Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - The Mission Begins

Naruto goes with Jiraiya for 3 years and comes back stronger, mature and taller!^-^

[NaruHina] If you don't like the pairing, don't bother reading.

Chapter 12 - The Mission Begins

Chapter 12 - The Mission Begins
Chapter 12: The Mission Begins
The five set out on the path simply walking. Naruto and Kakashi talked, and the girls were in one group behind.
Naruto, can you copy bloodline limits?
I suppose. I mean I copied the Mengekyou, only mine takes twice the amount of chakra and goes away right after I use it. You can control when you put your Mengekyuou away and revert it to jut a plain sharingan. For me it disappears. I suppose if I copied a sharingan, it would disappear in about a second as well, but I'm not too sure.
Hmmm... You're extremely lucky to have such a powerful bloodline limit.
Yeah, I know. Say, sensei?
Yeah?
I thought Jaraiya-sensei told you about this stuff. Why are you asking me?
He's gotten quicker, all right... But not quick enough... Well, I simply wanted to stress the fact that you had a bloodline limit, and so in order to have that you needed to have a --
Bloodline! Meaning I had to have a family at some time! Of course...
Yes, and I wanted to find out a bit more about this thing. Do you know what it's called by the way?
I think it's called the Ryoushagan... That's what Sensei told me...
The Ryoushagan... Who knew the Uzumakis had an advanced bloodline limit...
Yeah... It took me by surprise as well.
Hey, sensei?
Yeah?
Can I test something?
Sure, what?
Naruto activated his bloodline limit. Wait... How long will it be before we actually face action?
About a week.
Will you recover from using the Mengekyuou by then?
I don't see why not.
Can you activate it but not use it? I want to see something.
... Sure, but I want a full explanation after this...
Naruto nodded.
Kakashi revealed his sharingan, but his stats remained the same as before. Then, he activated the Mengekyou.
Kakashi
Threat level  10...
That was the only change. Holy shoot! That means this thing doesn't actually find the end threat level! Meaning... Anyone can hide their true potential... O boy... Well, at least I'll be able to see it if they change.
He then sat down and explained the statistics tho Kakashi.
And you're saying you don't know why...
Yeah... I really don't know...
Kakashi thought for a bit. Are you sure I'm only a threat level of ten?
Sensei!
Sorry... It just kinda bummed me out... Well, in either case, I don't know either.
After that they kept talking about battle tactics, strategies, and famous ninja fights.
So? TenTen asked.
So what? Hinata said. Her confidence had returned soon after Naruto's confession, and she felt great because she would get to spend more time with him.
So how is he?
He's fine. He's nice, kind... loving...
TenTen groaned.
Sakura felt strangely uncomfortable. TenTen, I really believe it's none of our business 'how he is.' 
Hinata kept quiet.
TenTen's jaw dropped. Usually Sakura would jump with unmatched enthusiasm at these questions, but today she was acting plain weird!
Things continued downwardly from there. Soon the three girls split up: Hinata obviously went to Naruto; TenTen conversed with their new sensei, but Sakura simply walked behind them wondering.
Well, it's no wonder... After being mean to him all these years... She sighed.
All right peoples! Time to set up camp. We go any further we'll get lost.
They all nodded.
Naruto, you cook.
They all groaned.
Hey, we're going on a shift basis here. TenTen you get the firewood. Sakura and Hinata try and gather some food from the surrounding forest; we won't have enough to make an entire meal. I'll scout ahead for tomorrow's journey. Meet back in an hour.
They all nodded.
Sakura and Hinata left the camp site together.
Well, Sakura-chan? Which direction do you want to go?
I'll go north.
Okay. Hinata said cheefully and went south to gather.
Naruto... You've gone off with your own dreams... Too busy to even think about me... I used to be the center of your life once upon a time... Only now Sasuke's gone off, too... Sakura began getting fruits and berries. She took out a picture of Team 7. Those were the good days... Now I'm stuck... Without a dream... and without anyone... Sakura continued to half heartedly gather food.
They all came back to camp in one hour. TenTen came with firewood and they started a fire. Sakura and Hinata gave their materials to Naruto. Kakashi came and talked about what lied ahead.
Naruto cooked busily but listened.
All right guys. We're continuing on track. If we continue like this, we'll reach an inn by tomorrow, and we'll reach the border by the day after. Then, in a week we'll have reached the sound country. But be careful of this city. While we're inside don't mention anything patriotic because this city is very close to the Sound Country, meaning more spies. Got it?
They all nodded.
All right. But other than that we're going at a pretty good pace.
The camp soon smelled something delicious, and they were starving. They hadn't stopped for lunch and hadn't had breakfast either. Their only meals would be dinner, and so Naruto made a hearty meal.
Kakashi raised an eye brow. Naruto... That doesn't smell like any ramen I've ever had... he said surprised.
I didn't know you had eaten ramen, sensei.
Just because I moderate doesn't mean I haven't eaten it.
Well, in any case your nose is right. It isn't ramen.
All of them (except Hinata,) dropped their jaws. Say what? they all yelled.
Quiet! I mean jeez, do you want everyone to know we're hear? Isn't fire a good enough signal, or you do have to yell it, too. Jeez...
Sakura was suddenly interested. Everyone rushed and ate three servings of everything. Afterwards, everyone lied down.
That was awesome Naruto! Sakura shouted.
Who knew you did cooking? Kakashi said quietly.
You should cook everyday. TenTen commented.
They all went to their respective sleeping bags and crashed.
The moon provided plenty of light despite the fact that it was a thin crescent moon. Naruto sat down and watched the fire dance.
Naruto-kun?
Hey, Hinata. How was the food?
It was great. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.
That's great, but shouldn't you be asleep?
But you're awake.
That's because I am doing the night watch for the next four hours. So go to sleep. he said and kissed her on the cheek. I'll join you soon.
She nodded. The sleeping bag felt empty without him with him in it with her. Nevertheless, she went to bed.
After four hours passed, he went to Sakura. Placing an arm on her, he gently shook her. Sakura... Sakura, wake up. Unconsciously she snuggled with the warmth of his arm. Sakura. he shook her a bit more violently.
She woke with a sudden start.
It's okay, it's just me. It's time for your shift.
Sakura nodded, her eyes still closed.
Naruto chuckled and shook his head. Gently, he placed her head back in the sleeping bag and zipped her up. Going back to the fire, he decided to meditate. After meditating for an hour, he went through all the jutsus he had seen the monks do at the monastery. He had now mastered all of them. However, it was only three-fourths. The remaining one-fourth were the most complex and powerful jutsus. He would have to go back there sometime and master all of them, too.
You're not back yet. a soft voice said.
I know... Sakura was too sleepy, so I'm going her shift for her. You can stay with me if you want. he added seeing her evident sadness. She quickly brought a blanket and snuggled up to him, only to fall asleep.
Once morning came, Naruto woke everyone up.
Stretching, they began on their journey once again. Kakashi spoke to him quietly. Were you up the whole night?
Heh. Yeah, Sakura-chan was too sleepy so I did her shift for her.
That's not good. You could have woken me up. Now you're going to be too sleepy to operate fully.
Naruto shook his head. He had meditated for about five hours  five times the amount to keep him going for a day. I'm fine  never better.\
They continued on for the rest of the five days until they reached the border. Kakashi led the group with Hinata and Naruto right behind him, and the other two girls last. Suddenly, Naruto stopped. He felt unfamiliar chakra signatures. Not to mention fairly powerful ones. There were eight of them. Naruto instantly increased his mental barriers drastically to hid his chakra signature. He couldn't be sensed now. He told his team.
Kakashi nodded. It could be them... but we can't take chances. Besides, if it's really them, Naruto would recognize and stop. But we can't take chances.
They went into battle phase. Kakashi sent Naruto to scout. Naruto activated his bloodline limit. He sensed the eight chakra signatures there. Going forward, he read from his eye:
Temari
Threat level  10
Jutsus: Summon; Cyclone Raze jutsu; Eclipse jutsu
Kankuro
Threat level  9
Jutus: Puppet Revitalize; Summon; Damnation (Puppet Style) no jutsu
Threat level  7
Jutsus: Summon; Puppet Revitalize; Puppet Slash no jutsu
Another puppet user... He has similar jutsus to Kankuro.
Threat level  8
Jutsus: Summon; Desert Grave no jutsu; Ragnarok
Isn't that Gaara's move... Seems like these guys have apprentices or something...
Threat level  11
Jutsus: Indignation trap; Summon; Lightning Rain no jutsu
Someone from under the Raikage? This must be the alliance... I see, we were going to get more people and then attack Orochimaru... That makes more sense. Nevertheless, Naruto wanted to analyze the remaining three people.
Threat level  10
Jutsus: Lightning Assault no jutsu; Rapid Shockwave no jutsu; Summon
Threat level  6
Jutsus: Lightning Assalut no jutsu; Summon; Shockwave no jutsu
Threat level  9
Jutsus: Deadly Lightning Jab no jutsu; Medical ninja; Shockwave no jutsu
This one's clearly an apprentice. Despite his strong urge to go out and meet his long time friends from the sand, he reported to Kakashi first.
Eight people; Temari from the sand  level 10; Kankuro from the sand  level 9; some other sand dude  level 7, I feel this one might be Kankuro's apprentice  the person is also a puppet user; the last sand guy  level 8, he has one of Gaara's moves, he, too, might be a student. Then there's four people from lightning: one guy's a level 11, has the same trap as TenTen; another guy's level 10; the next guy's level 6  he has many of the same jutsus as the level 10 guy, making me believe he is also an apprentice; and lastly a level 9 dude  this dude's a medic.
Kakashi was amazed. There were five out of eight people who either equaled him without Mengekyuou or were stronger than he. However, Konoha had two medical ninjas  Hinata and Sakura.
Sensei, I'm guessing these are the guys we're going to be allying with?
How'd you know.
Once I know someone, my eyes will record it  so I'll recognize them no matter what. I saw Kankuro and Temari, and so I could figure it out.
Kakashi nodded. Yes, we are. So, let's give them a welcome.
Can I give it to them my style?
All right.
Yes! and Naruto poofed away.
Naruto appeared behind Temari.
Sensei! Look out! Ragnarok no jutsu!
Naruto's eyes recorded it, and he simply dodged.
Damn it! Gust no jutsu! Temari simply said.
However, the attack simply phased through Naruto. Naruto's eyes recorded this, too. Genjutsu. You couldn't recognize it?
Who the hell are you?
I'm one of the guys from the leaf. I'm going to be allying with you.
Wait... This little brat... I've seen him before... Damn it... The Chuunin exams! Kankuro exclaimed. That's where I saw you! You were that annoying brat...
Naruto? Temari exclaimed.
Naruto laughed. Finally! Got you guys pretty good, huh?
You little brat! I'm going to pound the hell out of you!
Naruto laughed more and more. Soon, he came out of the bushed.  'Sup Temari, Kankuro. Temari stared at Naruto. He was looking hell hot! No more like that short little twerp they knew long ago.
Yes, I know I'm very beautiful, but can you not stare?
Temari came back to reality. Sorry, she said.
Kidding! Jeez, take a joke. He turned the younger children. So? Who are you dudes... and dudett. he added seeing the girl.
I'm Rin. I'm Kazekage-sama's student.
Naruto raised his eyebrows. Gaara took this little girl as his --
I'm not little! I'm... compact...
Of course you are. And you? he turned facing the boy. I'm guessing you're puppet boy's student, right?
Kankuro-sensei is not a puppet boy!
Kankuro-sensei?
Shut up. You may look different but you're still the same pathetic guy in battle.
And yet I was able to fool you all, huh.
Before they could answer Naruto's team had reached. They all got acquainted, and Naruto went off to greet the other four.
There were two boys and two girls. The woman was the level 11, and the man was the level 10. The other boy was level 6, and the other girl was level 9. Naruto walked up to them.
You... You're from the leaf, correct? the woman said.
Naruto decided to put on his serious face for this prank. Yes... Perhaps I am... Naruto took out his kunai.
The younger boy immediately shouted, LIGHTNING ASSAULT NO JUTSU! A long electric spear was sent at him. Naruto barely managed to dodge it.
Yashi! Don't be so hasty. He may seem to have a low amount of chakra, but it is a trick. Don't jump in so early.
Naruto's eyes recorded this. Naruto knew he was clearly outmatched, but he decided to have a little fun anyways. He came up right behind the boy and kicked him. The adults didn't seem to be getting into the fight at all. They simply watched, apparently allowing their pupils to learn.
The boy was now scared. Naruto beat him up just a bit, about two or three blows, just to scare the hell out of him. Then he dropped dead and began laughing. He couldn't help it; the boy had a terrified expression on his face, and he was sweating tremendously. It was hilarious. HAHAHAHA! I GOT YOU SO BADLY! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE! IT WAS LIKE 'ah! help me!' HAHAHAHA!
What the hell is going on here? the younger girl shouted. This is not funny!
HAHAHA!
Myoko, calm down. He's not going to hurt us. the leader said.
Naruto stood up. What gave it away?
It wasn't your fault, really. You were going a splendid act. the man said.
But as soon as I saw Kakashi, I knew it was a hoax.
He turned behind to find his sensei and wilted. Sensei! Why'd you have to go and ruin it! I was scaring the hell out of him! Come on! Jeez, you're no fun, you know that.
I came because we have more important things to do that stupid pranks. Anyways, let's go. The sand have arrived as well. The rest of my team is with them. he said to the adults.
Agreed. the lady nodded.
They boy and the girl walked up to a smiling Naruto. Naruto put out his hand. Hey, I'm Naruto.
You are so mean! What did you think you were doing! If were weren't allies I would beat the crap out of you! the girl said.
Jeez she's just like Sakura! Medical nin, anger management problems... My God! he said turning to Kakashi.
Well, it's good we have another medical ninja, even if he's patheticly trained by Rain... Kakashi commented.
The boy rolled up his sleeves.
Oh, please. Stop acting all tough. Where was your guts a minute ago? and Naruto went back to his team.
Hey peoples! What's up? Naruto cheerfully said.
Is he always like this? Temari asked Kakashi.
Yeah, pretty much.
Kakashi sensei why didn't you tell us we'd be teaming up?
Kakashi shrugged. Guess it slipped my mind.
IT WHAT? TenTen and Sakura screamed.
Guys, the odds that we'd be faced against someone was rather high; if sensei didn't tell us anything, then no matter what genjutsu they use on us, no information regarding the plan would be leaked. The only person who would have the information would be sensei, who has a smaller chance of getting caught than we do. That's why. Naruto said.
So you have grown sharper, Naruto...
Oh... they both said.
The sand boy sighed. Are all leaf stupid or something?
Please don't insult the leaf ever again. Naruto said in a deadly quiet voice.
There was an uncomfortable silence after that.
Okay, Kakashi said breaking the silence. we need plans. Us three will make plans, and we'll all leave tomorrow. You guys just... I dunno, hang out or something.
What? What are we supposed to do?
I dunno. Meditate like Naruto, I guess.
They all looked at Naruto. Indeed he was meditating.
Why are all your students wierdos, Kakashi?
Kakashi raised an eyebrow.
Sorry, I forgot, how silly of me. You're the lord of all weirdos, so of course they'd be, too.
And this is coming from the Rotund Majesty of Fitness, eh?
All except for Naruto went into a group.
Hey! Why don't we make a tournament?
They all seemed to agree when suddenly the level 10 lightning ninja pointed out, We can't. We're four days away from breaching Orochimaru's fortress. I we get hurt, then we're all screwed.
There was a murmer of agreement.
Well, I guess all we can do is get to know each other better. Sakura said.
Yeah, I suppose so.
HEY NARUTO! GET YOUR FAT @$$ OVER HERE!
Grumbling, Naruto got up and came. Now what?
We're getting to know each other better.
Okay, well, I'm Uzumaki Naruto; the things I like most are Hinata and ramen; my dream is to become Hokage someday! Who's next.
What the hell is Hinata?
Who's Hinata. Naruto corrected. He hugged her. Say hi!
Hi, I'm Hyuuga Hinata. I like Naruto-kun. At this she giggled a bit. My dream is to be with him, and to lead my clan... someday.
Kay, I'm Sakura. I like beating the crap out of Naruto when he does something stupid, and my dream is to be the greatest medical ninja ever.
My name is Kankuro. I like beating the crap out of... everyone in battle. My dream is to be the greatest puppeteer ever.
My name is Rin. I like being a ninja, and my dream is to make Kazekage sama happy. Someone's got a crush... Naruto thought.
My name's Horace. I like chips, and... I don't really have a dream, I guess.
My name's TenTen. I like my weapons, and... I've already accomplished my dream. she smiled.
Getting Neiji to kiss you? Naruto asked.
She nodded.
They all burst out laughing at this.
My name's Yashi. I like to kick this Naruto's @$$, but before that, I liked my teammates. I don't want to say my dream.
Man... How many people hate me! Looks like I won't be able to have a moment's peace... or I might die... or worse  I won't be able to eat ramen!
They all burst out laughing.
Yashi got really pissed off. He wanted to scare the hell out of Naruto, who made a fool out of him, but instead he got tunred into the fool... again...
My name's Mithos. author's note: I take no credit for this name whatsoever... yeah... I like to watch my students grow up and become mature, and I like being a jounin teacher. My dream is to be the greatest teacher I can.
He's a nice guy... Naruto thought.
M-My name's Heather... I-I like my teammates, and I want to be a great doctor so I can h-help people.
She has a crush on him... Naruto marveled as to how she put it the exact words in a subtle manner. Come on Heather! You're a great doctor! Be self-confident!
How would you know? You've just met her. Yashi said.
The doctor is supposed to cure a person, right?
They all nodded.
Well, he has to do that  all doctors can, and so it isn't a big deal. But the great thing about a doctor, is that you come in with all your problems, your stomach ache, you broken bones whatever  but you leave that place, with a smile. That's what makes the difference between a good doctor, and a great one. A great doctor has a smile on, has a good atmosphere, and makes you feel at home. Heck, I feel pretty comfortable with Heather around! And so, that's why I'm sure she's a great doctor. Any doctor can cure a patient  but very few can make the patient feel good. And that's something that can't be taught. Once you've got that, heck you can rock out every other doctor out there. So go and get em Heather!
Heather smiled. Th-Thank you, Naruto-san
Heck you can call me Naruto! None of this formality crap about the whole -san, -sama stuff.
They all felt comfortable with him after that.
I trust him... He's a cool guy... Ran through all of their minds. They all retired for the night.
They all gathered in front of the jounin leaders: Kakashi, Rin, and Temari.
We're very near the Sound Border now. From here on out, we'll have to switch to stealth mode. Naruto, please organize us in order of strength.
Naruto complied. Okay, from strongest to... not strongest. They all smiled. Kakashi-sensei and Rain-san.
Hypocrite. You said you didn't care about the endings. Yashi said.
What is his problem? Everyone thought.
But Naruto smiled. Yes, I didn't care about it. Nevertheless, I cannot deny the respect of someone else. I can make a choice for you to call me something, and that is my personal choice. However, I cannot intrude on someone else's rights and deny their respect. he said coolly.
INNER SAKURA: YEAH NARUTO SERVED YOU, YOU BASTARD!
Anyways, Kakashi-sensei and Rain-san tied at the top. They stood side by side. Next, Temari-san and Mithos-san tied. They, too, went side by side behind Kakashi and Rain. Everyone began getting tense. It was the first time their strength was being evaluated in front of their friends. After that comes Kankuro-san and Heather. See, Heather, you're pretty strong! Kankuro shrugged and got in line. Heather was beaming. Followed by Rin! Rin alone stood behind now. Then, Sakura-chan and Horace-san. Wooh! Go Sakura-chan! The two took their place. Then comes Yashi and TenTen. Yashi was gripping his knuckled. What the hell! I'm not behind all these weaklings! Who the hell are you  a pathetic leaf  to tell me how strong I am! I'm not behind Heather! Sakura? I'm losing to these pathetic imbeciles?
Uh oh... Kakashi thought.
The groups stared at Naruto and Yashi. Naruto suddenly radiated with chakra. They were amazed at how much was gushing out. Instantly, before most of them could even see a flicker, Naruto was behind Yashi with a kunai at this throat. Yashi's body paralyzed, most chakra had disappeared from his body, and he had barely any energy. He simply stood there, a limp body. Naruto's hand was shaking violently.
Naruto, easy. Kakashi said. Despite the fact that he's a fracking bastard, he's still useful; and you know this. After we finish the mission, you can kill him. Seriously.
Rain glared at Kakashi. Kakashi whispered, It's just to calm him down. Once he's himself again, he won't kill him.
Relaxing himself, Naruto took a deep breath and calmed down. He stood in front of Yashi and slowly released all seven seals he placed on him. I'm sorry, Yashi. I shouldn't have lost my temper... Turning to everyone, he said, I'm sorry, to everyone... I know... My actions were immature... Getting a hold of himself, Naruto said, Yashi, please take your place.
Tears were in Heather's eyes.
Then comes Hinata. Hinata took her place. Walking behind her, he said, And finally me. That's the order. Kakashi wrote this down and went with the three jounin to formulate a plan.
Naruto... Kakashi sighed. You've got to be one of the nicest guys I've ever met.
To be able to forgive in such a situation... Dear Kami-sama...
Heather ran off with tears in her eyes.
Naruto told Hinata and went to Heather. She was sitting below a tree, crying.
I could understand alone time, but bit far away from camp, isn't it? Naruto said with a smile.
She got up and wiped her tears. S-Sorry... I'll go back.
Then again, letting your emotions out isn't too bad either. Sorry about making breakfast so bad; I didn't know you would cry... just thought everyone would like sushi...
Naruto it isn't --
I know, I'm joking. Look, let's sit down and talk.
She quietly nodded and sat down.
About this guys  Yashi.
Her face immediately paled at this. Naruto I --
Calm down, you can trust me. I know, you love him. And he's fine, I didn't hurt him... too badly... he chuckled.
She remained silent.
Heather, do you love him? he asked looking into her own blue eyes.
I... I think so...
Naruto chuckled and looked up, leaning against the tree. Funny thing about love... You don't really know what it is, and no one can teach it to you. Worst of all, love is different for everyone  I am not the same to Hinata as Yashi would be to you... Everyone shows and expresses their love differently... Worst thing is, you don't really know what's love, until you're already in it... It's so damn hard to understand. He said looking at her and smiling.
But I --
Now I'm not saying you don't love him... Because I know you do. But the thing is, I had no family. Or at least I never knew them. And to me, my teammates and my friends have become my family... And so, I love Sakura-chan... I love her as a sister, and as a friend... I love Kakashi-sensei, and I love Hinata. Similarly, I'm sure you do love Yashi... But do you really want to spend the rest of your life with him? Do you really want to share every emotion and feeling and thought you have with him? Do you trust him enough, and does he make you feel comfortable? I, too, had a childhood crush... he smiled now. It was none other than Sakura-chan!
Sakura-chan? her jaw dropped.
Yup... Man, I used to think she was the greatest... So hot, so pretty, so wanted... But in fact, I never used to talk to her... I never could... And despite the fact that I wanted to be in love with her, I had to realize that I wasn't... And that hurt me more than anything... I wanted to lover her so much... I felt like I needed her  but that's just the thing; I didn't... But I do need Hinata... And love will make it like that. I can't really say if you love Yashi or not  all I can do is give you guidelines... But if you really do love him, then go to him this very minute... He's crying; he just took a severe blow to his pride, and that's for anyone... He could use a kind friend to help him... So if you do love him, then go. Remember, love is never a choice. You never get to choose who you fall in love with; it just happens... I chose to crush over Sakura, and it turned out devastating... But that's a realization you have to come to. He looked at her, patted her on the back, and got up. Smiling at her, he said, Good luck. and he left.
Heather sat there, thinking, wondering, about this strange, strange thing called love.
Above them, Kakashi and Rain sat there watching.
... He's a good guys, that Naruto... Rain finally said.
Kakashi nodded.
He almost has a strange powers to make you trust himm.
That he does... Kakashi agreed.
Returning to Hinata, he explained what he said. For his efforts, he received a kiss on the cheek. Nauto smiled. You think she'll make the right choice?
I hope so...
He and Hinata sat next to each other watching the sunset and simply talked. They hadn't spent time like this in about a week, and for them, it seemed an eternity. Both enjoyed it, and the happiness was broken by the fact that it was Naruto's turn to do the shift. Because there were so many people, three people were required to watch: Rain, Naruto, and Temari.
The three sat around the fire, and Naruto had Hinata in his lap soundly asleep. He had his arms wrapped around her, and she, naturally, had a smile on her face.
You always have some girl with you when you sleep? Rain asked.
Well, I'm sure you'd have someone with you if you got the guts to tell Kakashi-sensei how you feel.
At this she remained silent for a while. How'd you know?
Naruto shrugged. It's more obvious than you think.
... You think he feels the same?
I can't say... Kakashi-sensei is one of the few people who can hide their emotions well. He only reveals his emotions on the most dire missions But it's a risk you, and only you will have to take. Besides, he's remained single all these years for a reason. But, hey, not my life.
Moving on... Temari said, bored.
Naruto shrugged, kept his chin on Hinata's head, and closed his eyes.
Don't fall asleep! Temari said.
I'm not...
Naruto, you really think he likes me?
I don't know!
When should I tell him?
Jeez people's love lives these days! You're the sensei! Don't ask me. and with that he turned to Temari. How's Gaara-san?
He's well. The country has gone up in economy and status since he took over.
Naruto nodded. Good...
But he has a huge fan club now... I barely get to see him anymore...
Naruto chuckled. I'm sure any kage would, right? I mean, they're the leaders. A lot of people admire them.
She nodded.
Suddenly, they all sensed something.
Naruto activated his Ryoushagan. Go and wake everyone. he whispered to Temari. She quickly went, and he and Rain went into battle stance.
Lightning imprisonment jutsu. they both said.
You know it? Rain asked.
Naruto shrugged. Guess so. Sound Nullification Barrier no jutsu.
What does that do?
They're sound ninjas. They manipulate sound. Now they can't do that.
Soon everyone was awake.
Naruto. Status?
Naruto looked:
Threat level  9
Jutsus: Sonic Pulse no jutsu; Sonic Wave no jutsu; Sound Barrier no jutsu
Threat level  11
Jutsus: Medical ninja; Sonic Thrust no jutsu; Impact Barrier no jutsu
Two of them. One Kankuro-san's level; another Rain-san and your level, sensei.
Not too tough then.
May be, but the fact that Orochimaru sent them all the way to the border to scan means something... Mithos pointed out.
No, we can't let them go. They weren't meant to kill us, only as a confirmation. I'm guessing they're fast. We have to kill quickly. Let's go. Kakashi said.
Let's go. Rain said.
They set out after the sound ninjas in groups of two so they wouldn't hear them, and so the chakra signatures would be distributed. Sakura went below and made a fake direct confrontation. Meanwhile, Naruto was preparing a one time finisher. Also, he wanted to study them; if he learned sound moves, it would help greatly.
His eye recorded the Sonic Pulse jutsu as well as the Sonic Rush jutsu. Then, he decided, it was time to end this. He quickly made a shadow clone and came after them. One of the two made an Impact Barrier  a barrier was made and Naruto couldn't get in. Naruto recorded this. Kakashi broke through with a chidori followed by rain who used Lightning jab to kill one. Soon after, Temari came and used her summoning inside the dome shaped barrier to cause a huge gust. Luckily, the air only came out of the whole, and much was retained. The sound ninja died, and luckily no one noticed the reduced cyclone caused by Temari.
Coming back, they all went back to their shifts. Hinata fell asleep on Naruto again and they spent time talking.
I didn't think it'd be so soon. Naruto said.
Yeah, we just got into the border. Temari agreed.
Perhaps... But it was just a reconnaissance mission after all. And now that they're not coming back, he'll know for sure. Rain said.
Yeah... But at least it will have delayed him a bit from getting the news  he won't know if they died or they're late. Naruto commented. Seeing the sun, he kissed Hinata on the cheek and woke her up. They all got a move on. From here on out, they knew it would be more and more risky.
We're going out in teams of two and three, got it. We have to hide our chakra signatures. We'll meet in Orochimaru's place. with that, Kakashi handed them all directions.
Naruto  Hinata, and Sakura.
Kakashi  Heather
Rain  Horace
Temari  Kankuro, and Yashi
Mithos  Rin

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment