Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Prince David

Princess Kel's father has announced that a jousting tournament will be held for her hand in marriage. A few days later eight princes arrive in the kingdom. Who will win? Read to find out.

Chapter 9 - Prince David

Chapter 9 - Prince David
Chapter 1-9: Prince David
I looked around and finally noticed the prince sitting on a bench a little way off. He looked quite charming. His hair was short and spiky and it looked like he was growing a beard. His hair was brown and his eyes were a dark olive color. I slowly walked up to him and waved.
“Hello there,” I said cheerfully.
“Am I right in saying that you are one of the princes who are competing in my father’s jousting tournament?”
“Yes.”
“So, which prince do I have the pleasure of meeting?”
“Prince David, at your service, m’lady.”
“Well, Prince David, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” I held out my hand. (Tedious t-e-d-i-o-u-s)
He bowed and took my hand. (Hey, that’s different) “The pleasure is mine.”
“I noticed that you are going up against Prince Victor first. Are you very skilled at jousting?”
“I have a brief history, but I think I will do well.”
“I see. I was also curious as to your reasons for entering the tournament.”
“Simply to impress my dear Princess Sammy.”
Ahah! Now things made more sense. Prince David must have been the handsome, romantic prince that Princess Sammy told me about. (we talked before I found Prince Joe) That must be the reason he didn’t kiss my hand.
“So, you must be the prince that Princess Sammy told me about,” I said with a suspicious smile.
“Probably.”
At that moment something hit me. I had this strange feeling that Prince Kyle hadn’t come. I just had a sudden need to be with him. The only problem was I couldn’t shake the feeling that my need would never be satisfied.
“You wouldn’t have happened to see Prince Kyle around, have you?” I asked trying not to sound desperate.
“I’m sorry m’lady, but I have not,” he replied.
“Oh.” I sighed.
“Is something the matter?”
“No, not at all.” I blinked and I realized that a tear was rolling down my cheek.
“Are you sure, m’lady?”
“I’ll be honest, I don’t know anymore.”
“I am detecting a soft spot for him in your heart.”
“You would be right about that.”
“Is there anything I can do to help m’lady?”
“It would help a great deal if you had seen him for I fear he hasn’t come.”
“What do you mean m’lady? Have you not seen him in some time?”
“I haven’t seen him at all. Not even since the tournament began.”
“Maybe he fears for his life, and has fled.”
“He wouldn’t do that. I know he wouldn’t.”
“Maybe someone has taken him.”
“I don’t want to think of it.”
“Then, until my match, I shall search for him.”
“Oh, thank you.”
“It will be my pleasure, m’lady.”
“Thank you, Prince David.”
“You are most welcome, my princess.”
“I’m afraid I must now depart.”
“Pleasure meeting you.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment