Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Unexpected

"You're warm." He said. "But why are you cold?" She asked.

Chapter 9 - Unexpected

Chapter 9 - Unexpected
Oh my god. I’m so sorry for not updating in forever! So much has happened. My boyfriend broke up with me and I’ve been too depressed to type. BUT! Now I am back and here to entertain once more. Hope you enjoy Chapter 9.


Akito paced slowly back and forth in her dark room. Tori sat on her knees waiting for Akito to speak. She felt the tension in the room grow when she told Akito that Kyo and Yuki were with Tohru this afternoon, taking her to work.
“What is it about that girl? She is nothing special, just some stupid girl.” Akito mumbled to herself. Tori nodded agreement in fear of being struck across the face for not agreeing with Akito-san. Akito came to a slow stop and took a deep breath.

“You’re a professional at killing Tori. You are one of the best assassins that I know of. I would get Hatori to erase her mind, but he simply won’t do it because he has also grown attached to that stupid wench. She can’t stop this.”
“Stop what Akito-san?” Tori asked quietly. Akito snapped her head up in Tori’s direction, realizing she almost let a stranger in on the family curse.
“N-nothing at all, just report back to me whenever you find out something or kill her. Leave now.” Akito demanded, walking to her window, her kimono dragging behind her.

Tori stood up and walked to the door. She glanced over her shoulder and frowned when she saw Akito leaning over the window sill. ‘I wonder why this girl is so important to kill. She isn’t a threat to anyone but Akito-san…’ Her mind wandered as she left the Sohma’s main house. She pulled the collar of her tan jacket up to cover her neck from the suddenly cold wind. She had dropped her yellow ball somewhere after the incident with the two Sohma’s and she was eager to find it. It was the only thing of her dead brother that she had and her first priority was to find it. Not doing what she was hired to do. Not killing Honda, Tohru.

Tohru spaced out once again while she was attempting to clean the windows.
“Tohru-chan?” Momji asked as he was walking by. She didn’t look at him and he stepped in front of her. “Tohru-chan, HELLO?! You in there?” The blonde German-Japanese boy asked once again. Tohru’s brown eyes refocused and she started apologizing to Momji.
“Oh I’m so sorry! I-I don’t know why I spaced out. Uh, I’m sorry.” She was babbling with a red face. Momji chuckled.
“It’s ok Tohru-chan!” He wrapped his arms around her and laughed. Tohru calmed down and hugged him back. The bracelet really did come in handy in situations like this.
“Do you have anyone to walk you home this evening Tohru-chan?” Momji asked picking up a bottle of window cleaner and handing it to Tohru. Tohru took it and pondered the question.
“I believe Kyo said he was going to wa—”
“He likes you, you know?” Momji interrupted, smiling his dorky smile. Tohru’s mouth hung open from her unsaid words and she shook her head.
“I don’t think so Momji. Kyo doesn’t seem to be a kind of person who would like a person like me.” Tohru mumbled with a heavy heart. She had become quiet attached to Kyo, she admitted to herself.
“Everyone likes you Tohru-chan! Most of us love you!” Momji gleamed and Tohru’s saddened expression turned into a small smile.
“Thank you Momji, but I don’t think he’s one of them.” She chuckled as Momji hung on to her arm again.
“Whatever you say, I believe you should ask him. Have a nice night Tohru-chan! See you at school.” With that said Momji skipped down the hall, leaving a dumbfound Tohru standing with the cleaning materials in her hands.

Two more hours went by and Tohru lifted the heavy trash bag and heaved it into the dumpster. She sighed heavily and removed her rubber gloves. She glanced around seeing city was glowing in it’s usually way. She swiftly went back inside and grabbed her book bag. She bent over to pick up a fallen pencil. She felt the pain from the bruise on her stomach run through her body. She bit her lip in pain and quickly straightened. She remembered the angry look on Kyo’s face when he charged that girl, after she had hit her.
“I wonder if Momji is right.” Tohru told herself, walking out into the chilly air. She smiled as her eyes fell upon Kyo, who was leaning against the railing.

Kyo’s POV

I heard the hotel’s doors open and close. I brought my head up. I saw Tohru standing in the low light. Her smile made me feel queasy, which I don’t know why I felt like that. It’s just Tohru. I see her every frigging day, live with her, go to school with her, laugh with her, been through some major life changing stuff with her. That’s all. It’s just Tohru, who happens to be walking up to me, grinning.
“Hello Kyo-kun.” Her face was flushed as from what I could see, and I noticed her hand was wrapped around her stomach.
“Hey.” I said in my usual tone. That little smile that I’m used to seeing seemed different tonight. I took notice of her hand again and growled.
“Are you hurting?” I asked, ready to kick that girl’s @$$ that hurt Tohru in the first place.
“No, I’m fine Kyo-kun.” She said and I sighed. She was probably just hiding it, she does that often. Like that time we were supposed to go to the New Year’s party, and the stupid rat and I didn’t want to go. She convinced us to go, with that smile of hers. If we didn’t go back after what Hana said to us, we would have left her home crying and alone. I’m glad we skipped that party. I started drifting in my own memories and realized Tohru was talking.
“Hm?” I asked and she blushed and looked away.
“Why are you holding my hand?” She asked quietly and I looked down and sure enough I was holding it.
“Oh uhm,” I retracted it and mentally kicked myself. “Sorry.” I mumbled feeling like an idiot. I guess it was subconscious or something. She looked back at me and my heart skipped a beat. That doesn’t happen very often I tell you.

“It’s alright.” She looked at her feet, as we walked quietly home. After a few minutes of silence I heard Tohru sigh.
“You ok?” I asked. She looked at me and smiled. I took that as a “yes”.
“Kyo-kun, may I ask you something?” She asked. I nodded in response.
“Have you ever liked anyone?” And I was thrown completely off by the question, that I stopped walking.
“W-what brought that up?” I asked avoiding the question.
“Have you?” She asked, not letting me change the subject. She’s sneaky like that sometimes.
“Y-yes.” Did I seriously just stutter? She looked at me and smiled.
“Who?” She asked. Why the hell does she want to know? Momji…that little brat said something to her.
“Not saying.” I said stubbornly and started to walk quickly. Tohru caught up with me and she jumped in front of me. This was getting a little weird. Even for Tohru Honda.
“I want to know. I won’t judge.” She said that grin of hers growing. I shook my head and she stepped closer to me. She’s wearing lip gloss. When did she start wearing that? I blinked and sighed. I look at her face way too often. Great, I’m a freak now.
“Come on Kyo-kun.” She pouted and my knees were about to give way.
“I don’t want her to know. She might find it awkward.” I said and she stuck her bottom lip further. I was trying to avoid this as best as I could. Not really working to my advantage.
“I won’t tell.” She said, placing on finger over her glossed lips. I shook my head no.
“Stop being a little girl Tohru.” I didn’t mean for it to sound so harsh and I hit myself mentally again. Her pouting face changed into a sad look. She turned and began to walk away, but then I did something unexpected. I grabbed her wrist, spun her around, and…

CLIFFY! =DD

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment