Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Recovery

In Jump City, there is a tower standing on an island where a team of heroes live. These heroes have been found in numerous places and brought together to protect the world.

Chapter 15 - Recovery

Chapter 15 - Recovery
Fade and Mimic sat next to a twin size bed, staring at the girl before them who was unconscious and had numerous tubes and wires attached to her body. The only noise in the room was the loud beeps coming from the heart monitor, indicating their friend was still breathing.

They had managed to keep Flame alive for the journey back to Titans Tower, thanks to both Sakura and Raven's medical knowledge, and Fade and Raven's ability to transport from one place to another. They managed to get her into the intensive care unit at the Tower just in time. She had gone into surgery the moment they arrived, Nowaki wanting to act quickly, and it had gone on for about 2 hours. Now, they waited patiently to see if their friend would wake up.

The shock of Flame almost meeting her end, Crystal betraying them, and with the surprise of their supposedly dead friends from Konoha coming to assist them, Fade and Mimic were on the brink of insanity… then again, they were mostly crazy to begin with.

They watched in silence as Flame's chest gently rose and fell as she slept peacefully.

"How's she doing?" A concerned voice asked quietly. The two girls turned towards the doorway and saw a worried Misaki holding a bouquet of roses. Usagi stood a little ways behind him, carrying a small black rose in his hand. Fade smiled, grateful that they stopped by, and looked back to Flame's face.

"She survived surgery… but she lost a lot of blood. Dr. Kusama said she might be in risk of falling into a coma.." Fade reported, her eyes filling with dread.

"I see… Well, it's a good thing she has Kusama Sama taking care of her." Misaki said, sending the girls a reassuring smile, which they returned.

The two men placed their flowers in a vase that sat on a table on the other side of the bed.

"You two haven't left her side since you returned…" Usagi murmured, his gaze lingering on the sleeping teens face. "You two really should leave this room… I've been in here a few minutes and all ready I'm going nuts." He finished, showing traces of his growing uneasiness.

"You were already nuts to begin with, Usami Sensei." Fade and Mimic muttered and Misaki sweat dropped.

Suddenly, a melody of beeps came from Fade's jean pocket. She quickly pulled out her communicator and flipped it open. She glared at the boy wonder's image staring back at her.

"What is it?" She hissed, not wanting to be bothered again by his demands for her to file her mission report. She had more important matters to attend to, after all.

"I need you and Mimic to come down stairs…immediately." He ordered, sparking a fuse of curiosity within the two girls. Seeing how he was in his serious, non-joking, mood the girls new something important was going on just a few floors below them. Fade sighed and closed her communicator before looking over at Misaki.

"Sorry to ask this of you, but could you stay here and watch her for a bit?" Fade pleaded, her eyes glistening. How could he resist?

"Sure!" He replied happily and took a seat next to the unconscious girl.

"Oh, and Usagi San? There's an empty bed over there, so if we're not back soon and you get bored, feel free to rape Misaki." Fade smirked as Misaki's face flushed and Usagi snickered. Mimic rolled her eyes.

The two girls left the romantica couple behind, ignoring Misaki's protests as Usagi attacked.

xXxXxXx

"Hello."

Fade and Mimic's eyes bulged out of their heads at the sight before them. The entire flock was gathered around on the sofa, their wings stretched out slightly, as they smiled up at the girls. While in the kitchen, C2, Suzaku, and Kallen were sitting at the table. However, Fade's attention was elsewhere as she saw Sebastian standing at the bottom of the steps, a smile on his lips, as he stared at her. But, he wasn't the one that held a shocking effect on her… nooo… It was the pale, tall, boy leaning against the wall, his violet eyes gazing up at her, and he himself was alive.

"Le…Lelouch?" She whispered his name, a slight twinge in her chest as she recalled the day she was informed of his death.

Mimic's eyes darted back and forth between the smirking Emperor Zero and the slightly pissed visage of a black clad butler. She smirked slightly and patted her friend's shoulder.

"Looks like you've walked into a love triangle, my friend." She whispered, earning a sharp glare from Fade.

Fade's gaze lingered on Lelouch, memories and emotions welling up inside her. She bit her lip as only one replaced those emotions; anger.

'So… he was alive the whole time?'
She thought bitterly as she recalled those lonely months of her locking herself up, refusing to talk to anyone while in her depressed state. Glaring at the boy, she made her way towards Sebastian and smiled up at him. His annoyed expression faded and he smiled back at her, while sending a smirk at the other boy.

"I was worried, Keira." He stated, wondering if she got the double meaning behind that statement, as he glared at Lelouch.

"It's okay… Terra wasn't that big of a deal."

She hadn't noticed.

"Keh. Not that big of a deal? We were almost killed! If it wasn't for that man with the lightening, we would be in the ground by now!" Came Inuyasha's gruff response. Fade beamed at the hanyou, who was slightly taken aback by her smile.

"I believe 'the man with lightening' has a name." Inuyasha let out a startled cry and jumped ten feet in the air, alarmed by the sudden voice behind him. Kakashi smiled at the half-demon, his visible eye in an upside down 'U'.

"Now I see where Naruto gets it from…" Kagome murmured as she recalled all the times that blonde had scared them in exactly the same manor.

Kakashi blinked as he noticed his daughter's fingers laced together with a tale, strange man. He silently walked over to the two, noticing his daughters blush before their hands released each other's grasp.

"And who might this be?" He questioned, eyeing Sebastian with curiosity.

The demon smiled.

"My name is Sebastian Michealis, head butler of the Phantomhive estate, as well as Keira's-" Fade's elbow to his gut stopped him in mid sentence. He blinked and looked over to his girlfriend who sent him a soft glare meaning: Not another word.

He smirked.

"Keira's what?" Kakashi asked, eyeing his daughter suspiciously. He had seen her hit the butler, and he also saw the glare directed at the man.

"I'm her bodyguard, sir." Sebastian finished, earning a relieved sigh from Fade.

Kakashi stared at them with a blank expression.

"If you're going to lie to me, do it in a more efficient way." He deadpanned and Sebastian sweat dropped.

"A-Anyway, Dad, where's Naruto?" Fade asked, changing the subject. However, dozens of eyes stared at her and Kakashi with bewilderment and disbelief.

"Dad?" They all yelled at once.

Fade sighed as Kakashi smiled. He put his arm around his daughter, pinching one of her cheeks as if she was a little girl.

"Of course! Couldn't you tell? We look so much alike!" He teased and she groaned.

Sai stared at Kakashi's fair skin, silver hair, and black eye before looking at Fade's tan skin, brown hair, and brown eyes. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"But, they don't look alike at all?" He questioned, obviously not getting the joke. Everyone sweat dropped.

"It was a joke, Sai." Naruto stated as he appeared in the doorway. Sai made an 'o' shape with his mouth.

"What's wrong with him?" Mimic asked Naruto who let out a soft sigh.

"He grew up in the ANBU, and was pretty much a blank canvas. He doesn't know how to react with others very well, or even tell apart different emotions."

"Ah."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment