Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Fate Loves Me

The characters from Anime Idol are back for another adventure. We go to a normal town headed by a mysterious castle. What will happen when we enter the castle grounds?

Chapter 5 - Fate Loves Me

Chapter 5 - Fate Loves Me
Exactly a week after I had arrived in the castle I had begun to like the man in the cell. He sang all the time. Most of the time I couldn't tell what he was singing but I did catch "How Do You Love" by Collective Soul and "Dying" by Five For Fighting. He reminded me so much of David and my heart hurt every time I heard his voice.
That night something about him was different. He was singing louder and I could hear him from my bed. This was unusual because usually he sang very quietly. I could barely hear him in the same room. That night he was much louder. The song he was singing so loudly was "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing." That song was one that David sang to me alot.
Then it hit me. There, lying in my bed I realized that the man in the cell was David. I had to use all of my strength to keep myself from running into the room to kiss him through the bars. My heart was bursting out of my chest. I was full of elation, then nervousness, then determination, then a combination of all three. This always happened to me. I would get my hopes up so high, then my lover would disappear or meet his impending doom.
I finally decided what my plan was going to be and I sprinted into the room.
"Well, you're certainly in a hurry to be somewhere," said a person I now knew to be David.
"David! Its me! Its Emma!" I said desperately.
"Emma, it can't be! Why didn't you tell me before?"
"I didn't know it was you."
"Wow, Emma, you look beautiful!"
"C'mon its not that bad, is it?"
"why won't you come closer?"
"We had a deal."
"Emma..."
"I don't want to go back on my word."
"Emma, I know how you feel about me. I heard what you said."
His arms were reaching out to me. I walked slowly and cautiously accross the room and carefully pushed his hands down.
"David...please don't do this. I'm not strong enough to resist right now," I sighed.
"Then don't! Its only me so you have nothing to prove!" he said with determination.
"No, you don't understand..."
"What don't I understand? I heard you were heartbroken because you were never going to see me again."
"I just got an idea. I'll explain everything later. Uhh, guards! I need to speak with you."
The door swung open.
"Well, by the cheerful tone of voice I guess its safe to say that you've moved on," said the same guy I talked to before.
"Not quite, my captive is David. I want to make him my prince," I said cheerfully.
"Just one question, what did you do with the original captive?"
"David was the original captive, I just didn't know it."
"Alright, permission granted. You'll have to wait until tomorrow though."
"Why, all you have to do is let him out of the cell, right?"
"No, he has to prove his love by saving you from the giant serpent. She and the king are sleeping. The king enjoys watching especially when he knows that you're going to loose."
"David...doesn't need to prove his love."
"Every captive must defeat a monster before he can become a prince."
"Fine, you better be here bright and early."
"We definitely will be here. The king will be glad to hear that he gets to use his serpent again. He's been down in the dumps because he lost his favorite dragon yesterday. She didn't go down without a fight, though. The prince and the princess both recieved serious burns."
"Who were they? What were there names?"
"It was a purple and black princess named Sammy. Her prince was a young man that went by the name of Daniel."
"Alright, you can go back to your guarding now."
The two guards turned around and the door swung closed. I rushed into by bedroom even though David was pleading for me to stay. A huge grin spread accross my face as I realized that for the remainder of that night and the next day David wasn't leaving my sight. I quickly stripped the blankets and pillows off of my bed and walked back into the room where the cell was.
I set the blankets and pillows next to the cell and slipped into bed. The look on David's face said 'I told you so' all over.
"I wowed you, didn't I?" he asked happily.
"I don't see how someone behind bars can be so happy and no. But you're going to wow me tomorrow," I laughed.
"C'mon Emma, tell the truth."
"Alright, I confess, if it weren't for those bars I wouldn't be able to restrain myself."
"So, what did those guards say that made you so upset?"
"Oh, that? Daniel had to fight a dragon for Sammy."
"They didn't die, did they?"
"They both recieved serious burns. Wait...what's wrong?"
"Its nothing. I'm just being pessimistic. I just have this strange feeling that nothing is ever going to change between us."
"If that's the case, then it looks like I'm going to have to do some explaining."
"Can it wait until tomorrow? I'm really tired."
"You read my mind. I was planning to tell you tomorrow anyway."
"In that case, I hope you have very sweet dreams."
"Well, I hope your dreams are as sweet as you are."
We were lying there staring at eachother for a long time. Then David realized that he was hampering my efforts at falling asleep. All he wanted to do was make me fall asleep. He started stroking my hair and softly humming. He was singing "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" again. Even though I didn't want them to, my eyes began to droop. Before I knew it, the voice I was hearing was in my dreams.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

hipeople on July 12, 2008, 1:34:38 PM

hipeople on
hipeopleAww,cute~

Falconlobo on June 25, 2008, 5:07:46 AM

Falconlobo on
Falconlobocute

GreyPichu on June 18, 2008, 12:28:59 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuAww! That's so cute and sweet! =3

Hihachi17 on May 31, 2008, 12:29:05 AM

Hihachi17 on
Hihachi17aaw thats so sweet ^^