Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The King's Announcement

Princess Kel's father has announced that a jousting tournament will be held for her hand in marriage. A few days later eight princes arrive in the kingdom. Who will win? Read to find out.

Chapter 1 - The King's Announcement

Chapter 1 - The King's Announcement
Chapter 1-1: The King’s Announcement
I must say that, for once, I don’t know where to start. I guess I should probably start by explaining what occurred before the jousting tournament. Yes, that’s it. I suppose that is a very important part of the story. Pardon me for ranting. Now I shall begin my story.
All of this nonsense began on the day my father summoned me and announced that it was high time I got married. He seemed to have this all figured out. It was a plot, practically an arranged marriage in my opinion. He was planning on inviting princes from every far off land he could think of for a jousting tournament. First prize, his daughter’s hand in marriage.
I didn’t let on that I wasn’t crazy about his idea. I had always dreamed of falling in love and an arranged marriage sounded incredibly dull and tragic to me. I was thinking of those things as I watched the workmen prepare for the jousting tournament. Suddenly, a single white dove flew across the sky and landed upon my balcony. When I realized why the dove was there, my heart skipped a beat and I ran up to my room.
As I reached the balcony the dove flew into my room and perched on the table next to my bed. I looked for a moment at the beautiful ribbon tied around its leg. I knew that the thing tied behind the ribbon was much more precious than the ribbon itself. Keeping that in mind I pulled out the note that was tucked behind the ribbon and opened it with the gentlest care.
My dear Princess Kelalailea,
I have decided to participate in your father’s jousting tournament. With such an amazing and beautiful prize I suppose I can’t afford not to. I will win and then we can finally be together. I can’t tell you how many times I have dreamed of that day. There is no need to fear for my love for you will lead me to victory no matter what. I am sitting here impatiently waiting to see your face. I guess I will just have to endure a few more days. Until then…
I am always yours
Prince Kyle
Oh, my sweet Prince Kyle! Not a sweeter or more wonderful boy existed in this world! That is, if he even did exist. I would have to wait until the jousting tournament to find out. Maybe the piece of paper in front of me, the ribbon, and the dove were all figments of my imagination.
Yes, it’s true, I was already in love. It’s also true that sending those letters back and forth was terribly forbidden. I wanted to at least give love a fighting chance before my father gave me away to the wrong person.
* * * *
A few days later all of the princes arrived. With them came my friends, Princess Meghanchan, Princess Hannah, Princess Yugachan, and Princess Sammy. I was very much looking forward to seeing them again. One thing I was not looking forward to was the ceremony that I would have to sit through that morning.
I slumped down in my chair and barely paid attention to the ceremony. Right at that moment the princes were more interested in pleasing my father than they were pleasing me. No, I was told that I had to introduce myself to each prince individually and on my own time.
After the ceremony I went back to my room to prepare for the long day ahead of me. I didn’t so much as groan, though, for I knew that it was the day when I would finally meet my dearest love. For my prince and my prince alone did I dress my best. Then, as soon as I was done dressing, I went out to meet the princes.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Neopetgirl on October 11, 2008, 3:26:54 AM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlAwh.. she's in love.. -dreamy sigh- Sorry, I'm such a sucker for romantic stuff..

Wow, I can't believe it hasn't gotten more comments.. hm, makes me wonder. Because this story has something, even if it started out as a RP, I really like how you word everything. Makes it easier for the reader to imagine what's happening! Good work, I'm off to the next chapter now!

GreyPichu on September 27, 2008, 7:16:38 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuAww, she's in love with a person she doesn't even know. that's so awesome! ^________^