Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - No Mercy

An shinigami’s forbidden love and an evil plot to kill all of the shinigami. What must Kiptcha face before her promise with Aizen can be fulfilled?

Will she accept her promise's fate?

Chapter 9 - No Mercy

Chapter 9 - No Mercy
Kiptcha froze. “Kai-chan?”

The girl nodded. “However, I still got to kill you.”

“Reima, Nastassiya. Catch up when you can. We’re going a head,” Kiptcha said, turning and leaping out of sight with Seija and Aleksei. She felt bad about not getting to know her sister, but she needed to press on.

As they ran down one of the streets though, shinigami started to pursue, and it was only a matter of time before they encountered another captain or high ranking officer.


Aleksei offered to stay behind, his eyes trying to follow the hundreds of thin blades that glinted in the light like petals. The little blades were deadly, he knew but nevertheless, Aleksei was determined to beat such an enemy. Kuchiki Byakuya. The sixth squad captain.

“Seija, stay ere with him. I don’t want be losing any of you!” Kiptcha ordered.

“But you, mistress. What will you do if you encounter any more?” Seija asked, concerned.

“I’ll fight. Just take care of yourself,” Kiptcha said, dashing off. She left them far behind in a matter of minutes. Her feet flew in a flurry, and she glanced up and down, trying to find her way back to Isredel'’ squad house. It was the fifth squad.

She took a left and then a right and then another left. A dead end. She turned around to look back at where she had come from. With all the speed and strength she could muster, she launched herself in another direction.

She turned a corner, and Kiptcha saw the building she had searching for so hard. She smiled and walked toward it.

“Wait there, Arrancar,” a vioce said behind her. Kiptcha whirled to face them. “I am Yamada Hanako, the captain of special unit zero.”

Kiptcha swallowed hard and turned to look back at the fifth squad building. So damn close. First things first, though.



Reima dodged another attack, wary of the tips of Kailea’s fingers. It was her shikai. Dark black metal coated her arms up to her elbows and long claws were in place of her fingernails. He didn’t want to find out what happened when he was scratched by one of the claws though.

Nastassiya screamed. Blood dripped from her arm, staining the white uniform she wore. Her eyes were partially glazed over with pain, but she drew her zampaku-to and looked over at Reima. She nodded and they looked at Kailea, Kiptcha’s sister.

Kailea stepped back, and she focused her mind, bending the space-time continuum. There was no in between transit, she appeared next to Reima, claws at the ready. She had modified time slightly so that she had gone back. She sliced Reima’s side, but she couldn’t catch the sword that was swung at her abdomen, and she staggered back, blood dripping from her shoulder and stomach.

“Ban-kai,” she whispered. The metal that coated her arms spread up and all over her body, forming a barrier. She twirled the hilt in her hands, letting it lengthen and thin out. Her skin was a black color, and even though it was metal, it didn’t seem to hold the same properties.

Reima clenched his teeth and held out his left, unused hand. He coaxed a cero to form. It blasted away everything in its path. He dust cleared and Kailea stood there, unharmed. Her stick was scorched though, and the tassel that had been at the base of the black blade at one end had been burnt off.

“Nastassiya, we should complete Resurrección. That’s probably the only way,” Reima whispered, and both arrancar held out their zampaku-tos, and they yelled out their release phrases. Resurrección was when the release is called out. The arrancar release: restoration of their hollow forms.



Aleksei was having a herd time as well, but he didn’t show it at all, deflecting the little blades or running away from them. He was tired already, like playing dodge with Kiptcha, and they were only halfway through. Seija had helped him a little, but she had only been drawn into the battle. Even though she provided a bit of a distraction, it wasn’t enough.

Another burst of Sonido let him escape the little petal-shaped blades. He wondered momentarily what was happening to mistress Kiptcha, just enough for Byakuya to close in and engulf the two arrancar in the blades.

The two fell limply to the ground, bleeding. Aleksei looked up at the sky. “I’m sorry, Kiptcha-sama,” he whispered. He got to his feet noticing that Seija had gotten cut up worse. “Kiptcha-sama. You can’t come into Seiretei, and then try to convince the shinigami that you don’t want to kill them! They’ll never believe you!” he yelled, having trouble keeping his feet.

Aleksei turned to the captain. “I don’t want to die. I want to serve Kiptcha-sama. I wanted to follow our orders. We weren’t to kill or injure without reason. We were to just to let her find one of you. Find him and make sure that he was still alive. And then we would return. Kiptcha would serve Aizen-sama. She would do as he said. But just this once, she went against him and cam here.” Aleksei collapsed next to Seija, his breathing ragged.



Kiptcha stared at the captain class shinigami in front of her. She looked down at her healed hand, and glanced back at the building that she wanted to explore, the whole complex. In there somewhere Isredel might be sitting, reading a book. She looked back at her challenger.

“I don’t want to fight you. I don’t any of these damn fights. That’s not what I came here for,” she muttered. She sighed heavily, and started o turn away.

“Are you running away?” Hanako paused. “Are the arrancar that weak?” she asked mockingly.

Kiptcha stopped. She gritted her teeth and turned back, deciding that there was no way around it. “Come then,” she said in a commanding voice. “I’ll show what the 4th Espada can do. My mission was to be bloodless. But it can’t be helped.”

Hanako unsheathed her zampaku-to, and she readied herself quickly. “Let’s do this then!” she said, charging at the arrancar. Kiptcha easily dodged with Sonido, setting her foot down behind the shinigami. She had her thumbs hung on her sash. Her hair floated down around her.

Hanako whirled, swinging her sword as well. Kiptcha nearly had her hair cut off at a short level, but she pulled it out of the way, flowing like a dancer. Kiptcha seemed to be taking it easy, enjoying a dance that no one had planned.

The shinigami was furious at her indifference though, and she tried to swing at Kiptcha, recklessly. Kiptcha had given up at the prospect of avoiding the battle entirely. She stopped, and Hanako took the opportunity to stab at her again. Kiptcha caught the blade with her left hand, the finger-less glove still there, as if she didn’t want to see the fully healed hand. She had worn a glove on her right hand as well, though, just to balance it out.

Hanako gasped and tried to pull her blade away. Kiptcha laughed and pulled it toward her, kicking out at the same time. It caught Hanako in the stomach, and Kiptcha released the blade, letting the shinigami stagger back.

“Are you making fun of me, arrancar?” Hanako asked pointedly.

“No. I don’t want to fight,” Kiptcha answered plainly.

“Well, that was obvious,” Hanako snarled. She stood and looked at her opponent. Kiptcha’s back faced her. She leapt, driving her sword into Kiptcha’s abdomen, just a Kiptcha spun around. The blade slid into her stomach, but Kiptcha didn’t care, and she didn’t even flinch. Her facial expression remained calm and untroubled, and Kiptcha gripped the sword, slowly pulling it out.



Reima gripped his sword tightly, after reverting to arrancar form. Nastassiya lay on the ground near his feet, but Reima wasn’t about to give up. The shinigami danced around him, bending time itself to her will.

Another strike made Reima sink to his knees and he looked up at the shinigami. “You damn dog. How dare you do something like this?”



Kiptcha had carefully kept blood off her uniform from her wound, and even though the battle continued, she easily applied a makeshift bandage and stemmed the flow. She now danced around the attacking Hanako, who was enraged by the Espada’s lack of interest in the battle.

Kiptcha stopped again, and she watched Hanako swing wildly at her. Hanako seemed surprised, though, when Kiptcha blocked her zampaku-to with her bare hand. She frowned, pushing the blade away.

“I don’t have time for your petty games, shinigami,” Kiptcha hissed, dashing back towards the fifth squad building. She didn’t pay attention to the shinigami’s yelling, just dashing forward.

She found her cell in fairly short order, and she looked around for an indication to which way she was to go. She dashed toward the practice room, and finding nobody, she emerged into a courtyard. She glanced around, trying to find her way.

Tamara rushed out of one of the rooms, and seeing Kiptcha, unsheathed her sword in panic. Recognition dawned and she lowered her sword marginally.

“Why the hell are you here, Kiptcha?” she yelled.

“Where’s Isredel?!” Kiptcha asked, trying to force her panic down.

“Probably with Captain Unohana. Last we heard, he was badly injured by the arrancar attack, probably going to die.”

Kiptcha jumped onto the roof and she quickly disappeared.



Hanako watched Kiptcha race away, and she followed with stealth, anger at the interrupted battle. Kiptcha was looking around for something, obviously. She landed in an open courtyard, and Hanako took the opportunity to continue their earlier fight.

“Jigoku o Motarasu, Chiyo Tsubasa!” Hanako Yamada yelled, descending of Kiptcha unexpectedly.
[Bring Hell, 100 year wings]

Kiptcha whipped around, watching the wind swirl around the shinigami. The wind helped her attack strength, and Kiptcha drew her own zampaku-to from its sheath. The thin blade glimmered in the sunlight, looking impossibly thin.

Kiptcha smirked evilly, pulling down her collar to reveal a sadistic grin. “I don’t think you fully comprehend my power, do you?”

Hanako lurched up and landed behind Kiptcha, sending gust of shredding wind at her exposed back. Dust filled the air, and Hanako looked up to see Kiptcha aiming a cero at her head. A draft of wind carried her away, but Kiptcha followed, and the cero blasted out.

Hanako wiped a bit of blood off the side of her mouth, most of her body scratched and bleeding. The wall behind her was gone. Hanako realized that dealing with this one would be more of a task than dispatching one of her subordinates.

Kiptcha looked at her thin sword, and she put it away. With a faster time than the cero, she fired a bala, a hollow bullet. It hit the shinigami, and Kiptcha circled for another attack with a cero. It would be the finishing blow.

The cero formed and Kiptcha sighed, such an opponent . . .

A flash of color flew towards the wounded shinigami, and Kiptcha paused, holding the attack. The thing stopped in front of Hanako, and Kiptcha let the cero fire, obliterating everything that it touched, once again.

The dust settled, and Kiptcha hid her surprise at the sight. The shinigami that had interfered hadn’t even been hurt slightly. She looked at hard at him, balancing on the peak of the roof. It dawned on her.

“Is-re-del?” she asked tentatively “Is it really you?”

The shinigami turned around revealing a hollow mask with livid black designs and red scratches. Kiptcha took a step back pausing at the sight. He removed his mask though, and Kiptcha looked at Isredel, the shinigami she had been ordered to capture not too long ago.

The mask disintegrated, and Kiptcha jumped off the roof and walked calmly towards him. Her joy wasn’t hidden, showing plain. Kiptcha felt her own brittle mask, but she didn’t dare try to remove it like that.

“What are you doing, arrancar?” Isredel asked dispassionately. He drew his sword, and looked at Kiptcha. “Are trying to kill us now?”

Kiptcha saw the movement, and she warily took a step back. Her emotions faded back into a blank stare. “Are you also going to pick a fight with me, shinigami?” She showed no recognition whatsoever after Isredel had called her ‘arrancar’.

“You bet,” he hissed. He took a breath and whispered the one word that released his zampaku-to to the fullest extent. “Ban-kai.”

Jumped into the air as wings unfolded from his back, of a dark grey, like storm clouds. His sword glittered and shone brightly. Kiptcha unsheathed her sword.

“So be it,” she yelled. “Kiritateru, Iten!”
[Slash, Destroyer!]

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AnimeX on July 5, 2007, 8:35:49 AM

AnimeX on
AnimeXVery nice!!^___^
who's this new Isredel!? a Vizard? interesting^^ cant wait 4 next chap.
Great job!