Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Invitation

My first story I've finished(but not yet typed up). I'm coming up with typing the rest as I type this.

Chapter 2 - The Invitation

Chapter 2 - The Invitation


The next day, there was no school, being the start of break. Jamie decided to sleep in that morning, waking up at nine instead of seven. When Jamie gets into his regular clothes, he walks out of his nice two story home to the mailbox. The mail looks all the same, with the exception of the one letter addressed to him.



“Hey, what's this?”, As Jamie opens the envelope, there is a postcard, with a formal invitation that says:



Tired of the ordinary?

Wanna meet new people?

…Play new games?

The Come to….

Fantasy Land Stadium!

Route 17, Turn left on I-16,

Secret Canyon



“Well, Since there's nothing to do around here, I'll go.” Jamie sets off and gets in his car towards Route 17. On the way, he notices the Streets of Station Central aren't as jammed as they normally would. At about twelve noon, the streets would be packed with cars, filled with people off to lunch.

“Ah, well, makes it faster to get there.” Jamie smiles and speeds off. On route 17, there is quite a bit of construction, but no detours, so Jamie turns at Interstate I-16. Turns out that was a bad choice; the traffic is murder!

“Perfect…..geez…”, Jamie's sarcastic attitude is a sign of his impatience to get to his destination; Fantasy Stadium. There seem to be others waiting to go as well, since there is a bus packed full of people, all teenagers, going to Fantasy Stadium.

“Must've sent a TON of invites.”, Jamie said and simply smiles.

After maybe a half an hour, traffic moves enough so Jamie can make his exit at Secret Canyon Rd.

Secret Canyon used to be the location of a theme park, but eventually closed down due to lack of space. Why anyone would sill use the space would be beyond reason. When Jamie drives up, the place looks absolutely deserted, with the stadium in the back.

“This is some kind of joke, right?”, Jamie sighs, and is about to walk back into the car, but can't help but keep walking toward the entrance. The place is renovated to look new, and the parking lot is paved, with new fountains. Curiosity keeps Jamie moving toward the complex. He eventually wanders to the entrance of the building, which consists of a two door mechanism, and on both doors, the Fantasy World logo is on the middle of the doors in neat black letters, with a crown “W” in the background.

Suddenly, a voice from nowhere calls and asks Jamie, “Your best talent, please.”

Jamie, confused, says, “Drawing.”

The door opens and the voice says “Identity confirmed. Welcome.” He walks in, and the place is full of only teenagers. Just when Jamie takes two steps, he notices two girls walking, no, running at him.

They stop and look at him.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment