Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Me and Dot

This is a Christmas story about a girl named Eliza. She lives in The City of Twilight where nobody but her is on Santa's nice list. She meets Santa's son and they become best friends. You'll have to read to learn more.

Chapter 1 - Me and Dot

Chapter 1 - Me and Dot
Hello, my name is Eliza and I live in The City of Twilight. The people who live in The City of Twilight are infamous for being on Santa's naughty list. Since I was a little girl, I have always been on the nice list. I've tried to keep quiet the fact that Santa Clause visits me but its hard when I get all these nice presents for Christmas.
I still found a way to keep quiet my Christmas secret. Then I met my best friend, Dot. I met him a few hears ago on Christmas Eve. He's the son of Santa Clause. Ever since I met Dot I've been getting extra presents from Santa. Last year he sneaked a Golden Retriever puppy into Santa's bag.
The thing about Dot is that he may be more than just my best friend. I may be sort of...well...very much in love with him. You could say that everybody but him knows it too. Whenever he's around my parents and my older brother act nicer. I can tell that my brother hates being nice, though. Because of that, he hates Dot.
Anyway, our story begins one day when Dot and I were hanging out at the North Pole. We were just wandering around thinking of something to do.
"Let me see. Is there anything you've always wanted to know?" asked Dot.
"Well, around here there seems to be a magical explanation for everything so there is something I'm curious about. Why does it snow all the time?" I asked with a grin.
"C'mon Liza, its the North Pole."
"No, no that's not what I meant. You know what I meant."
"Alright, you could say that the elves take advantage of opportunity. Dad doesn't make lists for them so they do bad things alot. They're not as bad as the people in The City of Twilight, though."
"So the attitude of the elves makes it cold and the snow is purely natural?"
"That's about right."
At that point we had wandered into a strange warehouse. There were elves there. They were marching around, carrying clubs with pointy things on them.
"What are they doing?" I asked curiously.
"I really have no idea," Dot replied.
"You mean this is unusual?"
"Yes I've never seen anything like this before. What could it mean? Wait...c'mon."
"Where are you going?"
"I have to talk to my dad."
Dot ran down the halls to Santa's office. I sprinted to keep up with him. Something had just occured to him and I wanted to know what it was. He knew what the elves were doing. Dot pounded on the office door and Santa's friendly voice said 'come in.'
"What's going on, Dad?" Dot asked frantically.
"Oh, Dot, its you," Santa said invitingly.
"Please, you have to tell me. What are the elves doing?"
"Alright, the people of The City of Twilight are tired of getting nothing but coal. They are going to come down here and force us to give them presents."
"No, they wouldn't!" I exclaimed.
"They are preparing for battle right now."
"We have to stop this. There must be some way," Dot said desperately.
"The only way to stop them is to put the Christmas spirit back into their hearts."
"But the only way to do that is to ask the Spirit of Christmas."
"Yes and the Spirit of Christmas is dying. She's too sick to use that much magic. The only way we could stop them would be to find a new person to be the Spirit of Christmas."
"Then I'll go find the new Spirit of Christmas."
Dot ran back out of the office and straight to his room. There was a determined look in his eyes that I hadn't seen since last Christmas when he was determined to ride in the sleigh with Santa.
"Dot, what's going on? Who's the Spirit of Christmas?" I asked.
"The Spirit of Christmas is a Christmas angel who keeps Christmas Spirit alive all through the year," Dot replied sadly.
"Well, if she's an angel, how is she dying."
"The Spirit of Christmas is chosen from a group of humans who show lots of Christmas spirit. They are given the power to bring life to Christmas and keep it alive in the hearts of all people."
"Oh. That must take time."
"Not if you know where to look."
"You know what?"
"No, I don't know what."
"I'm going to run away from home and come and live with you. I'll help you find the new Spirit of Christmas."
"Liza, are you sure you want to run away from home? Won't your parents and your brother miss you?"
"Not really, most of the people back home despise me because I'm always on the nice list."
"Oh, I guess we'll have to go back and get your stuff and we'll have to make sure they're really going to attack us."
"Alright, what's the fastest way to go."
"I'm glad you asked."

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment