Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Prologue

"I never would've thought that my life would be different" thought 16 year old Apple Granger as she looks back at the past. "When everything changed"

Chapter 0 - Prologue

Chapter 0 - Prologue
I remember the last time I saw Tyson alive… We were just little children and we always had fun in Greece. Except for that year… That year when I lost him… When I lost everything…

“Tyson… I don’t think this is a good idea anymore,” I said as I looked at my big brother. My brother, Tyson, and I were staying at my aunt’s and uncle’s house in Greece for the summer because my parents were on a business trip to Rome. I barely saw my parents as it was and they barely noticed me whenever they weren’t on a business trip.

“Oh, quit being a wimp. You’re just another cry-baby, exactly like your best friend Hilary,” Tyson said as he stared at me straight in the eye. We were walking on the edge of a cliff that was ten feet over the shore.

“I am not a wimp or a cry-baby!” I pouted and crossed my arms, “And neither is Hilary.”

He shrugged his shoulders and laughed, “Once a cry-baby, always a cry-baby.” I stomped my feet and growled at him. Tyson and I were only two years apart but we were inseparable. Wherever he went, I went.

Tyson looked a lot like my mother. He had her beautiful brown eyes and her long, silky blue hair, but he also had my father’s button nose and his enchanting smile.

“Come on, Apple,” whined Tyson because I didn’t move, “we are almost there!”

I puffed my cheeks and kept staring at him. Everybody says that I look like my father. I have his straight brown hair and his button nose, but I also inherited my mother’s brown eyes and her alluring smile.

“Where exactly are we going, Tyson?” I asked, finally letting my curiosity overwhelm me. Tyson had told me earlier that morning that he wanted to show me something and when I asked him what, all he would tell me was that it was something that I would like. It never crossed my mind that day that I should’ve asked him before he made me go on the stupid hiking adventure. I mean, I hated walking as it was; I was always a lazy-butt.

“The beach on the other side of town, the one that’s called Sarakiniko Beach,” he simply replied and beckoned me to keep walking.

I gasped and backed up a couple of steps, “But Agenta and Achlys told me that it was a forbidden area!” Agenta and Achlys were my friends that I made in my previous stay in Greece. I had always played with them, but Tyson had always claimed that he could never see them.

Tyson rolled his eyes and put his hands in his pockets, “Apple, Agenta and Achlys aren’t real. They are just make-believe people that—“

“They are not make-believe!” I yelled at him. He shook his head and muttered something that sounded like “annoying brat.” “I am not a brat!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. He stopped moving and seemed to be in deep thought. I stared at him for a couple more minutes, feeling my anger heating my skin. I screamed at him, “I wish that something bad would happen to you so that I would never be able to see you again!”

He spun around quickly so that he could make some sarcastic remark about my wishful thinking, when, as he moved, he lost his footing.

My eyes widened as he started to fall towards the water and I tried to run to him but everything seemed to be moving in slow motion.

“TYSON!!” I screamed. After I screamed, everything seemed to move quickly. I tripped over my own feet as I fell off the edge, but I managed to catch a branch that magically appeared out of nowhere. I heard a crash as Tyson’s body hit the water. I looked down and tried to find Tyson, but there was no use, his body was gone forever…

“Apple!!” yelled a voice from over the cliff. I looked up to see a boy with glasses and messy, gray and blue hair, stretch his hand out toward me. “Grab my hand!”

I looked at his hand and then back at his face. I couldn’t make out his face but I knew that it was familiar. “Tyson,” I managed to choke out, “save Tyson.”

“Apple, listen to me!” the boy yelled, his face was pale and he was panting. “Tyson is gone! You need to grab my hand!”

I stared at him, “No…. Tyson can’t be gone…”

“Please!!” he yelled again, sounding desperate. The last thing I remembered was looking at him and seeing Tyson’s face.

“But Tyson can’t be gone…”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment