Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - Death is a gift.

a story of magic, love, a learning about life and how sometimes you are your only hope.

Chapter 23 - Death is a gift.

Chapter 23 - Death is a gift.
As the sun rose above the mountains, Fallon and the rest quietly woke up and gathered their belongings. Ready for a new day.

“ It looks like it’s going to be a great day.”, Fiona said smiling.
“ Yeah. But you no we must be a guard.”, Fynn added.
“ Cadwyn wake up. You don’t won’t us to leave you. Do you?”, Fallon said.
“ Oh. Ok. I’m awake.”, the young dragon said grumpily.
“ OK. We need to head towards Nopal.”, Fallon said recalling what Jasmine said the day before.
“ Yep. Let’s go on that trail.”, Fallon pointed to a dark trail.
“ Uh, No. Let’s go this way.”, Fiona said pointing towards a peaceful trail.
“ I have a felling looks can be deceiving here Fiona.”, Fallon persisted.
“Ok. I’ll trust you.”, Fiona said nervously.

Fallon and the gang slowly enter the dark trail. Once they got in. Noises came from all directions. But Fallon seemed happy. On the other hand Fiona looked scared stiff.

Then came a voice. Fallon searched, but found nothing.

“ Fallon.”, the voice came again.
“ What was that?”, Fallon asked frightened.
“ I don’t no.”, Fynn hugged her.
“ Fallon come.”, it yelled out once again.
“ Stop! Who are you?”, Fiona yelled in all directions.

“ Come to me.”, it crept through the forest.

Fallon eventually had no choice but to follow the voice. Cadwyn leading the way, Fallon felt a bit safer. Soon the came up to a cliff. It seemed to glow in the moonlight.

“ Look!”, Cadwyn pointed with her claw.

Fallon and Fynn looked up and saw someone standing on the edge. It was a girl. In a white wedding dress, but it seemed to be long on her. Possibly her mothers. She stared at Fallon.

“ Oh. My. Gosh! Tha..tha.. That’s me. As a child. It’s me!”, Fallon said in horror.
It indeed was Fallon. And it was her as a child. Six as a fact. She was wearing her mom’s wedding dress. Crying while looking at Fallon.
“ I must tell you something. It’s important.”, the young Fallon said.
“ What is it?”, Fallon asked nervously.
“ It’s about your mother. She’s. She’s.”, the voice said crying.
“ She’s what. Is she hurt?”, Fallon questioned.
“ She’s been murdered!!”, the voice yelled.

Fallon just fell to the ground. She couldn’t believe it. Her mom. Thoughts ran through her head. Who did it? How? Why? She didn’t know but she would find out. Fallon didn’t cry for a few minutes. She just sat there. Then came the tears.
“ WHO DID IT!”, Fallon screamed at the young girl.
“ It was Slir. He found out that you were on your way. He has an army awaiting you.”, the child explained.

Fallon suddenly stood up. Looked at the trail. And ran searching for Slir.
“ Fallon. Fallon, he’s not here. He’s at the castle. We need to be prepared. I’m sad to. But you need to calm down. If you are going to fight him. Give him a fight to remember.

“ I know. I know what we need to do. We need to concentrate on finding that griffin.”, Fynn said.
“ Yeah. Maybe everyone was right. Death is a gift.”, Fiona said.
“ What! I just found out my mother was murdered. And you think it was a gift.”, Fallon said hysterically.
“ No. Well, yeah. Death is a gift because it makes you sad. Makes you fell grief. Remember. They said the only way to touch a griffin is to make it cry. If you make it sad and cry because of your story, then we might have a chance.”, Fiona explained.
“ Yeah. Fallon she’s right.”, Cadwyn agreed.
“ Ok. It’s a plan.”, Fallon said with higher hopes.

Even though Fallon was sad. She did not cry. She needed to save those tears for a griffin. They would camp in the forest for the night. In the morning they would search for a griffin.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment