Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Trouble in the Village of Naught

There is only one member left in the demon clan and he is ready to go after Nia and her brothers.

Chapter 4 - Trouble in the Village of Naught

Chapter 4 - Trouble in the Village of Naught
We were within a mile of the village of naught when I realized that Sasuke wasn't with us. I asked Eskerna Sensei, Rene, and Gonan but they hadn't realized it either. We did a little backtracking and found Sasuke lying in the middle of a clearing playing dead.
Tears formed in my eyes when I saw him. I was sure that the demon had attacked him. No one else would have done it. Gonan confirmed my assesment when he released eight pink maggots from Sasuke's legs and crushed them (OMG, I meant the maggots, not his legs).
I don't know why but time was of the essence. Eskerna Sensei and I went ahead while Gonan and Rene stayed behind to fix Sasuke's legs. I really wanted to stay with Sasuke but Rene insisted on staying. Se was probably trying to earn my trust or something like that.
We arrived at the village of naught to see Itachi leaving in a hurry. I barely had enough time to comprehend what I was seeing before he spoke.
"Nia, what are you doing here?" he asked.
"We came to bring you back," I gasped.
"Are you alright, Nia?"
"I thought nobody ever left the village of naught."
"If nobody ever left, then nobody would know about it. Almost nobody leaves."
"Why are you leaving?"
"I'm in love."
"What?!"
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Itahchi was in love?! I didn't have much more time to wonder before I fainted. Did Itachi really just say he was in love? No...he couldn't have, it was only a bad dream. I'm the only girl in his life anyway. Could he have fallen in love with RENE?!!! NO! I just refuse to believe that my brother would fall in love with a spazz like Rene.
I woke up in a room that seemed strangely familiar. There were two beds but I was the only one in the room. The room that I was in seemed to stir up my fondest memories. Then it hit me. It looked just like the room that Sasuke and I shared when we were kids. Of course it couldn't have been that room unless I was still unconsious and dreaming.
I sat up and felt my forehead. Ugh, what a headache! After I pinched myself a few times I realized that I wasn't dreaming. What kind of messed up reality is this?! Just when I thought it couldn't get any weirder, my mom walked in. She ran over to me and squeezed me so hard that I could barely breathe.
"Thank goodness you're awake!" she exclaimed.
"Am I dead?" I gasped.
"You don't look dead to me. If you were, I don't think you would be here right now."
"Well, if I'm not dead and I'm not dreaming, then where am I?"
"You're in the village of naught, Nia."
"I knew that. I just had to make sure. Has there been any sign of Gonan?"
"I was kind of hoping that you wouldn't ask about that just yet. Since you have, I think it would be better if your friends told you what happened."
Mom led me out of the house where Eskerna Sensei, Rene, Gonan, Itachi, and Dad were carrying on a conversation. I was not happy to see my father. The last thing I remembered about my father was that he tried to kill me. I could tell that Rene was as pissed as I was but for a different reason. I noticed right away that Sasuke wasn't with them.
"Hey guys, where's Sasuke?" I asked semi-frantically.
"Nia there's something you should know about that demon," Gonan said quietly.
"Gonan, please tell me that friend of yours was not Sasuke," Itachi said doubtfully.
"The demon knows where the village of naught is. On our way here he attacked us."
"I didn't ask for the whole story. Can you just answer my first question? Where is Sasuke?"
"He was badly injured and I couldn't heal him on the spot so I..."
"I know you didn't take him to the hospital."
"I didn't take him to the hospital if that's a bad thing."
"I guess it's partially my fault for not telling you. If things don't go the way you expected, I'll try not to get too mad at you."
"Nia, what are you talking about?"
"Itachi's death was no coincidence. They may have told you that it's rare for anyone to die from a maggot infestation but they were lying. You know as well as I do that you'll only die if they reach your heart. We know that itachi was stabbed but until now we didn't know who did it. I have figured out who did it. The head surgeon at the hospital is the real last demon. If you brought Sasuke to the hospital, then he's probably dead."
"If that's how it it, then it is my fault. Rene said we should stay but I thought we shoudl tell you what happened."
"He didn't trust me!" Rene whined.
"I didn't know you were sensing the future!"
"You shoudl have been paying attention!"
"Alright, that's enough." I said calmly.
Normally I would have thrown a warning shot between the two of them. It was probably my optimistic nature that made me so calm. I wasn't worried at all. One way or another, Sasuke was going to live. We were all silent because I was deep in thought. Suddenly, I broke the silence.
"Itachi, how did the demon get the maggots to listen to him?" I asked loudly.
"They were in his hair," said Itachi. (ew so unbelieveably disgusting)
"Go keep an eye on Sasuke. I'll meet you at the hospital tomorrow morning."
"Where are you going?" asked Eskerna Sensei.
"I don't know."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment