Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Time for a Change

Naruto goes with Jiraiya for 3 years and comes back stronger, mature and taller!^-^

[NaruHina] If you don't like the pairing, don't bother reading.

Chapter 16 - Time for a Change

Chapter 16 - Time for a Change
Chapter 16: Time for a Change
You? Sakura raised an eyebrow. You? You want me to bring you?'
Sure, I mean, why not, right?
I-I think I'll get back to you on that...
Sure, whatever, Sakura-chan! See ya!
Sakura rushed off towards the south-side, where she lived. Bring him... Is he insane or something? Bring... I can't believe the nerve  Bring him... Hmph...
Why not? I think it's a great idea, Sweetie!
MOM? You're supporting him?
I'm not supporting anyone. All I'm saying is that it's a good idea. But, it's your choice, not mine. I remember my first time... she sighed.
Sakura raised an eyebrow. Who'd you bring?
Some random boy I'd been crushing on for years, but never got the guts to tell him until then. she said,
Dad? You brought dad?
Uh-huh. she nodded.
Fine, but I'm not bringing him for the same reason.
Of course your not... she stifled her giggle.
Mom!
I'm joking! Jeez...
Naruto continued walking down there when he saw a very young girl, about three or four years old, crying.
What's wrong? A pretty girl like you shouldn't be crying!
Get away from me... Daddy says I shouldn't talk to you because you're really a fox... she said through her sobs.
Really! Coolio! So I have a tail? he tickled her, and she laughed. Once she calmed down, he asked, Now what's wrong?
Those meanie boys took away Susie...
Susie? How big is she?
This big... her palms were about six inches apart.
A doll, I guessing. All right! Let's go get Susie back, shall we?
She nodded through her tears.
Taking her up, Naruto twirled her in the air, making her giggle with joy. So, where are they?
She pointed her tiny, cute finger in the northern direction. They walked about two minutes when they saw the boys. Yo! Give her back her doll.
There were about five or six boys about eight. Or what?
Or this! Naruto teleported near them instantly, took the doll, and kicked them lightly. Of course, to them, it was a rather hard kick. Is this what you do? Pick on girls five on one? The boys ran like there was no tomorrow. Turning to the girl, he asked, What's your name?
Miki...
Well, Miki-chan, here's Susie! he showed her the doll and she smiled, wiping her tears and hugged him.
Daddy says you're a big, mean monster... But I think you're a cute, fuzzy, nice monster... she said, still hugging him as he carried her.
Thank you, Miki-chan! Now, where do you live?
I don' wanna go home! Daddy will scold me... Can I go home with you?
Ummm... Are you sure? I mean, your parents will --
Please, please, please, please!
Okay, okay. he kissed her on the cheek and carried her home. On the way back, he went to a store and bought her several clothes to last her until he could find her parents. When they reached his house, he explained to Hinata everything, and she agreed. Naruto changed her clothes as Hinata made dinner.
Ta-da! he said coming out with Miki on sitting on top of his head. He held her there with his arms. It's the new, Miki-chan!
Hinata mumbled, 'Good job, now let me concentrate.'
Miki frowned. Why is Hinata-chan sad?
Naruto threw Miki up and caught her. Don't worry! She's just jealous that you're much prettier than she is.
Miki giggled.
Hinata sighed, looking at the two of them play, and thought, Naruto-kun... Naruto fed Miki and all three of them slept together  Miki in the middle so she wouldn't roll off the bed, and Naruto and Hinata on both sides. It was a bit cramped, but none of them really minded.
The next day, Miki, Hinata, and Naruto together roamed the city. All over the north side of Konoha, Naruto put up posters to look for Miki's parents. They asked many people, but no one knew. Then, Sakura came.
Hey! Sakura-chan! What's up!
Hey, Naruto. I've decided to bring you. Tomorrow, seven o' clock. Please don't be late. she said.
Cool! Is it okay is Miki-chan comes, too? I found her, but we can't find her parents. Until we do, she's staying with me.
Fine, bring her, too. she said, and walked off, feeling extremely nervous about how Naruto would do.
Naruto decided to get new clothes, as his were rather old, sweaty, and dirty. After that, they went back home. The next day, Naruto and Miki went to see Sakura right after lunch.
Hey, Sakura. I'm here early, cuz I'm sure I'd forget, so I just decided to hang with you gusy. he said.
Naruto! Where were you? There's only six hours left before you have to go on! You should have been here earlier!
Ummm... Sakura?
What?
I just thought that since I was going there, shouldn't I be the one nervous, not you? he asked.
Yes, well, I brought you, and so, if you suck, it'll be my fault!
Oh, um, okay... I didn't really think about it that way, and, Sakura?
What now?
Well, since you're sharing 'me,' I just thought that may be I should be myself, and not... you know, try to impress people. And secondly, I think, I dunno, this is just some random idea of mine, but you might be panicking?
I'M NOT PANICKING!
Ummm... Okay...
Sakura's mother watched this scene with a couple of her friends and they giggled about it tremendously.
That kid's gonna do fine. one friend said.
Yeah, he's a good guy. said another.
They all agreed at this.
Okay... I'm just gonna go home, okay?
What! You can't go home then you'll be late!
But Naruto was already gone. Jeez! How much does she worry for one stupid club meeting thing! It's not the end of the world! Jeez... My God...
Naruto and Miki returned at around six thirty to find Sakura helping set up for the meeting. Hey, Sakura-chan! We're here!
Thank goodness! I thought you'd forget for sure!
The 'meeting' then started.
All right! the organizer said. It's Sakura's turn to bring in someone, and she has brought Uzumaki Naruto! Please come in and welcome!
Naruto stepped up with Miki on his head. Um... This is the first time I've done something like this, so, can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to do?
One lady near the middle spoke up. You just tell who you are, what you're doing, and what you believe in.
Naruto nodded. Sounds simple enough. My name is Naruto Uzumaki. I was born in this village... And my parents were Uzumaki Arashi, and Uzumaki Sheena. Currently, I am a shinobi for Konoha; I just recently returned from a mission. I am currently of Chuunin rank, and I'm entering the jounin exams in two weeks... Um, about my beliefs, can anyone ask me questions to guide me? I have a lot of beliefs, and so I don't... really know where to start.
The audience seemed nice enough. Another lady's hand rose. Yeah, how... Say that child on your head was yours. How would you raise a child?
I think it would matter depending on the child. If the child was like me  thick headed, strong, unbelievably stuubborn -- this got a few laughs.  -- Then I would probably insult it, be tough on it, and force it to do better. Why? Because, I, personally, have an extremely high stamina. And so, I do well under such circumstances. My whole life I've been put down, and so, when someone insults me, I naturally try my hardest to prove them wrong. And so, I do well under difficult situations  partly cuz I'm so stupid, and so no insult really affects me.
They all laughed and smiled at the boy in front of them who was so honest, innocent, and hard-working in front of them.
But some people aren't like that. Some are very talented, can do everything, but are extremely self-conscious, and they can't take that kind of stuff. And so, for someone like that, I would emphasize kindness, love, and try to encourage. I guess what I'm really trying to say, is that it all depends on the child, and as a parent, one shoule know that.
They all nodded. Everyone in the group soon liked him, too  everyone except a group of ten in the back who lived at the southern end of Konoha. Most of these people did live in the southern end, but more towards the middle than really the south. Another question. Just wondering, but where did you find the girl?
Haha. Um, actually, that's a pretty funny story... And so, he told the story  quote for quote what Miki said, and what he said. He threw Miki up, caught her, and whirled her around. Miki hung to him loosely and laughed. Oh, yeah, that reminds me. Is anyone here her parent? I found her on the norther side of Konoha, so I assumed she lived there. I've asked all over and even put up posters, but I can't find this girl's parents... Does anyone here know?
They all shook their heads. As a ninja, what do you feel when you kill someone?
Well, my first kill was actually about eight months ago... I accidentally killed someone by using a stupid jutsu that was too dangerous... And I stayed there... And cried, knowing well that if I hadn't killed them, they would have killed me... And yet, I still cried. It was later that I realized, that not having wars was impossible... Not having deaths was impossible... Because until the day all people think alike there will always be conflict... And where there is conflict, those in the middle are crushed... It's like being stranded  you're the only one of an entire army... Everyone else ditched you and joined the enemy... But you wouldn't join the enemy because you know the enemy's corrupt. Everyone else was a coward and simply ran away to save their own hide. Would you fight, and die fighting for what you believe in... Or would you join that enemy? It sure is easy to say right now, sitting down what you would do... But you go there, and... It takes a truly strong heart to do that  but there's the problem... When everyone believes what they're doing is the right thing, there's even more conflict. So then comes the question  is goodness subjective, or objective? Is what each person thinks is good the good, or is there a general good... I don't know the answer to this question... If it were as simple as kill the bad guys, I would have done it... But what happens when the 'bad guys' have a family... a son... a brother... a wife... just like you and me... What if the 'bad guys' believe they are the good ones... and that you're the bad one... just like you do to them... What if the 'bad guys' are human... just like you and me... What if they are so similar, you can't tell the difference? What do you do? I've only killed ten people in my life... And each time, I ask myself this question... I ask myself is it worth it? Why do I fight... And each time, the same answer comes to me... I fight to protect my family... Yes, I am an orphan... Yes, half the village hates me... Yes, I do have a demon fox inside of me! But, I, too, have a family... And my friends have now become that family... And I promised myself I would protect them. Do I know the answer to this question? No, no, I don't... This is what I think and feel when I kill a person...
This time, there was actually applause! Naruto was amazed that people actually like what he thought... No one but Hinata did that. And then he realized it; he had been taking her for granted... All the time, he figured why bother? She'll always be there for him... But all the time, he hadn't been loving her how she had loved him... He had taken her for granted... And that would stop.
Whoops! Time's up! Me and Miki gotta go! Bye guys! Hope you enjoyed my speech! and he left. When he went out of the building, he saw Hinata there, smiling.
I heard your speech, Naruto-kun... I liked it...
Naruto ran to her and embraced her. I'm sorry, Hinata... I've taken you for granted... I'm really, really sorry.
Hinata wondered what on earth happened to him, but she was pleased nonetheless. It's okay. Suddenly, she felt herself seized by Naruto and she felt his lips touch hers.
With that, they walked home.
Sakura looked at him. The entire audience was in a chatter about what he had said, and they were enthralled by his ideas. But Sakura decided to skip out on the fun. She stood there outside, watching him go by. All those times in Team 7... How many insults... How many teasings... Even now, I refuse to acknowledge your greatness... And this wonderful speech, shows only a part of it... Naruto... You've changed so, so much... And yet, you're still that same old Naruto you always were... You just show it a bit more now... And perhaps now I see... How blind I was... She closed her eyes and tears rolled into them. Naruto... I love you... But it's too late, isn't it... Please forgive me...
It's never too late, you know... a voice said behind her.
No, Mom... It is too late... I know...
Naruto lay his head in Hinata's lap; Miki was asleep in Naruto's room, and Naruto wanted to spend some time with Hinata. She was leaning over to a table and writing something.
What are you writing?
I'll tell you when it's finished!
Come on. Please? Just tell me and I'll never bug you again!
No!
As she leaned over, Naruto turned his head and kissed her stomach. She gasped and then slapped his head lightly. Fine... Meanie... he said and turned around so that his hair was towards her and closed his eyes.
The next morning he woke up to find himself in Hinata's bed. Huh? Hinata wasn't there. Waking up, he found Miki, too gone. Okay, this is not cool... Seriously... He searched the house but they were nowhere to be found. Going around Konoha, he found his friends to be missing too, along with the hokage, who was taking her usual sake break. He decided to go to Sakura's house to ask where the hell everybody was. When he entered, everyone yelled HAPPY B-DAY NARUTO!
Naruto's jaw dropped. Say what?
Your Birthday Naru-kun! Miki shouted and ran to him.
Naruto picked her up and kissed her on the cheek. Thank you, Miki-chan! Turning to the rest of his friends, he said, It's October 10th today?
Yeah!
Hmmm... Yeah, I guess I forgot!
How could you forget? Sakura shouted at him.
Well, I mean, it was always a bad day for me when I was little, cuz that was the day the kyuubi attacked, right? And people always bullied me and stuff... he told her softly.
She felt extremely guilty. Naruto I'm --
Naruto! Comrade! Come! Let us give you our gifts  of youth! Lee shouted.
Naruto ran to the rest of his friends. He was piled in gifts that day. Sakura's mother was hosting the party, in fact. First they all talked for a bit, until it was time to cut the cake.
Naruto walked in front of the cake. He closed his eyes and made his wish. Then, opening them, he opened his mouth to blow the candles, but Kiba pushed his face into the cake. Kiba was laughing incredibly, as were many others. Naruto took a handful of cake and splatted it on Kiba's face  that started it. From there on out, it was a straight food fight.
It was, naturally, everyone team up on Naruto since it was his birthday. By the end of it, Naruto's clothes were pure red from punch, his waist up white from cake, his shoes caught in ramen (what a waste,) and his back in lemonade.
Happy now, Kiba?
Almost. and then he threw a tomato which landed square on Naruto's nose. Perfect! he said like an artist looking at his 'masterpiece.'
They all laughed and Naruto took a shower, dressed up and came back.
After that, they all sand the happy birthday song, talked, and everyone went home. The party ended at about six in the night. Hey, Sakura, thanks for hosting the party. It was great  seriously, thanks... It's the first time I've celebrated my birthday. Thanks, it really means a lot. and with that, Naruto, Hinata, and Miki walked back home.
Hinata couldn't stop giggling.
What's so funny?
She took something out of her pocket  it was a picture of Kiba's masterpiece.
Oh, hell no! Give it back!
Hinata ran like hell. When Naruto finally caught up to her, she said, I've got copies!
Naruto's expression was like a man's when he saw the end of the world coming. Where?
She shook her head. Not telling! and she ran again.
Get back here! Naruto pinned her down and tickled her all over. Taking the picture from her, he said, I'll tear up my humiliation now. and tore it.
Hinata shrugged and took another one out of her pocket.
Oh, I give up... Naruto said and picked up Miki.
As he went through the southern end of Konoha, he found a lot more people accepted him now since the club meeting. Word spread like wild fire, and more and more people began talking to him, getting to know him, and agreed with the rumors  he was a nice guy.
One day, carrying Miki, he went shopping for clothes, when, suddenly, a man yelled, Give me back my daughter, you fox!
Naruto turned around and looked at the man. Miki-chan, is this your father?
By now a huge crowd had gathered.
Uh-huh... she softly said.
Walking up to the man, he said, Here you go, sir. I didn't know Miki-chan was yours.
So you just take in any random girl?
I put up posters all over the north side. I found her there, so I assumed she lived there. I didn't know she lived here. I'm really sorry if I've caused you any trouble.
Pulling things out from his backpack, he said, Here you go. They're hers.
He grabbed them and grunted.
Bye Miki-chan! he said cheerfully. We'll meet again, okay?
She nodded, but her father interrupted. Oh, no she won't!
I have no authority over her... Her father does, and it isn't my place to do so... Okay, then. It was nice meeting you Miki-chan! he hugged her.
She cried on his shoulders. I don wanna go, Naru-kun!
Oh, come on, Miki-chan! Your father must have been worried sick about you! Come on. Your mother has a nice meal at home for you, okay? and he wiped her tears.
She nodded and went to her father. Bye, Naru-kun...
Bye, Miki-chan! he said giving her his trademark grin.
The crowd was huge, and they all saw this scene, nodding at Naruto's actions. Naruto walked back home. Sakura, too had seen this. Naruto... You just saved that girl's life...
He explained to Hinata everything that had happened.
So Miki's home, now.
Yup. I miss her, you know... She was a nice, friendly spirit in the house... She had a good atmosphere with her.
Hinata nodded. Yes, I miss her, too. Oh, and, Naruto-kun, the exams are tomorrow.
We gonna rock as usual?
Is that a question? she asked smiling.
We're gonna rock as usual. he stated, smiling.
It's time for a change... Now, Naruto Uzumaki will show just what he's made of...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment