Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Explinations and an Assignment

Feraldo is Time chronicler from the VERY distant future. Though time is already foreseen and recorded in The Book of Future, it leaves the universe open to change, and details being missed. Feraldo's job is to record the details of the past and future not recorded in The Book. Though his secondary task is to preserve events destined to happen without making a large impression on history.
 
His current mission however, will lead to personal a personal loss, and a responsibility greater than any other Time Chronicler ever known.

Chapter 1 - Explinations and an Assignment

Chapter 1 - Explinations and an Assignment
Be aware that this is my first attempt at something like this. Read and Review please.
 
 
 
 
 
"Some believe that they have a choice in their lives. Others believe that everything is set in stone. Neither are correct. The fact is that both are right to an extent. The future is indeed known, and events that will pass are, yes, recorded. What is different than common knowledge is that, recorded or not, it is impossible to pick up on every detail of events to come. The Book, after all, was written many thousands of years ago. Things can happen that the writer could not have foreseen.
 
Ah, let me present you with an example. Say a vehicle is driving on the road. The Book says that the Vehicle will crash in a spot where, also recorded, a tree was to be planted. Now, this crash is recorded, and thus indefinite. However, say, 100 years ago, it was also recorded that a seed to a tree was to be planted, but by a twist of fate, that seed was carelessly dropped, and never planted properly. Now, The Book indeed said that the tree would be planted, but it was off in the location of the planting. Now, this flaw in The Book would cause a chain reaction of problems. The the crash never happened, who knows what would take place. Pages of the book would be null and void.
 
Our technology can only alert us of these flaws so fast, and we may not be aware of them before the problems start. Now, since the past is what the past is, it would be too hard to simply replant the tree, or we would have to also re-arrange the events that happened after it. So instead, we stop this chain reaction. The jobs of Time Chroniclers is not only to record these flawed events, and write them into The Book, but to stop these flaws. So a smart Chronicler would do what he or she must. Force the vehicle's crash. This job may also require forceful killings of what may be innocents, or causing wars that were supposed to happen, but it is our job to ensure that the Future is as close to as it is written as possible, if not exact. So then, are you ready for your first assignment Feraldo?"
 
"Oh indeed I am Sir Nalu."
 
"Good. Your first assignment is in the medieval times. A carriage was supposed to trip over a bump and lose it's horses and send the carriage into a tree, wounding the passenger. The tree was misplaced and now the horses are simply destined to run off and drag the carriage a few yards and stop."
 
"Your gave me that example on purpose."
 
"Well, your first assignment after all. What king of teacher would I be if I didn't give you some guidance before I sent you off into the world?"
 
"Very well Sir Nalu. I will force the crash and record it and the evens that follow."
 
"Then be on your way Feraldo. Just try not to influence too much alright? Your actions may also influence future events that other Chroniclers will have to fix, hm?"
 
"Yes Sir Nalu. I will do my best."
 
Feraldo winked at Sir Nalu, and by the force of his will, sent himself into the past, unaware of what awaits him.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Wyrmses on September 27, 2006, 8:54:05 PM

Wyrmses on
WyrmsesI await the next chapter! Woot!