Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Odori o Mashou?

[lit.: Fireworks of Winter] When a human develops the ability to reverse time, what could possibly happen to her? What will Aizen do with this new chance?

Chapter 2 - Odori o Mashou?

Chapter 2 - Odori o Mashou?
Kiptcha woke abruptly to a sharp jab. Her mouth opened slightly, her breath coming faster as she came out of sleeping mode. She couldn’t relate this to anything, and she opened her eyes, clearly confused. Isredel noted the color of her eyes was fluctuating, and they had turned from a dark blue to a warm brown.

Isredel stood above her, his zampaku-to aimed at her throat. Kiptcha didn’t move in the slightest, but her eyes started flashing different colors as different emotions engulfed her, and she snapped her eyes shut again.

“Open them.”
Kiptcha shook her head. Her weakness lay in her eyes. She would show her exact emotion through them, and she couldn’t risk it. Couldn’t risk being read so easily. “Why do you insist on bothering me?”

Isredel allowed himself a small laugh. “Well, well, arrancar. Seems you don’t fully have control of the situation any more.”

“I never did. I simply didn’t care enough to take that from you. Yet.” Kiptcha’s reply was calm, but she still refused to open her eyes.

“You make it sound like you could. But right now, I’d like to see those eyes of yours again,” Isredel said, prodding her with the tip of his zampaku-to.

“Ifyou’re going to kill me, would you please carry on?” Kiptchaasked softly, opening her eyes. They were pitch black, the color offear. “I’m not one who stands up to torture well. And I won’tface Aizen-sama to tell him why I fought you.”
“Youdon’t like torture, hmm?” Isredel laughed. He removed the swordfrom her throat, and stabbed it down into her left shoulder. Thewooden boards underneath gripped at the sword, pinning Kiptcha there.
Shegasped, and her whole body trembled. Her left arm wouldn’t movewell, and pain dominated her mind. Her eyes violently changed toorange. Tears leaked from them, and as she looked up at Isredel, hereyes accused him.
“Sois that the color they turn when in pain? Interesting. What colordo they turn in death, I wonder?” He yanked the sword out, coveredin blood.
“White,”Kiptcha whispered.
“Whatwas that?” Isredel asked cautiously, his sword raised in positionto strike.
“Theyturn white, Res. Pure white, like snow.”
╞═╡♥ ♥⌠Fuyu⌡♥♥ ╘═══╣‡╞╦═╧╩╤╦╛ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥⌠no⌡♥♥ ♥ ♥ ╘╦╤╩╧═╦╡‡╠═══╛♥ ♥⌠Hanabi⌡♥♥ ╞═╡
“I’mreally sorry, ya know,” Isredel said, feeling uncomfortable. Kiptcha sat at the opposite side of the table from him, calmlywrapping her shoulder with bandages. Isredel watched her, and hersuddenly realized her eyes had changed colors again. He couldn’tremember what they had been yesterday, but he noticed that they werea beautiful pinkish-purple right now.
Kiptchafinished and pulled her sleeve back up her arm. She didn’t smile,not even in the slightest bit. “It doesn’t matter.”
“Whyare your eyes that color?” Isredel asked, picking up his tea. Kiptcha had made it for him, despite being injured. It tasted quitegood, and that somehow surprised him. Werearrancar all that bad when they weren’t attacking you? Helooked at her, and for the first time, he saw her plainly. She wasan Espada, but she was female. Fragile. Unwanted in many ways. Shewas surrounded by the other nine Espada that were male.
Kiptchaclosed her eyes, blushing slightly. “A cursed gift I have. Itallows my emotions to read perfectly, doesn’t it?”
“It’snot necessarily a curse,” Isredel pointed out. “But I was just abit curious. Forgive me.
“Ihave my orders as well. I’m to take you back for questioning orkill you. I’d prefer to kill you, but the shinigami captains wantyou alive. Obviously.” Isredel finished his tea and stood,loosening his zampaku-to in its sheath. “Which will it be?”
“Aizen-samawould understand either way I decide to go. However, if I let myselffall into your hands too willingly, Aizen-sama will simply send oneof the others to kill me. Sadly, I find that I must either fight tokill you, or I must fight to give you some sample of my power. Either way, you will be hurt.” Kiptcha stood as well, and shesighed heavily. I could have loved you, but only if we weren’t onopposite sides. Please don’t make me do this.”
“Damnarrancar aren’t supposed to be able to love. You neither. I’llkill you for such a comment as that, insulting those who really dohave feelings other than hate and lust for power. Maybe that’llteach you.”
Kiptchatook a step back from Isredel, and she jumped up, sliding through theceiling. Isredel followed. They both stopped at the roof of thecomplex.
Kiptchakneeled, and a low hum resonated. Four kitten-like shapes appeared,the hollow-form of the kittens’ souls. She tapped them each on thenose, and one by one, they disappeared into the hollow realm.
“Aizen-samawill be aware of what is to come now, and what my final decision is. Please, you attack first. That should make it fair, considering ourpower levels.” Kiptcha stood, her back facing Isredel.
“I’mgoing to honorable about this, as well you should, so turn around andfight,” Isredel snarled.
“You’regoing to fight me, without a katana? And you want to call that fair? Fine by me.”
╞═╡♥ ♥⌠Fuyu⌡♥♥ ╘═══╣‡╞╦═╧╩╤╦╛ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥⌠no⌡♥♥ ♥ ♥ ╘╦╤╩╧═╦╡‡╠═══╛♥ ♥⌠Hanabi⌡♥♥ ╞═╡
Isredelstepped back, slightly out of breath. Kiptcha stepped forward, hershoulder’s bandage already red with blood. Her eyes were closed,as they had been for the entire fight. Even so, shining tears wereilluminated by the moonlight. A deep cut had been slashed across herlower back, just below her hollow hole. It bled openly, and she madeno move to notice it.
“Openyour eyes.”
Kiptchawas startled. She stopped four steps away from Isredel,contemplating. “Or what?”
“I’llcontinue to slowly slice you to ribbons, unless you can persuade meotherwise, hmm?”
Kiptchasighed heavily, and she drew a white blindfold out of her hakamapocket. She slowly opened her eyes then, revealing shattered colors. It scared Isredel, so many slivers of color. Each represented adifferent emotion. She then closed them again, and tied theblindfold across them. “My curse as it is. And being an arrancar,I shall accept that what I define as love is not truly love at all. I’ll accept that my affection towards something is a desire forpower. But I’d like you to prove that to me.”
Isredellooked hard at her, at her thin, blindfolded figure. It reminded himstrangely of one of the Roman goddesses. What had been her name? Fortuna:The goddess of fate. Fortune is blind, and she therefore wears ablindfold. He looked at her carefully. Was she planning something against him? “Prove to you that you’ve always been wrong?”
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
╞═╡♥ ♥⌠Fuyu⌡♥♥ ╘═══╣‡╞╦═╧╩╤╦╛ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥⌠no⌡♥♥ ♥ ♥ ╘╦╤╩╧═╦╡‡╠═══╛♥ ♥⌠Hanabi⌡♥♥ ╞═╡
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Katyagasped for breath. The last hollow had been stronger. As she hadthought, the moon never went down, and the palace never seemed to getmuch closer. She looked down at the origami cup that held somewater, and she sighed, thinking of her last ten pieces of paper untilshe would be totally out of paper. The paper that Isredel had givenher when she had first met him. He had said something about thepaper being made from spirit particles. Or something.
Anotherpresence loomed up in front of her, but she couldn’t see it becauseof the dunes. It was too strong for her to handle, but she dank therest of the water, and unfolded the paper carefully. It dissolvedbetween her fingers.
“Whatare you doing there, woman?” The voice belonged to a solitaryarrancar, standing on the rim of the dune. He had black hair and amask with a horn curling off it. Two green lines traced the path oftears down his face. However, his face was apathetic. “I amordered by Aizen-sama to bring you back to the Las Noches palace.”
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
╞═╡♥ ♥⌠Fuyu⌡♥♥ ╘═══╣‡╞╦═╧╩╤╦╛ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥⌠no⌡♥♥ ♥ ♥ ╘╦╤╩╧═╦╡‡╠═══╛♥ ♥⌠Hanabi⌡♥♥ ╞═╡
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Kiptcha twirled around Isredel in the air, dodgingan attack perfectly without actually seeing the movement. It waslike an elaborate dance that had to be practiced to perfection beforeit could be attempted with a sharp weapon. The weapon that couldtake both lives away.
“Damn,you’re good Kiptcha. Mind telling me how you dodge things withoutseeing them?”
“BecauseI can see them.” Isredel laughed at the comment.
“ShallI test that? Hmm-m-m,” Isredel snarled. He held up three fingersand continued. “How many fingers am I holding up?”
“Certainlya well thought out question, if not totally irrelevant.”
“You’reavoiding the question.”
“Idon’t know, you stupid shinigami! What do you want me to do? Guess?!” Kiptcha had snapped. She lunged, as Isredel thought shewas incapable of. But she didn’t hit him. She grabbed hiszampaku-to with her bare hand, and then she pulled her hand up theblade, cutting deep into the flesh of her palm.
Isredelstared at her. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”
“Iten.”
AllIsredel could do was stare. One shouldn’t be able to summontheir zampaku-to. “What the hell? Did you really just —“
“You’rebeing annoying and dense. Please spare me from such. You startedthis fight, And Soul Society might actually think I tried with this. Maybe.”
Isredelgrimaced under the insults, but since he was sure that she didn’tsee them, he brushed his anger off. Whatcould a damned arrancar know anyway? He then lunged yelling out his release at the same time. “Blindand deafen, Raikouno Kami.” Light shrouded her blade for a second, and he didn’t even start toconsider that he was outlining himself perfectly for Kiptcha’ssenses.
Shecould already tell he was angry with her. She was just sensitive toemotions. A dangerous power in itself.
“Calmyourself, and don’t do something reckless, hmm-m? You’representing me with a bright bull’s eye. And I don’t want to makeit obvious I’m missing you. If it helps, I’ll even apologize formy earlier insults —” Kiptcha didn’t have time to complete herthought, as she was sharply cut off by the total disappearance of hisreiatsu. It was no longer in one centralized blob. It was . . . allaround.
Theblindfold fell fluttering to the roof. Blood leaked slowly down theright side of her face, a red line across her temple. Her eyes wentwide, taking in the sight. Isredel’s gaze had locked with her own,and the tip of his sword was poised at her neck. For the thirdtime. Her eyes seemed to suddenly blanch to a light beautiful brown,once she had fully realized her situation.
“Pleasejust do it this time. That would make it easier on both of us, youknow,” she commented dryly.
“Thatcolor . . . what is it?” Kiptcha stared at him as he slowlylowered his katana. Her eyes widened, and she realized she had asecond chance.
“Youbastard. Aizen-sama doesn’t need a defeated warrior.”
“Ithink you suit that image well, actually,” Isredel commented. Kiptcha felt like she had been slapped. She backed up a step, hereye color fading to a dominant blue, which seemed to sparkle. Thesame color as the tears that she silently let slip down her cheeks.
Isredelwas about to remark about it when Kiptcha’s eyes violently turned ablood red color. He backed away, wishing he had taken her advice,just once. “I’ll kill you, shinigami. I’ll offer yourlifeless corpse to Aizen-sama, as a gift!”
Isredelhad no time to react before Kiptcha attacked, her blows fast andmerciless. Isredel was forced back wards, and he realized that theonly way he could get out of this would be to call on his bankai. Itwould be a tough fight if he did that, as she would most likely takeit as a challenge and do her own release. He thought about each,considering the consequences. Every plan that he could think ofrequired at least another captain. He was at a loss, but he had onlyone choice if Kiptcha didn’t stop.
Hepulled a small headset out of his pocket and spoke hurriedly into it. “This is Isredel Shimazaki, requesting the limit release belifted. Arrancar has been found, and engaged.”
Thereply came a second later. “This is Souls Society. You haveauthorization. Arrancar has been noted. Espada level, Pleaseproceed. Backup is being sent.”
╞═╡♥ ♥⌠Fuyu⌡♥♥ ╘═══╣‡╞╦═╧╩╤╦╛ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥⌠no⌡♥♥ ♥ ♥ ╘╦╤╩╧═╦╡‡╠═══╛♥ ♥⌠Hanabi⌡♥♥ ╞═╡
Isredelhad been able to hold back from bankai, but Kiptcha clearly wasgaining the upper hand as she danced around effortlessly. She wasslowly draining all of Isredel’s energy. He stepped back, and heldhis sword out in front of him.
“Ban. . . kai.”
Lightningcrackled around him and gusts of wind radiated off of him, spinning. Kiptcha watched lazily, resting her sword on her shoulder. The dustcleared, and Kiptcha stood face to face with Isredel again, except hehad two brightly glowing wings and his sword was long and black. Ithurt Kiptcha’s sensitive eyes to look at him, and she was forced toclose her eyes. Isredel took the opportunity to attack.
Kiptchadidn’t catch the movement, and the bolt of electricity struck hersquarely. Blood flowed freely from her side, and Kiptcha fell,writhing. Isredel walked over daintily, and he looked down atKiptcha.
“You’rebleeding, arrancar,” he said simply. He kneeled down, careful ofher movements.
Kiptchaclutched her zampaku-to suppressing her pain. She opened her eyes,shattered shades of red. She snapped her wrist, sending her bladeinto Isredel’s abdomen. She then pulled it back out, relishing thecolor of blood.
“You’rebleeding, shinigami,” she laughed. Kiptcha jumped away, leavingIsredel clutching the wound. Her expression was a combinationbetween a snarl and a glare of hate. A perfect replica of Grimmjow’ssmirk.
“Thefirst Form: Baile Resonante.”
Isredelhad no time to react, as Kiptcha flash towards him, and he didn’thave time to realize he’d been cut before she set another foot onthe ground. Blood seemed to seep from everywhere, and Isredel stoodagain, just to face her.
“Howthe hell did you manage this?!” he snarled.
Kiptchaturned towards him. “I’ll give you a rare treat, just for youstill being able to stand. Take it as a gift, before I use it tokill you.” Kiptcha planted her katana firmly in the roof, and shereversed her hold on the hilt. With a explosion of reiatsu, shereleased it. Isredel watched in shock as the hilt extended and theblade shortened and curved out. A double-handed zampaku-to became ascythe. “My favorite weapon. And my weapon’s true form. Mosttimes I suppress it into a sword though.”
“CAPTAIN!”a shrill female voice screamed. Kiptcha’s head snapped up to watcha younger shinigami sailing down through the air. Her hair was aright shade of red-brown, and her figure was small, fragile. Shelanded, and the first thing that Kiptcha noticed was how annoyedIsredel looked about ths, and how short the girl was compared to hercaptain. “Fyrita Phalae, lieutenant of the 5thdivision.”
“Idon’t have the time for this. Isredel, call off your pet. Well,unless you want her dead,” Kiptcha said, clearly amused.
HitsugayaToushiro and Matsumoto Rangiku followed the excited lieutenant down,also landing to block Kiptcha from injuring Isredel. Kiptcha hadconveniently flipped her hair back over her Espada rank.
“Sothere’s more of you, eh?” Kiptcha looked up, catching sight of afew other shinigami. “And you, Hitsugaya Toushiro – kun,Aizen-sama has spoken of you. A young kid with white hair: theprodigy of the Soul Society. Nice to make the acquaintance,shinigami.”
“Stateyour purpose here, arrancar,” Hitsugaya snarled at her, offended atthe mention of ‘kid’ in the same sentence with himself.
Kiptchalaughed lowly, the sound coming out closer to a grimace of pain. Shespun her scythe right side up, and toyed with the blade, testing theblade. Her finger was easily cut, and she stuck it in her mouth todrain off the blood. The was an uncomfortable silence, and finally,Kiptcha spoke up. “I’m here to do nothing official, and I wassupposed to stay out of any and all fights. I had personal mattersto take care of.”
Isredelspoke up then too: “Something to do with some kittens.”
Kiptchakicked off, and she shrugged. “I’m not going back to Aizen-samauntil I kill one of you or I die. It would be dishonorable. So thisfight hasn’t ended.”
Isredelpushed Fyrita off of him, who was poking at injuries interestedly. He then followed Kiptcha up, who looked at him curiously. Are younot going to call for help?”
“No,of course not. This is between just us.” Isredel seemed to haveregained composure, and he stood tall.
Kiptchanodded. “Thesecond Form: La Agilidad de Aire.” She leapt forward, careful to adjust to the new weapon. Isredelfended off some of the blows, and he struck out, but she carefullydanced away from him. However, she left herself open after she hadfinished, presenting a good target. Isredel took the invitation, andanother bolt of electricity soared at her.
Herscythe easily spun on her palm, but it only blocked the stuff thatcame into direct contact with it, and she hadn’t enough time tospin it faster.
╞═╡♥ ♥⌠Fuyu⌡♥♥ ╘═══╣‡╞╦═╧╩╤╦╛ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥⌠no⌡♥♥ ♥ ♥ ╘╦╤╩╧═╦╡‡╠═══╛♥ ♥⌠Hanabi⌡♥♥ ╞═╡
Inthe end, everyone had teamed up against Kiptcha, and Isredel, who wasbadly injured, had subdued her. She was now laying acquiescent inIsredel’s arms, bridal style, as they prepared to return toSeiretei. Kiptcha had allowed herself to be badly injured, and sheknew that they would think something was amiss if they figured outher ranking.
Kiptchalaid her head against Isredel’s chest as he passed through theportal, closing her eyes against the scene. Isredel seemed upset ather doing that so blatantly.
“Kiptcha!”Isredel hissed. She looked at him slowly. Their eyes met, andIsredel realized that her eyes were that same pinkish-purple. “Whatcolor?”
“Simplyput, humility, as Ulquiorra described for me,” Kiptcha replied,putting her back down and going to sleep.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
╞═╡♥ ♥⌠Fuyu⌡♥♥ ╘═══╣‡╞╦═╧╩╤╦╛ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥⌠no⌡♥♥ ♥ ♥ ╘╦╤╩╧═╦╡‡╠═══╛♥ ♥⌠Hanabi⌡♥♥ ╞═╡
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Aizenlooked murderously happy, and Katya tried to shrink away from him. Ulquiorra prevented her from doing so, however, and she was forced tostand straight and look directly at Aizen.
“Welcometo Las Noches, Katya. Were you seeking to come to this place?”
Katyashook her head vigorously. “I thought I’d never get here though. . . ”
Aizenredirected his attention, turning his head towards the other twoEspada in the chamber besides Ulquiorra. “Nao, would you be sokind as to take care of this girl? I’m sure she would prefer youto Grimmjow or Ulquiorra.”
Naoyawned, looking disgruntled, but she didn’t voice her dissent outloud. She nodded solemnly and walked towards Katya, and dragging thelost human away. Aizen watched the two leave.
Ulquiorralooked up at Aizen as well. “Where’s Kiptcha? She obviouslytricked that girl to coming here, but she didn’t say anything ofthe human girl’s talents.”
“NotifySzayel. I don’t have a use for a human,” Aizen said pointedly toUlquiorra. Said arrancar bowed lowly and left. Grimmjow made toleave as well, however, he was stopped very quickly. “Grimmjow. Organize a team to go to the Soul Society. Kiptcha will need adistraction to get out of her current dilemma.”
╞═╡♥ ♥⌠Fuyu⌡♥♥ ╘═══╣‡╞╦═╧╩╤╦╛ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥⌠no⌡♥♥ ♥ ♥ ╘╦╤╩╧═╦╡‡╠═══╛♥ ♥⌠Hanabi⌡♥♥ ╞═╡
Katyalooked in awe around the living quarters that Nao had entered,wondering how the femal arrancar was able to live in such a messyplace.
“Sothese are your quarters?” Katya asked tentatively. Nao nodded. “And the number on the door was your rank?” Another nod. “AndKiptcha is number 2?”
“Somany damn questions. I’m amazed you care. But since you metKiptcha, she will have told you some of this, didn’t she?”
Itwas Katya’s turn to confirm the information. “But I’d like toknow — ”
Naocut off Katya with a wave. “Please just shut up. I hatequestions.” She turned, her strawberry blonde hair swinginglightly. She walked out of the room, and Katya was left in silence. The image of the thin, although slightly short, arrancar was burnedinto her mind. The long black sleeves and the slashed white fabrithe attempted to hide the black below it. The way that the blackfragment of her mask contrasted to the pale skin that never sawsunlight.
Katyadidn’t notice really when she curled up to fall into slumber, andshe didn’t notice the others that entered and took her away to theOctava Espada.
╞═╡♥ ♥⌠Fuyu⌡♥♥ ╘═══╣‡╞╦═╧╩╤╦╛ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥⌠no⌡♥♥ ♥ ♥ ╘╦╤╩╧═╦╡‡╠═══╛♥ ♥⌠Hanabi⌡♥♥ ╞═╡
Endof Chapter 2: Entitled “Odori o Mashou ka”
Allcredit is Kalliel’s. Except for the whole Bleach idea . . . you getit. Please review! :3

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AnimeX on January 20, 2008, 6:08:02 AM

AnimeX on
AnimeXAwesome!^__^
I really liked reading this episode
the idea of the eyes changing colors was pretty cool!
keep up the great job!