Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Prince Victor

Princess Kel's father has announced that a jousting tournament will be held for her hand in marriage. A few days later eight princes arrive in the kingdom. Who will win? Read to find out.

Chapter 2 - Prince Victor

Chapter 2 - Prince Victor
Chapter 1-2: Prince Victor
I walked out into the garden and found one of the princes there, picking apart a rose. He wasn’t very tall but I could tell he was older than I was. He was extremely handsome. His black hair hung down in his emerald eyes and formed a small ponytail in the back. He dressed a bit different. He wore all black and his clothes were quite plain. Just the fact that a few buttons on his shirt were undone made him look unbelievably sexy, though. When he realized that I was there he looked up at me with eyes that seemed a bit too innocent.
“H-h-hello,” I stuttered.
“Greetings my dear princess,” he said as he rose from his seat. The way he held his head reminded me of a cobra.
“Are you one of the princes?” I had no way of knowing for he wore no crown on his head.
“Indeed I am one of the princes. I am Prince Victor.” He bowed slightly, lifted my hand, and kissed it. (Such things were customary in that time)
“Then it’s a pleasure to meet you.”
“Ah, the same to you. I suppose it would be necessary for the princess to meet the one she is to marry.”
“A bit overconfident, are we?”
“Not in the least. I was only stating the obvious for it is apparent that no prince in this competition, save the one you see before you, had any talent for jousting at all.”
“Well, I suppose I will just have to see for myself on that matter.” I gathered up my skirt as if I was preparing to leave.
“Wait, does the princess not wish to give her handkerchief to her champion?”
“No, she does not.”
I walked off without another word. I was appalled at the rudeness of Prince Victor’s tone and words. It also may have been the expression on his face as well. The nerve of him! Who would dare ask for my handkerchief like that?! He could have at least asked for my favor. Even if he had asked for my favor, I wouldn’t have given it to him. I had someone else in mind.
I was really hoping that the other princes weren’t like Prince Victor was. I prayed that they weren’t. Prince Victor was rude and overconfident and he gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I wanted a prince who was sweet and loving and made me feel like heaven was nearby. I kept those things in mind as I made my way to find the next prince.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Neopetgirl on October 11, 2008, 3:33:42 AM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlOkay, okay Prince Victor is no good! -shakes head- How very arrogant and rude he is. -smiles- But I'm sure she'll find someone better! -reads onto the next chapter, excitedly!-