Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - To Love Hope

A story of a lonely lion who finds her true love in a rival clan, she hasnt a clue what to do about it so she does something drastic to keep her relationship going.

Chapter 1 - To Love Hope

Chapter 1 - To Love Hope
To Love Hope

By Kiara22

She crouched in the shadows of the den, watching silently as the battle ravaged outside. Her brother sat beside her, trembling. She could smell his fear-scent, and she was sure he could smell hers. Apparently so did her mother, who came and grabbed her by the scruff of her neck and ran from the battle. “But mother, what about Dag? We aren’t just going to leave him there, are we?” the little cub asked, her voice cracking. Her light brown fur was standing on end, her dark brown belly fur was soaked with blood from the battling lions, and the mud on her legs looked exactly like the dark brown socks that ran up her lower legs. Blood was welling up on her brown muzzle and she was starting to whimper.

“No, Dapple, we aren’t going back to save him, your father will bring him here after the battle. Shhh, little one, don’t cry, we are going to find a new pride, one that is has a leader who can keep his pride alive, and one that isn’t blood thirsty.” replied Mother. Just then a caterwaul split the silence. Her mother stopped dead, and Dapple bumped her head on the ground as her mother dropped her. Her mother picked her up again and put her high in a tree. “Do not move from this spot until I return, I’m going back for Dag, and your father. Stay there!!” her mother jumped from the tree and raced off back toward the battle grounds. The frightening caterwaul sounded again as she watched her mother disappear into the heather. Dapple was frightened and alone, how could her day get any worse?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment