Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - The Final Match

Princess Kel's father has announced that a jousting tournament will be held for her hand in marriage. A few days later eight princes arrive in the kingdom. Who will win? Read to find out.

Chapter 20 - The Final Match

Chapter 20 - The Final Match
Chapter 3-4: The Final Match
A week had passed since my beloved Prince Kyle had been sent to the dungeon. I needed so badly to talk to him, and to see his face. My father told me that it would not be a wise idea, but id didn’t listen to him. I went to the dungeon to visit him. One of the guards opened the cell for me and that’s when I saw him. He was chained to the wall, and he almost looked sick.
“Prince Kyle!” I exclaimed, running into his arms.
“I’m sorry, Princess,” he said weakly.
“You have nothing to be sorry for.”
“How are you?”
“I’m fine…I found out that there may be hope for us.”
“how is that?”
“Well, I explained the situation to my parents, but I don’t’ think they believed me.”
“I don’t understand.”
“Well, after that they became suspicious of Victor, and he came up with a proposition. My parents liked the idea, so they approved it.”
“What was the proposition?”
“There is to be one last jousting match. The winner will, indefinitely, marry me. If you loose, your death sentence will be carried out, but if you win, Victor will be draw and quartered in your place.”
“That’s quite barbaric.”
“I know, but it’s the only chance you’ve got. Just think of yourself as the framed defendant in a trial. If you’re found guilty, you get the electric chair. If you’re found innocent, your accuser gets what he deserves.”
“Alright, I’ll do it.”
* * * *
A little while later a guard went into Prince Kyle’s cell and unlocked his shackles.
“What’s going on?” Prince Kyle asked in confusion.
“The only thing you need to know is what an unlucky man you are going to be if you end up back in this cell,” the guard said, putting a pair of handcuffs on him.
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
“Be quiet and get moving.”
The guard forced Prince Kyle onto his feet and poked him in the back with his sword. He led Prince Kyle to the jousting arena where his horse and armor waited.
“You better hope you don’t loose,” the guard said, taking off the handcuffs.
“Oh, I won’t,” he replied optimistically.
“How do you know that?”
Prince Kyle reached into his pocket, pulled out a handkerchief, and kissed it. “The princess’s favor and true love is all I need to win.”
After Prince Kyle got his armor on, the match began. That was when I saw how much Victor’s sister’s poison had effected him. He had almost inhuman power. Victor didn’t stand a chance. So, in the end, Victor got what he deserved, Prince Kyle and I got married, and we all loved happily ever after….until Prince Bob, but I don’t even want to comment on that.
THE END….or is it?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

archieluver27 on January 29, 2009, 3:04:54 AM

archieluver27 on
archieluver27lol prince bob XD