Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - The Ball

The characters from Anime Idol are back for another adventure. We go to a normal town headed by a mysterious castle. What will happen when we enter the castle grounds?

Chapter 10 - The Ball

Chapter 10 - The Ball
After that chair was thrown at me I realized that I was loosing the ability to fight back. My arms were shaking and I felt numb all over. When I opened my eyes I was sitting in the room with the cell alone. There were tearstains on my cheek but the tears didn't belong to me. I must have fainted. Where was David? My question was quickly answered when he walked out of the bedroom. His head was down so he didn't see me until he got to the couch.
"Emma!" he exclaimed as he ran over and knocked the wind out of me with a crushing hug.
"Okay, ow, what is the meaning of this?" I asked confusedly.
"Emma, I thought I killed you!"
"What?! You threw that chair?!"
"I thought you were someone else."
"You thought I was Victor."
"He made me really mad. I can't believe some of the things he said about you."
"I never actually kissed him if it makes you feel better."
"That does make me feel a little better. When were you planning on telling me we were bringing him back with us?"
"Uhhh, David, can you read minds? How did you find out? I'm not thinking of cheating on you if that's what you think. I am offended that the thought even came into your head!"
"I was a little suspicious but now I'm not. Emma, I'm so glad you're alright. You have no idea..." he started tearing up again.
"I know exactly how you feel because it's happened to me before. You know what? I really missed you even though it was only a short time."
"Emma, that doesn't sound like you at all."
"Well, I took your advice. Now c'mon, we have to get ready for the ball."
"What ball?"
"Oh, I forgot to tell you..."
So I told David all about the ball that we were going to next week. I rolled my eyes when he looked excited about it. I HATE dancing! He was probably going to make me dance. We decided that we would wear our ninja outfits underneath our medieval costumes so we could fight the heartless guards. I didn't know how David found out about Victor but it scared me. I was glad that I had to explain the whole situation to him because I was afraid that he really could read my mind. He seemed to know that I was becoming helpless too. I was not surprised about that.
We had to call anime characters from all of the shows that we knew. First we called the Naruto world and, not much to David's liking, we got Kiba Inuzuka and Kankuro. It was much to his disliking because Kiba is my favorite guy from Naruto and he didn't want me crushing on him like I did with Light. Then we called a character from a new anime. The character was Destiny Hero Doom Lord from Yugioh GX. Then we called Joey Wheeler and Tristin Taylor from Yugioh because they are good at fighting. Next we called some more characters from anime shows new to Anime Idol. There was Edward Elric, Aido Hanabusa, and Mew Ichigo! They all agreed to help.
We called a few more people after that. There was Byakuya Kuchki, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Ryuk(an old friend of course), Vincent Valentine, Yuna, Yuffie, Squall Leonheart, and Sora. Then we told our buddies about the secret plan. We would take our anime friends and destroy all of the heartless guards and then we would take Victor back with us. David was very much opposed to the idea of bringing Victor back because he thought he was competition. I silently hoped that those two would become friends because I didn't know how much more of this my fragile little heart could take.
* * * *

On the night of the ball we were all ready to go. Everyone but me was excited to be dancing. I was just looking forward to holding my katana again. I was thinking that I would luck out and David and I would just talk the whole time but he forced me to dance. Halfway through one of the songs he finally noticed that I wasn't having much fun. I kind of wondered why he hadn't noticed that I wasn't too excited about this before.
"Emma, what's wrong?" he asked in a confused tone.
"What's wrong? I hate dancing that's what's wrong. Why did Victor have to make it a ball? He knows I extremely dislike dancing!" I shouted quietly so Victor couldn't hear.
"Well why didn't you say so? We don't have to dance if you don't want to"
Suddenly an anime tear drop appeared on my head and I thought I was going to cry.
"Are you serious?"
"Uhhh, no I'm David."
"Just forget it. Can we go get our ninja wepons now?"
"Not yet we have to wait for the signal. Emma, there's something I've been meaning to ask you for a long time. Do you mind if I ask now?"
"Sure, I'm not going back onto that dance floor."
"Well, I was wondering if it's going to be the same between us when we get back home. You've been treating me differently here."
"Well, I think it's a definite maybe but we'll just have to wait and see. I don't know myself how it's going to be. I sure hope it is because I don't think I've had more fun in my whole, long, thousand year, life than I've had here."
"Emma, there's something else. Are you sure you're going to be able to fight?"
"What do you mean? Of course I'm going to fight. Why would you think I wouldn't be able to fight?"
"It's the way you've been acting lately. It's like you really are as helpless as you are pretending to be. I'm really worried about you."
"Well, I guess my ninja skills may have gotten a little rusty because I haven't done any fighting in a while. It's been almost two months in this castle and I haven't done any fighting."
"I sure hope you're right."
As a matter of fact, David and I were feeling exactly the same thing. I was also worried that I was not going to be able to fight. I didn't want Victor to see me that way. He would blame David. I didn't know how I was going to handle this at all. As I was thinking about those things we got the signal. I was actually a little scared now.
Outside in the courtyard we found the secret door that Victor told us about and in it were our weapons. We all changed into our ninja and KH outfits and got our weapons. I noticed how my hands were shaking as I attached my katana to my belt. If anyone asked I was shaking with excitement. Then all the anime characters arrived and it was time for the battle.
At first the guards were confused when we all rushed into the room with our weapons. Then they attacked us all. I didn't know why I was afraid becauseI was doing just fine. Because I had shown my fear to David, he never left my side in the battle. He was watching my every move. Then it happened. This huge knot formed in the pit of my stomach and the heartless guards in front of me became something else. I began to make more openings for the enemies rushing at me and I was getting weaker by the second. Then, suddenly I was hit by an arrow and I collapsed onto the ballroom floor. David was by my side in seconds calling out my name but I couldn't hear him. I didn't know what was going on but I was scared now more than ever.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

hipeople on July 12, 2008, 2:09:49 PM

hipeople on
hipeopleO poor Emma...unless...Dun-*gets shot by misfired arrow*

Falconlobo on July 7, 2008, 3:10:30 AM

Falconlobo on
Falconlobocool

GreyPichu on June 28, 2008, 1:18:44 PM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuOMG I really really really hope Emma's okay! =O