Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Encounters

This is about a girl demon who is learning things from a young man. She is part cat and part wolf. It's pretty funny cause she doesn't know any more than a wild animal. Their relationship progresses through the story. This is my first fic.

Chapter 4 - Encounters

Chapter 4 - Encounters
Well! Now that I'm back from Florida I can actually do stuff! I missed my kitties! NEway here is the first chapter. I'm not good at putting what's in my head onto paper so I hope this is OK.

This story takes place in ancient Japan (kinda like InuYasha) where demons were very common. This story begins with two very different demons. An elegant and sofisticated cat demon, and a ruthless and savage wolf demon... Who somehow fall in love with each other and have a child. Unfortunately this child was left for dead after a group of demon slayers attacked the two new parents. This child was NOT found and raised by anyone. It was left to fend for itself. It fed on anything it's animal instincts led it to. It grew to be Eighteen years old and was just as wild as any other animal in the forest...

Enter Sei... "Hello. I am Sei an eighteen year old boy who wishes to become a war lord and a famous demon slayer. I have short back hair and brown eyes. But enough about me. Let's talk about her...

I was taking a roadside trip to the next village on my way to become a daring warlord, when I stopped to ask for directions... What? Warlords can get lost too you know! ahem... As I was saying, this old guy told me that there was a shortcut through the forest. I started to run off when he grabbed me and told me to beware of the horrible demon that lived in that forest. "It has teeeerrrible fangs, loooong sharp claws, a lashing tail, and ugly yellow eyes!" But it was just an old man, I mean, he looked like he was about to fall over dead if you ask me. I thought he was crazy, so I took the shortcut. (duh)

I began to see how the old man might have been scared. It was a really dark and scary place, like a forest in a horror story. Owls were hooting and sticks were breaking... bushes were moving... Ok. So I was a little scared... Then all of a sudden, "MeeeeeeeeeeeeeOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I had stepped on something soft and a terrible noise that sounded like a meow crossed with a howl. I spun around and saw a shadow hiding behind a tree. At first glance it looked like a girl about my age but a second glance told me something was wrong with this picture. She had long cat-like ears on the top of her head. I was guessing she had no clothes on but her tail was in the way... NO I AM NOT A PERVERT!!! WHich by the way her tail was about the length of her body and was like that of a wolf. She had claws instead of fingernails, and her feet were, uh, well... At about the knee the skin blended into fur which was a dark dark grey tipped in black. She stood on her toes like an animal.

She just stared at me sniffing the air for a bit as I thought to myself how this could not be happening. Then I looked straight into her golden eyes that were narrowed into slits and it reminded me of the warning the old man gave me. This innocent-looking creature can't be the horrible monster that old coot described! He needs to have his eyes checked! Her long blonde hair flowed in the wind as we stared at each other in awe. Something inside me sparked me to say hello. "H-h-hello... Ahem... I am Sei... I, uh, what's y-your n-n-name? *gulp*" She just tilted her head like a dog. "Say something..." She just looked at me even funnier. "Can you speak?" ... "I guess that's a no... Well... Let's get you some clothes." I took out one of my blankets that I used in case of sleeping outdoors and walked towards her holding it out. She looked a bit scared of me and hissed right in my face... Spit is not good to have on your face... "Come on I won't hurt you." She growled at me and let out another hiss and I closed my eyes. I thought she was going to attack. I heard sniffs inches away from my face and felt her bodypress against my blanket so I quickly wrapped it around her and tied it on with a smaller strip of cloth. She struggled at first but began to realize I wasn't trying to hurt her. "There." I opened my eyes and made sure it was right. She began to sniff the material. She seemed to like it. Now that she was up close I could see how beautiful she was. She smiled at me and I saw her fangs. They were a little big... She could have ripped me to shreds! I didn't think about what I would do next.

"Now... What to do with you..." She began to rub on me and purr with delight. "I guess your coming with me then." I walked ahead a little and told her to come. She figured it out in a little while. She walked on her toes so silently that if I didn't turn back every now and then I wouldn't have known she was there! I saw a light up ahead after a good while. I prayed it was the next village. I started to run and forgot about the girl. I ran into the village and a shadow leaped above me. "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! A DEMON! RUN!!!" All of the villagers packed up everything and left in three seconds flat. I saw the girl there standing in front of me cleaning her face like a cat. "Oops... I forgot about you..." I looked around in the deserted village thinking to myself how to prevent this from happening in the next village. I found some food that had been left behind and started to prepare it for us to eat.

While my back was turned I heard some chickens clucking like mad and I saw her chasing some. "NO! We do not chase chickens!" She sensed my anger and stopped where she was. "N-nnnnooooo." "Did you just speak?!" "Nnnoo." "That's right no chasing." "Ch-ch. No ch-chaaaa-assssiiiiing" "Good! Very good!" Just then an idea popped into my head. If I teach her to speak I could be a legend! The man who teaches demons to speak. Hmmm. I like the sound of that..."

So we stayed in the village as I tought her everything. It took her a while to grasp the whole "you, me" thing but she learned very fast. At one point the food ran out but she would go out and bring me something as needed from the forest. I also got her some better clothes. A lovely blue dress that fit her just perfectly. I grew quite attatched to her and almost began to think of her as quite harmless.

One night, though, as I was sleeping, a great bear demoncrashed the hut I was in and began to attack! The first swing of it's giant claws missed and hit the floor. But the second swipe hit my arm. Just as he was about to finish me the girl leaped in and stood in the way and began to growl and bare her fangs. She started to move him away from me. A swipe, a miss. As she was jumping in the air the demon got a hold of her tail, which I have learned through expeience is a BIG pe peeve of hers... A hiss and a low howl erupted from her throat as she took out both of his eyes. The demon ran away in a blind rage into the forest.

Meanwhile, I tried to check out my arm and observe the damage. It was pretty bad. I wouldn't be able to use that arm for quite a while. After seeing that the demon was well out of sight, the girl came over to me and smiled. All of the ferocity of that horrible monster that attacked the bear demon melted away. My arm throbbed in pain and I whimpered a little. "Sei hurt." "Yes... Ahh... Sei hurt." She scooted up closer to me as I backed away. She grabbed my arm and started to bring it up to her mouth and I immeadiately jerked it back. "How get better if not lick?" "With some water and a bandage..."

I had been planning on leaving the village soon but we would need to stay until I felt good enough to move around. I continued to teach the girl new things and the more I taught her, the more she seemed human. I kept telling myself I could let her go if I wanted to... But she looked at me and I felt her innocence. I had promised myself I would slay any demons I came accross, yet, I can't help becoming a little attatched...


SOOOOOOOOOOOO? What did you think? Please tell me how it was... I'm not too good at this. I'm going to put up pics of my characters soon so you know how they look, starting with the girl. And if your wondering, she does get a name in the second chapter.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment