Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Prince Ed

Princess Kel's father has announced that a jousting tournament will be held for her hand in marriage. A few days later eight princes arrive in the kingdom. Who will win? Read to find out.

Chapter 6 - Prince Ed

Chapter 6 - Prince Ed
Chapter 1-6: Prince Edward
I walked into the camp and I found one of the princes pacing next to a tree. He had curly blonde hair and bright blue eyes. There’s not much to say about what he was wearing. It was pretty much normal other than the fact that he wore a blue cape. He looked up right away when he noticed me. I walked over to the tree and smiled at him.
“Hello there, which prince are you?” I asked holding out my hand. (This was starting to get a bit tedious.)
“My name is Prince Edward, but you may call me Prince Ed,” he replied as he bowed, took my hand, and kissed it. (Very tedious)
“Pleasure to meet you.”
“Oh no, milady, the pleasure is all mine.”
“So, Prince Ed, why have you entered the jousting tournament?”
“I had no choice. My parents are forcing me to marry. Not that I have anything against you. You’re a fine princess…it’s just…I don’t want to marry.”
“You mean you never want to marry ever?!” I was in shock. For a prince to not want to marry meant that he desired the destruction of his family.
“Oh no, of course not. I want to marry, just not now.”
“That makes more sense. I didn’t think you would want to destroy your family.”
“No, not at all. It’s really a blessing that I have an older brother. I have no desire to rule.”
“What will you do with yourself then?”
“Well, to be honest I just want to run away. It doesn’t matter weather I’m with someone or alone. I want to run away, disappear, and never come back.”
“Are you tired of your parents or are you just a free spirit?”
“I don’t have anything against my parents. I just feel the need for wide open spaces and wilderness.”
“I hope you can get there someday. I apologize, I must go now. It’s getting late and I still have four more princes to meet.”
“That’s quite alright; I’ve got things I must attend to as well. We were well met, princess.”
Prince Ed bowed and went back to his pacing. I continued to search for princes. I found Princess Yugachan as I was searching. I decided to stop and talk to her for a moment. We didn’t talk for very long. I explained everything that was going on with the jousting tournament and she told me about everything that was going on with her and Prince Taylorkun. (She knew that I liked to hear about those kinds of things.) I did not talk to her as long as I would have liked, but I had to move on.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment