Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Prince Joe

Princess Kel's father has announced that a jousting tournament will be held for her hand in marriage. A few days later eight princes arrive in the kingdom. Who will win? Read to find out.

Chapter 8 - Prince Joe

Chapter 8 - Prince Joe
Chapter 1-8: Prince Joe
I walked, next, to the practice fields. Right away I noticed a prince riding toward me. He was a prince that I recognized. His black hair and sparkling eyes both looked familiar to me. They belonged to Prince Joe, one of the three princes who had been my childhood friends. I smiled at him.
“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Prince Joe,” I said rubbing my hands together. (It had grown quite cold as the sun began to go down)
“It’s good to see you again, Princess Kel,” he said hopping down off of his horse.
“It’s wonderful to see you again as well.”
He gave me a hug and I held out my hand. He then looked at my hand in a puzzled manner.
“Uhh, do you want to dance?”
“Not right now. I’ll wait until the ball for that. You’re supposed to kiss it, Prince Joe.” I took his hand and laughed. (Prince Joe was known to be very funny)
“Grrr, I do that often. I apologize, Princess Kel.” He kissed my hand and made a sad face.
I put my hand on his shoulder. “That is quite alright. I am a bit forgetful as well.”
I knew that there was no pressure when I was with Prince Joe. Our relationship was purely of friendship. He loved me the same way he loved Princess Sammy. He was a very good friend that I regretted having to loose. (all will be explained) the thought of seeing Prince Joe only as a good friend made me curious as to the reason for his participation in the jousting tournament.
“Princess Kel, do you need to talk to more princes?” he asked holding his horse steady.
“Yes, I have three more to meet,” I answered with a touch of confusion.
“Then go ahead and hop on. I know where you can find one.” He patted his horse’s saddle.
“Is there room for me?”
“I’ll walk.”
“Alright.”
He held me up so I could reach the saddle. He arms didn’t leave my side until he was sure I wasn’t going to fall off. Then he slowly began to lead his horse away from the practice fields.
“Prince Joe, there is something I must ask you,” I said after a while.
“Ask away,” he said happily.
“Why did you enter the jousting tournament? I know you don’t love me.”
“I do.”
“No…no you don’t.”
“Like a sister, princess.”
“Oh, but why did you enter the tournament?”
“I entered to keep you safe from the bad princes. After I do that, I will bow out gracefully.”
“Bad princes?”
“Yes, there are a few princes who do not have honorable intentions. You remember Prince Jesse, don’t you?”
“Of course I do.”
“He just wants to make trouble for Prince Kyle. I will defeat him in the first round.”
“But then you’ll be jousting against Prince Kyle.”
“Don’t let a worry enter you’re cute little head. I haven’t a prayer of defeating Prince Kyle. He is by far the most skilled of all the princes who entered.”
“That’s good to know.”
We reached the edge of the practice fields. He once again put his hand up and I jumped off the horse and into his arms. he gave me a quick hug, hopped onto his horse, and rode away.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment