Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Part 1: Return to the Hidden Leaf Village

This is about the character that i would be if i were in Naruto. It may not be that obvious in this story but she likes to hunt demons who hate the Uchiha clan.

Chapter 1 - Part 1: Return to the Hidden Leaf Village

Chapter 1 - Part 1: Return to the Hidden Leaf Village
Nia Uchihas Story

Part 1: Return to the Hidden Leaf Village

Well here we are, not much has changed since I left. I hope Sasuke doesnt get mad at me for not telling him that Im alive, I said as we made our way through the leaf village.
We were going to meet the new Hokagae and do our first demon check of the village. My name is Nia Uchiha if you didnt know that already. Im on a team with Rene, Gonan, and Eskerna Sensei. They call us the wanderers because of our free spirited dispositions and because we turned down the offers to become Kazekagae of the sand village and Kagaekagae of the village of haunts. Ive lived in the village of haunts ever since my parents died when I was four. Im twelve years old now.
Anyway, the Hokagae turned out to be this grumpy old lady named Tsunadae, who had never heard of us. I used a friendly hi and a handshake to hide my disgust. I hate it when people havent heard of us. Being famous was part of my plan to indirectly tell Sasuke that I was alive. He hadnt heard of the wanderers either.
Sasuke was my older brother. Until one day when my sensei returned from a mission with news of him, I thought he was dead. You could say that from the day I was born the two of us have been inseparable best friends. I keep a picture of us by my bed at night so I will never forget him if we never meet again.
There were plenty of places to stay in the leaf village but Eskerna Sensei insisted that we camp on the outskirts of town, in the cold, spider infested woods. Did I mention how much I hate spiders? Oh, now youll all laugh. The fearless Nia Uchiha is afraid of spiders. If only Kiba were there.
On our way to our camp we saw a team of ninja training. From all of the fan girl squealing that Eskerna Sensei did I could tell that their sensei was Kakashi Hatake.
Hey Gonan, arent those Genin practicing over there? I asked.
Id say by the look of them, said Gonan.
Lets get a closer look, they might know&
I froze when I stepped forward to take a closer look because he was standing right there. He looked exactly the same as he always had except he was taller. It was my older brother, it was Sasuke. I had no idea what you were supposed to say to someone who you havent seen in eight years so I stood there.
Whats wrong Nia? You look like your Dark Sharingan backfired, Rene laughed.
I feel really weird, maybe you guys should come over here, I said.
Well Nia, you seem nervous. Do you have any idea why that might be? asked Eskerna Sensei.
I didnt know how to answer her question. Eskerna Sensei, what would you say to a person who you havent seen in eight years?
If you mean like an old friend than I would start by saying hi.
What if this person deserved more than just hi?
Well, I dont really know. Is that Kakashi over there? Hey, Kakashi!
No, Eskerna Sensei, please wait&
As she ran past me I stumbled and fell out of the bushes flat on my face. I looked up and there she was, taking to Kakashi and doing that stupid foot popping thing. Oh no, he saw me, what a terrible first impression. I could tell he knew who I was because he half fainted.
Eskerna, would these be the three kids youve told me so much about? asked Kakashi.
Yes, these are my little wanderers, she giggled.
I will pay you to stop calling us that, said Gonan.
Let me guess, youre Gonan, youre Rene, and youre Nia.
No, actually Im Nia, said Rene.
Im not playing your little game, Rene. I am, however, flattered that you envy me so, I joked.
I was in no mood to play tricks on someone I didnt even know. To make matters worse I couldnt stop glancing up at Sasuke who still looked a little woozy.
Who are these people and why does that girl keep looking at Sasuke? asked one of the Genin.
I recognized the kid as Naruto Uzamaki. He was kind of annoying but also kind of cute. He was in one of my classes at the academy. I was kind of glad he finally became a Genin.
Ya, you better not be getting any ideas little girl!
I didnt know her. Whoever she was I could already tell she was annoying as heck.
Last time I checked, that was not how a Genin was supposed to talk to one of the legendary wanderers, I said.
You havent changed at all Nia, said Sasuke.
I knew you hadnt lost your voice. I guess its safe to say that you havent changed except for your main goal in life. You certainly dont look any different.
So what rank are you now?
Well, officially were all three Jonin but weve exceeded the abilities of Jonin ten fold.
Who told you that?
We inferred based on the offers to be Kazekagae and Kagaekagae and the fact that people call for us like Im Batman, Rene is Robin, and Gonan is Nightwing.
Nia, I dont think Ive ever heard you talk as much as you have just now in a full day before, said Eskerna Sensei.
I said more when I had to explain my power to that demon boy.
It seems that she already knows Sasuke, said Kakashi.
So this is Sasuke huh? He doesnt look that much older than Nia. Im surprised at how much you two look the same. I always thought Nia looked more like&
Eskerna Sensei, dont you remember what we told you about using you know what word around Nia? asked Gonan after he interrupted.
Whats this little girl to Sasuke anyway? asked the annoying girl.
At first I didnt get why she was acting so defensive but then I realized what was going on and it seemed so obvious. There was no doubt in my mind that she was a fan girl. Poor Sasuke!
After she got done asking her stupid question Sasuke came over and helped me up. He was a head taller than I was but I could see that my abilities surpassed his own. I was hopeful that, like me, his actions would speak louder than his words.
My mind suddenly flashed back to my favorite memory. I was really the only person he had back then because everyone else was too busy to spend time with him. We were on our way home from school and I was questioning him.
Sasuke, do you think Ill ever be great or anything? I asked.
I think youll be a decent ninja one day. You wont be as good as me though, Im going to be the best, said Sasuke.
Big brother, if you keep such a big head, then it will explode.
We both laughed. Then he kissed me right above my ear like he always did.
After the part where he ruffled my hair I remembered where I was. Everyone was staring at me like I had done something out of the ordinary, and I had. I had thrown a kunai at a tree and called for Mommy (wolf mother) and she was standing beside me.
Why did you call Wolf Mother Nia? Do you feel threatened? asked Eskerna Sensei.
I didnt realize it at first but I did feel threatened. There was a pair of suspicious eyes upon me. I quickly glanced up in a tree that was across from me and saw one member of my rival demon clan. Without a word and without taking my eyes off of that demon I threw another kunai and telepathically called to Screamer (screaming vulture).
Is there anything wrong? asked Rene.
This time I answered, Yes Rene, something is very wrong. I can hear everything going through his mind. He says that he fears nothing.
Who are you talking about? asked Eskerna Senesi.
There was silence as I did the hand signs for my Living Darkness Wolf Mother and Living Darkness Screaming Vulture Juitsu behind my back. No one seemed to notice Mommy and Screamer turn rabid and purple. I closed my eyes and waited for someone to answer Eskerna Sensei.
It has been a while since youve seen us in action. Maybe were a lot better than you previously thought, Eskerna Sensei, said Gonan.
That was good timing on Gonans part. The demon had just realized that I had spotted him.
Dark Sharingan!
How? he screamed as he jumped down from the tree.
Challenging the wanderers is the last mistake youll ever make, demon. Your only error was that we operate telepathically and this whole time weve been deciding how to kill you demon, I said victoriously.
The only error in any plan you could form is that I dont fear, Uchiha, he scoffed.
Well just have to see about that. I can already see your greatest fear. Youre too late to attack me anyway.
What?
Rene, can you see it?
Unfortunately, yes I can. Its disgusting, Rene whined.
Just do it Rene.
Alright, you dont have to be so mean about it.
Rene whipped out a summoning scroll and summoned up the creature my Dark Sharingan saw in the demons mind. That was all that we needed. Fear distracted the demon long enough for Gonan to detach his arm. Then Rene got out her scythe and it was all over.
Rene was right, it was disgusting but we were used to it by now. I used my Fireball Juitsu and fire came up all around the demon but that was just showing off. Gonans arm clutched his ankle and black shadows started crawling up his leg.
You dont think its over, do you Uchiha? This is far from over, he snarled.
This is over weather you want it to be or not. I wouldnt worry though, Im sure your ancestors saved you a nice cozy spot in Hell, demon, I laughed.
The demon screamed when he felt the searing pain in his leg. Rene jumped high in the air, threw her poison scythe, and put him out of his misery.
Thats what you get for saying you dont fear, I said.
Gonan scowled at me, Be careful Nia, you may be standing there now, but any minute you could be doubled over in pain. I told you not to use your Dark Sharingan any more. It fixes too much chakra in one place and uses a lot of chakra too.
Relax Gonan, it only happens every once in a while.
Nia, for someone with a normal amount of chakra it never happens, for someone with an unusual amount of chakra it happens once and its only a mild case, and for someone with an insane amount of chakra it happens once or twice and its a serious case. You get a serious case almost every time you fight. An endless amount of chakra is not a good thing.
I lost track of what Gonan was saying when my chakra took over. I lost control and my arms started shaking as I fell to the ground.
Chakra failure, I said weakly.
See, what did I tell you.
Gonan rushed over to me and started extracting the extra chakra. After I was able to move again I started pulling away with my arms.
What are you doing Nia? asked Gonan.
I dont need your help! I can take care of myself, I cried.
You cant even move your legs.
Gonan grabbed my ankles and started healing my legs. I air punched the ground and something strange happened. I made a huge crack in the ground and I didnt even touch it. Something was wrong.
I let all of the present issues go and looked up at my brother. He was worried about me; I could see it in his eyes.
You are worried about me, but for the wrong reason, I said.
Please tell me what I think just happened didnt happen, Eskerna Sensei demanded in a tone of hopelessness.
I realized what confessing my returning power would result in and my eyes flooded with tears.
Whats wrong? asked Sasuke as he knelt down by my side.
Its back, I cried knowing that he obviously didnt know what it was.
What is it?
Six years ago, before I became a Chunin, they realized that I wasnt just any ninja. I had power too dangerous to control. They would have killed me then and there if it hadnt been for Eskerna Sensei. She skillfully traded some of my power for an endless supply of chakra. To this day I still dont know how she did it.
But what does that have to do with whats happening to you now?
The power that I had&has returned.
But your sensei can find another way to hold back your power, cant she?
No, thats why Im afraid. I dont want to die!
So it is as I feared, sighed Eskerna Sensei.
What is it? asked Kakashi.
Those three operate in a close team. One may not succeed without the other two and likewise with the other two if something should happen to one. If Nia dies then the other two will fall apart. Eventually I wont see any more of Rene and Gonan will retire to his grave.
Are you sure there all twelve years old?
No, Gonan is sixteen but hes only lived twelve years in this world. Thats why he looks older than the girls.
So are you going to condone this Eskerna? asked Sasuke.
Im not going to get in trouble with the law. Our village doesnt have that many laws so they are especially important to follow.
Then Ill keep her with me. That way she wont get killed!
Nobody wants Nia to die, theres just no way we can run from the law. Theyre all ghosts and theyre all annoying. The ghosts see everything that you dont want them to see. They find joy in your misery and play dirty tricks with your emotions. They make you feel terrible. It doesnt matter if you do find a way to hide her; the ghosts will get suspicious when she destroys the entire hidden leaf village!
Eskerna Senseis sudden venom made Sasuke back off.
Please dont talk about my sister that way, he said calmly.
Sasuke, shes right, I wouldnt want anything like that to happen anyway, I said sadly.
Where are you going Nia?
Dont follow me.
I had gotten up and was walking away into the woods. Right after I disappeared a girl ghost appeared in front of them. She was transparent and her hair and the marks on her cheeks that meant that she was the law were dark purple. Not really sure about her outfit but she floated about with the most terrible look on her face.
I was hiding a few trees back and nearly stopped breathing when I saw the ghost. I remembered that when there was one ghost, the other was always nearby. I looked around the other side of the tree and nearly screamed because Sasuke was standing right there in front of me.
She knows youre here, doesnt she? he asked.
I shushed him and quickly pulled him behind the tree. The boy ghost appeared a few trees away and Sasuke had realized what he had just done. Fortunately, he didnt see us. We relaxed and I almost took my hand off of his mouth but I knew he was going to talk again.
Be quiet Sasuke, he will hover around the spot where he thinks he heard your voice until he find us, I thought to him.
Then we should run, he thought in his own head.
Dont move! If we run hell only get to us faster.

What will he do to you?

I told you not to follow me.
When I thought it was safe, I took my hand off of his mouth slowly as not to be seen. Unfortunately, I was wrong and met eyes with the ghost who was standing to our left. I let out a little panicked whimper and Sasuke got out a kunai.
That will do no good against a ghost, we have to run now! I sobbed.
Dont worry, I wont let them get you Nia, he said calmly.
Unfortunately, my foot was caught in a hole and the ghost was slowly floating closer. I was in no position to run and Sasuke knew that. In his panicked thoughts he decided to grab hold of my arms and carry me to safety. I didnt have anything better so I went with his plan and was he ever fast!
Sasukes plan would have worked if he hadnt been caught in the trap that the ghosts had laid for us. Sasuke ended up tied to a tree and I was caught under a log. I called for help even though I knew it was hopeless.
Are you stuck Nia? asked Sasuke.
I think so, I might be able to get out, I said.
Dont try; I dont want you to hurt yourself.
Im too worn out to try.
Just stay put, Im going to find a way to get over there to you.
Please hurry, I think I hear them coming!
You couldnt possibly hear me coming, ghosts are silent.
There he was that terrible ghost, right behind me. I tried as hard as I could to push the log out of the way but it wouldnt budge. The ghost held a kunai dipped in the most potent poison known to man in his hand. One little cut and I was as good as dead.
Nia look out! Sasuke cried.
His warning came too late and the kunai was embedded in my arm. The ghost cut Sasuke down and he was at my side immediately. That was the last thing I saw before my mind went blank.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

hipeople on July 9, 2008, 12:33:05 PM

hipeople on
hipeopleAh suspense!!!

rainraingoaway on June 20, 2008, 10:29:10 AM

rainraingoaway on
rainraingoawayOMG suspencefull but I know shes alive! theres so many hints!! its so freaky good. Like I can seriously imagine this as a naruto episode!

gaaralover1 on November 20, 2007, 9:30:07 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1HURRY IT UP!!!

Kelalailea on November 20, 2007, 4:45:58 AM

Kelalailea on
KelalaileaI love suspense! It drives people crazy. Please comment!