Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 42 - Epilogue

A very old curse that is passed down through the Inu family, attacks InuYasha. Now Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Sesshomaru must team up to fight a enemy that was even more powerful then Inu no Taishou himself, in order to save InuYasha''''s soul.

Chapter 42 - Epilogue

Chapter 42 - Epilogue
Kagome looked in the mirror; it had been nearly thirty-five days since she last saw the blue sky of the Feudal Era. She combed her wet hair and flicked it over her shoulder, pulling the towel tighter around her chest.

The last month had been such a drag, and with such worries. Kagome could barley focus in class, and even though all seemed worse, she finally had passed one of her exams.

Kagome remembered her three friends talking to her excitedly when they noticed the scar on her mouth and the limp in her walk. Kagome explained she and InuYasha had been in car accident with InuYasha’s mother driving. She lied and said InuYasha’s mother had died in the crash and InuYasha was in despair. It was a lie, but a good cover up and it really made a good impression of the truth.

InuYasha had been in despair, his mother had died, yet over hundred years ago, but by his own hand. Her injuries were caused by the one bring the despair, the car in her tale represented only Inuhidoi, as evil and worthless being he was.

Hojo kindly had offered to take her to the movies to get her mind off InuYasha, and enjoy what she had. Kagome had said no at first, but with nothing else to do but worry, she took the invitation.

During the movie though, her thoughts always trailed back to her hanyou. The movie last scene was of a women and a man, kissing in what was a happy ending. Kagome pulled her arms tighter around her body as she sat in the theater; she looked at the woman and replaced her in the screen, and the man with long silver hair, and two dog ears upright on his head. It was them; kissing for a happy ending that Kagome was seeing as uncertain.

And now, standing in front of the mirror, Kagome examined the long scar running down her cheek ending at her upper lip. The makeup can hide its physical appearance all it wants, but it can not hide the truth behind the scar.

Kagome felt a small tear run down her face, the first since she came from the well. Wiping her face, she looked at the calendar that had been hanging on the wall, thirty-five days each had a red ‘X’.

“Thirty-five days.” Kagome said to herself. To long she had waited for the miracle that Myoga words had brought. Would he be right, or would she come face to face with a hanyou trapped in a body he claimed a nightmare?

Kagome pulled the towel around her tighter, feeling the unwavering tears stream down her face, it had been to long, she wanted to see him, for what ever his appearance may be.

She walked over to her bed and wept, feeling Buyo against her legs.

“Oh Buyo.” Kagome cried, she picked up the cat and squeezed him, pulling her face to the base of Buyo’s neck. “It all might fault.”

Buyo only mewed in response, and Kagome released him burying her face in the pillow as the wet towel fell from her body. Sniffling, Kagome thought of the happy times of when InuYasha jumped up and saved her, or for the time they were holding hands walking away from an incident with Kouga. It was those times; Kagome thought that made her smile.

“Kagome?” A small knock came from the door.

“Yip!” Kagome grabbed her towel and pulled it over her body, just as her mother entered the room.

“Oh sorry dear, I didn’t…”

“It’s okay, I was about to get dressed.” Kagome sighed as she rubbed the tears from her cheeks. Her mother smiled and squeezed through the door with a small box in her hands. “What’s that mama?”

“You’ve not called me that in so long.” Her mother smiled and put down the box, coming over she wrapped an arm around her daughters shoulder. “It reminds me of how much you’ve grown.”

“I don’t know.” Kagome said.

“Dear, don’t be so hard on yourself, I know it will be hard tomorrow, but don’t think the worst, think what the best outcome will be and go see it through. If it is what you fear, don’t make it any worse then it is, make InuYasha feel like he belongs with you, even if he is something completely different.”

“I know…” Kagome sighed.

“I just want to let you know, I love you sweetie, and what ever happens on the other side, I now you can handle.” Her mother smiled.

“Well, I better get dressed.” Kagome sighed and reached for her pajamas.

“Dear, tomorrow, I would like you to wear this.” Her mother went over and opened the box she had brought in. “It was my jii-chan’s gift to my mother.”

Kagome blinked as she saw a beautiful red tight dress, the outlying was gold, and something white was dotted all around. Kagome put her hand over her mouth trying not to laugh what the little white specks were; they were all little white puppies.

“Mom, it’s…beautiful.” Kagome gasped.

“My jii-chan got it from China, the Year of the Dog. He went visiting and got this from there, and decided to bring the culture back.” She smiled and put the lid of the box back on. “I would love to know how InuYasha would like it.”

“I think…he would love it…mama.” Kagome smiled and hugged her mother.

“You better sleep dear, tomorrow is a big day, I wouldn’t want you sleepy all the way back five hundred years.”

“Thank you mom, thank you for everything.”



_~~~~~~~_



Kagome looked down the Bone Eater’s well. Her hands gripped the sides with such tension; she surly thought her hands were going to start bleeding. Taking a deep breathe, she closed her eyes and pictured her hanyou and made the leap to her fate.

The pink light evolved around her as she touched lightly on the dirt ground of the well, looking up the well house gone, and instead a blue sky as beautiful as a sprinkling waterfall.

Kagome adjusted her new dress, and tugged at the collar, since it was rather tight. Hoisting the yellow backpack over her back, she climbed the roots and managed to get out; collapsing on how much energy it had taken to get a weight of a ton on her back and a tight dress.

Standing up, Kagome brushed off the grass on her dress, and looked in the direction of Keade’s village. Smoke was coming from some of the huts, which always proved to be a good sign.

Just as Kagome started to go towards the village, a low scurrying could be heard, and the next thing Kagome felt on her was a small fox youkai.

“Shippo!” Kagome teased.

“Kagome, I missed you so much!” Shippo cried and hugged her.

“Shippo…I can’t breathe!” Kagome huffed.

“Sorry.” The young fox got of her neck and rested on her shoulder.

“Kagome!” Kagome turned to see Sango and Miroku approaching, Sango in a light jog with Kirara at her heels. “Your back!”

“I am.” Kagome smiled as she fell into an embrace with her exterminator friend’s arms.

“That’s a nice dress, Kagome.” Miroku nodded. “It looks like something that came from the continent.”

“It did, but it came from a country called China.” Kagome smiled at the houshi.

“China?” Miroku shot an eyebrow up.

“Yea…don’t ask.” Kagome gave a shy smile. Her eyes scanned the terrain for any sign of a flash of red, but none came. “Ummm…wheres…?”

“Kagome, follow me.” Sango gave a smile, interrupting her known question. The exterminator took the miko’s hand a led her forward.

“Sango…” Kagome sighed.

“Let me get the bag Kagome.” Miroku offered, taking her yellow backpack off her shoulder. Kagome blinked, why were they all being so nice? Kagome felt a shiver go through her; will it mean they are just trying to make her happy for what she fears?

“frack! Damn it all to hell!”

Kagome froze, that voice was familiar, too familiar.

“Dear, you need to be careful for splinters such as that.” Kagome heard the old Keade sigh. Looking up on the hill, she saw someone hopping on one foot grabbing a piece of wood from his heel.

“Thanks for the damn warning old hag!”

“Dear me…” Keade sighed.

“InuYasha…?” Kagome gasped.

The figure turned and froze. He came around out of the shadow of the hut and in full blown view. Kagome felt the tears run down her face of what she was seeing. Her hanyou, two dog ears on his head, his golden eyes, his soft silver hair, in his familiar fire rat, Tessaiga at side, and with two peach cheeks, no stripes and his fangs were gone, out of view, InuYasha was normal, just as Myoga had said.

“InuYasha!”

“Kagome…?”

Kagome ran as fast as she could in her sandals and grabbed the hanyou around the waist and kissed him, right in front of everyone. She didn’t care, her hanyou was back, he was normal, and he was free.

“Uhhh…” InuYasha pulled back, flatting his ears. “What are you doing?”

“I’m…are you not happy to see me?” Kagome questioned.

“I…I just, I thought…” InuYasha couldn’t say anything.

“I thought I lost you.” Kagome whispered.

“I…”

Kagome put a finger to his lips, and looked at him, and leaned in and kissed him, this time with a slow rhythm. She felt his tongue match hers and twist in her mouth; she felt his hands come up and grasp the side of her hips, touching the tight China dress.

“I thought…I lost you too.” InuYasha whispered.

“InuYasha, awhile ago you asked me the question…do you love me, and now I would like to ask the same, do you love me InuYasha?” Kagome looked at him dead in the eye.

“I…” InuYasha stuttered.

“A yes or a no would be all I need to hear.” Kagome knew she was being rather harsh, but she wanted the truth and not a broken soul, she wanted to bring him closer, and by that she needed him to open his heart more.

“I…” InuYasha looked down. “I…yes.” It was barley a whisper but Kagome heard it and nuzzled her head under his chin.

“I love you too InuYasha.”

She closed her eyes feeling his warm familiar body and not the one she left a month ago, she moved her hands around his back when he jostled in pain, hissing.

“Sorry.” Kagome said and jerked back.

“Not your fault, those wings left a open wound and its taking a hell of a time to heal., probably going to leave a nasty scar.” InuYasha rubbed his back.

“What happened to them?” Kagome shut her mouth, wishing that question hadn’t been asked.

“You really want to know?” InuYasha questioned.

“No.” Kagome said quickly. Sighing, she took his clawed hand and moved it to her scar, “And this, is not there either.”

“I barley see it.” InuYasha said.

“Its not there, and never will be.” Kagome said and pushed her feet up and took his lips once more. InuYasha took his hand and felt through her hair, feeling every strand that passed through his fingers.

“Are you two going to come or are you going to make it a show for us?” Kagome froze, hearing the lecherous houshi ask.

“HOUSHI!” Kagome turned just in time to see Sango hitting Miroku on the head with the Hiraikotsu. “You really had to spoil it for them didn’t you!?”

“Actually, we’re done.” InuYasha smirked. “”Kagome you want to go on my back?”

“Of course, wait I’m fighting in this?” Kagome realized in horror.

“I think it looks good on you.” InuYasha smiled. “I do wonder, why dogs?”

“Because they represent you, and only you.” Kagome whispered in his triangular ear, rubbing it between her fingers. It flicked in irritation an then his face turned up to hers, and their lips met once more.

“I see Naraku will have to wait.” Shippo groaned.

“Were coming!” InuYasha snapped and he jumped ahead just as Kirara took after him, with Miroku, Sango, and Shippo clinging to her back, as they headed for the next adventure that awaited and back to their original goal, to find more Shikon no Tama shards.


_~~~~~~~_
THE END
_~~~~~~~_

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment