Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Dance of the Immortals: Those Who Leave prt 2

An old friend of Sam comes to visit, and strange things begin to happen. Vampires, werewolves, and ghostboys, oh my!

Chapter 3 - Dance of the Immortals: Those Who Leave prt 2

Chapter 3 - Dance of the Immortals: Those Who Leave prt 2
Episode: Dance of the Immortals
part two: Those Who Leave

friday 2:41 p.m.

Mynni looked at her agebra notes. She felt her mind spinning, already jumping seven steps ahead of the class. Mynni flipped to another page. In neat cursive was written the words: Christmas Gifts for friends. She wrote down their names, and decided to go after school, before she went to Victoria's.

Sam- Bracelets & matching earrings
Danny- Sneakers
Tucker- anti viral program for PDA
Ian- Scarf & hat
Frost- new collar
Vitoria- photoalbum of best moments together

The bell rang to tell everyone it was time to go home. Before she closed her notebook, a thought struck her. She scribbled down another name.

Terra LaGrimas- Lavender&Ivy colored candles

~~~
3:12 p. m.
"Here comes Santa Claus! Here comes Santa Claus right down Santa Claus Lane!" Mynni said happily. She stopped at Santa ringing a bell. Mynni pulled out a bill and dropped it into the red bucket. "Happy Holidays." she said.

"Merry Christmas." replied the Santa.

She smiled. And skipped the rest of the way to the mall. She saw carollers, children and parents, and last minute shoppers. Six days till Christmas, and Mynni was one of those. She noticed a bear, lying in the slushy street. "Wait mommy! I dropped Mr. Wubsikins!" said a little girl. She ran back to get her bear.

Mynni was ready to turn when she saw the car coming down the icy road. 'She'll get out of the way in time... or he'll stop... she'll be--' The sound of breaks squealing, the scream of the mother.

~~~
3:33p.m.
The little girl had no idea what happened, but the mother was crying. Tears of joy that is. Mynni had run in the street, slipped across on the ice and saved the girl.

"Mr. Wubsikins?!" The girl looked around. Mynni held up the bear by it's dry arm. "Mr. Wubiskins!"

"Vanessa! Oh my goodness! Thank you!" She hugged her daughter tight.

"Merry Christmas." said Mynni. She fished in her pocket and pulled out a green and red candy cane. "For you Vanessa."

"Oh thank you!" The mother exclaimed, too over joyed to notice Mynni already leaving.

She remembered something that her mother had said once. 'No one should be left alone on Christmas, Chica. So do your best to protect those you love, comprend'e?' Six year old Mynni nodded. 'And don't be sad if you lose someone... never be sad, because those you lose woudn't want you to be sad, would they?'

'No... that would be very painful for them, and they'd want to come back.' Mynni said thoughtfully. 'As ghosts! Oooh! Boo!'

~~~
4:51 p.m.
She wore her leather jacket with faux fur lining carrying her bags from the mall. She was already at the house when she remembered Victoria. She hit her palm against her forehead. "Darnit!" She unlocked the door and dropped the bags on the floor next to the door. Frost barked when he saw her, standing on the fence and wanting to be let out. Mynni hooked on his chain leash and brought the wolfdog with her.

~~~
5:29 p.m.
Tucker, Danny and Sam were walking home from what shopping they had left. Danny was sulking slightly, because every year his parents had the fight. Yes the fight, whether Santa is real or not. Tucker was admiring the decorations when he saw a group of girls in the park. "Hey look guys it's Mynni! Looks like she made some new friends." Before Tucker could wave her over, the lead girl in a pink coat laughed loudly. Mynni looked down at her feet. The other girls began to laugh when Mynni shouted something in the face of the lead girl.

~~~
a few moments earlier
5:14 p.m.
"Vicky! (ha ha! no, not FoP Vicky) Hey Vicky!" Mynni skated on the iced over park sidewalk to the girls. Victoria wore a neonpink coat that had fur trim on the sleeves and neck.

"Do I know you?" Victoria looked at Mynni. From her worn out skates, faded jeans and well worn leather jacket, she replied, "Dressed that bad, I hope I don't."

"Ha ha." Mynni laughed uneasily. That little remark hurt. "It's me, Jazmyn LaGrimas? We were neighbors when we were six?"

"Oh, you." Victoria pulled her hands out of her pockets and pulled off her gloves. "You want this tacky little heirloom back, right?" Victoria held up her hand for Mynni to see. "Why? Couldn't your mother come and get it herself?"

Mynni looked at her in horror. "What?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot." Victoria said with false sincererity. "Your mother's dead." She laughed loudly. "No wonder you can't afford a new coat; just hand-me-downs from your fag brother."

'What?!' Mynni's eyes weld up in tears. "What?"

"Do you still draw that crappy 'manga' stuff?" asked another girl. Victoria butted in with her laughter, saying "You know she is! Still a little kid! Not even trying to grow up! No wonder your still single!"

~~
5:29 p.m. (back to when Tuc, Sam &Dan noticed her)
"That is it!" screamed Mynni. "The timid shy little girl you knew is gone. All I wanted to say was hello, and maybe get my ring back. I was wondering how my gift was going for you. Hmm? A lot of head aches? Nose bleeds?" Mynni grabbed Victoria's hand and twisted the ring roughly off her finger, scraping off some skin. "I may be a child who doesn't grow up, but at least I didn't turn into someone who lusts for attention so much they become like a Barbie doll. That instead of being the independant artist I thought you were, you became the push over who cares what people think of her." Mynni's eyes turned red and she gave the three girls a wicked smile.

"A media whore if you will." Mynni began skating backwards. She picked up Frost's leash and headed out of the park. She gave Victoria one last look. "Bye Vicky. Merry Christmas."

~~~
7:02 p.m.
Ian sat in the kitchen drinking coffee. Frost had come home alone at 6:12 p.m., but Mynni was nowhere in sight. There was a knock on the door. Ian answered it, and it was Tucker and Sam.

"Hello, is Mynni home?" asked Tucker, a little intimidated by Ian's size. "Y-you must b-be Ian."

"It's freezing out there. Come in." Ian led the way to the kitchen and Sam locked the door. "You want anything? Coffee? Hot chocolate?"

"Hot chocolate." they said inunison, blowing into they're hands.

Frost stood up suddenly and ran to the front door. He barked and snarled and ran around in a circle twice. Ian opened the door and the dog ran outside. He jumped the fence and ran down the iced street.

"Where's he going?" asked Sam.

"To find Jazmyn." he replied. He left the door unlocked and returned to the kitchen. "She'll be joining us shortly."

"how could you just play this so coyly?" asked Tucker. "Mynni could be half frozen or- or--"

"She called me and told me about the fight." Ian said flatly. "How she screamed and yelled and cursed... and that she saw you watching her." He set the mugs on the table. "Jazmyn also told me... you were friends with the ghost boy." Before Tucker and Sam could say anything. "If she's friends with you, will Jazmyn be put in dangerous situations on a daily basis?"

They didn't know how to answer this. They had hid Danny's secret for so long, from family, and friends, but how could this new kid and her brother find out in a matter of days?!

"Uhmm... yes?" said Sam.

"Good." said Ian. He sipped his coffee, which was now luke warm. "She needs the exercise." He saw the horror on their faces. "If she doesn't get killed, Jazmyn'll be a good help."

~~~
7:12 p.m.
Danny flew over the ice covered street, Skulker shooting at him. Ecto blasters firing, damage to public property insued. "It's almost Christmas!! What about thte truece Skulker!!"

"The key word is almost, Ghost boy!" he laughed. Something shot from his arm and a chain wrapped around Danny's arm. Jolts of electricty shorted out Danny's power. The human boy lay in the snow, half concious. "You pelt will make a wonderful winter coat."

"Enteleron darkonius!" The binds shattered. Someone stood infront of Danny, wearing ice skates and a leather jacket. "What do you think you're doing ghost?"

"Step aside human!" he snarled. "This is my prize."

"Five days until Christmas. The Balancer's truece still holds." she said, her eyes glowing red.

"What do those stuck up aristocrats have to do with anything? They're line's been dead since the fall of the Ghost King." Skulker aimed his plasma cannon at her. "I'll tear you apart... molecule by molecule..."

"Rorelion jhie'a." The cannon was crushed by some unseen force. "I'll tear you apart atom by atom. Her bracelets, and necklace glowed. Her clothes changed from her winterwear to something red and black. "I'm a balancer, an last time I checked, you're breaking bilaws A12-A17. And I think the higher ups would get pissed if I didn't report you."

Skulker growled when he saw the scroll the girl had summon in her hand. It looked old, tattered and frayed slightly in the corners and sides. The script was of something he hadn't seen, possibly an original scroll from the reign of the Ghost King.

"Ancient Vampirial." she said. Skulker frowned then flew off.

"This isn't over Vampire!" he shouted.

Jazmyn looked down at Danny Fenton. He was shivering violently, and turning purple. "Lai-utsa." She put her hand out and a scythe appeared. Near the blade, and red ribbon and a small golden chain hung. Danny's eyes slowly opened. He looked at her. "V-vampire?"

"Yep." She put the scythe out, and it floated. She pulled Danny up, sat on the black wooden handle like a witch. Jazmyn held him close, his head across her chest. "Let's go drop him off at home Lai."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment