Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Dream

This is the story of three very brave wolves fighting for their kidnapped friend. As Storm, hunter, and Sasha look for thier missing friend Thunder they in counter some very tough challenges.

Chapter 1 - The Dream

Chapter 1 - The Dream
"Help me! Help me! What’s going on? All I see is a red glare." Then loud cries came to my ears. I didn’t know what was going on. All I could hear was other wolves crying for help and some wolves whimper. I couldn’t see anything but red. Then I felt something on my back. I was being lifted into the air. I didn’t look at who it was because I all I could look at was my family lying in the grass dead. I had no clue what was going on. Then we started to move.

As we moved further away I could see huge flames in gulping my forest. The only things I could see were members of my pack dead on the ground and the red glare of the killer flames. I worried all night while I was being carried by this wolf. I finally looked up to see the face of my savior. It was odd. Instead of pointy ears they were droopy. And she was a golden color. She wasn’t as big as a normal wolf but I was grateful that she saved my, even though she was quite odd looking. After one final look at the flames I fell asleep in the strangers jaws.

When I awoke the next morning, I found myself in a cave with two other wolf pups. One of them was white and the other brown. I searched for the wolf that saved me and then found her entering the cave with a little black pup dangling from her mouth. She let him down easily and he squirmed over to us. Then the odd wolf came to us and made a circle around us. She said “huddle together to fight off the cold”. So we did as we where told and I rested my head on her stomach. When we were settled the odd wolf told us her name was Shelby. “Last night there was a big forest fire that burned down most if not all of the forest. The rest of your pack members are most likely dead” she told us with sorrow in her soul. “I could only save you four. Each of you belonged to one of the four major packs in this forest. First was the Great Grey Wolves, then the Honest whites, then the Loyal Black Wolves and last the Faithful browns. I am from a minor pack.” Then a tear fell down her face as she told us how we were probably the only wolves that escaped the fire. We all felt sorrow and started to whine. “Cheer up, you are but only pups. You can start a new pack. You four can rule the forest when it grows back” With that said the four pups fell into a deep sleep while Shelby kept watch.

Shelby raised us and gave us all names. She told me my name was Storm because one night when I wandered out of the cave and got lost a hail storm came and I had to fight my way through the awful storm to get home. Next was the black wolf. He was named Thunder because his bark was so loud and deep for a young wolf that it sounded like thunder. After was the white wolf. His name was Hunter because he was always catching chipmunks and snakes. Last of all was the brown wolf. She was named Sasha, after the healer from Shelby’s pack because whenever one of us got hurt she was always there to help. Well the five of us grew to be best friend, even though Shelby was older and we were still young.

Shelby raised us and taught us how to survive. We learned to hunt, fish, and find our way home. Hunter, Thunder, and I were the hunters because we wanted Shelby to rest and Sasha hated hunting. While we hunted beavers and other small game Sasha and Shelby watched over the cave. Everything was working out great, until Shelby got sick. She had caught a disease and grew very ill. We all knew what was going to happen.

Shelby died when we were only nine years old (in human years). We all wept over her death. I probably cried the most though. I loved her like a mother and hated losing her. She had saved us and taught us how to survive and now she is dead. I hated it! But right before she died she said “Don’t worry, you guys will do fine. And stop weeping over me all it does is, hide your pretty faces. Now grow up and start your own wolf pack” and she gave me a head band that she loved so much. I put the head band on and promised to never take it off. Now we had to fight for ourselves.

“Wake up Storm! Come on we must go on our hunt!” “Ok calm down Thunder. I just had that dream again. I really miss Shelby” I said in a low voice. “So don’t I but we must go now” answered Thunder. And so Thunder, Hunter, and I went off to hunt while Sasha stayed to watch over the cave.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KeyBlader21 on August 27, 2007, 10:49:51 AM

KeyBlader21 on
KeyBlader21Shelby was based on my old dog that passed away on March 15, 2006. I love her and miss her badly. RIP Shelby