Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Baby-sitting

Here we go again. Accidentally deleted first on, so here it is, again. Still working on Chapter 2.

Chapter 2 - Baby-sitting

Chapter 2 - Baby-sitting






Codename Kids Next Door






Operation C.O.S.M.I.C.-W.O.A.H.S.






Cool






Operative’s






Solo






Mission






Is






Completed






-






With






Our






Ally’s






Heroic






Sacrifice













(Color of text denotes speaker. Numbuh 1, Numbuh 2, Numbuh 3, Numbuh 4, Numbuh 5, Mushi, ???, ??? )











Chapter 2: Baby-sitting

















…Transmission Stabilized











Friday 2:30p.m. – Gallagher Elementary











Will this day ev-ah end?













Relax. Only thirty more minutes and then it’s weekend time, baby!













So, uh Numbuh 5, what’cha get birthday-boy this year?













Dang! Numbuh 5 was so preoccupied with schoolwork that she forgot to get him a present!













Well, at least you know what not to get him.













Yeah. Numbuh 5 will probably just get him some new shades* or something like that.






(*For those of you who may or may not know, when Numbuh 5 says “shades” she’s referring to sunglasses, not blinds.)











Well, if Ah had to give him a present, Ah’d get him something manly, like a kazoo or somethin’.*











(*Ed, Edd, n’ Eddy reference. Eddy: “If I played an instrument, I’d play somethin’ manly, like a kazoo or somethin’)











Right, you do that.












Ah don’t have to. Ah’ll be conveniently…uh…disposed that day.












Oh, yeah. Helpin’ your girlfriend watch her big, bad sister.












That’s right……hey! She is not my girlfriend!












Boy, please. Everybody knows how you feel about her.












They do……I mean, uh, I don’t know what you’re talking about. Our relationship is merely professional.













Riiiight. (You can’t fool Numbuh 5)











For Pete’s sake! Can’t that clock go any fast-ah!?












Calm down, Romeo. There’s only 10 minutes left.













C’mon, there were 10 minutes left an hour ago!












Do what?! That made no sense, even for you.












(Bloody clock! I bet it knows how badly I want to be with Numbuh 3 and it’s just going slow to spite me! As soon as that bell rings, Ah’m gonna go home and sleep ‘till time to go ov-ah to Numbuh 3’s)











(Briiiing!)











Hah! Take that you stupid clock! You thought you could keep me in here, didn’t you!? Well, think again! Ba-na-na-na-na, gonna go to sleep! Ba-na-na-na-na, Goin’ to Numbuh 3’s! Ba-na-na-na-na!*












(Numbuh 4’s song he sings when he’s in a good mood.)











Later…











Hey, Kuki, what time do you want me to come ov-ah tomorrow?












Well, my mom doesn’t have to work till 11:00, so I guess you could come over then.












Alright, Ah’ll see you then.












Okay. Bye, Wally!












Bye Kuki! (Click) Oh, man this is gonna be great! Ah get to spend all day with Numbuh 3…even if it is with Mushi. I bett-ah get ta sleep so Ah can get there quicker.












The next morning…











(Yawn) What time is it!? Oh, phew, it’s only 8:00. Let’s see… that gives me just enough time to show-ah, eat some breakfast, punch something, and watch some cartoons. Heh…that Bloo is somethin’ else.











Later…











On TV:












How much? What!? For these!? I don’t have that kind of money! Rip-off artist!













Ow! My shin!












Ah, that’s a classic. Rip-off artist. Well, it’s just about time. Alright, Wally my boy, today, you have to tell Numbuh 3 how you feel, ‘cause you might never get another chance like this again.













Later…











(doorbell) Hi, Numbuh 4!











Oh, hey Mushi. Where’s Numbuh 3?












Kuki? She’s in the bathroom. She’ll be out in a minute. Wanna play with my “I’m-a-mister-stinky pants-rainbow monkey?












Nah, maybe lat-ah. So, uh, what’ve you been up to lately?













Oh, nuthin’. Just bein’ sweet, loveable me!












(Riiiiight. Sure you have.)













La-la-la-la…Oh, hey Wally! When’d you get here?












Oh, uh, just now.












Well, Mushi, since Numbuh 4’s here, what should we do first?












1 hour later…











When does this Monopoly™* game end, anyway?













(Monopoly is owned and is the sole creation of Parker Bros. Sorry, but I have to do this with all brand-name stuff. Copyright infringement kinda thing.)











It’s not supposed to end, silly!












What!? I thought you said whoever got Park Place™ and Boardwalk™ was the winner, but I’ve had them for eight turns now.












Well, even though it’s true that whoever owns those properties practically owns the biggest estates in the game, play never really ceases until everyone wants it to.












So you’re telling me that this game could go on forev-ah?












I guess.












Well, is it alright if we play, like, a different game?












Sure! Let’s see… we’ve got Chutes and Ladders™, Bingo™, Pictionary™, or there’s always Charades.













Meanwhile…











Hmm… it seems as though two of those accursed Kids Next Door have been separated from the others. This seems like the opportune time to crash those two’s little soirée*.











(Sw-ahr-ay. N. A party where, traditionally, cannibals would get together to eat the neighbors. Nowadays, it’s used to just mean any kind of party, cannibals or not.











Indeed. With this plan, surely you will not fail. (Maniacal laughter)













Yes, and don’t call me Shirley. (Clears throat) Have fun while you can, you two, because your play time’s about to be cut short. Prepare my transport.











As you command…Father.












Meanwhile…again…











Looks like all the excitement’s tuckered her out, and it’s only 1:00.













Hey, she’s kinda cute when she’s asleep.













So, what do you want to do now?












(Here’s your chance, mate! Just spit it out!) Uh, Kuki?












Yes, Wally?












There’s something Ah’ve been meaning to tell you and…uh…(trails off)












Yes?












Well, we’ve known each oth-ah for quite sometime now, wouldn’t you say?













Yeah, we’ve known each other for like years!












Well, there’s been something in my mind for a while now, and…












Hold on, Wally, I gotta put Mushi to bed. I don’t want to wake her up.












Oh, okay. (Darn it! Why is this so hard!? All you have to do is say Ah love you! Ah love you, Ah love you, Ah love you! C’mon, this could be your only chance, mate!)













Now what was it you were saying, Wally?













Well, it’s just that. It seems that whenever Ah’m about to tell you, something happens and Ah can’t say it.












Say…what? (I can’t believe it! He’s really going to say it! After all this time I’ll finally get to hear him say that he, that he)













Ah’ll be right back.












Where are you going?












Ah gotta go to the bathroom. (Runs off)












(Sigh) He was so close this time.













Crap!!! What’s wrong with me!? I can’t even tell the girl of my dreams how I feel! Okay, just calm down. Okay, I’m just gonna walk right out there and…(BOOM!!!)












What was…













AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!













That sounded like Numbuh 3!













(Living room is destroyed, Mushi is laying on the floor debris around her)












Numbuh 3!? Kuki!? Where are you!?













Numbuh 4…













Mushi, what happened!? Where’s Numbuh 3!?













I tried to stop him but I couldn’t… he busted in and got Kuki…













Stop who!? Who took Numbuh 3!?













I don’t know…I’ve never seen him before…













Well, what did he look like!?













He was all black from head to toe, and all I could make out was his bright, glowing eyes…













Fath-ah! That’s it! He’s done some stupid crap before, but this is the last straw! I gotta call…(looks down) Darn it! I left my communicat-ah at home! He’s going to pay for this! Are you alright, Mushi?













I think so…













Good. Stay here, I’m gonna go get the others.













Numbuh 4?













Yeah?













Please bring Kuki back.













I promise.






Transmission Interrupted






End of Chapter 2






























Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kairukurumi on July 7, 2006, 1:24:39 AM

Kairukurumi on
KairukurumiWell, here's Chapter 2. Didn't plan for the ending to happen until like Chapter 4, but I thought the story was starting to get a little boring, so I moved it back two chapters. Tell me what you think!