Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Journey Begins

Naruto goes with Jiraiya for 3 years and comes back stronger, mature and taller!^-^

[NaruHina] If you don't like the pairing, don't bother reading.

Chapter 1 - The Journey Begins

Chapter 1 - The Journey Begins
Chapter One: The Journey Begins
Naruto watched as Sakura winked at him. Next time, we'll do it together, Naruto! she said and ran off.
That definitely cheered him up.
So, what are you gonna do? Shikamaru asked.
Huh? he snapped back into reality.
Sasuke's gone. He's with Orochimaru. What are you going to do? You're staying here for at least another day. What are you going to do once you're out?
Naruto's closed a bit and softened. I don't know...
There was a long and uncomfortable silence between.
I'm sorry. Naruto suddenly said.
Well isn't that out of character...What do you mean?
Your first mission... You picked me... Everyone did their part... Everyone sacrificed to lead to my part... And I choked... I had a chance to knock him unconscious... But I didn't... I was too soft... To-Too unwilling to let go... And in the end, I lost him... I'm sorry... I guess because of me your beginning as a chuunin didn't turn out too well.
Shikamaru chuckled. If we hadn't lost, I would have never learned how to manage a team properly. I would have never faced such an amazing battle. I would have never learned to take risks, to believe the impossible... and to trust my teammates. I should be thanking you. he said.
Naruto managed to smile back, though it still hurt.
Oy, Naruto.
Yeah?
One more thing before I leave. You're an excellent fighter. Strong stamina, crazy powerful moves, good last minute thinking. But it would make you ten times stronger if you had a plan, controlled your emotions, and stayed hidden.
Naruto sighed. It sounded like something Iruka sensei would tell him. Only now, it meant much, much more. Because, for the first time, Naruto realized, it wasn't just a stupid lecture... It was true. And it would have helped their mission... all their missions so much more...
If you can learn to not show your opponents all your moves and brag, you could be really, really useful. Shikamaru advised. But, thanks man.
Spoken like a true leader. Naruto replied faking a smile.
Shikamaru gave him a chess book.
Nani! What's this? Homework?
Read it. It'll help you. he said.
Naruto sighed grumpily but stuck out his clenched fist anyways.
Shikamaru raised an eyebrow.
Naruto took Shikamaru's hand, made it into a fist, and put it on top of his. Down, up, sideways. They did the 'handshake'. See ya man. he said.
Shikamaru nodded and left.
In truth, Naruto felt worse than ever. All those years at the academy... If only I had taken that seriously... I have such a good stamina, such good jutsus... Just a pathetic, loud mouth brain... Now the voice of Sakura sayind, 'Shut up Naruto! You're so annoying!' came into his mind, and Naruto felt worse than ever. shoot...
Suddenly, there was a loud thump outside. The next thing he new, Jaraiya entered.
Ero-se --
Nice to see you, too, kid. he interrupted. Stop calling me that.
What do you want? Naruto complained. He didn't want a lecture on how bad he did  he felt bad enough as it was.
Jeez, kid! That isn't a nice way to treat your new sensei.
SAY WHAT?
Yup! I've decided to take you on as my student. You, me, and bunch of stip --
Get to the point!
for the next three years. Jaraiya finished.
Naruto thought about it. The last student of yours was Yondaime...
Jaraiya nodded solemnly. And kid... You're gonna shine just like him...
Naruto, for the first time in his life, sat down and thought for a while.
Jaraiya raised his eyebrows. You're thinking? Wow, do you have a fever or something? he asked.
Naruto ignored him. He told what Shikamaru told him previously, and how he felt. I feel damn useless, and I'm wondering if becoming your student will help.
Jaraiya chuckled. Trust me. You become my pupil, and you'll be as useless as the rasengan. he stated coolly.
This naturally perked up Naruto's interests. Seriously?
It all depends on you... We'll have near death situations, face dangerous enemies... And you'll be training in one way or another 24/7 with barely any sleep of food sometimes to train your body... And I'll require you to memorize around 3,000 jutsus... If you're good enough... Yondaime did about 3,000... he said.
I'll do it. was the answer in less than half a second. But as Jaraiya turned to go, Naruto spoke, Wait... What about Sasuke? he asked.
Jaraiya winced. He had been hoping to talk about it during their travels once Naruto was more mature. O well, no avoiding it... Forget about him, kid. He chose Orochimaru on his own... He's not coming back... And don't worry, Orochimaru only does his jutsu once every three years. He can't do it any more often. And guess what, he's going to do it a month from now to another guy to switch bodies. Then, for three years he'll train Sasuke. Then it'll happen. By that time, you'll be done with your training. After that, what you do is not my choice.
Naruto nodded.
But I do repeat myself. I know how it feels. Forget about him. If you don't, you'll only have more pain.
Naruto shook his head. I would never abandon my friends... Besides, I already promised Sakura-chan... And I don't go back on my word. That's my ninja way. he stated with a fox grin.
Jaraiya shook his head. Fine. Get ready, cuz tonight, we're leaving.
Naruto nodded. After Jaraiya left, Naruto strained and got up. He soon got used to it and was able to walk quite comfortably. Of course, it was only the kyuubi chakra which made this all possible, but Naruto didn't think about that. He went out of the hospital, walked home, and packed his stuff.
The bell rang. Opening the door, Naruto was surprised to find Hinata.
Hinata? What are you doing here?
O-Oh, well, you s-see, I s-saw you p-packing, and I-I realized I-I wouldn't s-see you in a w-while, so I --
Come in, come in! he said smiling and sat down next to her on the sofa.
Hinata blushed heavily and was getting very hot. N-Naruto-kun, I-I-I brought you a p-present b-because you're g-going a-away... S-So -- she held out a small box.
Opening it, Naruto found a necklace with a small card case at the middle where he could put two photos. Smiling, he looked at the small, beet red girl next to him, hugged her, and said, Thanks Hinata-chan! I love it!
This was too much for her. Not only was her Naruto-kun hugging her, but he called her 'Hinata-chan'. She did what every logical, cool headed, sophisticated girl of her age would do  she fainted. Waking up, she was about to faint again realizing she was on Naruto's couch, but Naruto looked at her.
Sorry I made you faint... I didn't know I hugged you that hard... Heh... he said placing an arm behind his head and giving a nervous grin.
N-No, i-it's not y-your fault... I-I have to g-go... B-Bye... she said and quickly went out.
Well that was rather strange... O well! In one end of the picture case on his necklace he put a picture of team seven (centralizing on Sakura's face, of course,) and on the other he put a picture of his graduating academy class which had all of his friends as well as Iruka-sensei. Packing up, he headed to Jaraiya.
Quiet. Jaraiya whispered. We don't want attention. Let's go quickly.
Naruto frowned. Why? Probably running from Granny Tsunade as usual, the pervert... Some lights were on now, and the sun was long gone. He had one last glance at his village, and looking at the hokages' statues one last time, he looked at Yondaime, and thought, My face is going up on that wall.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kebee14 on October 20, 2006, 8:06:07 PM

Kebee14 on
Kebee14Ahem... all the squares are quotation marks (") and apostrophes (') Thanks!