Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Round Two of the Jousting Tournament

Princess Kel's father has announced that a jousting tournament will be held for her hand in marriage. A few days later eight princes arrive in the kingdom. Who will win? Read to find out.

Chapter 15 - Round Two of the Jousting Tournament

Chapter 15 - Round Two of the Jousting Tournament
Chapter 2-2: Round Two of the Jousting Tournament
Before Match Number One
I had to see Prince Kyle before his match. Prince Victor was really starting to scare me. I definitely didn’t want Prince Victor to marry me, and I certainly didn’t want him to be in charge of my father’s kingdom. I felt like I needed to tell Prince Kyle about my fears, but I didn’t know how he would react to it. I found Prince Kyle at his camp. He was taking a nap.
“Hey, Prince Kyle,” I said as I shook him lightly.
“Oh, it’s you,” he said sleepily.
“Tired?”
“Nah, I’m just resting before my match.”
“There’s something I wanted to tell you.” I sat down next to him.
“Go ahead, I’ve got time.”
“It’s about Prince Victor. He’s really starting to scare me quite a bit.”
“How is he scaring you?”
“Well, he’s awfully strong. He’s almost as strong as you. He’s also extremely rude.”
“He was rude to you?”
“Yeah, he was rude to me.”
“That’s not right.” He stood up.
“Where are you going?” I stood up too.
“Prince Victor shouldn’t be rude to you like that.” He walked toward Prince Victor’s camp, and I followed him.
“What are you going to do?”
“Someone’s got to stand up to him.”
“Prince Kyle…”
He stopped and turned around. “What?”
“…Please be careful.”
He hugged me. “I will be, don’t worry.”
“I trust you.”
He let go of me and walked over to Prince Victor. I followed close behind.
“Hey, I thought I told you to stay away from my princess!” he snapped.
My mouth shot open. “Your princess?”
“Don’t worry, Princess Kel, I’ll take care of this,” Prince Kyle said quietly.
“Take care of what?” Prince Victor growled.
“You!”
Prince Kyle punched Prince Victor in the face. Before he could react, Prince Pete showed up and came between them. (silence the violence, increase the peace.) The facial expression that Prince Pete flashed to Prince Kyle was not a friendly one. In fact, his expression looked a bit jealous.
Match Number One: Prince Joe Vs. Prince Kyle
I am going to estimate and say that this part of the story won’t be quite as long as the others for I don’t have as much to say. I’ll start out by saying that Prince Kyle defeated Prince Joe in the first match. It may have been my imagination, but it seemed that Prince Kyle wasn’t at the top of his game that day. I decided that I would talk to him about it.
I thought it would be nice to talk to Prince Joe before the second match. I was surprised to find him packing up his camp like he was going to leave. He welcomed me with friendly chibi hug.
“Princess Kel, I didn’t expect to see you again,” he said in surprise.
“You’re not going to stay for the wedding?” I asked motioning toward the thing that he was packing.
“Well, I can’t. early this morning I was notified that my sister had gone missing. She was last seen with Prince David, and he’s missing too.”
“They could have run away together.”
“Well, I’m at least going to make sure she’s alright.”
“You’re such a good brother.”
“Thank you, Princess.”
“So, I guess that since you did what you set out to do you’ll be going home.”
“I’ll come back if you want me to.”
“I won’t die if you’re not present at my wedding. Put your sister’s safety first.”
“Then I won’t come unless I come with Princess Sammy.”
“Good luck, Prince Joe.”
With that Prince Joe was prepared to leave. I sincerely hoped that he would find Princess Sammy, safe and sound, and make it to the wedding. I didn’t have time to worry about that for I had to speak with Prince Pete.
Match Number Two: Prince Victor Vs. Prince Pete
Though I had already seen Prince Pete that day, I still wanted to talk to him. I found Prince Emo Bangs sitting under a tree. He looked either troubled or deep in thought. I walked over and sat down next to him.
“Hello,” I said quietly.
“Oh, hey there,” he replied giving me his attention.
“What is troubling you, Prince Pete?”
“I was just thinking about my next match.”
“I’m sure you’ll be able to beat Prince Victor.”
“I just can’t think of a way I can do it.”
“I know you’ll find a way. Speaking of which, why were you looking at Prince Kyle like that earlier?”
“Oh, no reason.” he laughed.
“C’mon, Prince Pete, you have to tell me.”
“It was nothing, really.”
“If you say so.”
“You know, I really don’t see what you like about that guy.”
“Do you mean Prince Kyle?”
“Yeah…”
“I should have seen this coming. You are going to make me choose between the two of you, aren’t you?”
“Well, you really have to.”
“Can’t you give me more time? I don’t know who I will choose yet. You’ll just have to find a way to convince me while you are waiting.”
“I can live with that.”
“So, what are you going to do?”
“There are many things…” he kissed me at that very moment and I was in shock. He stopped immediately and apologized when he noticed my shock.
I sighed. “Don’t apologize, you’re supposed to be convincing me.”
“Oh, that’s right.”
I didn’t expect him to do it again so I was still in shock when he kissed me again. That did not, however, keep me from wrapping my arms around his heck and running my fingers through his hair. He was still kissing me when I heard a voice.
“Hey, what do you think you’re doing?!” the voice shouted angrily.
I recognized that voice. It belonged to Prince Victor. He ran over to us, pulled us apart, and threw Prince Pete to the ground. Prince Pete got up and let out a long, loud sigh. I glared at Prince Victor then looked back at Prince Pete.
“What are you up to, Prince Pete?” Prince Victor snarled.
“I could ask you the same thing,” Prince Pete replied angrily.
“You answer first.”
“And what if I don’t?”
“Hmmm, I could always tell the king about this.”
‘Knowing you, you’d probably blow it out of proportion and turn it into a falsehood.”
I tried to speak but I was interrupted by Prince Evil.
“I’ve had about enough of you.”
“I was about to say a similar thing.”
“The king will hear of this if you win, though you have no chance of winning. I have nothing more to say to you.” then, yet again, he stomped off.
“Well…your hair is stupid!”
I laughed, “Nice comeback.”
He helped me up and laughed with me. “Thanks.”
“That Prince Victor is starting to scare me.”
“That makes two of us.”
“Oh dear, look at the time. I should probably go.”
“Then I will see you at the match.”
I noticed my friends and ran to them. I was extremely nervous about this match and it helped that I was with my friends. I was very correct to be nervous. Prince Victor (unfortunately) prevailed and defeated Prince Pete. I could see that his heart was breaking. That made me feel bad for lying to him. It caused me to shed many a tear for him. I would have been in much less sorrow if Prince Kyle were jousting Prince Pete.
Part 5
Later that evening I decided to tell my mother about Prince Kyle. She seemed to understand what I was going through. She was nice about it and she said she would try to help me out.
Prince Kyle came to my room again that night. He seemed happy to see me. Neither of us were very worried about the upcoming match. Prince Kyle was the strongest of all the princes in the tournament. Everything was going to work out perfectly.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment