Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The betrayal

The betrayal follows Igneel the infernal a young (by their standards) Draconian prince

Chapter 1 - The betrayal

Chapter 1 - The betrayal
Igneel walked through the forest to his usual practice area after the day he had he wanted to relax. Breathing in the smell of the forest he grinned. "Heh things were easier when I was a young hatchling no politics to worry about just Tatsuo, me and Kerugarn" Igneel looked to the sky remembering his older brother before he left "I wish you were here bro everyone misses you." The air around Igneel rippled as he passed through the cloaking barrier Tatsuo had enchanted the area with. Looking around he noticed that some of the training dummies were smashed and his tent was destroyed. "What in Kyros's name happened here?" Hearing a snap Igneel began to turn around when suddenly a sharp pain erupted from the back of his head, and he blacked out.

When Igneel woke up he had a major headache and when he reached back to feel where the pain came from there was a large sticky bump on his head underneath his long black hair. "Well this is a fine mess I've gotten myself into" Igneel grumbled, then he looked around assessing the small stone cell he was in, cringing a little from a spike of pain from his headache. "Well Tatsuo and Safia are never going to let me hear the end of this one. Igneel looked down then his temper flared. Are you kidding me?! Okay they are really going to pay for taking my armor.." Igneel chuckled a bit, "heh they think that I'm going to stay here they are wrong, but for now I need to recuperate." Placing his palm on the ground a small spark sped under the door and around the corner.

A couple days had passed and soldiers often came by to check on him or bring him food always looking back over their shoulder nervously. "This is ridiculous this guy is probably just toying with Kirios there's no way that cell will hold him, if he is as strong as people say he is. I just hope I'm not here when he decides to break out."

"You said it" The other soldier looked in on Igneel who was sitting cross-legged on the stone floor examining his his claws "foods here Igneel."

"Ok then thanks" Igneel got up and walked to the door then he noticed the draconians look over their shoulders when something fell with a thud. " Don't worry it was just a rat, I can smell it from here."

"Oh thank Kyros I thought it was Kirios himself visiting. My name is Kreorn by the way" the first draconian looked at the second who kept glancing towards the door.

" We aren't supposed to talk to him Kreorn someone might hear." The second draconian whispered urgently.

"Calm down Sengral nobody else is coming everyone is at the gathering the commander is trying to rally the troops even though they know they are dead if we go against Veritas.

"Well if i can I might be able to get my father to overlook this but what is this invasion your talking about?"

"Kirios is going to try to attack your kingdom he is trying to convince us there's wealth and resources in your kingdom to try to get us to attack our land is in a sorry state if you haven't noticed."

"The only reason Veritas has declined the requests for help is because whenever Kirios asks he demands the resources and threatens war, we will not be bullied into giving a spoiled draconian what he wants there were times I had to convince my father not to literally bite the pests head off."

"Yeah he has that effect on people" Kreorn muttered "We have been forced into war countless times because he annoyed the wrong Tyr. We better go, at this rate we will be spotted, I hope we can speak again soon." The two draconians began to walk down the hall.

"Wait Kreorn, Sendral you two might not want to come tomorrow. Do whatever you can. Just find some way to stay home"

"Whatever you say Igneel, good luck"

The guards slammed the door behind them leaving Igneel with his meal. "Well this doesn't look very good" Igneel muttered "Might as well get some sleep tomorrow should be interesting." That night Igneel dreamed of returning home to his family and Safia.

Igneel was woke up by shouting outside his barred window. Reaching down he put a claw to a small spot burnt into the bricks and in a flash Igneel was covered in his armor with his swords by his sides. "Hehe never try to imprison someone when you don't know the extent of their powers" Igneel chuckled.

"We have captured Veritas's son and best fighter without him we surely have a chance of defeating them in battle he has always left us the worse lands while he sits over there in his realm in the with enough to take care of both kingdoms. Still he refuses to trade with us. We need those resources they could feed your families for years to come, yet he sits on the lap of luxury while we starve! People began cheering half-hearted knowing that even without Igneel they still had multiple threats to deal with.

"Going to invade my fathers realm, and they think I'm just going to sit idly by and do nothing? I don't think so." As this thought passed through Igneels mind an aura of fire began to gather around him, and with a roar he sent the fire through the wall blasting debris onto the unsuspecting soldiers below. Vaulting through the hole he let loose a war-cry catching the soldiers off guard as he drew his blades. "Hello gentleman would any of you mind explaining what you were thinking with using that small cell to contain me I thought I was a guest, what happened to the luxury suite?" Igneel asked with a casual grin spread across his face.
"Get him or Lord Kirios will have all of our scales pulled" the speaker screamed, immediately the soldiers started mobbing Igneel trying to force him down with spears.
"Haha that's more like it bring it on" Igneel laughed as he cut through spears before they reached him with an uncanny speed that signified his practice with the blades, soon the soldiers were pushing to get away.
"This is no draconian, this is a demon run!" a soldier screamed trying to get away soldiers were pushing and shoving to get away avoiding crushing their allies to get away from the dark armored figure with twin blades, soon Igneel and the commander were the last two on the field.
"Well that didn't last long I didn't even break a sweat on you guys" Igneel laughed looking at all the broken weapons lying on the ground around him seeing there were no dead bodies he nodded satisfied "So you are the best out of all those soldiers I was hoping for a challenge but I was afraid I almost overdid it and killed someone there" Igneel chuckled looking at the flustered commander. "Well ready your weapon I don't think anyone else is coming, and I have no intention of killing you after all you didn't do anything besides your job and you seem like an honorable draconian" Igneel dropped into a crouched stance holding his blades one in front of him and one over his head. "Get ready here I come!" then he disappeared from sight.
The commanders eyes widened in surprise then narrowly blocked Igneels blades with his shield. "My soldiers were right, you are to fast for any draconian WHAT ARE YOU!" the commander screamed slicing his blade at where Igneels head was, then almost fell over for the over swing. Looking around frantically he saw Igneel land five feet behind his original position with a disappointed look on his face.
"I was hoping this could be a civil fight but i guess that's not going to happen you all seem intent on constant insults in a fight. You draconians are just hopeless." Igneel then rushed the commander and with a quick strike cleaved the shield in half leaving both ends dangling useless from the arm straps while the arm was unharmed. Then as the commander went to attack him with his sword he shattered it with a strike to the base of the blade. Sheathing his blades at his waist he began to walk away when his armor slid to the sides on his back allowing his wings to emerge. "Farewell commander good luck with Lord Kirios" Igneel said and with a single beat of his large wings took to the sky.
Flying across the lands of Kryos, Igneel laughed and did a little barrel roll "It's good to be free and be able to feel the open sky across my face again!" Igneel flew for his homeland enjoying the calm night air. After flying and enjoying the night Igneel noticed it was beginning to brighten up. "Wow it was just getting to night time there, I flew all through the night? I might as well land," Igneel muttered when he landed. Looking around to make sure nobody was around he took off his armor smoothing out his black shirt and pants as he pulled the armor off. Igneel looked at his armor trying to find any small signs of rust or damage. Satisfied of the results he began to look around at the clearing he had landed in the area looked like a heavily forested zone with a river running nearby. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a small folded up piece of paper unfolding it revealed a map with of Veritas's region following the rivers then looking around he found that he was actually in the forest twenty miles from the capital. Igneel quickly replaced his armor and took to the sky again eager to see his family, and within twenty minutes was nearing the palace with horns signaling his arrival. Taking a deep breath he smelled a mouthwatering aroma. "someone is making pie tonight I wonder what kind?"

"Tell Tyr Veritas, Prince Igneel has returned" the soldier shouted flashing a salute at Igneel as he flew by who returned it with a grin.

"Don't bother Salvros I will probably get there before your courier takes flight" Igneel yelled back laughing "Home again finally, I hope I didn't scare Melinda or Tatsuo. Kyros preserve me if I did" Igneel dropped into the courtyard with few flaps to slow his descent. As soon as he landed two draconians strode out of the palace doors followed by a gigantic gold dragon with red scales going up past the shoulders. and a diamond scaled dragonelle. "Hello everybody how are you doing I missed you all, hey Safia wha, - ACK!" Igneel was sent sliding back a few feet by a punch from the black scaled female.

"How dare you go off without me or Tatsuo! What the in Kyros's name is wrong with you! One of these days you are going to go off without us and you are going to meet someone stronger than you and its not going to go well! Then before anyone said anything she pulled Igneel into an embrace tears flowing down her face "You were gone for three days without telling anyone, your father had sent out search parties trying to find where you went, you cant just leave one night without telling anyone where you went. You are the only one I want to be with. I left my fathers kingdom for you Igneel the Infernal do not make me regret it."

"I'm sorry I didn't expect to be gone so long. I was just meaning to go out and get some fresh air" Igneel whispered wrapping his arms around Safia.

"She has a point Igneel don't forget about our older brother and what happened to him" Tatsuo muttered "Kerugarn was a better swordsman than you and a better magic user than me and after chasing after the leader of the Orochi counsel we never saw him again."

"Tatsuo that's enough!" everyone jumped as Veritas roared in anger. "We all know how attached you were to Kerugarn but that was 17 years ago how long will you thrive on that! You must be strong he wouldn't have wanted this" Veritas rumbled.

"Sorry father" Tatsuo said in a resigned manner.

"Now where were you exactly Igneel" Veritas asked looking back towards Igneel with his eye-ridges raised.

I was ambushed in the woods outside the palace after entering my training area" Igneel shrugged. Next thing I know a giant club came around hitting me over the head knocking me out. When I woke up I was in a small cramped cell in Kirios's realm. They didn't even remove my blades or armor, but with Tatsuo's enchantments that would be difficult. Also when I was there I heard a rally about him getting ready to attack us.

"KIRIOS ABDUCTED YOU? THAT PLOTTING WORM! I WILL SEE HIM PAY FOR THIS" Veritas roared in fury flames beginning to lick around the edges of his mouth. The smell of sulfur began to fill the room.

"Wait father as much as that coward deserves it if you did it you would cause a war with him and all his allies and probably destroy half his town there are some innocent people there most of the soldiers already distrust him, I should know they didn't do anything but complain about him in the town, and I know i can defeat many of his soldiers without casualties, I had to do that to get out of the place his kingdom is in a sorry state sir I'm surprised anyone will even go there. He is not a threat to anyone but his own kingdom" Igneel looked his father in the eyes having to look almost straight up to do so.

For a while the two stared each other down eye to eye neither one moving, then Veritas began a coughing rumble sound. "Ha! My son always the diplomat very well I will leave his realm alone"

"Thank you sir" Igneel bowed deeply then when he came up he looked towards his mothers tail. "Hey, Ariel, Melusine why don't you come on out. I know you are there behind mother don't tell me you are afraid of your big brother now" Igneel called.

The two slowly came out Ariel pulling, Melusine behind her a look of contempt covering her face. "Well I guess Those two twins would have known whatever one doesn't catch the other one notices then the other one figures it out" Ariel thought. "Well Igneel you sure caused a mess, as usual" She said looking at him with a bored expression.

"Oh for crying out loud I try to be friendly, but of course you have to ruin it! You are such a stuck up spoiled brat! I should have just stayed in Kirios's realm at least I could do some good, and cause some havoc there." Igneel threw his arms into the sky in exasperation then stopped his pointed ears twitching, spinning around he deflected a dart that was moving towards his neck with one of his blades, fire suddenly erupted from the ends of his blades and little holes in his armor and formed a wall between himself, the area the dart came from and his family. "Everyone move! Get into the castle now!" Igneel shouted deflecting more darts and a couple arrows. "That coward is hiding in the treeline where i just came from great, I wont be able to get to it in time, Tatsuo is everyone inside?" Igneel thought to his brother on their telepathic link.

"Yeah everyone is safe, but father is trying to break down the door to get to you I had to move him in using magic I almost thought he was going to break free as the doors closed, oh and Safia is furious that you made her go in as well" Tatsuo replied mentally.

"Heh I thought she would be, but I wouldn't forgive myself if she got hurt. You know I can defend myself when I'm fighting alone, but when I have to protect someone? Yeah that doesn't work" Igneel deflected more arrows that flew towards him and narrowly avoided a javelin slicing it in half from end to end by reflex. Then he brought the flames from the wall around himself forming a second armor. This isn't good they are using war machines now," an agonizing hour passed and Igneel was beginning to tire. The only thing keeping him awake was the spikes of pain as a arrow or blade passed his guard. Looking to the north he saw spear throwing devices and by them the Lord Kirios, with a sadistic grin spread across his face. Igneels rage flared causing him to renew his assault cutting down a soldier that was charging him with a sword. "It's that snake Kirios! He's attacking the palace, Honor less son of a carrion maggot, I'll kill him!" Igneel began cutting down anyone getting in his way sometimes forgetting to guard himself, soon he was stopped and had to deal with a troop of soldiers rushing him. The fire armor dissipated when he lost his concentration on the flames. "Get out of my way my quarrel is not with you, it is with Kirios! Curse you stubborn soldiers you have something to return to at your homes why throw your life away!" Igneel cursed as he was forced to continue fighting the suicidal soldiers that came within his reach.

Whoa, easy Igneel you don't know how many troops he has you are going to get yourself killed! Tatsuo said nervously hoping to calm his brother out of his blood-rage then almost fell over as a spike of pain reverberated across their link. Coming back to consciousness he found he was on his knees breathing heavily. "He's beginning to lose his calm, I have to guard myself from his pain, or I may lose consciousness again. He may not last much longer at the rate he's going" He whispered.

A roar suddenly shook the palace making everyone clap their hands over their ears "Open that door or by Kyros I will personally rip apart any draconian that gets between me and my son!" Veritas thundered looking to any guard daring any to deny him.

Suddenly listening to the prince sounded like a very hazardous idea and the guards began to open the gate to reveal an exhausted Igneel standing upon a mound of bodies with arrows protruding from his armor in multiple places. His left arm was hanging useless at his side due to an arrow piercing the elbow, but he was still fighting to stay alive either avoiding arrows or deflecting them with the sword in his right hand.

"Igneel! Run everyone is inside the castle! Your body cant take any more!" Veritas rushed to save his son but was stopped dead in his tracks dread in his heart when Igneel turned to look at him.

His face was cut in multiple places his left eye was forced shut due to a long gash going down his face from what looked like a cut from a sword. Igneel then beheaded a large draconian rushing at him without looking, "May we meet again in the next realm" Igneel whispered." returning his attention to the battle. "With an anguished roar Tyr Veritas rushed forward to his wounded son, Tatsuo following. Safia hid her face in Honoras scales, her body was racked by sobs.

"Igneel no" Veritas moaned as an arrow passed Igneels guard and pierced his knee. dropping him to the ground "Tatsuo is there some way you can shield your brother from here? We have to get him to the palace where his sisters can heal him,

For a little while I do not know how long it will keep them away though" Tatsuo whispered a few unintelligible words and Igneel was surrounded by a ring of white fire that burnt anything that came close to ashes on contact.

Veritas charged forward through a opening with an ear shattering roar that everyone but Igneel seemed to notice, and encircled Igneel with his scales out forming a living shield "Tatsuo I don't care if you have to knock him out just make it so I can carry him out of here some of those wounds may be fatal if left for to long."

Looking towards Igneel he whispered an unintelligible word. Igneel fell over asleep, and Tatsuo formed a magic bubble around His brother Tatsuo nodded to his father who gently took the orb between his teeth and dashed back to the palace "Clothes the gathes" Veritas said as he passed through the gates. Then he gently placed the orb on the ground away from the gate. When the orb touched the ground it disipated.

"Igneel!" Safia screamed and ran to the unconscious draconian. "Igneel please wake up, don't leave me please" she begged tears streaming down her face. Looking towards Ariel and Melusine she yelled. "Don't just stand there, help him he's your brother! She screamed at the sisters, Melusine ran to help but Ariel stood back with her arms crossed glaring at her. "Why you you would just stand by while your brother dies?!"

"Why should I listen to someone that doesn't even belong here? Ariel hissed her voice dripping with venom. "You are only here because Igneel fell in love with you and our kingdoms found it a convenience if it were up to me you wouldn't be allowed here."

"Why you spoiled snake! He helped you so many times and you are just going to stand there and watch him die?" Safia pulled her spear off her back advancing toward Ariel murder in her eyes.

When the gates were almost closed everyone heard a Ka-thunk sound and Veritas pitched forward with a pained roar. Turning his head around to look he saw a Tree thick javelin had embedded itself into his shoulder. Growling in pain and annoyance he turned towards his daughter "Ariel, you need to heal Igneel otherwise he may not make it, please I don't want to lose him" Looking over towards Igneels body he saw the armor suddenly flare and fire engulfed the body, Safia, and Melusine jumped back with a yelp "Whats going on? Veritas Shouted in confusion

"It was a fail-safe I came up with if Igneel was greatly wounded and was unconscious his armor engulfs him in protective flames to cauterize the wounds, burn away infections then later, would surround by a healing aura which I begged off of Ariel that feeds off energy that Igneel stores in his armor at the end of the day He has done it every day. what do you think those eye-like gems on his shoulder armor are for? " Everyone looked from Tatsuo when he finished the explanation to Igneel who began sitting up with a pained moan.

"Oh that hurt", Igneel looked around confused. "Uh how did I get in here?" Then noticing everyone looking towards him. "Oh hello, is everyone alright? I did my best to hold them off even though I had to kill some of the poor soldiers. You should have seen them the fear in their eyes" Igneel whispered shuddering at the thought. "Its like they knew that if they came back alive from this with me still standing they would have died anyways. Some of them even APOLOGIZED as they died asking me not to be mad with them. They were just doing their job none of them even stood a chance and I just kept slaughtering them like animals!" Igneel covered his face with his hands shaking "There was nothing honorable about this! Those draconians did not deserve to die they were just doing their job. Its all that worms fault" looking up with tears streaking between the scales across his face "I swear he will pay for this even if I have to travel to his kingdom and kill him myself the monster deserves no honor of a fair fight!" Igneel hid his face in his palms again as tears racked his body.

"Oh Igneel I'm so sorry I would have done anything to help you if it weren't for whatever force propelling me towards the castle I would have stayed and fought with you" Safia said in a soothing voice hugging Igneel.

"No if something would have happened to you I would never forgive myself I swore to your father I would protect you with my life when we told him and my father that I intended to marry you and I will keep that promise. If one of those arrows would have struck you down I would have had no more reason to live. Because of you and everyone in this room are the reason I was able to fight I had something to fight for. I had training superior to anything those soldiers could have imagined thanks to you, Tatsuo, and some of our soldiers." Turning towards Tatsuo and his father he saw the massive javelin being removed from his fathers shoulder and arrows covering his hide. "Oh no did that happen when he was trying to get to me?

"Yes but it isn't your fault brother, you did more than most of us could have done don't worry your sisters seem to be the best healing magi in the kingdom and they are working as hard as they can to heal fathers wounds if it weren't for the enchantment they placed upon your armor you may have been dead as well. You had scared everyone half to death seeing you pierced with all those arrows you even had arrows in your knees your left arm was dangling at your side disabled by a arrow to the elbow. Whoever was shooting at you from those woods is a scary good archer. To be able to block her arrows and deal with the soldiers at the same time I think that was quite a good practice for you."
"Practice!? That wasn't practice that was murder over and over again. Practice is where both sides can learn something and develop their technique I know you are trying to cheer me up brother, but this is not the time." Igneel tried getting up but his legs and arms wouldn't move. "Whats going on?" He shouted panicked "I can't move!"
"It's part of the spell, you must be still while it heals you otherwise you will open up the wounds and it will have to start over again" Tatsuo calmly explained.
"Dangit Tatsuo! there's a freaking war going on outside and you have me unable to move! What were you thinking! All i asked was for a simple enchantment that made it so nobody could take my armor and weapons and you make it so it has something that could cripple me in battle?! Are you trying to kill me?" Igneel kept squirming in his armor trying to get loose with no results.
"Will you listen for once, Kirios is retreating you took out to many of his soldiers I think."
"All the more reason to chase him down why let him regroup we need to strike back!" As he spoke fire crept out of his armor to the floor forming a symbol beneath him, and before Tatsuo could do anything a pillar of fire erupted from the symbol around Igneel and when it dissipated He was standing his old armor disappeared and was replaced by a more sinister armor.

"What did you do?! Tatsuo yelled at Igneel in disbelief unsure what happened.

You didn't expect me to just have one set of armor did you? Somehow I just knew you would tamper with my armor in some way one of these days. This armor was made just for that occasion. The best part is this one doesn't constrict my wings." Reaching back Igneel pulled two blood-red blades each the full length of his body off his back. "Now if you aren't going to help me take care of that snake Kirios I'll be leaving. I'm sorry everyone but I cannot forgive Kirios for what he has done. Now it is time for him to pay the price."

Even his father was surprised by the look in Igneels eyes. He knew that Igneel wouldn't stop until he took Kirios down. "Very well, Igneel but this time you aren't going alone I'm not going to let him get away with this insult that Draconian is ruled by his own jealousy it's time to end his rule. Veritas began to shrink to the point where in his place was a red Draconian with golden armor and gigantic claws covering his hands.

"Sir are you sure your draconian form would be better than your full dragon form?" Igneel stammered surprised at seeing his father in this way.

"Well how would I fight beside my son in that form? It's not as agile as this one and very difficult to maintain a reasonable temper of course I will have to get used to these" again Veritas muttered flexing his clawed gauntlets.

"Wait are those the ones i made you 60 years ago" Igneel asked in disbelief.

"Yes they are" Veritas said proudly looking down he noticed rust creeping down the claws "Oh great..." Veritas removed the claws unsure what to do.

"Here ill take those" Looking at the claws he shook his head sadly, "Somehow I knew that would happen." As he examined the claws they began to glow then disappeared leaving a more wicked looking pair of claws in their place. "Good thing I foresaw this otherwise you would be unarmed" Igneel walked over to his father with the claws in his hands. "Be careful with the tips they make the old pair of claws look like stick-hands in other words they are VERY sharp. "Now that, that's done you get to rally the troops, I was never good at that" Igneel grinned at his father who just laughed.

"Maybe you should spend less time practicing your swordsmanship and spend more working with politics."

"No way I'm not one for sitting there and just listening to people whine about some problem every waking moment, that's more a job for Tatsuo."

"Well you do have a point there but sadly the people don't trust him as much he's to much of a loner you actually go out among the people. The people love and trust you, after all you were the one out there taking on the army alone all that did was strengthen the peoples faith in you. Believe it or not you would make a good Tyr," Veritas clapped his son on the shoulder.

Flexing his claws he looked at the intricate runes then toward Igneel "Whats with you and these sinister looking weapons and armor?"

"The designs make the enemy nervous when they see someone coming at them with a normal sword they get nervous. When they see someone coming at them that looks like a demon they get scared and hysterical, sometimes they break ranks. These weapons and armor make a better way then most. Not only are they effective but they demoralize the enemy"

"Heh I would hate to meet you on the battlefield you use your mind as well as your blades when it comes to combat" Veritas chuckled shaking his head. Then he walked to where his army had gathered where a podium had been placed. "Kirios has struck the first blow abducting Igneel, now he thinks he can get away with attacking us, and just walk away? I think not!" Veritas slammed his fist onto the podium accidently cutting it down the middle. "Oh crap he wasnt kidding" A small smile crept across his face for a second then he continued. "His plans backfired as you all know Igneel got away, and took out a great deal of Kirios's soldiers that were attacking the palace, and there he stands ready to fight" Waving towards Igneel who looked back towards his father in surprise." Well, son you have fought your way out his castle, and then you took destroyed a good chunk of his army to protect everyone here. Why don't you come out where the people you saved can see you? Veritas smiled to himself " you will learn one way or another boy."

"Oh great how did I know he would do that" Igneel walked up to the podium after placing his blades in their sheath. When he got there he was greeted by cheers from the people of the kingdom "Thank you all, I think Veritas told you the situation but as you know Kirios again has fell victim to his greed again and we were the target this time, he has always envied our country, but he has gone to far!" The crowd cheered in approval, "We have decided to strike back at the coward after all if we didn't that would label us as cowards wouldn't it? So who will fight with us!" With a flourish Igneel brought out one of his blades raised towards the sky. "Those who wish to fight come forward!" Igneel laughed as the whole army stepped forward

From somewhere in the crowd he heard a person yell "We are with you all the way my prince!"

"Thank you all, now it is time to take flight lets make that coward regret attacking us and strike before he reaches his castle!" Igneel shouted taking to the air in a wing-beat followed by, Veritas, Tatsuo, and the rest of the army. "To war!"

The army found Kirios and his troops flying south towards his kingdom.

"There they are! For our families. For our land. For our future! Attack!" As the army flew down to attack Igneel kept flying over the army he was not interested in any soldier he had his mind set on Kirios, when he couldn't find him he looked around confused to find him flying to the south as fast as he could. "Now it is time for revenge, ready yourself you scaleless monster, here I come" Igneel easily caught Kirios and before the coward knew what was happening Igneel folded in his wings turning himself into an armored arrow catching Kirios on the way down.

Kirios had seen the army coming from behind his troops, and decided to fly ahead with the excuse of needing to get back to work in his palace, but before he made it to far he was struck from behind by an unknown attacker that felt like it was weighed down with a ton of armor "Let go of me you are going to get us both killed!"

"It's time you paid for what you did Kirios, you went to far" the attacker hissed in his ear.

"No it cant be! I know that voice but he should be dead!" Looking back he saw the enraged face of Igneel the Infernal "No this is impossible you should be dead!"

"Oh you think your troops would be able to take me down? Every one of them only fought because they knew they would die if they came back alive without my head. Now you are going to pay for all the lives you threw away. Prepare to die you snake" Looking down he saw the ground rushing up towards him and Kirios. Releasing him Igneel opened his wings slowing his descent and with a loud CRACK Kirious crashed into the ground. Landing beside the draconian he saw that his legs were shattered from trying to take the impact "drawing one of his blades Igneel calmly walked towards the coward who tried pulling himself away.

"Please don't kill me I'll do anything! If you want money I will give you my entire wealth horde!" Kirios begged Igneel but he saw he couldn't reason with him. Reaching towards the sword at his belt he swung it trying to keep it between him and the enraged prince who just cut off his hand. Looking dumbly at the stump Kirios wasn't able to speak.

"For your crimes of betraying your own country you have disgraced draconians everywhere for this you would have just been de-winged and exiled but you attacked another kingdom without reason other than your greed. For this the only penalty is death and who better to do it than the draconian you tried so hard to kill." Raising his sword he regarded the coward at his feet. "Any last words?"

Kirios made a rude gesture towards Igneel.

"Alright then. For your crimes your punishment has been chosen farewell." Igneel brought his blade down on Kirios's neck then he took to the sky after setting the body on fire "that is the last honor I will do for you."Igneel muttered then rejoining Veritas and his army he saw almost everyone from the attacking troops flying with them.

"As soon as they realized Kirios left them to die they all surrendered without a fight"

"That's good." Looking towards the army he saw the commander he fought before he escaped. "I'm sorry for what I had to do back there it was either you guys or my family.

"No hard feelings the soldiers were just doing their job if only we would have found out about his plans earlier we wouldn't have fought for him. If you would allow us we plan on going back to our kingdom and try to rebuild our relations with the other Tyrs."

"I don't see any problem with that I have some plans for as soon as I get back as well" Igneel chuckled. "Maybe we will meet again on better conditions, hopefully your next lord doesn't cause as many problems." Igneel extended his hand smiling towards the commander.

"Yeah I hope so too. The commander clasped Igneels arm grinning back. "Farewell Igneel the Infernal good luck with whatever plans you have, by the the way my name is Ryoros." Releasing Igneels hand he looked toward the army "We are free of Kirios's rule now we are free to go home and live without fear of his endless greed!" the people cheered some nervously looking towards Igneel. Then taking back to the sky the army headed back towards the old kingdom.

Well that was interesting" Veritas said looking to Igneel. "See what happens when a Lord isn't loved by their people? They are always second guessed, and someone is always waiting for your rule to end. Ryoros sounded like he would be a good Tyr he was definately was loved by his troops."

"I agree we made an Friend today believe it or not, but can we please go home I want to see Safia I'm sure she feels the same." Looking over he noticed Tatsuo gliding towards them. "Great what does he want now?" Igneel was careful to guard his thoughts hoping Tatsuo didn't hear that.

"Sir why are we letting the enemy army go back? They should be put on trial for attacking us."

"For the love of Kyros do you not listen? They were forced to attack us otherwise Kirios would have killed them and their families for denying him do you not think that's a good enough reason?" Igneel yelled at his twin in annoyance. At times he wondered if they were truly brothers." "What happened to you Tatsuo you used to be so full of energy more happy now you are always scheming it seems."

Tatsuo flinched glaring at his brother "Am I the only one here that remembers Kerugarn?! Seriously you act as though you don't care you go through life like everything is right with the world well guess what, nothing is right!" Before he could react Tatsuo found himself held up by the collar of his armor eye to eye with his brother.

"You think I don't remember? I try honoring his memory I don't live in constant depression but you went way to far. I know there are a bunch of things wrong with the world, I know our brother is dead, but remember this. We are princes of the royal family people look to us for guidance we cant just skulk around everywhere we go. Get over it" Igneel hissed in anger. Releasing his brother he backed up a few steps then took flight back to the palace.

"I remember when you two used to be inseparable now you are driving your brother away, Tatsuo do you not realize this? Your digging yourself a narrow hole and soon you wont be able to get out. You better throw away the shovel and start climbing." With that Veritas signaled towards his army and took flight with them leaving Tatsuo in the clearing.
While Tatsuo stood there a rustling in the branches surprised him, making him shoot a massive fireball into the trees. When the smoke settled there was a Draconian in pitch black armor with a hood over its head, with a, arm outstretched, and the gauntlet cherry red from the heat. "Well that is a rude way to treat a visitor, I thought those two would never leave. Heh well Tatsuo seems as though you got yourself in a bad situation with your family."
"Who are you, and what do you want?" Tatsuo calmly asked.
"Nothing I just wanted to talk, It seems as though Veritas misinformed you about your older brother." The stranger laughed as Tatsuos eyes widened in shock. "In all truth your brother is alive.
Tatsuo felt like he had the breath knocked out of him "How would this stranger know about my brother?"
"You might want to sit down if that's how you are going to react" he waited for Tatsuo to do so but he remained standing. "Very well then, Your brother didn't leave the castle to chase down the leader of the Orochi counsel, he went to join them. He had fought with his father due to their differing views in the end Veritas exiled his own son and made him leave without telling you two he then made up his own story about how Kerugarn left." The stranger smiled underneath his hood, he had the prince hooked.
"How would you know this" Tatsuo whispered.
"That will be explained in due time for now go back to the palace speak of this to nobody especially your brother and come here the day after of your brothers marriage"
Tatsuo flinched again "How does he know that? fine then what is your name stranger?" Looking up he found the stranger was gone, but as he flew home he couldn't take his mind off him. "All will be explained in due time what else is there to explain?" When he reached the castle he was greeted by one of the soldiers.
"Welcome back Prince Tatsuo everyone is in the dining hall."
"Thank you Salvros" Tatsuo said walking towards the dining hall.
"Well look who's finally back we were beginning to think we would have to send out search parties for you" Igneel laughed he had his arm around Safia sitting on one of the benches together. "Hey guess what brother; Safia and I are getting married tomorrow!"
"That's great," Tatsuo muttered. "Well I don't know about you all but I'm tired" Tatsuo left the room with everyone staring after him confused. Tatsuo scowled as he walked the halls "The fool never takes things seriously, tomorrow I go to find our brother."

End of Chapter 1

Back in the forest the hooded figure waited on a stump. "He took the bait like I thought he would" he called to the trees.
"I knew he would." A draconian with black scales with white scales in lines along the arms and legs.
"Well what now I'm going to wait here Tatsuo will be here soon." The hooded draconian said regarding the draconian from under his hood.
"I am heading back to the base we shall wait for you there remember bring the child with you he could be useful" the draconian chuckled as he faded back into the forest.
"Don't go terrorizing any towns. We cant have them knowing we are here!" The reaper yelled after hearing his laughter coming from the trees he covered his face with his palm. "That crazy psycho is gonna get us all killed. How the heck did he become leader?" He shook his head in disbelief. "It's days like this I miss my old life, curse that pest" Hearing a rustle off to the side he smiled. "So the curious young magi returns. So how was the wedding?"
After waiting ten minutes the reaper was confused. "Did he blow me off? The reaper stormed over to the spot he heard the rustling come from "Why that little piece of" The reaper stopped, looking at a tree to the side of the path a piece of parchment was in a knothole at eye level "A note? This looks promising. The Reaper walked over pulling the note out of the hole when he opened it there was nothing on it at first then writing appeared "The wedding starts in 1 hour the guards are going to be busy for a while, if you are going to try to get in do it now. The Reaper stared at the note in disbelief then smiled. "I wouldn't miss this for the world that pest can wait." Placing his palm onto the ground flames began to branch out forming a rune of summoning. The dark armor he wore was replaced by silver armor with gold trim, and his scythe was replaced by two twin-blades at his waist. His hood had disappeared in the summoning or was rather left behind. "Can't give my identity away here after all it would not be a good thing if Veritas discovered who I truly am." Grinning at his inside joke he unfolded his wings and took flight. When he reached the palace he noticed the palace was in chaos people were running around trying to get things ready for the wedding Igneel was the first one he noticed. Seeing his armor he flinched it was different from the armor he was in when he went after Kirios. It had a startling resemblance to his armor that he left in. "Easy don't blow your cover" he mentally scolded himself. Looking around he admired the setting of the wedding simple yet elegant. "Just like an elven lords wedding" he thought. Looking back he saw Igneel approaching him. Almost by reflex he reached back for his scythe then realizing it wasn't there he hid his intentions by scratching the back of his neck.
"Welcome to the wedding I do not believe we have met before, but you look familiar, My name is Igneel the Infernal."
"You may not remember me, but I remember you." Leaning forward he whispered "Whatever you do, do not call for Honora or Veritas" stepping back his hand began to glow and when it opened a small misshapen dagger was in his hand.
Igneels eyes widened then looking at the stranger he whispered "Brother is that really you?" He grinned when the stranger nodded a smile coming to his face.
"I'm sorry little brother I was unable to come back due to father you know how he said I went on a mission and I never returned? Well that was only partially true, I was banished by father I got him a little angry with me our views differed he didn't want me to leave to spy on the Orochi counsel but I said I was going anyways he didn't take it so well. I never stopped thinking of you and Tatsuo, I still need to find a way to relay some of what I've seen to Veritas but I cannot talk to him I'm not even supposed to be here. I remember the day you made this it was the first thing you had ever made but judging from the armor you wore to battle against Kirios you got much better."
Igneel flinched at hearing the dead draconians name. "So you did see that, it wasn't exactly my proudest moment, but he needed to be stopped." Igneel looked towards the ground remembering the battle. "I was forced to kill so many innocent draconians that day because of him" Igneel looked up surprised when he felt an arm on his shoulder.
"We are all forced to do things we don't want to do brother, But that isn't what defines you it is what you do about it that matters. You had no choice, if he would have lived he would have gone right back to his old plans."
"I dont care about Kirios he deserved what he got I feel sorry for the draconians who died because of his greed. I saw some of those draconians going around with their families before i broke out sometime i need to go back to apologize to the families otherwise I wont be able to forgive myself, but can we change the subject this is supposed to be a happy day have some chivat, dance with someone, You haven't changed all that much so I bet you have multiple dragonelles watching you they are probably just to afraid to approach you.

"Heh I kind of noticed that, I thought it was because of my armor though" Kerugarn looked around and noticed a bunch of young dragonelles look away when they saw him looking their way often blushing. "I really do love this concept of near immortality we draconians enjoy but I have a future intended as well her name is Shevra, she is a draconian I found sometime after I got into the orochi counsel we are both members but neither of us are loyal to them it seems that Shevra and I are the only two in there with a sense of honor. Speaking of Shevra where is she?"

"I don't know but that dragonelle on the stage is really good with the lute"

"Would her scales be a lapis lazuli color by chance and shes wearing a white dress with gold trim?"

Yeah let me guess thats her?
"Yeah come on I'll introduce you"
"As the three walked over to where Shevra was playing Igneel and Kerugarn felt a prickling at the back of their necks.
"Umm Igneel do you get the feeling someone is following you?"
"Slightly who do you think it is but I get the feeling I shouldn't look"
"I don't know lets just check"
Kerugarn and Igneel look behind them at the same time to see Veritas standing behind them in his draconian form.
"Well being banished from the realm seems to have gotten shorter than I thought I thought you looked familiar Kerugarn. Not much goes on here that i don't know of you should know that by now."
"Ok then but quick question, who are you?" Kerugarn looked at Igneel when he started laughing then back to the golden armored draconian in front of him who was standing there jaw to the ground. "No I'm serious who is this guy he acts like hes fathers advisor or something how much changed when I was gone?"
"I forgot you never saw my draconian form. Heh it's been so long since I last saw you but I am Veritas."
Now it was Kerugarns turn for his jaw to hit the floor "Ok seriously where is Veritas it was funny and I almost believed you but that can't be possible as long as I've lived with Veritas I have never seen him in draconian form.
That's because you were out on missions all the time. I always asked you to stay a while but you were too distracted, I didn't know what you were looking for but I would say you found it, or perhaps her." Veritas nodded towards Shevra with a sly grin on his face. He laughed when Kerugarns scale covered face went bright red, "I thought so well why dont you introduce us to the dragonelle?"
"Ok then" As the group moved towards the stage the music began to slow down. "Heh she always did love to be dramatic" When Kerugarn walked up to the stage Shevra dropped the lute and jumped towards him and he pulled her into an embrace. "Shevra I would like you to meet some of my family. My father Veritas is the draconian in the gold armor with the strange claws.
"Welcome to the kingdom I would shake your hand but these things are a bit difficult to take off" Veritas glanced at Igneel who shrugged back
"Hey I didn't expect you to stay in draconian form those claws we just a side project one day when I was bored."
"The black scaled dragonelle is Igneels mate im guessing."
"Yes and my name is Safia, I have heard quite a bit about you Kerugarn but go ahead and continue
My Brother Igneel is the red scaled draconian with the slicked back long hair in the Black suit, he is also known as Igneel the Infernal"
"Nice to meet you, you are pretty good on the lute did you learn yourself?"
Safia curtsied to the group "It is very nice to meet you all"
The whole group was surprised by her voice, Igneel was the first to speak laughing a bit at first.
"Well it seems that your not only good with the lute but you have a voice to match" Igneel chuckled a bit when Safia squeezed his hand. "What I was just telling the truth, So how did you two meet?"
Kerugarn and Shevra looked at each other, then Kerugarn spoke up. "It would probably be easier to show you.
Smoke began to encircle the group then in the center a image began to form and they were over an area in the forest where Kerugarn was walking. "One day when I was trying to calm down after dealing with the leader of the Orochi counsel all day, then I heard crying and shouting. Naturally I decided to go check it out, just without my armor I found Three draconians dragging Shevra off the road and some slaughtered draconians that didn't even look armed. Shevra screamed for help and one of the draconians backhanded her across the face, that was a bad move to make when he reached back to hit her again I cut the snakes arm off starting at the shoulder. The other two charged me while the 'disarmed' draconian screamed in pain. At that point I decided to release the illusion and when they saw me in my armor with my scythe they tried taking flight to get away." They saw smoke began to gather around the reapers shoulders "I was still angry so I used a spell to make their wings quit working on them they dropped to the ground, one died by landing on his head the other landed legs first, and wouldn't you believe it the coward started to beg for his life! After killing Shevras group I didn't think he deserved mercy" As Kerugarn said this he blasted the draconian with fire burning him to ash in a couple seconds. "Then the disarmed draconian tried stabbing me in the back with a low-quality knife. It snapped on impact and I beheaded him with my scythe." After cleaning his scythe Kerugarn got up and walked over to a tree Shevra was hiding behind. "I told her it was ok and that it was safe to come out. At first she didn't believe me but then she realized I didn't plan on hurting her. At first she didn't trust me which I can understand but I told her what was really going on and she decided to come with me on the condition we eventually came back to your kingdom." The smoke began to clear leaving no trace. "For so long we watched and tried warning the other Tyrs of the threat but our messengers were always chased off or dismissed. After a while we gave up waiting for our chance to leave or to find something big enough that we had to blow our cover.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment