Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - True Power

Naruto goes with Jiraiya for 3 years and comes back stronger, mature and taller!^-^

[NaruHina] If you don't like the pairing, don't bother reading.

Chapter 14 - True Power

Chapter 14 - True Power
Chapter 14: True Power
Rin, go tell the others. Kakashi said.
Rin nodded and soon desappeared.
Naruto went inside inside his mind. Numerous chains appeared. Naruto appeared emotionless, but instantaneously all the chains crumbled. Naruto didn't break his mental barriers; he obliterated them. However, he didn't waste time showing off and flaring his chakra. He didn't even go for Orochimaru. He would leave Yashi, for that wasn't his business; it was Heather's... No, his business was Sasuke, and this time, he would win...
Naruto made a shadow clone which was behind Sasuke and pretended to do a jutsu slowly. But Sasuke wasn't fooled. He knocked out the shadow clone.
Naruto! Stop fighting by yourself and work as a team! We all want Sasuke back just as much as you do, but that can't happen without teamwork!
Just then the lightning team came.
Yashi? No, no! It can't be! Yashi were you --
With Orochimaru the whole time? Of course. He promised I would become more powerful... Power you simpletons would never achieve with your simple training methods... No, I needed real power.
You forsake everyone you know and love for power? You give up your emotions? You give up what it means to be human? All for the sake of power? Rain asked.
Yes.
Yashi! Please! Don't do this  don't... Don't...
Don't what? Don't stay with you on this stupid team doing C class missions? Getting beaten up by the sensei every time like the stupid bell test? Stay with a stupid country like Lightning? Be led by a damn old man who loves peace? Be friends with pathetic Lea --
Naruto didn't hold back this time. Enough was enough. SHE LOVED YOU DAMN IT! YOU SELFISH frackED UP BASTARD! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOURSELF! YOU AND SASUKE BOTH! SASUKE  YOU DITCHED YOUR ONLY FAMILY FOR POWER! FOR WHAT? TO AVENGE YOUR FAMILY! FAMILY DOESN'T MEAN BLOOD RELATIVES, DAMN IT! MY FRIENDS, KAKASHI-SENSEI, AND YOU! YOU'RE MY FAMILY! AND WE WERE YOURS... AND YOU KILLED IT... YOU KILLED US! ALL THE FUN, ALL THE FRIENDSHIP... YOU KIILLED IT FOR POWER! YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT THAN ITACHI! I DON'T SEE ANY DIFFERENCE! NOT JUST EMOTIONALLY, BUT PHYSICALLY! LOOK AT YOU, SASUKE!
Sasuke's hair was longer  he hadn't cut it; he didn't care, all he wanted was to train. It was shorter than Itachi's, but it was in a ponytail nevertheless. He work a cloak to avoid being noticed when performing his jutsus  it was a black cloak which he liked because it matched his personality. He had the same red eyes. The only thing that was missing was the Mengekyou.
I've... I've had enough, Sasuke. You don't to come bac, right? I tried to hope, tried to pray... But I kept putting my family in danger every time I went out hunting for you. You... You're no longer part of my family... Uchiha Sasuke died the day he left the leaf... The day he gave up being human... The day... The day he killed his family. You're not Sasuke... Today, I aim not to kill you, not to bring you back, not even to kill Orochimaru... No, today, I have no vengeance in my heart. Dreams will always collide... No matter what because people are not all alike... And it's time I grow up and accept that... No, today, I fight to protect my family.'
Could you have made a cornier speech? Kabuto said.
At that instant Naruto poofed away.
shoot! It was a shadow clone! The speech was a distraction! He had just enough time to gather chakra to shield himself when a Naruto came behind him  not to get him, but to get Yashi.
Yashi died at the instant the rasengan connected.
His team was crying, but they were angry as well.
At the horizon, the rest of Orochimaru's squad  twenty others came. But Naruto had seen them coming from far off. They made numerous jutsus, but none of them seemed to work. Finally, Naruto made his explosive clone at the far end, killing fifteen. The others managed to get to close range, and Naruto knew he couldn't afford another such clone.
They broke off into teams: The Sand team minus Rin went after Kabuto; the lightning team, having less members, went after the incoming sound ninja. Rin and the leaf team went after Orochimaru and Sasuke. Naturally, Orochimaru was guarding Sasuke.
Itachi, it seems they have reached Orochimaru... Sasori reported.
Indeed...
Not good... If Orochimaru kills the boy now, there's no chance. We need to save the kid. Plus, I sense he's been poisoned by the Manda... shoot... Looks like a little intervention would be necessary. Plus, you could sneak in some brotherly love while we're there. Kisame joked.
Itachi, you're the third strongest of all of us. Only the leader and Rukori. Deidara commented.
Itachi remained silent.
Meaning you'll have to train the kid... After all, from what you've told us, he's no longer a jinchuuriki, is he. Deidara finished.
Let's go. Itachi said laconically. Before Tobi notices the deaths.
They all nodded and left.
Rain paralyzed one of the five, but it was only an illusion. The real one came from behind, but, luckily, Mithos managed to save her by kicking the ninja away. Right after, however, three came onto them. One was sent off by Heather's Shockwave jutsu, but the other two landed direct hits. Rain and Mithos were sent flying back. They managed to land on their feet only to find another one coming after them. Sensing it was genjutsu, Rain rushed past the image to protect Heather.
Three people were on Heather, and right before they landed a blow to the head, Rain blocked it and used Lightning Shockwave jutsu to send them all flying. Meanwhile, Mithos was fighting a losing battle; two on one, the sound ninjas were doing pretty good. Rain set up Indignation while she had time, and caught three of the five in it. However, the sound ninjas didn't care for their comrades  they went for Heather. Heather, on the other hand, was, as Rain had instructed, running as fast as she could away from the colossal trap. The sound approached her from the side. As they came at her, a body suddenly came in front of her. A kunai appeared in one of the sound nin's heart, but a hand came through the body in front of her. Her body was in a daze  she had seen blood before, but never to this extreme. Blood gushed out like a fountain from hell. Everywhere around her there was blood; and then the worst news registered. That body in front of her... was Mithos. It was the first time she had seen her comrade die, and she wasn't taking it too well. She fell down, sobbing incoherently. Soon after, another body appeared beside her. It was Rain holding a the dead sound ninja. Both of them sat down, dead tired, and so, so sad. Rain had seen her own friends die before, but her student hadn't. She knew how to handle it, but her student didn't; and that was why she felt sorry. She knew that this mission would be dangerous, but she hadn't mentally prepared her students. She had failed as a teacher  and thinking about Mithos made her more guilty. Mithos had idolized her as the greatest teacher ever... He had wanted to be just like her, and, yet, here she was, in a losing battle, losing the trust that her teammate had put in her.
Meanwhile, the sand team was having it real easy. Kabuto was level 12, yes, but Temari, level 10, Kankuro, level 9, and Horace, level 7 could easily take him, one person, on. Temari summoned and caused a cyclone, causing him into a defensive state and blinding him with all the dust that arose. While he remained like that, Kankuro and Horace set off to kill him. The storm lasted quite a while, giving them ample time to prepare any chakra necessary. Before the storm died, Kankuro and Horace launched their attack. A box surrounded Kabuto; then, their puppets combined, launched electrically charged knives and blades into it  making sure not to hit vital spots. Kabuto would be trapped there, using up chakra to heal for a limited time, but as soon as it ran out, he would die a slow, painful death from blood loss. And the best part was, according to Kankuro, he would be awake to the very end because of the electric shocks. They stayed there, until the end, watching him die. Finally, they turned to go and help their allies.
In another corner, Orochimaru and Sasuke were doing fairly all right, as was the leaf nins plus Rin. They had split into two teams in themselves: Kakashi, Sakura, Rin, and Hinata against Orochimaru, and Naruto against Sasuke. (Naruto wanted it this way, and Orochimaru was much stronger.)
Naruto faced Sasuke; they were fairly deserted from everyone else. Naruto used his shadow transportation jutsu to come behind Sasuke and kick him; however, Sasuke saw this coming and barely dodged. Naruto was much faster than Sasuke at using jutsus and taijutsu, but Sasuke was stronger at taijutsu and was much more experienced at genjutsu  though Naruto knew how to block basic ones.
Sasuke didn't waste anytime this time. He immediately activate the curse seal to level two. Strangely, Naruto's thigh began throbbing incredibly. But Naruto simply put a mental barrier on his touch sense in his thigh to seal away the pain. Naruto and Sasuke exchanged a couple blows, but Naruto instantly realized that there was no point using taijutsu against Sasuke.
Making a shadow clone, Naruto approached Sasuke to 'exchange a couple more taijutsu sequences.' But Sasuke realized it was only a clone, killed it, and began using genjutsu to get Naruto.
Sleeping Poison (Genjutsu) Level 3/3  puts user in paralysis state so it appears as if one is sleeping; very strong, very effective; takes little chakra; nearly impossible to dodge; inflicting pain on one's self will awaken.
His eye read. Naruto released the mental barrier in his thigh revealing a tidal wave of pain. Naruto panted due to the pain. As he got away from Sasuke, the pain decreased. What the hell? But Naruto wasn't going to run. He came from behind Sasuke with an odamma rasengan to get him, but it turned out to be only a genjutsu. The real Sasuke came and attacked Naruto, but 'Naruto' was only a shadow clone. Naruto came from behind and kicked, but Sasuke dodged and attacked Naruto with a kunai. Naruto used his absolute defense and repelled the kunai, but the pant leg was torn off completely knee down. Sasuke was knocked back.
What the hell was that? His chakra repelled it? He has an absolute defense! That means I can only get him with genjutsu... shoot... Sasuke's arm was hurt with his own kunai. Quickly, he set his sharingan in motion.
Sharingan (genjutsu) level 2/3  chakra fusion  puts target in a state of nullified chakra; very effective; extremely powerful; takes up a lot of chakra; success rate average
His eyes scanned. As the genjutsu was activated, Naruto flared his chakra to full and cut it off completely so as to break away from the genjutsu. Sasuke froze in curiosity and wonder. He had felt something while Naruto flared his chakra  after all, both of their chakras had mixed in the event, and Sasuke had felt something he hadn't felt in too many people other than himself. He had sensed a dark, dark evil  darker than his own, in fact... The evil he had received from Orochimaru was nothing compared to this.
He has... The Manda struck him, I see... Unbelievable. Sasuke smirked. There was the victory; the pain Naruto's new curse would cause him would rid him of his life. Good bye, Naruto. Sasuke scrutinized Naruto with his sharingan; he was leaning to the left, meaning his left foot was injured because he didn't want to put pressure on it. It was just barely, but Sasuke still saw it. Sasuke targeted his curse seal's powers towards that leg. Naruto scramed in pain. Inside his mind, all he could see were his worst nightmares coming true; his mind was filled with hot, searing pain, and Naruto fell to the ground.
So, this ends the great Naruto, eh? Pathetic...
Naruto suddenly got up  one thing, and one thing alone was driving him now: I have to protect my family... I have to protect my family... I have to protect my family... He recited it like a mantra, over and over in his mind to remind himself of why he fought. Suddenly, adrenaline rushed to his body. He rushed at Sasuke, using Katon, Sasuke's own jutsus. Sasuke dodged, but Naruto kept coming; move after move, hit after hit, Naruto kept throwing at Sasuke  and the more Sasuke activated his curse seal, the more Naruto fought back.
How can he fight like this? I've never seen him like this... He was nearly out of chakra when he started the match, and, yet, here he is using more chakra in one blow that I have used so far in this entire fight!
Naruto used every powerful jutsu he learned from the monks, and he noticed Sasuke was getting tired; Sasuke's dodges were getting more close shaved; his hits were getting choppy, and he wasn't noticing everything, anymore. But Naruto just kept going. In fact, his blows increased.
Naruto jumped at Sasuke with a rasengan in his hands. Sasuke was dead tired by now, but he forced himself to dodge.
Naruto... How the hell can you keep this up?... It's inhuman!
Naruto landed a blow to Sasuke's stomach. It's because I'm human that I can do this... You, who have ridden yourself of all emotions but anger and lust for power, you cannot win this... It is my emotions that drive me to do this  the love for my friends, my anger at Orochimaru, my determination to win... If I didn't have these... There was no way I would be standing right now. He landed a rasengan into Sasuke's stomach. You wanted to know what power was, Sasuke? True power is what allows me to protect my friends... True power is the ablitiy to stand up in a losing battle and believe... and hope.. and win... That's what true power is! You, who've ditched everything looking for power, will never find it... You want to see what true power can do? I'LL SHOW YOU! Naruto began making seals very rapidly. This would most likely almost kill him  it took a huge amount of chakra.
Naruto pinned Sasuke down with another rasengan and looked at him in the eye one last time. Naruto looked at Sasuke. On the surface, he saw feare, anger, and frustration. Going deeper, he saw those things subside, and he saw a strange peace that he never saw in Sasuke before. Going deeper, the peace increased so much that it enveloped him, and, soon, he saw happiness... satisfaction... and gratitude... Sasuke's eyes radiated with this emotion inside so much... It was a real pity that Sasuke, being consumed by his outer emotions, didn't realize this sanctity inside him... Perhaps that would have stopped him from going off to Orochimaru... Perhaps that would have made him feel like his mission in life was complete... Perhaps that would have revived Sasuke as a human... But Sasuke made a choice to go with anger, and such choices have consequences.
Sasuke stared into Naruto's eyes, afraid, angry, and frustrated. Soon, he calmed down... and almost meditated... He felt a strange calmness which brought him warmth and happiness. Sasuke mentally shivered; he wasn't accustomed to this... but he soon grew into it... and actually liked it. He felt happy... Something he hadn't felt in a long time. Looking into his would-be-killer's eyes, Sasuke saw not vengeance, not anger, and not satisfaction. Sasuke saw a friend, trying to reach out to him  trying so hard, and, yet, realizing his duty. Sasuke saw the very same Naruto he had known for so long, looking at him with pity. Sasuke had always shook his head at Naruto, pitying his idiocy, laughing at him, teasing him, and putting him down. And, yet, after all of that, that very same Naruto know stood before him, offering pity, and giving him forgiveness.
Naruto... I'm sorry...
Naruto sighed. I'm sorry, too... Sasuke... MENGEKYUOU SHARINGAN... Sasuke realized what this was, but he openly fell into it  literally embracing death... Embracing his victory against Orochimaru... No, Orochimaru would never have his body now.
... Brother...
Naruto took Sasuke's body and carried it to where his team was fightning.
Meanwhile, Kakashi and the others were facing Orochimaru.
You thought you could beat me before, Kakashi. What makes you think so now?
Yes, I can't beat you... But we can. I have a team now.
What, some chuunin and you are a team? My, my...
It had been a distraction. Sakura came at him from behind to plow him down, but Orochimaru simply activated the seal behind him  knocking her back. Kakashi knew he had to stall in order for Rin to activate Gaara's move. Although she had learned it to the highest level, she still couldn't do it as fast as Gaara. While she was charging her chakra, Kakashi ran at him with a chidori. Out of Orochimaru's mouth came a huge sword that pierced Kakashi, but 'Kakashi' had been a shadow clone. Hinata looked at her opponent and realized it with the help of her byakungan.
That Orochimaru's a fake! It's not his real body! she yelled.
They all looked around, wondering where on earth the real Orochimaru could be  but it was too late. The fake Orochimaru activated a seal which spewed tiny, leech-like snakes out of his mouth. The creatures rushed towards Rin. But Rin managed it just in time.
DESERT GRAVE!
Out of the earth, she accumulated a huge amount of thick, rock-like sand which encased the fake Orochimaru; it crushed him and destroyed all the seals that was around the body. Sakura had managed to destroy the snakes before they reached Rin. Meanwhile, Kakashi and Hinata were looking around for the real Orochimaru.
shoot... This isn't good. If we can't find him, who knows what's in store for us... Kakashi thought, but right then he saw a blur. A huge snake rushed towards his hear. Kakashi tried to duck to dodge it, but he couldn't react it time  it hit him on the shoulder spraying blood everywhere and injecting the poison into his bloodstream. Looking up, he saw Orochimaru standing there with the snake coming out of his arm, smiling.
Well, Kakashi, I can't let that girl cure you, now can I? No, looks like you'll have to die. Seeing Kakashi's eyes widen, he quickly added, Oh, no! Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. I don't have to. No, the poison will do its job. It'll kill you... But... Perhaps not in the way you might think. Good luck  you'll need it. and with that, he activated a seal which transported Kakashi away from the battle. Reappearing, he saw dead bodies all around him. He soon realized he was in the other end of the battle field from which Orochimaru's men had come. shoot... I can only hope that they saw him... he thought as he fell into subconsciousness.
Orochimaru's somewhere over there! He did something to Kakashi-sensei! Hinata informed. They three of them huddled together. Where is TenTen-chan? Hinata wondered.
Suddenly, a scream appeared  not a human scream, but a sort of shriek combined with a growl. Then, a girl came next to them. It was TenTen.
Guys, I finished setting up the Indignation, and it seems to have taken its toll. Orochimaru's snake is gone... Now we only have to deal with him... I hope.
They felt a little relieved that she was all right, but they were still dead nervous. They huddled together, Hinata scanning, TenTen setting up traps, Sakura healing everyone, and Rin gathering chakra for defense..
Damn it... Naruto had been running purely on adrenaline... And Sasuke's body was getting really heavy. He dropped Sasuke down and decided to make a grave for him. Using a jutsu, he made a golden/amber box in which he placed Sasuke's body in. Sasuke's body wouldn't rot there  the jutsu made of it. Then, making a seal, he transported it the area where he and Naruto fought. He decided to finish the grave later once he got back to Konoha  his friends needed him now, but he was out of chakra. Forcing himself, he limped back to where Orochimaru was. As he got there, the pain in his legs increased more and more. shoot! He only hoped he could make it there in time...
Rain got up. Come one, Heather... It's time we avenge Mithos...
Heather, too, got up. But this time, she wasn't the same old nice girl. For the first time there was fire in her eyes; there was passion. Now, Heather had a reason to fight, and that would take her all the way..
Come on. Let's go get snake bastar. Temari said.
Kankuro and Horace grunted and followed her.
Orochimaru's head extended and went for the girls; however, TenTen's trap was set into motion. All her weapons were sent after Orochimaru. Orochimaru chuckled to himself. They thought they could get me with such a basic trap? Demonic Reversal! All the weapons flew back at the girls  but they never connected. Temari stood there with all the weapons neatly aligned on the ground in front of her. Kankuro and Horace stood beside her, smiling. The leaf team and Rin sighed. Rin smiled  her team was back; now, the fight would get going.
But that was just a clone; the real Orochimaru came from behind and knocked out Sakura and Hinata instantly. Good bye medical ninjas. Then, he disappeared once again. Orochimaru's style was very much like a snake; he would disappear, come out of nowhere, kill, and disappear. Only this time he didn't kill.
As he came once again, Temari made a huge gust, blowing him away. Kankuro then came after him. Puppet Seizure! The puppets attacked next, but Orochimaru simply used his sword to block. Everything according to plan... He thought. Similar leach-like snakes now came out of the ground. Soon after, another Orochimaru came out of the ground and knocked out TenTen and Rin. The snakes went after Horace; they would drain all chakra, then energy, and then blood  leaving him as nothing but a bag of skin, bones, and muscle. After that, they would go inside him and devour him. Too bad they never made contact.
As they approached, THUNDER GOD STRIKE NO JUTSU! was heard. Rain appeared in front of Horace soon followed by Heather. Where's Kakashi? she asked. They all didn't know. Waking up Hinata, she told them what had happened. Heather, go and find Kakashi, heal him, and bring him back. Take Horace with you. Both nodded and set off.
Getting a bit difficult now... All right. No more fooling around. He made some hand signs and said, Hellish Embodiment no jutsu! Now, Orochimaru completely disappeared.
Sakura woke up now. U-Ugh... W-What happened?
You got knocked out. Now get up, we could use you.
Sakura got up, but suddenly punched Rain  a blow which caused her numerous broken bones and instant unconsciousness.
WHAT THE HELL, SAKURA? they all yelled.
Stop. Temari suddenly said. That's not Sakura; it's Orochimaru. That jutsu allows him to be inside another for a limited time. 
My, my. Aren't we the bright one.
It's at first a genjutsu. If you don't stop it at that stage, it'll work for sure. Then it transforms into the real deal; it's a two phase jutsu.
Hellish Embodiment no jutsu!
shoot! Now we don't know who he's in! Crap! Kankuro began to realize the gravity of this situation.
Suddenly, Temari summoned a huge gust of wind, but it was immediately quenched. In front of them, none other than Uchiha Itachi, missing nin of the leaf, stood.
Orochimaru... Get out of there, or I'll make you get out.
Orochimaru soon appeared in front now. As if on cu, Heather and Horace came back with Kakashi. I managed to heal him. she reported to Kankuro and Temari. Heather began reviving everyone immediately seeing Itachi in front of her.
Don't bother hiding it; I'm on your side... For now. Itachi said.
With Temari's acknowledgement, she began healing everyone openly. Soon, everyone was up, and Sakura switched places with Heather. Now, everyone except Naruto was there  in a dire situation, but living and conscious nontheless.
Itachi... What have I done for you to... grace me with your presence?
Sasori, Deidara, and Kisame now came behind Itachi.
Ah, my old... friends. Orochimaru was now worried; he secretly prepared a jutsu to escape. Soon, all of his chakra was paralyzed.
Don't bother. Itachi said. Now, we have a proposition.
Wait. What about these? Sasori said pointing to the allied forces. Should I send them away, or rid them of this earth?
Don't kill them. They could come in useful in the fight to come. Kisame pointed out. Though they're weak, they could still do quite a bit of damage. After all, they weakened Oro here to this state.
Deidara agree. Yeah, yeah! Let's send them back to the leaf. They'll take care of them. Then, we can discuss this matter in private, yeah!
Itachi nodded. Kisame had begun making some hand signs when Itachi said, Wait. Where's the other one? The... jinchuuriki.
Yeah, where's the jinchuuriki? Deidara said. Best not to give anything away, yeah. If they find out he's not a jinchuuriki, they'll get us for sure, yeah.
Naruto dragged his feet; he was dead tired, all out of energy, his bloodline limit no longer activated, and all chakra used up. But he had to go. He couldn't even think properly anymore  all he could do was keep walking. Soon, he came upon his friends.
Naruto! Hinata ran to him, took him into her lap, and let him rest. What else could they do? With four Akatsuki members and Orochimaru against them, they didn't stand a chance. Plus, all of them were tired. All they could do was sit and watch. Naruto rested in Hinata's caring arms, embraced in her love.
Interesting... I thought the kyuubi would forbid love considering it was in love before... Meaning, they must have used the Transfer Fuunin Jutsu to nullify it... Interesting... I thought  Jaraiya...Itachi thought. We'll keep Naruto.
At that, all of their hearts dropped. Orochimaru's because he wouldn't have a great body; the allies' because Naruto was their friend; and Akatsuki members' because they would have yet another person joining them.
No! Please... Hinata pleaded
Itachi walked up to them, and all of them looked into his eyes; they fell unconscious the next second. Kisame... Send them to Konoha.
Kisame nodded and activated a seal; the next second they were gone. Naruto alone remained there, unconscious.
Very well... The curse will grow... We WILL meet again, Naruto... and with that, Orochimaru, too, disappeared.
Now, what? Deidara asked.
We've got another eight month's time... Send a notice about what's about to happen to the kages... They'll need to prepare. In the mean time... Naruto and I will... do some bonding... Itachi stated without emotion. Each of you get the notes delivered... Then, meet with the rest of the members, and tell them that I've quit. Make sure the leader trusts you and believes you... He'll hopefully send you as a group to hunt me down... We'll talk then. Until then...
They disappeared, leaving Itachi alone with his would-be-pupil. You'll soon find why you're needed... Naruto...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment