Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Training for The Chuunin Exam

Naruto goes with Jiraiya for 3 years and comes back stronger, mature and taller!^-^

[NaruHina] If you don't like the pairing, don't bother reading.

Chapter 6 - Training for The Chuunin Exam

Chapter 6 - Training for The Chuunin Exam
Chapter 6: Training for The Chuunin Exam
Naruto wandered across his house and searched what there was. There were three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and one kitchen. It was incredibly dusty. Naruto grinned. Looks like the monastery jutsus pay off. Cleaning Genie no Jutsu!
After his entire house was immaculately clean, which didn't take too long, Naruto picked the smallest bedroom, unrolled his mattress, which was by now one of his only belonging, and sat down. He unpacked his other clothes and weapons and laid them out. Making his room, changed into his pajamas, cleaned his clothes using various jutsus, stacked them on the shelf, and went to bed. His entire assets were only his mattress, his clothes, and his weapons. What could he say? Living in a monastery for three years had changed his lifestyle a bit. However, he was still that same, annoying, loud-mouthed Naruto he was during social events. He had learned to get serious during missions and other times, and he had learned to predict what people were feeling and even thinking by their actions. The seventh course would seem like learning how to read minds, but it was actually based on their own actions. Naruto, of course could never tell anyone this. He remembered one of the first things his new sensei had said:
We monks follow what is called The Way. You need not follow it completely, as it requires Buddhist practices, but you must follow some rules. You swear utter secrecy of this way, and not to disclose it to anyone but the one you love. That is one person who you may tell it to; however, she... or he... may not tell anyone. Also, you must practice the rules we have enforced in the monastery  which won't be too hard, considering you love to follow them: humility, respect to everyone, and the virtues we enforced. These rules alone you must follow  always, or your power will dwindle. So, for your sake and mine, do follow them. Without these practices, meditation is impossible, and you know why your power will decrease from there on...
Naruto sighed. Yes, it was true. He had to meditate for at least an hour a day.
For the first week he went around the town talking to people and simply getting to know them. The hokage had given him one month off, and he decided to see how much his home had changed. He went to the Academy firstly.
Iruka sensei!
Naruto! How are you? You've changed so much!
Yes, and hopefully for the better.
Iruka cleared his throat. Everyone! I'd like you to meet a former student of mine; his name is Naruto.
Hello, Naruto. The class monotonously moaned.
Let me just sit and watch. Naruto whispered in his ear.
Iruka got the flow. Yes, and he is one of the hokage's most trusted Anbu members. He will be watching for good behavior. I suggest you keep it... Or... well, let's just say you'll find out...
And with that, Naruto, smiling at this wonderful opportunity, made shadow clones which watched inconspicuously from the shadows. Naruto himself simply took out a book and began reading to fool the students.
Look at him... How pathetic! He's reading... Jeez... one child whispered to his friend. The other nodded.
Plan A4. he whispered back.
The child grinned with delight; it was the ultimate, unstoppable, lugi spitball of doom. That would get him for sure. They both pooled their spit, rolled up a wad of paper, and put it in a straw.
Wait... the other child said. He's an Anbu. Don't you think he'd notice?
He's reading a book! How can he?
He can if he's right next to you. Naruto said. One of his shadow clones had informed him, and he instantly transported there.
How did he do that? I didn't even see him! The child whimpered.
Yes, well, if you had been paying attention to Iruka-sensei, then you might have learned a thing or two about spotting, and you might have seen me.
The child looked ghost white.
Iruka himself was rather amused. He hadn't seen them, but Naruto had. I wonder how much he's improved. But Iruka knew Naruto would never punish these children, having been a great prankster himself... would he? No, of course not.
Can you read minds or something?
It doesn't matter. You two are coming up in front of the entire class for your punishment.
No... Naruto wouldn't... Iruka thought.
Naruto stressed 'entire' in such a way that it wasn't obvious, but they realized how embarrassing it would be. Naruto put on his most deadly face, grabbed the two, and brought them to the front.
One had tears in his eyes. Please mister! I won't do it again! Please!
Hmmm... You laugh about me, almost throw a spitball at me, and insult Iruka sensei... I should spare you? Naruto powered a small amount of chakra and began doing a fake jutsu. The children had terror in their eyes. FAKEASS YOU GOT SCHOOLED JUTSU!
The children ducked. It was only later that they realized what Naruto had yelled. What the hell? and they got up to see Naruto on the ground up to tears in laughter.
Did you see your face! Hahahaha! And I mean, seriously! 'Fakeass you got schooled jutsu'! Hahahaha! You should have seen the look on your face. Naruto finally finished laughing and calmed down.
Iruka sighed. Naruto scared the hell out of me... So much chakra...
Ha! Got you sensei, didn't I! I scared you like crazy! You must have thought I was going to kill these two with all that chakra! Hahahaha!
Wait! What the hell is going on here? the kid asked.
Kid, Naruto faced him. I'm a prankster myself. Do you think I would hurt my fellow pranksters who keep up the noble deed of pissing off Iruka sensei? I used to be ten times the amount of trouble you guys were in class, okay. And I stayed here for three years! I must pissed of sensei so much. Not to mention right now, huh!
Naruto... Grow up... You scared the hell out of me...
Naruto laughed even harder.
So... All of this was just a joke?
Naruto nodded. Oh, and by the way, kid. It's better if you put the spit before you put the paper in the straw... More spit on the paper that way. he advised.
Of course that's genius!
He gave them a high five. Keep up the work, my fellow pranksters. and with that he disappeared. Instantly, every single child in the academy had accepted him, if not befriended him. They all laughed at Iruka sensei. He would talk to the adults now and again, too, and even advise them on their problems in not getting enough customers, or thieves, and common problems for merchants. Overall, (as the monks predicted,) with his new humbler attitude, everyone in the entire village had accepted him. A month passed like this, and he simply talked to people, trained, and worked on new jutsus.
Hey, Obaa-chan! You called me?
Yes, Naruto. You and Hinata are the only ones from your class who have note become chuunin. So, you both will be a team in this upcoming one.
That's great! I've already talked to her about it, and she's agreed.
You... Already talked to her about it?
Yeah, I talked to her.
I see. There should be no problem then. You and Hinata will train, and do your stuff. she said.
Wait... Don't we need three people?
Tsunade chuckled. Don't think it'll be so easy. We've changed things quite a bit... But I'll save the surprises for later.
Yup.
Oh, and, Naruto?
Yes? Do your best not to fail this one. she said. We need you for some crucial missions. she smiled.
Turning around, he waved and said, You got it. He poofed to Hinata's house.
He looked at the white eyed guard. What do you want?
May I see Hinata-san?
No.
Why?
Because she is being moved to the branch house today. It is the ceremony. Now leave. he said sternly.
Naruto's eyes had a fire in them, but he remained calm. He new the Caged Bird Seal. It would haunt Hinata for her life... He was not going to let this happen. His eye began glowing blue, and the next instant the guard was knocked out. Naruto ran inside the building, went through the crowd, and saw Hinata there at the center, kneeling in front of her father, who was in a special robe.
Stop! he said so loudly a deadly silence descended upon the place.
You, Uzumaki! Who let you in hear?
No one. he stated calmly.
What gives you the rights to be in here?
My being a friend to Hinata.
Her father glared at her. You are still his friend?
Hinata began crying.
Her father did nothing. He simply said, All the better then. You no longer are part of the main house.
You're right. Naruto added.
Her father looked at her.
Hinata looked at him with increasing tears. Even Naruto-kun doesn't think I'm good enough...
Why bother putting Hinata in a house where no one loves her, and everyone treats her like trash. Hinata doesn't need that. She's too good for you, for this house, and for this pathetic clan. Hinata is better than you all. She doesn't need the main house  her standing up to you is something you would never understand. Naruto said bitterly.
Hinata stopped crying and looked up at him.
That is enough. her father said.
I don't even understand how you can call yourself her father.
What would you know about the Hyuuga? You don't even have a family, much less a clan! You carry a... and he calmed down. You know nothing.
Maybe I don't know anything about a clan. But I do know family. I know how it feels when everyone hates you. And Hinata doesn't deserve it. She doesn't need you  you're only hindering her growth.
Hiashi laughed. What growth?
She has grown. You're too blind to see it.
That is enough! he made some hand signs and made a barrier in the room so no one could come near he or Hinata. Then, slapping her, he forced Hinata to lie down on the ground.
Naruto saw the slap and winced. Looking at Hinata's face, he saw blood streaking down. That was it... Naruto's eyes began glowing again, and his fists were clenched.
Hiashi was about to make another slap at Hinata's body when, suddenly, Naruto stood there lifting carrying Hinata. Hiashi was so stunned he couldn't react. That Uzumaki trash can go through the barrier? Naruto kicked him in the stomach.
Naruto lifted Hinata and disappeared.
Hiashi looked at the surrounding Hyuuga members who shook their heads quietly. How could he do that to his own daughter? someone whispered.
I'm personally glad the kyuubi boy came. Another said.
Maybe he's not so bad after all. said a third.
Naruto carried Hinata into his house, placed her on the biggest bed in the largest bedroom, and tended to her wounds. Hinata was still crying terribly. Then, using a jutsu, Naruto healed her completely. Sitting next to her, he placed an arm around her. He looked at her. She had her face in her knees, but tears were gushing out. Her hair was neat but she seemed so sad. Naruto's eyes softened a bit. Placing an arm around her, he squeezed her to him. He felt her hair, and it was surprisingly soft... almost, angelic. He placed his palm on her head and gently stroked down her hair, whispering, It's okay. It'll be all right. You're safe now, with a friend. It's okay. It seemed to be working, but at a very slow rate. Naruto didn't blame her, after all, she just lost her entire family and isolated herself from her clan. Naruto stared at her, and thought, She's pretty... He kept stroking her hair. She then, hugged him, fell into his chest, and cried her heart out. After she was done, he cupped her faced, looked into her eyes, and said, Hinata-chan, it's okay. You'll be fine. You will get back with your family. Don't worry. Smiling his fox grin, he said, Trust me. We'll ace the chuunin exams, and you'll show everyone how strong you are. But, I need your help. Will you help me? She nodded through her tears. All right. he said hugging her. It'll be okay.
Hinata-chan, you can live hear for a while. I have three bedrooms, and I don't really get too much company, so you can live here! he smiled.
She nodded.
You can have this room  it's the biggest, so, yeah.
What about you?
Me? Nah! I don't need this big a thing. I'm in the smallest room. Want to see?
She nodded  she was curious to how her Naruto had changed over the years.
He took her to his room  a small and cozy room with not much in it. I like it. Small... Cozy... Perfect for me. he smiled.
I like it, too, N-Naruto-kun.
Thanks! Hinata, I'll be right back. I'm going to get your stuff from your room. I'll be right back. Okay?
At this she burst into tears again. Don't go!
Hinata, I have to. You don't have anything here, and I can't afford to buy all your stuff. I promise I'll be right back.
Promise?
He hugged her tighter. Promise.
She nodded. Okay...
They stayed like that for a while, and Naruto said, Hinata?
Yeah?
I would love to stay like this, but I can't go if I'm still hugging you.
Oh. and at that, she blushed horribly and let him go.
It's okay. he smiled and disappeared.
Reappearing in Hinata's room at the Hyuuga foundation, he said, Invisiblity jutsu. He made himself invisible with some basic genjutsu, grabbed all her stuff, packed it, and reappeared in his house. Releasing the genjutsu, he yelled, Hinata! I'm back! I told you I'd only be gone a second!
At this Hinata rushed in and hugged him. He moved all her stuff to her room, helped her unpack and set up her room.
Where do you want this to go? he asked showing her a picture of a woman.
I-Is it okay if I put it above my bed?
It's your room, silly! You choose!
She hesitantly nodded and placed it there.
After they were done, Naruto asked, Hey, Hinata?
H-Hai?
Can I sit on your bed?
N-Naruto-kun, it's your house.
Well, yeah, but I said it was your room, and so, it is your room.
S-Sure.
Thanks.
Hinata sat next to him.
Hinata, can you tell me a little about your past? If it's not too personal. He quickly added.
Hinata nodded. I remember my mother... She died shortly after Hanabi was born. I loved her... She was so kind, bold, daring, loving... She was like an angel, and she loved me so much... I loved her. She was motherly in every way. Every time my father went on about duty, my mother kissed him, and said, 'Let her enjoy life, Hiashi.' I smiled whenever she did that. I used to wonder how she did it all... Taking care of me, managing the family, cooking, everything. I used to awe at her. She laughed with tearing eyes. I wanted to be just like her... I used to play all the time with her. I was always behind her, helping her cook, take care of people...
Naruto looked at her and saw she was crying. He put an arm around her.
Anyways, one day she died... Soon after Hanabi was born... I think two months after... of a fever. Then father went on about the duties of a Hyuuga... I tried my best... Day after day training, but I never could get it. He was so cold, so harsh. I tried my best to please him, but... No matter what, I just couldn't do it... I wasn't good enough... Failure after failure...
Naruto put his fingers to her lips and cradled her. So now all you have are her memories... he said quietly.
She nodded.
Hinata, Naruto said looking at her with a smile. You will make your mother proud. One day, you will become the leader of that clan, and you will fix all the wrongs you have seen... And we'll start, he said, his smile getting wider, with the chuunin exams.
Hinata shook her head. I... I can't do it...
Of course you can! Come on! Let's go! It's only afternoon! We can! He grabbed her, pulled her up, and walked to the training grounds. Okay, we have two weeks before the chuunin exams. I say we work on your techniques for the first week, and on the second, we work on team strategies. Okay?
Hinata shook her head. I can't... I'll fail... I --
Hey... You can. You will. Think about the person you love most.
You, Naruto-kun.
Focus on that person.
I have my entire life.
And make that person proud.
I can... I will!
Now, he paused, Let's rock.
For the next week they got up at six and practiced on taijutsu, the use of Hinata's byakungan, and Hinata's speciality, genjutsu.
Okay, Hinata. We're going to spar, all right? You have to use your byukengan to get me. I'll be at a long range distance, putting you at the advantage. But you won't get me either if you don't use your byukengan. It'll be like this during the second test, I'm guessing, and we can worry about short range later. Okay? he said smiling.
That brightened her day. Okay. she nodded.
Naruto disappeared. He decided not to make shadow clones. He simply wanted to catch her off guard but not hurt her. Suddenly, he appeared behind her and kicked her lightly. She fell to the ground. She had realized it, but she couldn't react in time.
She began crying again.
Hinata, I'm really sorry if I hurt you badly. We can stop if you want.
Hinata shook her head. I failed... I failed...
Naruto sat down next to her and looked at her. Her eyes... So soft... so caressing... Naruto snapped himself out of this. Hinata, you'll only fail me if you quit. As far as I'm concerned, we've succeeded. We've found your weakness, and now we can fix it. Before we didn't even know your weakness. Hinata looked up at him. He put things into a completely different perspective. She got up, actually eager this time.
They also inserted a bit ninjutsu. Naruto taught her a style based on flexibility, taught her to maximize her chakra efficiency, and taught her, most of all, self-confidence. By the end of this weeks, after numerous failures, and numerous more victories, Hinata's stutter was gone.
Okay, now we work on our teamwork. We have a team of two, so I suggest we either do half and half, or we do one person offense, one person defense. You have an excellent defense as well as a byukengan to power that up. So, with that, we can make an absolute defense. You can do the Heavenly Spin like Neiji, right?
She nodded briskly.
Good. So, first, you analyze with byukengan, and you are our defense in the forest and in the night. Then, once we find the guy's location, for longrange and extreme close contact, it'll be me to take out the guys, as well as short range defense. For medium, you use your Hakke, and the rest of defense you cover. Got it?
She nodded.
They went over various tactics for the specific areas of the test, and by the end of the week, they felt they could handle anything this test would dish out.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment