Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - The Battle

In Jump City, there is a tower standing on an island where a team of heroes live. These heroes have been found in numerous places and brought together to protect the world.

Chapter 13 - The Battle

Chapter 13 - The Battle
Naraku smirked as he watched Fade and her team chase after Terra and Crystal. It was time to weaken the Titans; he would start with this little team.

"Kanna." He called to the girl before him.

"Why don't you go and say hello to our little friends?"

The girl said nothing and disappeared into the darkness.

His evil laughter escalated throughout the room.

xXxXxXx

Fade leapt from branch to branch, Mimic and Flame close behind her. Naruto and Inuyasha ran on the ground beneath them, and Raven flew above the treetops. Fade's eyes widened as she spotted a clearing ahead, and a figure cloaked in white standing there. Waiting.

"Looks like we might have company." She alerted her comrades before running full speed towards the clearing.

They all reached the clearing at the same time and stared at the small girl waiting for them. They all stared at the mirror in her pale hands, feeling a part of them being sucked towards it. Inuyasha snarled.

"Kanna." He sneered at the girl whose face was even more cold and emotionless than Sesshomaru; and that was saying something.

"You know this girl, Inuyasha?" Fade questioned the hanyou, who had his hand on Tetsusaiga's hilt.

"She's Naraku's incarnation; Kanna of the Void. That mirror she holds can take away a persons soul."

The other's eyes widened as they stared at the young girl, who didn't even look any older than the age of 8.

"Give me your soul." The girl spoke softly, her voice sending chills down the girl's spine.

"What a creepy toddler…" Mimic muttered before preparing to fight.

Kanna lifted the mirror, aiming it so that Raven's image reflected in it.

Immediately, Raven felt herself grow weaker and a soft blue light came out of her body and into the mirror.

"Raven!" Fade yelled and then threw two shurikens at Kanna. Kanna slowly turned the mirror towards the shuriken, stopping the blue light from Raven's body, and whispered "You can have it back." Before the shuriken flew into the mirror as if it was a portal. Fade blinked in surprise.

"What?"

Inuyasha's eyes widened.

"Fade, she's going to send them back at you!"

Fade's eyes widened as the shuriken she had thrown came back out of the mirror and flew straight towards her. She quickly pulled out a kunai and deflected them.

"So… she can send our attacks back at us?" Naruto asked, his eyes wide.

"Yep."

"Well… we're kind of f**ked."

Mimic sighed.

"Aren't we always?"

Kanna gasped slightly as she looked past the Titans.

"You're here?"

The Titans gasped and quickly looked behind them, their eyes widened.

Terra and Crystal stood near the forest, prepared to fight.

Crystal's cold blue eyes stared at Fade before turning to look at Kanna.

"Naraku asked for you to return quickly. It seems something has come up. Terra and I can handle them." Crystal spoke in an emotionless voice, sending waves of pain through the girls and Naruto as well.

"Okay." The demon girl whispered before disappearing in a beam of light.

Terra smirked and took a step forward, her eyes glaring at Fade.

"I still have to repay you for what your boyfriend did to my arm."

Fade snarled and clenched her fists.

"How fitting… two traitors, both of them blonde." Fade smirked. "I blame the lack of brain cells."

"Thanks." Naruto remarked and Fade smirked over at him.

"Let's dispose of them quickly." Crystal said to Terra, her eyes cold as steel.

"With pleasure."

Terra slammed her fists into the ground, causing the Earth to rumble, and the Titans lost their balance briefly. Smoke arose from the earthquake, blocking the Titan's from seeing their enemy. Fade heard Terra's yell right before she was hit by Terra's fist, square in the jaw. The impact of the punch sent her flying back slightly. Her eyes flashed white briefly as she stared at the smirking blonde.

"Fade!" Naruto called out, preparing to assist the fallen girl, but a murderous glare stopped him.

"She's mine."

He stared at the girl, appalled.

He felt a chilling presence behind him.

"Your fight is with me, little brother." Crystal stated before kicking him in his chest, sending him flying into Mimic and Flame.

Forming a quick hand sign, she stared at her former comrades with hatred in her eyes.

"Water Style: Water Vortex Jutsu!" A barrier of water surrounded her and began to expand. Mimic cursed and slammed her palm into the Earth. A shield of earth formed around her, Flame and Naruto, while Raven used her powers to shield herself and Inuyasha. Once the attack had died down, Mimic began punching the wall infront of her, sending small boulders flying towards the blonde water bender. Crystal dodged them gracefully, jumping up in the air to launch her own attack when Flame appeared behind her.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" A large ball of fire came from Flame's mouth and engulfed Crystal, who took the hit and fell to the ground with a yelp of pain. Flame landed next to the girl's body, burns covering the girls pale skin. Shock hit her as she realized she had killed one of her best friends.

She knelt down next to the fallen girl, tears in her eyes.

"Crys…I…"

She was silenced by a loud cling as a kunai pierced her gut. The body before her disappeared in a cloud of smoke and the real Crystal held the kunai firmly, twisting it slightly, causing Flame to cry out in pain and spit out a handful of blood.

"Flame!"

Naruto acted quickly, running towards his sister and grasping her wrist firmly before jerking it to the side causing her to wince in pain and loosen her grip on the weapon. He then kicked her in her stomach, sending her flying a few feet away, taking the kunai with her. Flame fell forward into Naruto's arms, her blood staining his sleeve. His eyes clouded over in sadness as this brought back memories of Sakura dying in his arms.

'No. I won't lose anyone else.'


"Raven! I need you to heal her!" Naruto called, startling the shocked empath. Teleporting over to Naruto, she gently moved Flame onto the ground. She placed her hands over the wound and watched as they began to glow.

Crystal chuckled darkly.

"I hit a vital organ. Your medical skills are useless." She stated, a glint of amusement in her eyes. Naruto's anger flared.

"Raven. Take care of her…" He whispered to the worry Goth before turning towards Mimic. "Mimic, you and I are taking Crystal down… Inuyasha, help Fade, even if she protests." Mimic and Inuyasha nodded and Naruto glared at his older sister, vengeance shining deep within his blue eyes.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment