Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - The Mirror Crack'd

Fairytales were never meant to have happy endings, they're warning of the past. Hidden in Cephiro's past is a deadly secret, whatever does happen to those who fail the Test? Where do they go,what becomes of them,what vengence do they seek?

Chapter 12 - The Mirror Crack'd

Chapter 12 - The Mirror Crack'd
An: Here we are chapter eleven (not counting the prologe), and I'm so close to fifty reivews! Thank you to all my wonderful readers. I'm so sorry I kinda left everyone out of this chapter, its very Umi, Eagle and Camry centric, but no fear Hikaru and Fuu fans, they'll be back soon.
And if you're wondering about the odd spelling of the title if comes from a poem called "The Lady of Shalott" by Alfred Tennyson. The lines go, "Out flew the web and floated wide;The mirror crack'd from side to side;"The curse is come upon me," cried The Lady of Shalott."
Its a good poem I recomend it.
Also fair warning for this chapter, bit of blood and such. So if you're squimish turn back now.
So alas enough of my rambeling, I don't own the Rayearth characters, and they're better off that way, trust me.



11. “The Mirror Crack'd”


“All of the things loved in this world…
…have a soul.
All the things that people have prayed for…
…have life.
But…
Those soul and lives…
…can’t all end up in a beautiful place after their struggles…
As in this story…”


The Cephirean night passed quietly, thankfully so, for many of the castle residences were in sore need of a good nights sleep. It was calm, quiet, hardly anything stirred but the wind. Although it was calm, it was not a peaceful calm.

‘Like the calm before a storm and the deep breath before you jump…’ with this thought the white haired man looked down to the water that plummeted hundreds of feet before flowing away to the sea.

Camry was brooding, once again high in the docking tower where he’d spent many a night silently contemplating the world away, trying to kill time that seemed to go on eternally. One could perhaps wonder why he does not join the rest of the people of Cephiro in the world of dreams but the answer to that is quiet simple.

For Camry can not sleep, he is incapable of it.

While the answer to the question is simple the reason behind it is not.

He closed his eyes taking in a deep breath and let it out slowly. Despite the slight chill of the predawn darkness his breath didn’t fog. The fact brought a humorless smile to his handsome face.

Looking up he gazed at the last of the stars as they began to fade, the few fleeting beams of red and blue moonlight fell down around him casting a slight violet haze. It threw half his face in a relief of shadows and light. If he had been a smoker he probably would have lit up right then. Leaning against the wall he closed his eyes once more, he was only a few feet from the end of the docking bay where the floor stopped and Cephiro began.

And that was where Solara found him, looking more like a god than any man has a right to. She stepped through her portal, the icy mask she wore on the other side dropping the moment her eyes fell on him.

She didn’t even have to call his name or announce her presence in anyway, he knew she was there. A smiled tugged at his lips and his eyes slid open and then slowly shifted their gaze to her. Flaming red met icy blue. She knew that gaze, that gaze had changed her life, how could she not know it?

The first time she’d looked into that fiery stare had been eons ago. Back then her hatred had been no different than her sister’s and she had followed Impreza just as blindly.

Then one day in the snow she’d stumbled upon him, there’d always been whispered rumors of a man with blood red eyes and hair like ivory that endlessly wandered the eternal snow. He’d been there long before herself and even Impreza; little to nothing was know about him. Only whispered rumors of untold power and a shadowy past, things so unbelievable that they can’t be true.

She’d tensed, ready for a fight, unsure of his thoughts or reasons, but he’d only slowly opened his eyes and turned the full weight of that heavy stare upon her.

In that one instant all her hatred had died right then and there; drown out by the powerful sorrow and sadness in those eyes. From that day onward she’d belonged only to him.

“Solara” he called holding out his hand to her, long fingers extended in a graceful inviting gesture.

There was an ache to his voice she couldn’t ignore, he was lonely and missed her. They had to be careful not to be seen together and often times they would have only a passing moment to exchange information and then separate once again.

She went forward her hand sliding into his and his fingers clasped hers tightly and pulled her into his arms. She’d never understand where she found the courage to risk so much, but she did not regret her choice.

They walked a dangerous line, the two of them, a dangerous line where they were always one step away from losing everything. And yet still they come, still they meet, a forbidden love fit for any fairytale.

Camry reached up with one hand and cradled the side of her face; his thumb stroked her jaw line softly as he pressed his lips lightly to hers. He pulled back a moment later and traced the hallow under her left eye with one pale finger.

“Mmm…” he buried his face into her soft hair, “As much as I hate to…” he pressed his lips to her throat, “ruin the moment…” He pulled away a fleeting second his face became serious, all playfulness put aside. “Have you learned of any new movements on the other side?”

“Aye, the Lady has taken inertest in the one from Autozam. I don’t know her intentions or what she has planned to use him for but she did instruct us to take him soon. Though she has not given the order yet as far as I’m aware” she rested her head on his cold chest, but in reality it really didn’t feel cold to her for her flesh was just as icy.

“I believe his name is Eagle. I was afraid she might, he is quite powerful and his will grows by the day. He rivals Hikaru, Rayearth’s knight, for shear force of will…” he paused for a second, contemplating, then as an afterthought, “I do think he has found a new source to draw strength from.”

Solara looked at him questioningly but he only smiled and didn’t explain any further. He slipped back out of his serious mood and jumped right back into his usual ‘caffeine high eighteen year old’ mentality. With a soft chuckle he nipped at her long strands of gold and caught them between his lips giving them a gentle tug.

“Camry…” she rolled her eyes. Gods forbid he could ever be serious for very long, but she only scolded him halfheartedly, for she was one of the few who understood him on such a level. His playful nature, only a salve for an aching wound that would never really heal. That oh so charming smile, nothing but a nearly perfect mask so similar to her own, that hid the agony beneath.

‘But that’s alright, you go right ahead. Keep on smiling, keep on faking that laugh. For in the end we are the same, aren’t we Camry? Hiding the pain we harbor, as it festers and slowly eats us from the inside out, but we’ll keep going. I’ll keep my frown and you’ll keep that smile for it’s the only thing that keeps us from breaking. But in reality it’s nothing but a lie. We are lies Camry, that’s all we are and eventually it will destroy us. For liars go to hell don’t they?’ her slender fingers dug into his tunic.

As if sensing her troubled thoughts his arms tightened their hold around her, squeezing tight enough that it would have taken the breath of an ordinary person. But she was grateful for the crushing embrace.

Her hands tightened their own grip, latching onto his tunic so hard that her knuckles turned white. She clung to him and he to her, for there was nothing else for them to hold onto. Both their hearts desperately begging each other the exact same plea.

‘Please, just don’t let go… you’re the only thing holding me together.’

O

O

O

“You can’t save her.”

So much red…everything…so, so very red. Red flowers, red petals…like blood, blooming in the snow.

No more time…

Icy hands, cold lips…‘why wont you wake up?’

“It’s too beautiful…that story…”

This sadness… like the snow.

The shadows are blue…like her eyes.

Her wish…

…to sacrifice everything…

Please…

“Give him all the time I have left!”


Eagle woke with a start, amber eyes snapping open sharply. ‘A dream…?’ he wondered. He stared off into space for a moment trying to remember what it was about but he only had the faintest of impressions. ‘It was something sad…and cold…’ he closed his eyes again and relaxed into the cushion of the bed like window seat.

‘Just a dream anyways…’ he sighed, his chest heaving up with the deep breath. Something moved then and he heard a soft mummer, looking down he saw Umi squirm a bit and then preceded to burry her face into his chest. One hand clutched at the fabric of his shirt and the other was curled into a slight fist, tucked gently beneath her chin.

The only thing that managed to make it though Eagle’s stunned mind was, ‘Oh…’

Sometime during the night they’d both shifted and lain out on the large window seat. One of his arms was tucked underneath her and was now toughly tangled in her fine spun blue hair. The other was casually wrapped around her waist, pulling her close and cradling her to his chest. And somehow during their sleep Umi’s robe had slipped off her shoulder revealing the smooth, creamy white skin beneath.

Eagle swallowed hard as said venerable creamy skin was mere inches from his face. It took quiet a bit of his self-control not to reach up with his free hand and find out just how soft that bared skin was. On top of all of this every slender ascending curve of her body was pressed against him. My the Gods have an interesting sense of humor now don’t they?

‘First things first, I need to move without waking her up…’ he thought. Though how he was going to pull it off he wasn’t sure of yet. He slowly raised his arm that was around her waist and rolled over onto his back. Thankfully Umi chose this moment to yawn and roll over a bit herself, leaving his other arm free. His arm tingled a bit with the rush of blood returning to it and he flexed a bit as he sat up.

After a moment the sensation died away and he yawned softly, rubbing the back of his head. He looked out the window and squinted at the very first rays of sunlight. ‘Sunrise, I thought I’d sleep longer than that’ he mused and looked back down at Umi.

In the absence of his body heat she’d curled up into herself a bit but still slept peacefully, completely unaware that the man whose arms she’d spent the night sleeping in was now awake.

Standing ever so slowly the amber eyed man slid an arm around her shoulders and gathered the girl into his arms, heading for his bed on the other side of the room.

She was hardly any weight at all really, although not as tiny as Hikaru her features were just as delicate, if not more so. She was like a perfectly crafted porcelain doll, from her long, graceful legs to perfectly shaped lips that were now in a soft pout as she slept. Even her hair, which he now ran his fingers, though as he laid her down on the bed, was softer than the finest blue silk from Fahren.

A soft sigh escaped his lips as the last bit of her hair fell though his fingers. He pulled the deep forest green coverlet over her and sat for a moment watching her sleep.

Now Eagle is not a foolish man and was willing to admit he cared quiet a bit about this girl. At first he considered her Hikaru’s friend and fellow knight who had helped save his life, but now he thought of her a his friend just as much as he did Hikaru, if not perhaps even more than just a friend. Did he want it to be more?

‘Do I want more from this girl than just friendship?’ he wondered.

He knew he liked her; in fact he was well aware of just how attracted to her he was after waking with the beautiful girl in his arms. Despite being a very polite and kind gentleman, we must all remember he is still a member of the male population and is not immune to such feeling as longing and lust.

He stood, careful not to wake her and headed for his things that Lantis had brought him the day before. There were a few clicking and snapping sounds as he fastened his metal gauntlet onto his right forearm. Reaching for his cream colored cloak he tossed it
Half-hazardly over his shoulders, not really in the mood to go to the trouble of putting it on properly. He didn’t bother with his energy crystal either, he wouldn’t need it here.

Standing motionless for awhile, he leaned against the door, gazing at the sleeping water knight. Once more he found himself asking the same question.

‘Do I want more from this girl than friendship?’

He studied her face for a long moment and then closed his eyes as he realized his answer. With a slight chuckle he ran his hands over his face and through his hair as he turned and went out the door quietly.

‘Damn you Lantis, you always have to be right.’

O

O

O

Back high in the castle docking platform Camry suddenly loosened one arm from his hold on Solara and held it out into the bay opening.

It was early spring in Cephiro and most of the days had turned warm but there was a cold chill stirring in the wind, winter was trying to sink in her frosty nails one last time. Clouds had gathered and Camry felt the first few icy drops hit the back of his hand.

He released Solara completely for a moment and took a few steps until he was on the very edge of the platform. He looked up as something white caught his eye falling along with the rain. ‘Snow…’

“Camry?” Solara asked confused, her blue eyes darted around cautiously as she took a step to close the distance between them.

He glanced back at her and then turned his eyes back to the sky as the rain and snow fell. He reached out and caught some of the snow in his hand; his lips were pressed into a grim line as he finally spoke. “You should hurry back to the other side…”

Solara looked at him worriedly, “Why?”

Camry opened his hand and let the snow he’d caught drop away into the darkness below.

“Snow and rain at once…a bad omen.”

O

O

O

Partly because of how he naturally carried himself and partly because of years of training Eagle’s footsteps were nearly silent as he slipped down the empty corridors. For of course soldiers don’t live very long if they tromp around with heavy footsteps.

At the moment he was seeking Lantis, somewhat because he was irritated that his friend was so correct about an emotion he himself wasn’t sure about yet but also because he wanted a confidant to speak to about said matter.

Lantis was his choice of course because Lantis knew of his apparently new feelings for the water knight and two he didn’t know the others well enough to confide in them. Except for perhaps Hikaru but she really was not quite the person to go to for advice on that subject matter.

Not that he was really going to strait up ask for advice from Lantis; more just Lantis was the perfect person to talk to. He sat there, listened, and told you exactly what he thought. He for one never sugar coated anything, if you wanted a blunt answer you went to Lantis.

Doors and mirrors whisked by him as he turned down another long corridor, in fact the entire hall was lined with ceiling high mirrors. They were highly ornate, each corner encrusted with large gems, and wispy silver scroll work descended the sides. He slowed and stopped as he passed one and gazed at his reflection as it stared back at him.

This was the first time he’d taken a good look at himself since before his coma. His hair had grown out a bit, not nearly as much as he would have thought, but he could stand a trim. He pushed his bangs aside to get them out of his eyes, a smile pulled at his lips and his reflection returned the gesture.

It felt good to no longer have to fake the brightness in his eyes to hide his sickness, now that light in them wasn’t a lie.

There was a sudden flurry of air, whisking past him gently, stirring the hem of his cloak. He looked away from the mirror wondering where the sudden draft had come from. Rapidly the temperature plummeted, making the empty hallway feel more like a meat locker. Breath fogged in front of his lips as he looked left and then back to his right.

Uneasiness settled over him, the hairs pricking up on the back of his neck. Instincts told him something was wrong, but it was something more than just that.

The cold that filled the room, spreading like an evil mist, was more than just the cold of the world. It was not the cold of the living but the cold of the dead. It sank into his bones and gave him the most unsettling feeling. He did not like it; he did not like it at all.

A press of a button later a light saber like sword was crackling out of his gauntlet.

‘I know this presence…one of the sisters…’ he felt her but couldn’t see her. ‘Where are you…?’ a swift glance in both directions confirmed she’d yet to appear.

“Why don’t you show yourself, I’m quite aware you’re here” he smiled wearily.

“Have to have our way now don’t we?” A soft voice asked hotly, as if offended by him.

“Hum…well I am an only child I’m a bit use to having my way. I hope I’m not too much bother” Eagle grinned ever so sweetly, eyes a hard shade of amber.

“Ah clever one too?” Sentra materialized several feet down the hall.

“Well I do try” he smiled sweetly once more, but the smile was far too sweet for anyone’s comfort.

She seemed annoyed by his odd attitude but didn’t falter in her slow, slinking walk as she circled him.

The hallway was far too narrow for a real fight and he didn’t like being cornered like this but at least with the wall at his back he didn’t have to worry about her getting behind him.

“So what do I owe the honor of your visit?”

As answer Sentra drew her blade, “Oh don’t worry this wont take too long” she added in a haughty tone.

Before Eagle could make his first move he heard a rather odd cracking sound. It sounded vaguely like glass fracturing, but from a great distance away.

Unfortunately he realized too late what Sentra was, as from behind him a pair of fingerless gloved hands reached through the mirror grabbing him. ‘A distraction!’ he barely had the time to come to this conclusion before a searing pain shot its way through his body.

The woman that had reached through the mirror had one hand clamped around his throat and the other’s fingers dug into his shoulder. But it was not her strength that was so painful, it was her coldness. It felt like someone had shoved dry ice against his skin; her flesh was so cold it burned.

He struggled to free himself from her grasp but he was at a disadvantage because she had the element of surprise and was behind him cutting off his supply of air. A gag retched its way from his throat as he fought for air.

Spots flittered across his vision and he fought back vainly trying not to black out. In the struggle his loosely secured cloak fell to the floor and he was numbly aware the woman was dragging him backwards.

With his remaining breath he tried to wrench away from her. Taking his free arm he jammed it backwards connecting his elbow with her stomach.

She let out a hiss of pain and snarled her displeasure of being hit, but she only dug her left hand into his shoulder with more force. In doing so she succeeded in earning a distinctive snapping and crunching sound accompanied by a meaty ‘splerch’ as the bone snapped like fire kindling and the jagged shard shoved up through his skin.

Eagle didn’t have time for another attempt as she yanked him backwards. He let out a strangled cry; blood soaked its way through his shirt. He could feel the warm trickle of liquid as it ran down his back.

The searing pain of his shoulder was nothing compared to what came next. Pupils that had been dilated from lack of oxygen now shrank to tiny pinpoints. It felt like someone had shoved needle sharp, icy daggers into him from behind. She took a hold of his wrist and a crack later she had disabled his weapon, smashing the components with her bare hands, the sword flickered and dissipated.

A muted scream was all he managed as he was pulled into the mirror as if it were suddenly a liquid. The last thing he saw before the lack of oxygen and pain became too much were a dark pair of violet eyes, framed by chocolate colored quirk screw curly hair. The girl had a strange gleam in her eyes, as if she’d just gotten a brand new toy to play with. And she just couldn’t wait to break it.

Seconds latter the hallway was empty save for Eagle’s cloak and the faint sound of Elantra’s laughter.

O

O

O

‘Where am I?’ Umi wondered as she woke from unsettling dreams. Sitting up she rubbed her eyes softly and groggily glanced around the room, most defiantly not hers. ‘Smells nice…’ the thought came to her as she buried her face into the soft green blanket that laid over her. ‘Actually smells kind of like…’

Full conscious suddenly kicked in, “Eagle!” she said his name aloud and looked around the room again.

‘I remember, last night…I stayed in here with him’ she blushed heavily hugging the blanket to herself. ‘But where is he now?’

“Eagle?” she called out, wondering if he were in the adjoining room.

No answer.

She was suddenly very aware of the sinking feeling that had originally woken her.

‘Eagle…’ she stood quickly pulling her robe tightly around herself and tied if off. ‘Where are you?’ she frowned.

She shook her head, ‘He’s probably just down in the kitchen or eating more apples in the garden’ she rolled her eyes as she left the room quietly slipping back to her own to change clothes.

Smoothing her skirt out she left her room gazing down at her glove gem, the power within it swirled to match her reeling emotions.

‘Why do I feel so strange, this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, telling me something I don’t really want to know…’ her footsteps began to pick up pace. ‘This has happened before, with Hikaru and then Fuu,” she began to jog. “Eagle…” she broke into a run.

She turned down another hall and stopped short. There was something white, no cream colored, in a heap on the floor. Two more quick steps forward and she kneeled down picking up the material. Eagle’s cloak… Looking around she examined the floor her eyes landing on small spatters of blood.

‘Was there another attack?’ Her heart raced at the fear that rushed through her, ‘Where is he?’ Her eyes followed the bloody trail that lead to the…wall? The blood ended at the wall and a large mirror. Something had happened to him, but what? ‘People don’t just go thought walls, oh wait this is Cephiro…why do I even ask?’ she sighed bitterly.

Looking up her eyes narrowed. The mirror was cracked and pieces were missing but there was no glass on the floor. There was something red running down the mirror. The sinking feeling she had suddenly worsened as she realized what is was. More blood. It ran down the glass like bright red silk ribbons.

Reaching up to examine the mirror her fingers were shaking as they pressed to the cool glass. The surface was smooth, she could see the fractures in the glass but she couldn’t feel them. She whipped her hand over a ribbon of blood and pulled it away expecting it to be smeared red, but strangely it wasn’t.

A chill went down her spin as she realized why. The blood was on the other side of the mirror. The fractures too were on the backside of the mirror.

‘Eagle’ she clutched his cloak tightly and stood running down the hall to find the others as fast as she could. ‘Eagle’ she squeezed her eyes shut, ‘You have to be alright, you just have to be…’

O

O

O

Darkness. A heavy, heavy darkness. It pressed in on him, pulling him down, down, down into the depths. Here it was calm; he wanted to stay here, where the cold lulled everything away.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

The sound of water trickling from long pillars of ice was what first came to him. The sound called him back from the shadows.

“Uhh…” a moan escaped the blond man’s lips. Eagle slowly drifted back to the world of consciousness, though as soon as his wounds began demanding his attention he wished he hadn’t. The pain was staggering.

‘I think something’s broke…’ he thought and tried to shift his weight onto his side. He nearly blacked out again at the pulse of pain that shot its way though his body. ‘Scratch that, I think a lot of something’s broke…’ He took a breath, ‘Gods it hurts to breath…’ he winced.

He lay motionless for a moment trying to take innovatory of his wounds. He had several lacerations most of them on his arms but he could feel a pretty deep one under his ribs. Along with his broken shoulder he had the feeling his leg was broken, perhaps a rib or two as well. That would explain why it hurt so damn much to breath.

His eyes slid open, blinking rapidly, trying to focus. ‘Where the hell am I? Actually I’d rather like to know why I’m so wounded. He turned his head ever so easily, this didn’t cause any pain so he sighed and looked around his surroundings. It was dark, it was damp and it was cold.

Damn cold.

Ice hung from the ceiling and the walls and clung with elongated fingers to the metal bars of his cell. He shivered violently which only made him wince as it aggravated his wounds and did nothing to warm him. “Nuuha” he moaned, he tired to take a deep breath but the air was too cold, it bit at his lungs along with the ache from his broken ribs.

‘I have to get up off the floor; if I don’t the cold will kill me long before my wounds do.’

He steadied himself and then picked up his right arm, for his left was quite useless, and tried to put some of his weight on it. The sharp spasm of pain let him quickly know that the woman had broken his wrist as well when she’d disarmed his weapon.

The next few words out of Eagle’s mouth were not printable.

After a moment he settled for putting the weight on his elbow. He took a deep breath and shoved his weight up and pretty much threw himself to the wall. Breath hissed from between his teeth as his broken ribs protested the sudden lurching movement. His vision grew spots and blacked out for a moment, but he was now against the wall was finally sitting up at least.

His breathing evened out after a bit and he once again took a look at his surroundings. He had no idea where he was or just how long he’d been there. The blood on the floor from before his wounds had clotted was frozen, so he’d been out for some time.

A strange tingling feeling lingered in his fingers and around some of his lesser wounds. The rest of his exposed skin though torn clothing was blanching and red, and burn a bit.

A part of him wished he hadn’t regain full conscious the more and more his sense of feeling returned to him. But the thing that worried him the most was his left shoulder, despite it being broken the pain was dull as if diluted. He wearily looked down at his left shoulder, the flesh around the protruding bone was turning a whitish purple.

Frostbite.

Today was just not his day, that is in fact, if it was still the same day he’d been taken.

‘How much time has passed? I wonder if anyone knows I’m gone? Too bad I can’t heal like Fuu can, or even that annoying fairy that follows Lantis around.’ He sighed bitterly but then the sound of quiet footsteps brought his attention to the tall silhouette coming into view.

“So you’re awake already? You are a strong one just like he said.”

The sudden thought speech directed at him surprised him and he didn’t answer, especially after he saw the swish of long blond hair as the figure came closer to stand just on the other side.

Solara, the other sister.
His eyes turn that hard shad of amber again.

“You can hear me can you not? I was told you are capable of thought speech” she asked.

“Yes, I can hear you” he answered cautiously.

His ability to hear her confirmed she stepped forward waving her hands across the icy bars, they disappeared for only a second as she passed into his cell and then rematerialized behind her.

He tensed as she came forward, he was in no shape for a fight but he had little choice.

“Please, don’t try the tough guy act with me. You can hardly sit much less anything else.” She knelled down right in front of him.

Up close she was indeed quite pretty, her blond hair was smooth and long, but here eyes were not as hard as they had been before, just guarded, much the same his were.

He frowned not sure of her intentions. “What do you want?”

“I’m going to close up your wounds.”
She reached out towards him, the tips of her fingers glowing a soft gold. “My healing ability is limited and I can only heal others, not myself, but it should be enough. None of your wounds are life threatening on their own.”

Eagle wasn’t given a chance to protest before she began to close up his shoulder. He couldn’t help but sigh in relief as the bone sunk back down and fused, muscles stitched together and skin turned a healthy flush hue.

“Why are you…?” he started to ask as she moved on to heal his broken ribs, leg and wrist.

“You are of little use to anyone like this and let’s just say we have a mutual friend. I don’t have time to explain she’s coming…” she interrupted him and then finished with the last of his smaller wounds. “When she comes you have to be at your best, whatever happens don’t listen to her, for her words are poison. They are just as dangerous as her weapons if not more so. I’m sure you’ll be fine if you’re as strong as he said.” She stood up towering over him from his place on the floor.

Eagle grunted and stood slowly. “He?” he asked out loud.

She shushed him harshly. The woman’s blue eyes sharpened, a bit of emotion flittered there.

“What are you doing Solara?” Another woman’s voice echoed in the cold room.

The hair on the back of Eagle’s neck stood up as the woman that had pulled him through the mirror came forward. She was such a small thing, how was such a tiny person capable of such strength?

Solara stiffened and Eagle watched an icy mask drop over the woman’s face. The face he’d known in their previous battle. “The Lady said to bring him here not drag him in half alive. He is of no use if he’s too wounded or died from the wounds you gave him” she snapped sharply at Electra.

The girl frowned, “But he fought back, what was I suppose to do?” her violet eyes narrowed.

“What’d you think he was going to do? He almost became the Pillar, did you think he’d roll over and let you take him?” Solara snapped icily and the smaller girl shrank away from her like a small child that had been scolded.

“Sorry, but the Lady told me to get started ok?” she stuck out her tongue in a very child like manor.

“Just don’t damage him too much, you’ll make the Lady angry with you again” Solara started to leave.

“That’s no fun at all” the girl wined but turn blood thirsty eyes towards Eagle.

He really didn’t like that look, not one bit.

Glancing wearily at Solara’s retreating back, wondering about her earlier words Eagle had the feeling he was really not going to like what was about to happen. “Solara?”

She hesitated in her stride for only a second. “Eagle…I’m sorry.” Then she was gone.

“You know what I like to do?” The girl, Solar had called her Electra, asked him almost giddy with excitement. “I like to break things, its so much fun!” She hopped up to him standing just a foot or two away. “But you know the thing I like to break the most?” she hovered and took another step forward closing the space between them.

She waited for him to ask what, but as he didn’t she seemed to get annoyed and continued. A leer pulled at her lips, but there was a strange cruelness to it, the cruelty of a child. “People and you know why I like breaking people? For the fragile glass like substance that is the soul...is so easily broken. So...lets break you shall we?”

With a movement so quick he barely had enough time to counter, her arms shot forward. He expected her to strike at him perhaps try to wound him again, so he was totally caught off guard when her hands, swilling with a cloud of black mist, shoved into his chest. “Let’s see what makes you tick first, hum? What’s going on inside of that pretty blond head of yours?”

With a sudden shove she pinned him against the wall, shoving her hands deeper into his chest. Picking him up off his feet she smiled, “Time to play.”

Eagle’s eyes widened it felt like something white hot had been shoved into his chest. He drug in a staggered breath…

O

O

O

Solara walked quickly down the hall. She had to get to the other side and back to Camry as soon as she could. For all their sakes and Eagle’s as well. ‘Forgive me…’ she asked silently of the man she just left behind. Her feet moved faster but unfortunately she wasn’t fast enough.

Eagle’s screaming followed her all the way down the corridor, no matter how fast she ran.

O

O

O

An: Once again thank you for reading. I hope I didn't make Eagle seem to weak or anything...but Elantra's like well I'd spoil it if I told you now. oi...that was almost a spoiler. Bad, bad VKiera. Reviews are most welcome, ideas, reactions but not flaming of course. As a good writer I know says "Flames will be used to cook toat and I always burn toat" Over and out. Much love to ya.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment