Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Prince Jesse

Princess Kel's father has announced that a jousting tournament will be held for her hand in marriage. A few days later eight princes arrive in the kingdom. Who will win? Read to find out.

Chapter 10 - Prince Jesse

Chapter 10 - Prince Jesse
Chapter 1-10: Prince Jesse
I was walking back toward the castle because I had just realized that it was my bedtime. One of the two remaining princes was waiting for me at the door. He was not Prince Kyle though he did look familiar. He had sandy, blonde hair and blue eyes. His sly smile that even seemed a bit joking was the most familiar. I stopped and addressed him.
“Hello there. I feel like I know you from somewhere,” I said holding out my hand.
“That you do, my lady, I am Prince Jesse, leader and warrior of the greatest army the lands have ever seen,” he replied kissing my hand.
I laughed. “Are you telling me a premonition of yours or do you boast about that which you wish you had?”
“It looks like you caught me.”
“So, you were trying to impress me. Prince Jesse, it’s been a long time. It’s good to see you again.”
“No, my lady, it’s good to see you. Long have I waited to hear your voice again.”
“I see you haven’t changed. How is Princess Hannah?”
“She is doing fine but never mind about her. I care about you and you only.”
“Oh really? Maybe you have changed…just a bit.” I was blushing again.
“I have changed. We’ve both changed. I have changed into a man and you into a beautiful woman.”
“Did you forget about what happened when we were young or do you believe that it didn’t count for anything because we were naïve?”
“It doesn’t matter because your father gave us all this chance to have you.”
“I’ve changed more than you know. I’m not as easy as I used to be. I will accept on one but Prince Kyle.”
“Make that well known and he’ll be sentenced to death.”
“Prince Kyle will win.”
“Pardon me, Princess Kel, but I think you need a reality check. You need to realize that your hero, Prince Kyle, is not going to come for you. The reason you haven’t seen him isn’t because you haven’t found him yet, it’s because he didn’t come.”
“You’re wrong! I will see him because he did come, and he is going to win!”
I didn’t wait for his answer. I ran away from him as fast as I could. Tears were starting to fall down my cheeks. I knew he was wrong. Prince Jesse was very wrong. Prince Kyle would never desert me like that. I knew he wouldn’t. (If you’re confused, just wait. All will be explained in the following two chapters)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment