Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - That's What Friends Are For

"You're warm." He said. "But why are you cold?" She asked.

Chapter 5 - That's What Friends Are For

Chapter 5 - That's What Friends Are For
Tohru wiped the sweat that formed on her eyebrows. Momji was sprawled on the ground, and Kisa was propping herself on Hiro’s shoulder. Yuki was breathing heavily, and Kyo was leaning on a tree.
“Wow I sure did get my exercise today!” Tohru punched the air, but started to sway. Yuki and Kyo’s eyes grew slightly wide as Tohru swayed all the way to one side. Kyo stood up straight, fearing the worse. He was right. Tohru collapsed to the ground, her face red as a cherry. Hiro and Kisa both ran over to Tohru, and Momji jumped up from his place, worry written all over his face. Kisa sat on her knees and put Tohru’s head in her lap.
“Is Onee-chan going to be alright?” Kisa asked in her usual soft voice. Hiro placed his hand softly on Kisa’s shoulder, smiling reassuringly.
“Knowing Tohru she’ll be fine.” He answered. Kyo sighed and sat down beside Tohru and Kisa. Yuki looked around and saw a dark shadow looking at them. ‘Akito,’ Yuki thought as he watched Akito slip back into his dark room, but something caught his eye. Something or someone rounded the corner making sure not to be seen. Long, brown hair disappeared around the corner, following the swift figure and Yuki glanced at Tohru. ‘For a second I thought that was Tohru. I must be seeing things.’ He nodded to himself, but he wasn’t for sure with his conscience.
“Hey you stupid rat, we need to get Tohru home!” Kyo shouted agitated that Yuki had been ignoring his calls. Yuki had a vein pop out of his head, and he scowled.
“I know that you stupid cat. I was just distracted ok.” He picked up Tohru bridal style, and began to walk. Kyo just nodded towards the three children, and rushed to Yuki’s side.
“Momji-chan,” Kisa asked softly.
“Yes Kisa!” He shouted, jumping beside her.
“Do you think Yuki-san knows about her?” Hiro and Momji glanced at each other and at the retreating backs of Yuki and Kyo.
“No, and they shouldn’t find out.” An awkward silence filled the air, as the bright sun began to sink beyond the horizon.
“Good bye.” Kisa said breaking the silence and walked out of the gates. She kept her head down as she walked, pulling her sleeves down over her hands.
“They need to know, it just won’t be safe if Tohru-onee-chan doesn’t know.” She told herself, feeling sleep come over her. She continued to walk home in despair. ‘I will, and must tell them tomorrow even if Akito-san does get mad at me.’

Tohru groaned as she turned over on her stomach. Her rag fell off her forehead and hit her pillow. She heard a chuckle from the corner of the room, and she jumped up, getting into a fighting stance.
“Whoa, it’s just me Jackie Chan.” Kyo threw his hands up in a defensive style, and smiled. Tohru sighed and sat back down on her bed.
“Good, I thought some strange person picked me up and gagged me without realizing it, stuck me in a van and took me home like a stray dog.” Kyo sweat dropped and stood up.
“Trust me I don’t think anyone in their right mind take someone with an imagination like that.” Kyo patted Tohru’s head, and he began walking towards the door.
“Kyo…” Tohru’s soft voice, made Kyo stop before he twisted the doorknob.
“Thanking you for watching over me.” She smiled a small smile as Kyo turned to face her.
“That’s what friends are for.” Kyo said half-heartedly and exited Tohru’s room, a frown plastered on Kyo’s face. Tohru frowned as Kyo shut the door, and silenced filled the room.
“That’s what friends are for.” She repeated in a whisper, lying down, and instantly fell asleep.


Gomen!!! For such a long wait and the shortness of this chapter, trust me I feel like crawling in a hole dying right now. Well even though you might despise the shortness, reviews and suggestions. Thank you!!!
-Sitama-

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment