Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - The Power Within Naruto

Naruto goes with Jiraiya for 3 years and comes back stronger, mature and taller!^-^

[NaruHina] If you don't like the pairing, don't bother reading.

Chapter 18 - The Power Within Naruto

Chapter 18 - The Power Within Naruto
Chapter 18: The Power Within Naruto
Naruto woke up at four o' clock, packed his things, and decided to visit Hinata since he was bored. Coming to the Hyuuga mansion, he was met by a guard who stared at him.
Hi, can I see Hinata?
That's Hyuuga Hinata-sama, Leader of The Main House. he said strictly.
Jeez man! Sorry. May I see Her Highness?
The guard grunted and led Naruto to Hinata.
Good morning, Hyuuga Hinata-sama, Leader of the Main House of the honorable Hyuuga Clan. Naruto said in very sarcastic respect.
Naruto!'
Naruto laughed and kissed her on the cheek.
Hinata-sama! You know this  this --
Yes, I do. I told you already you can call me Hinata.
Y-Yes, Hinata-sama. Of course. and the guard walked out.
So, how is the new leader of the clan doing?
She put her arms around him and said, I'm doing fine. And so is the clan. But how are you doing?
He kissed her. I'm missing you, but other than that, I'm all right.
She hugged him. We're not going to be able to see each other much, now that I'm the head... I'm going to be needed for discussions and such...
Naruto nodded. Let's see, if takes about two minutes for one good kiss, and I can see you for half an hour a day, that'll be 15 kisses a day! Awesome!
She slapped him lightly and smiled.
Naruto then turned to more serious matters. Did your father talk to you?
Hinata nodded. Naruto-kun I... I forgave him... she said it as if it was a sin.
Naruto nodded. I knew you would. he said smiling  a deed which earned him a kiss on the cheek. Also, I'm going on a mission. It's to the sand, and it has to do with Akatsuki.
Hinata seemed very solemn. Am I going?
No, Hyuuga Hinata-sama, Leader of the Main House of the honorable Hyuuga Clan cannot go. he said jokingly. The title was all too ridiculous, and he couldn't even come close to picturing Hinata demanding that name; obviously, it was the elders who wanted it.
She slapped him lightly again. I can defend myself just fine, you know... I could whup your butt.
Naruto nuzzled her on the neck. I know, and that's why you can't go. First, you would get them with your looks; then, you would beat 'em up... It'd be all too heartbreaking for Akatsuki when they realize you're already taken... Poor guys, we want to spare them of the pain. he said and he kissed her.
She smiled at this. Naruto-kun, please, be careful. she said.
Hey, ignoring the incidents when I wasn't careful, when have I not been careful?
N-Never...? But that's --
Exactly! So calm down! he kissed her on the cheek and he was gone.
Hinata smiled.
Miki, you're staying in there! a man roared so loudly the child burst out into uncontrollable tears.
She's only a --
Natasha! I know what I'm doing, and it's for her own good!
At this, the lady put her head down and continued doing her chores.
In the background, a girl's sobbing could be heard.
SHUT UP, STUPID GIRL! I'M TRYING TO WATCH TV! YOU HAVE YOUR PUNISHMENT! At this, the girl's crying increased even more. The man rushed into her room, opened the door harshly, and slapped the girl. Throwing a teddy bear at her, he yelled, HERE'S YOUR STUPID DOLL! Slamming the door, he fumed out.
Now, the girl's sobbing had decreased due to, not happiness, but pure and utter sadness. Her erratic breathing was interrupted by sobs as she buried her head in her teddy bear to hide her tears as she clung to it for dear life.
Please, she's only a --
YOU WANT YOUR BABY? FINE, YOU CAN HAVE IT! he grabbed the girl and threw her to her mother and pushed them both outside the house. COME BACK IN WHEN YOU'VE SORTED THINGS OUT!
Naruto now went to the southern side of Konoha to go to Sakura's house. On the way, he heard a girl crying. The voice seemed rather familiar. Running to the source, he found a small girl and a woman next to her.
Miki-chan! Why are you crying? he ran to the girl and picked her up.
N-Naru-kun?
By the way she was breathing, Naruto could tell Miki had been crying for hours  may be even days. Naruto gave her a kiss on the cheek and spoke to her softly, giving her consolation. Come on, now, it'll be okay. I'm here now, so cheer up. Slowly, it seemed to be working. Once she was calmed down, Naruto took out some medicinal herbs from his pack and healed her. She had bruises all over her body, especially on her head. There, the deepest bruise appeared. From what he could tell, the bruise occurred rather recently, and it appeared from a slap. Then, using some jutsus, he healed her further. Finally, she wall all right. Still carrying her, he moved to her mother.
Are you all right?
The woman had an extremely sad look in her eyes, but she slowly nodded.
Okay then. Come with me.
She had a fearful, distrusting look in her eyes. She opened her mouth, but Naruto cut her off.
It's okay. You don't have to tell me anything about what happened unless you want to. But I do insist that you come to my place. It's a townhouse, but it's a three bedroom two bath, so it'll be spacious. Miki's already been there.
But how?
Didn't Miki's father tell you? I found Miki previously out in the streets crying because some boys took her toy. Then, I got it back for her and took her to my place. She stayed there for a bit while I looked for you or your husband. I finally found her father, and I, gave her back. he said smiling.
The woman slowly nodded. A-All right, we'll --
Go where? a gruff voice suddenly asked. You! the man said facing Naruto. I thought I told you to stay away from my daughter!
I'm sorry, sir, but Miki-chan was crying, and so I just wanted to help her.
Well you shouldn't have! She had her punishemnt for a reason.
Naruto suddenly seeemed grave. Sir, did you give her those bruises? Damn right I did! Stupid God forsaken --
Naruto suddenly appeared right in front of him and punched him as hard as he could; the man went flying. Naruto walked up to him. HOW DARE YOU? SHE IS YOUR THREE YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER, AND YOU BEEAT HER LIKE THAT? HOW CAN YOU EVEN CALL YOURSELF HER FATHER? I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU! Naruto rammed him with a rasengan right at his stomach; the man was bleeding tremendously. Naruto was about to hit him again when he felt someone grabbing his feet.
Miki's mother was sobbing at his feet. Please, please don't kill him! Please!
Naruto picked up the now barely conscious man up by the shirt collar. You're damn lucky your wife doesn't want me to kill you, you know that? And with that, Naruto threw the man away.
Come on, let's go to my house. You and Miki-chan can rest there for a while.
The woman barely nodded seeing the anger of Naruto, and didn't want to upset him further. As they walked, Naruto carrying Miki, and the woman closely following, Naruto spoke.
I'm... Tell your husband, I'm sorry I acted like that and lost my temper... I just... I can't imagine what kind of monster would do that to such a nice girl like Miki-chan. he gave a kiss on the cheek and tickled her as she giggled.
He would... will be... a truly good, caring father... The woman thought.
Well, here we are! Naruto said, opening the door to his house. Entering, Miki jumped out of his arms, ran to the couch, and began jumping on it. That's her favorite spot, he explained. Well, Miki? What do you want?
I want ramen! she shouted joyfully.
He ran to her, threw her up, and caught her. Are you trying to steal all my ramen? he asked tickling her. She laughed sweetly, and shouted, YEAH! Well, all right... Naruto said pretending to be sad. Noticing his 'sadness,' Miki kissed him on the cheek. All right! What flavor do you want?
As the two talked and excitedly ran around the house, the mother sat in one corner, noticing all the differences and kindness this home had to offer. How free Miki was, how much happiness she got here, and how this truly was, her home. Suddenly, she noticed someone shouting for her.
Ma'am! Ma'am!
Coming back to reality, she said, Y-Yes?
Would you like anything? Food? Water? A bed to sleep in?
She shook her head immediately.
Sure? Miki-chan's having something. Wanna try?
Slowly, she nodded, getting accustomed to this newfound freedom and enjoyment. As she ate, she talked with Naruto. Miki really seems to be happy here.
Naruto smiled. Yeah, we get along great!
I was thinking... Naruto-san, would you be all right with adopting Miki? She... Her home... doesn't suit her. And, you're so kind to her, and...'
Ma'am, I would love to, but I am a ninja, and, this wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't always out on a mission. A father must spend time with his child, and, I don't think it would be best for Miki if I was never around.
But she can't go --
She won't go back, believe me. I would never want that... But, I have a better idea. Would you mind if she stayed in a clan temporarily? I'm leaving on a mission today, and, once I come back, I'd be happy to take her in, but, right now, she could stay with the Hyuugas. That way, she'd be able to play with other kids, have parental care, and in a comfortable place all the time. But, she doesn't know anyone there.
Oh, believe me, she does. The leader of the clan lived with me during the time Miki-chan came over. She and Miki-chan get along quite well.
She?
Naruto nodded and smiled. Hyuuga Hinata.
HINATA-CHAN! Miki screamed with delight.
Yeah! Would you like to live with her while I'm gone?
Miki made a pouting face. You're going to go, Naru-kun?
Damn she's smart... Naruto noticed how she could ignore all the sugar-coated words and see the real meaning underneath. He picked her up and kissed her. Only for a while. Besides, you can stay with Hinata-chan while I'm gone, right.
She still seemed sad.
Tell you what, as a reminder, while I'm gone, will you keep this safe for me? he said taking off his forehead protector. She made a pouting face. Oh, you know, not just anyone can hold my forehead protector. Only, a special person whom I really love can. he said and nuzzled her on the neck.
She smiled and jumped up. I will, I will!
You promise to keep it safe for me and give it back when I return?
She nodded vigorously.
All right then, Miki-chan! To Hinata-chan's house! he said and gave her a piggy-back ride.
While walking, Naruto noted how odd it felt without his forehead protector, but it was worth it for Miki. As soon as they entered, Miki screamed, HINATA-CHAN! she ran to Hinata, and Hinata picker her up. Hinata kissed her on the cheek as she listened to the situation, and said, Of course I'll take care of her.
As Naruto alone left, Hinata said, Better be careful, Naruto-kun. When you come back, Miki-chan's gonna be stronger than you.
At this, Naruto had to grab Hinata and kiss her. With you teaching her, I don't doubt it. he said and walked off towards Sakura's house. My, that was quite a detour. He thought as he finally arrived there. It was now six in the morning.
Hello, Mrs. Haruno?
Naruto! My, you're up early  ah, that's right, you have that mission. I'll send Sakura down immediately. she said and called, SAKURA!
Sakura's father now came down in his night robe, having messy hair, lids underneath his eyes, and walking like he had just come back from the dead. My, God, woman. How loud do you have to be.
Mrs. Haruno kissed her husband on the cheek, which immediately cheered him up. Naruto smiled realizing how similar they were to he and Hinata, only more mature and comfortable. Probably because they're husband and wife... Naruto thought.
Hey Naruto. Sakura said finally appearing.
Sakura-chan! Hi.
Shall we get going?
Sure. Naruo nodded.
Sakura took Naruto's hand and proudly walked out the door with her pack.
You know, Sakura's gone... We have the whole day to ourselves. So, what do you want to do? Mrs. Haruno said seductively as she twirled her index finger on her husband's chest.
Her husband picked her up and carried her in a deep embrace as they walked to the bed...
Kakashi-sensei! You're early! For once... Sakura muttered.
At this they all started laughing. They worked perfectly as a team, despite their attitudes. Kakashi the lazy one who was always late; Naruto the loud-mouthed friendly one; Sakura the kind, sensible one with a huge temper. And yet, when the time came, they were a perfectly coordinated, and at social events they were everything but coordinated  arguing, laughing, and through it all, having a good time, be it missions or social events.
All right team, let's go to Tsunade-sama's office.
Why? Don't you have the specifics already with you? Sakura asked.
Well, yeah, but we can't leave without my Icha Icha Paradise book, now can we?
You can't... Naruto said.
Of course not! What would I do without back up copy number 3? That's my favorite copy!
IT'S A FRIGGIN' COPY! Sakura and Naruto screamed in unison.
Yes, but that one has Jiraya-sama' autograph on it.
You see him everyday!
Kakashi shrugged.
Naruto, Jiraya said gravely. About the jutsu... Her name is Phaidra. author's note: I take no credit for this name; yes, I know, I have issues making up names... She's in the sand village... or, was...
Naruto's eyes widened. She's dead?
Jiraiya shook his head. No, she was attacked by 'some snake person'...
Orochimaru... he breathed softly.
Jiraya nodded. So, she's moved to a hidden ninja village. And, rumor has it that, this was the origin of the Uzumaki clan.
So some of my ancestors or someone may be alive? Again, Jiraiya shook her head. They're all dead; the village was long destroyed, at least, that's what I've heard. The thing is, it's impossible to get in unless you're an heir of that village.
So how did she get in?
Jiraiya had a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. I'll leave that as a surprise for you. But the thing is, only you can get in.
But if no one could get in, then how did they die? Unless betrayal or --
or murder... Sounds like Itachi, doesn't it?
Naruto nodded. He didn't like this one bit.
The thing is, it's on the way to the sand, or, at least, it's supposed to be. And only you can get in; of course, you're gonna let in Kakashi and Sakura, and that's why you're needed. But this lady may heal you.
Naruto raised an eyebrow. May?
Jiraiya sighed. Why did you think she went to a mysterious, nearly-impossbile to get into village? She doesn't like healing or sharing her forbidden arts. Partly why after Orochimaru tried to kill her she left. She's the only hope... I know she's alive because I've met her before... long ago... But that's not the point. She's your only chance of hope, got it?
Naruto nodded. One question. If Orochimaru was hunting her, that means he would know about my activated curse seal... Why wouldn't he just activate it and torcher me?
Firstly, it could be because Akatsuki's forcing him to, and not because he wants to. Secondly, he might just want to get rid of your chances of escaping from the jutsu and not actually know that it's activated for you.
Naruto thought about and nodded. but where do I look for this thing?
When you see a rock the shape of a rasengan, you'll know  this all what rumors say. I don't know how to get in though.
Naruto nodded. That was reasonable enough. All right. Thanks, Sensei.
Jiraiya nodded. Good luck.
Right then, let's go. We need to go to the sand. something the Kazekage needs us for. Anyways, the sooner we get started, the sooner we reach. So, let's go.
Naruto and Sakura walked together talking, conspiring as to what could possibly be under that stupid mask as Kakashi walked ahead reading his infamous book.
So, Tobi and Zetsu are dead... I wonder who... a dark voice said.
Indeed... It had to be someone relatively strong to get inside... another said.
A third person remained quiet. I sense... betrayal... a third voice said in a deadly quiet.
Looks like the Oro's gone after Phaidra. Shall we kill him off? He's nothing but trouble as well. I mean the Naruto kid could have died... It would have ruined everything... Kisame said.
Yes, and now that he knows the curse seal is activated, he would take advantage of that... It would be wise to finish him. Sasori stated.
Itachi shook his head. If he kills Orochimaru, not only will he be able to get some few last minute jutsu, he will be get stronger... Also, we can't let the leader know that we're betraying. Plus, I want Naruto to kill him...
Yeah but he already knows of our betrayal from their corpses. I would say kill him off, yeah! Deidara put in.
But Itachi remained steadfast. If Orochimaru was dead, then what would be Naruto's reason for going after Phaidra?
But why does he have to go after Phaidra? Kisame questioned.
I have my reasons... She may not be willing to tell him the whole truth, but then again, I didn't... But she will let him see the books, and that's all I need.
Does he know something we don't? Deidara asked Kisame and Sasori.
Sure seems like it. Kisame said.
Sasori merely grunted.
Soon, they reached the half-way point between Konoha and Suna. Naruto explained the situation about what Jiraiya had said and the three began looking for such a rock. Naruto activated his bloodline limit just in case anything should happen.
After looking for hours, Kakashi and Sakura returned to camp. Suddenly, Naruto came rushing after them. Guys! I found it! Follow me!
It had actually only happened because Naruto slipped and fell into a hole. Unfortunately, there was a chakra draining seal in the area where he had fallen. Thus, he had to walk through the cave-ish arena to get out. Coming out, he had found the rock only after activating his bloodline limit.
They repeated the process and coming to it, Naruto activated his Ryoukagan again, and Naruto pointed to a large boulder, There. There was no response. What? Can't you see it?
They both shook their heads.
Right there!
Again, nothing. Now, Kakashi took revealed his sharingan and examined the rock. It seems there are thin chakra lines in the formation of a rasengan embedded on this rock... Somehow, Sakura and I can't see it. It's obviously because of your bloodline limit. This goes far beyond any of its powers...
Naruto formed a rasengan and rammed it into the rock so that the lines matched the curves on the rock. Suddenly, Naruto felt he was being sucked into a blackness. This must be how to get in! shoot! Hurriedly, he grabbed Kakashi and Sakura, and the three vanished.
Reappearing, they saw they were in a very sunny town which was in perfect condition. There was a blue sky with some clouds. The buildings were all one story and there was grass on the sides of the streets, and a large fountain in the middle of the area they were in. The air was surprisingly cool and refreshing. All the houses were perfectly clean and organized. Where the hell is  so they are dead... But then why is this place in perfect condition?
Sakura and Kakashi were nowhere close to him.
As he walked around the area, he found it very greatly to his liking; in fact, it seemed more and more perfect as he stayed there longer. There were birds chirping, fish singing, trees thriving  all in perfect order, but no one there. As he walked to what seemed the center of this 'city', he saw a great statue, and as he looked at it more closely, images flashed in mind... the very same images that the kyuubi flashed in him mind, only now, a thousand times more clearly. It was the very same woman...
It was a girl... A beautiful girl with caressing lavender eyes surrounded by a creamy whiteness. Her skin was soft; Naruto didn't touch it, but he somehow knew it was. She had long, flowing hair which fell on his bare shoulders. It was tender and silky. He felt her flawless skin with love. She had lovely pointed ears which he nibbled gently. Suddenly, he realized it was not he who was doing all of this, but it was something inside him... something that used to be inside him  the kyuubi. A small, human version of the kyuubi now came next to the hologramic image of the girl and kissed her. The kyuubi looked very much like Naruto, only had purely red hair and red and black eyes. He smiled at the two as the image faded away. Suddenly, he remembered what the kyuubi said. And one more thing; there was one more person in the entire history who took a seventh course  and he had an advanced bloodline limit... He works in that organization, Akatsuki... He will kill you... Be careful, baka. I've grown quite fond of your idiocy... Make sure you don't die... He killed... He smiled remembering his friendliest conversation with that de  no, that friend of his. As soon as he remembered, anger gripped him. One other person... Itachi... Then why the hell did you train me?
He slowly walked up to the statue and touched it. Standing there, he looked at 'her' eyes. He sent me her... to tell you... he's left... I'm sorry...
Suddenly, a kunai flew at him. Naruto dodged it with difficulty, but managed to do it. He looked at his opponent, and his jaw dropped. It was none other that very person in that statue. However, she didn't stop at him. She threw three shuriken at him before making a yellow flash and coming right behind him. However, cutting through him, she found it was a shadow clone. Naruto activated his bloodline limit.
Threat Level  14
Jutsus: Rasengan; Flying Thunder God Jutsu; Ryoukagan
You've got to be kidding me... Naruto thought. Please, I don't want to fight.
Sorry pal! and she used the same jutsu again but Naruto was three times faster than her at using jutsu; he was already behind her and placed a kunai at her neck.
Please, I don't.
Yeah right! and she used a rasengan at him, but he used FTG to appear right behind her.
Wh-Who are you? she said still tense.
Naruto sighed. Finally... he muttered. My name is Uzumaki Naruto, and I come the Village Hidden in the Leaves. he said louder so that she could hear.
Her kunai dropped. U-Uzumaki... that clan...
To think the kyuubi had such bad taste to pick her... Naruto muttered.
What did you say about Kitsune?
Nothing, nothing... Jeez... he said the last part quietly.
How dare you insult him? Who are you to --
I was his container... Naruto quietly said.
H-His what?
His container... I was the jinchuuriki...
Was? So who's the container now?
Naruto shook his head. He doesn't have a container anymore.
So he's free? Kitsune's free?
Naruto shook his head again. He wanted me to find you... and tell you...
Why- Why couldn't he have done it himself? her panicking was slowly increasing.
He's... gone... Before he went, he told me to find you... to find you and to tell you, that he loved... that he loves you...
He... He's dead... He... He's dead? she instantly fell to the ground, sobbing.
Naruto sat there and comforted her while she cried.
He and I... We loved each other for four thousand years... We decided trying out being human for a while... We had planned it all out, when... when we came, we each made our own bodies and came... I went first... I decided to be born in this city... He, however, wanted to be born with the Uzumakis... As we grew up, we learned the human ways... Only, if we didn't acquire a moonstone by the age of thirteen, we would remain human forever... In the entire world, there was only one moonstone we knew of... And he wanted it for me... He went to Konoha, to... to bargain... And, they kicked him out... He returned a second time in his true form... But...
But he was sealed... in me... Naruto said quietly.
She nodded through her tears. I prayed... hoped... wished he would get out before I died... Then, at least then... We could enjoy our final moments... together...
Is that why you ran from Orochimaru? To come here?... Because... You thought he may have been waiting here for you?
She nodded. Only now, I'm human permanently... With a few demon marks...
Naruto smiled sadly. Fate... can be cruel...
She sobbed more at this. Finally getting up, she snapped her fingers to reveal a tied up Kakashi and Sakura.
Naruto untied them and found they were unconscious. So... What is this place?
It seems Naruto has found his way to her.
Itachi nodded. Good... Now, Orochimaru can no longer have a hold over him... He will be free during the fight then.
Yes, but... The time draws near... Do you think he can? Sasori asked.
If not he, then who can? Itachi stated calmly.
The leader is already on the move, yeah! He's gone off to grass and mist... Yeah, it seems our dear little Naruto will have to have his last moments of training... The war begins in two months, yeah!
Dear little Naruto is stronger than most of Akatsuki, Deidara! Kisame growled.
Let's hope he's stronger than all of Akatsuki... or our plans are ruined. Sasori said in a deep voice.
Indeed. Itachi said.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment