Kouga’s pack first emerge from the woods, panting.

“We…came…as…fast…as we could.” Ginta panted.

“InuYasha’s…sword is…” Hakkaku stared when Shippo came bounding from the woods, his little tail bobbing behind him. What came from behind the young fox, almost made Miroku fall to the ground. Tessaiga, unmanned, and floating, in its true form.

No one said anything, all eyes were on the floating fang.

“Uhhhh…what?” Kouga made a gurgling noise when he asked.

“Tessaiga…?” Sesshomaru walked over to the floating fang. He put a clawed hand on the edge and it jerked away, almost like it had a mind of its own.

“How is that possible?” Sango gasped.

“Truthfully, it is Sango-sama.” Myoga perked up, he had been laying ion Miroku’s shoulder. “If InuYasha-sama’s soul is truly connected with Tessaiga, he can control it at his heart desire.”

“Like mutt’s soul is that strong anymore.” Kouga huffed.

“He is!” Shippo perked up. “I felt him running along side me, he was more determined then ever!”

“Shippo…” Kagome started.

“It’s true!” Shippo yelped. “InuYasha needs our help, I hate him this way!” The young fox youkai burst into tears and fell at Kagome’s feet.

“Shhh…don’t worry Shippo.” Kagome cooed softly. She knelt down and took the young youkai in her arms.

“Flea.” Sesshomaru growled.

“Yes, Sesshomaru-sama?”

“If otouto can wiled Tessaiga in such a fashion…” Sesshomaru stopped. “Will he be able to wield the Inu Soul?”

“Ummm…maybe.” Myoga said. “Though I do believe it has to be in his hands.”

“Myoga, this is our only chance.” Kagome said.

“Then we shall proceed from here, at nightfall we will go find him.” Miroku glared.

“I do not believe he needs finding.” Sesshomaru glared. “He’s coming this way.”

Miroku felt a hand come his shoulder and felt it pinch his skin.

“Houshi…Miroku, remember, you promised me.” Sango whispered in his ear.

"That I did Sango.” Miroku turned around to face his future wife. He leaned down and kissed her, ignoring the others around them, her tongue touched his and his cursed hand grabbed her only good hand. “I love you Sango.”

“I love you too…Miroku.”

Kagome stared at them but made no comment. She looked back at the hills, and fidgeted. “Sesshomaru?”

“Miko?”

“Are you going…to kill him?” Kagome whimpered.

“As a last resort.” Kouga interrupted. “If this sword trick works, there will be no need.” He came up behind Kagome, limping, and gave Kagome a gentle squeeze. “We’ll bring that stubborn hanyou back, tell you truth I miss his rants.”

It was the first time Miroku felt a smile come on his face after all this had started. Sango pulled away and removed the slang on her arm.

“Sango, don’t you need that?” Miroku asked.

“No, I need two arms to throw Hiraikotsu.” Sango gave him a smile and hopped on Kirara. “We all need our strengths.”

“Kouga, will you be able to…?” Kagome asked the wolf youkai.

“Kagome…I know you love mutt, I’ve always seen it, for you I’ll bring him back.” Kouga gave a smile and gave her a small kiss on the forehead.

“Kouga…” Kagome rolled her eyes.

“The night is arriving.” Sesshomaru eyes pierced the sky. “The moonless night otouto, for once, this Sesshomaru truly believes you wish you were human.”

The sun began to peel from the sky, and the moonless night began to emerge. Miroku readied his sutras and staff. Sango hopped on Kirara, her Hiraikotsu and sword at her side. Kagome leveled her newly given arrows. Kouga stood up straighter and kicked some dirt as the Shikon no Tama shards began the faster healing process in his legs. Shippo jumped on Kagome’s shoulder, for once the young fox was ready to fight, he glared in the direction of the woods, a fierce determination in his eye. Sesshomaru had pulled out Tensegia, Tessaiga floated next to the Youkai Lord. Jaken came from the hut, his Staff of Two heads ready for battle. Rin and Ah-Un headed the opposite direction, leading the villagers to safety.

“Miroku?” Sango said.

Miroku nodded. Kagome looked up, as the youki of Inuhidoi became stronger.

“InuYasha…” Kagome said. “The night of your mortality, don’t think of it as your weakness, this is your biggest strength, let it bring those emotions and use them. It is what Inuhidoi will never know, is human emotions.”

As the night sky darkened, the darkest night of the month, was upon them, it was going to be the bloodiest night Miroku knew, of his life.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment