Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Light Blue with a Ruby Glow

Well here is the sequel to "Gone like the Petals of a Cherry Blossom"! Sakura has left to find her father''s killer. What will Sasuke and Naruto and the others do?

Chapter 2 - Light Blue with a Ruby Glow

Chapter 2 - Light Blue with a Ruby Glow
I woke up, blinked the sleep out of my eyes and found that my face was plastered against my floor. I sat up, my room spinning for a second before everything stopped. My hand was gripping the bottle of liquor I was drinking earlier and it was empty. I slowly stood and stumbled over to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and I groaned. I looked like shoot and I have a meeting with Gaara and Tsunade today. They had found out I told Naruto so I was probably in some sort of trouble.

I looked down at the bottle in my hand wondering how I even had it. I walked out of my bathroom slowly and made a mental note to clean up the glass, scattered on my floor. I tossed the empty bottle in my trash bin, making my way to the kitchen. I had to barf and my head was pounding. I leaned over the counter, my face almost in the sink and I threw up the small lunch from yesterday and the liquor. The really gross liquor. I turned on the water and let it run for a while. I stared out the small window. It was cloudy again, the sun not in sight. It's been a really depressing two weeks. I thought I felt the sensation to puke again and I leaned over into the sink. I could smell the liquor on my breath and I was disgusted with myself, but…I was also scared. I moved to the refrigerator and picked out a small tomato. It wasn't going to help, but I was hungry. I munched on my favorite food, the wind howling loudly outside, making the quiet not so bad. I glanced at my clock and the time was four o'clock in the morning. I groaned and fell against the fridge.

The stars lean down to kiss you
And I lie awake and miss you
Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere
Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly
But I'll miss your arms around me
I'd send a postcard to you, dear
Cause I wish you were here

I'll watch the night turn light blue
But it's not the same without you
Because it takes two to whisper quietly
The silence isn't so bad
Till I look at my hands and feel sad
Cause the spaces between my fingers
Are right where yours fit perfectly

I'll find repose in new ways
Though I haven't slept in two days
Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone
But drenched in vanilla twilight
I'll sit on the front porch all night
Waist deep in thought because when
I think of you I don't feel so alone

I don't feel so alone
I don't feel so alone

As many times as I blink
I'll think of you tonight
(Tonight, tonight, tonight...)

I'll think of you tonight

When violet eyes get brighter
And heavy wings grow lighter
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again
And I'll forget the world that I knew
But I swear I won't forget you
Oh if my voice could reach back through the past
I'd whisper in your ear:
"Oh darling I wish you were here"



I felt the cold wetness on my cheek and I growled. I was always crying. Guys don't cry! Ok that was a lie. I'm crying right now. I whacked myself in the face and felt my head pound. That was an idiotic move. I strode over to my couch, unfinished tomato on the counter, and dozed off again.

A loud banging at my door caused me to jump up and moan from the pain in my head. I unlocked and opened my door, seeing Naruto standing before me.

"Whoa man. You alright? You look horrible." I laughed at his facial expression and then gripped my head from the laughing. "It's three in the afternoon and Tsunade is pissed off that you missed your meeting time, so she gave the mission to me and Hinata." I leaned against the door and sighed.

"Well damn. What's the mission?" I asked and Naruto bit his lip. I straightened.

"Naruto what is your mission?" I repeated and he took a step backwards. "Hinata and I have to follow Sakura for safety precautions. Sakura sent Tsunade a letter yesterday and informed her that she was being followed by enemy ninja, but they had no connection with the man that murdered her father. Sakura requested you and me to go…but you didn't show so Tsunade assigned Hinata to go with me and it's a two man cell mission." His voice lowered in loudness with every word he spoke. I stood there in disbelief. I looked at my feet and slammed my hand against the doorframe.

"frack!" I shouted and shut the door really really hard. I had screwed up. I picked up one of my couch pillows and tossed it as hard as I could towards my expensive shoot sitting on my family's alter. My family's things fell over and one broke into two big pieces. I shouted in anger again and punched the wall. I ignored the throbbing pain in my fist, stomping into my bathroom and slamming the door.

"Two man cell mission my @$$." I mumbled to my reflection and I pounded the mirror with my open palm. "I have to go…" I told myself and I took off my shirt, starting the shower. I was trying to ignoring the horrible feeling in my stomach and head, so I undressed. I slipped into the shower and I felt weak, so I sat down. My hands were shaking despite the hot water cascading over me. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the wall. The sounds of the water hitting the bottom of the tub made my anger recede slowly. I pictured Sakura grinning at me like she usually did and my cheeks warmed.

"She's…so stupid." I mumbled and I know where ever she was, she was sneezing like crazy. I opened my eyes and ran my hand through my hair and grabbed the shampoo. It was some shampoo that she had given me for…what was it? I'm not sure. I've had it a while, mostly because I was gone for two years and never used it. I guess it was her turn to be like me…ignoring the one that loves you. But she also walked out on Gaara. I'm pretty sure she loved him too. What am I saying? She just needs to get her @$$ back here or I'm going to go get her. I stood abruptly and almost slipped. I caught my balance and snagged the conditioner.

If we could sit together a moment
And talk forever just to pass the time
I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine
With your eyes are locked on mine

Oh we will fill the metro skies with country air
And when you close your tired eyes I'll meet you there
I'll meet you there

Deep inside of you there's a ruby glow
And it gets brighter then you and I will ever know
There's a rushing sound that surrounds us when we walk alone
And it's everything we've never known

Wander down the street
And I would be the pavement beneath your feet
If we could just be immobile for some time
And finally figure out the way we feel
About the missing puzzle pieces and cloudy question marks
It still looks a bit surreal

Oh I tend to disappear here and there
So concentrate and you'll feel me everywhere
And well feel the metro skies with country air
If you're lost when you close your eyes I'll meet you there

You could be anywhere
I'll meet you there
You could be anywhere
Open your eyes and see everything you can be
I'll meet you there


I blinked and realized I was already putting my clothes on. Time flies by when you're caught up in a moment doesn't it?


Yay for Owl City :D

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment