Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Part 1: Neji

The first of my OCs stories will be Rene's story. It basically tells about all of the guys that she likes. At the end it has a hint of what's going to happen in Nia's story.

Chapter 2 - Part 1: Neji

Chapter 2 - Part 1: Neji
Part 1: Neji

That day I needed to find a new way to choose which guy to spend my day with. I was sitting in a tree near my house, Itachilicious was in the next tree next to mine, Deidara was standing under my tree, and Neji was standing in the clearing with his team, team Kakashi, and the sand siblings. Nia, Gonan, Eskerna Sensei, Ashika, Kaila, and Johan Sensei were all hiding somewhere. First I tried enie meanie miny mo.
“Oh Itachilicious, will you come home with me?” I asked in a playful tone. For some reason he ran away. I had to think of something else.
“Nia will you randomly pick a name out of this hat?” I asked.
“Sure I will Rene,” she said as she put her hand in the hat and pulled out a piece of paper.
“Who did you pick?”
“Itachilicious?”
“Alright, pick a number between one and ten.”
“Five.”
“That was Itachilicious’ number. Hey Itachilicious, wait for me!”
“Poor Itachi.”
I ran after Itachilicious as fast as I could. After we were both out of sight Nia explained how she had made it so I would choose Itachilicious no matter what. I soon found out and sent her a vision.
“That’s weird,” said Nia.
“What’s weird?” asked Gonan.
“I just had a weird thought that Deidara and Neji should play rock, paper, scissors best two out of three to spend the day with Rene.”
“Well, I’d hate to tempt fate,” you know who said that, really, come on.
“Then bring it on,” said Deidara.
Round one: Neji starts out with paper beating Deidara’s rock. Why doesn’t Deidara look too happy about that? Round two: Neji, thinking that Deidara would copy him, chose scissors but Deidara chose rock again. Oh, it seems that Neji is trying too hard. Round three: Neji chose paper again thinking that Deidara would choose rock again but Deidara saw through his ruse and chose scissors. Deidara actually seemed upset that he won.
“What’s wrong Deidara?” asked Nia, “You won, didn’t you?”
“Isn’t one of Rene’s catch phrases ‘sometimes the winner looses’?”
“She doesn’t use that one very much.”
“This would probably be the kind of situation in which she would use it.”
“You’re right she is annoying like that.”
I soon returned dragging Itachilicious behind me. I decided to use my special saying and I’ll tell you why. You might notice that in any game there is always a winner and a looser. The winner will usually look proud and accomplished and the looser will usually look sad and lowly. I just ask myself which one I would rather give a hug to. Now do you get what I am trying to say?
So I grabbed hold of Neji and led him to my house after promising a thousand times that I wouldn’t take him through the back gate. I brought him into the upstairs of my house, a place where I go when I need to feel innocent. It was a garden of live plants which is almost nonexistent in my village. The grass that grows out of the wood floor is so soft that you could fall asleep on it. That is the place where Neji suddenly became inquisitive about my village.
“So what do you think?” I asked.
“I thought your village was supposed to be scary, this is beautiful,” he joked.
“It is scary at night when the windows are open. Are you trying to say you want to see something scary?”
“Well, I heard that you can’t even imagine how scary it is here.”
“I thought you didn’t want to go through my big iron gate.”
“I would be much obliged if you would change the subject.”
“The only way to get to the village of haunts is through my garden of zombies, Neji. But if you really feel that way then I know the perfect subject to change to.”
I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder. Neji was sometimes nervous around me. I don’t think anybody would believe me if I said that he gets really shy when I try to get him to kiss me. I didn’t have to look up at him to tell that his face was beet red.
“You know, the sunset through one of these windows is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen,” I said quietly.
“That all depends on uh…what you think beautiful is,” he stuttered.
“It’s beautiful like this room. Why does everybody assume that because I’m from the village of the haunts, I think creepy things are beautiful?”
“I’m sorry Rene.”
“You don’t have to apologize to me it was an honest mistake.”
“Rene, could I please have some personal space?”
“C’mon, I won’t bite, unless you want me to. I’m a witch, not a vampire. Now you’re starting to upset me.”
“I didn’t mean it like that, I’m just not ready.”
“Neji, how long have you been saying that you’re not ready? How much longer do you need? How much longer do you think I can wait?”
“The truth is, I’m too proud to admit that I’m afraid to kiss you. I’m ready, but I’m not sure if I can.”
“I’ve never faced this situation before, I don’t know what to do.”
Suddenly my age began to show and tears fell down my cheeks. That was truly the first time I felt clueless in a relationship. I shuddered and closed my eyes. Aren’t boys supposed to be girls’ fearless heroes who certainly aren’t afraid of an innocent kiss. My mind was racing. I jumped when I felt someone’s lips on my own. Neji? I opened my eyes and saw his own gazing hopefully into them.
I was speechless. Neji had just conquered his only fear so that I would quit whining. Man, I’m such a jerk. If he really believes that you can’t change who they are, then I’m doomed.
“Neji, I feel really bad about this. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?” I asked hopefully.
“You already have. You didn’t do anything to make me mad, I just decided to do it to make you feel better,” he said taking me in his arms.
“Thank you Neji.”
“What was it you were saying about the sunset?”
“Just watch, it’s about to happen.”
Neji was speechless when he saw the sunset through my windows. They created rainbow flowers on my ceiling that were almost more beautiful than the real thing. One of my beast friends scratched out the designs with their claws. After seeing it so many times I was still amazed by them.
We fell asleep there, lying on the soft grass. I was really glad he had come because my day would have been completely different if I had spent it with Deidara or Sasori, and lets face it, Itachilicious would never pay mind to a fool like me.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on July 11, 2008, 8:46:30 PM

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on
Y0URIMAGINARYFRIENDAAAAAWH! Neji was nervous! How cwute ^_^