Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Goodnight

Talia is a princess, Dukum is a peasent. What happens when these two meet fo rthe first time in the middle of the night at Talia's balcony? Love at first site.

Contest entry for DukesBoyfriendandHusband

Chapter 1 - Goodnight

Chapter 1 - Goodnight
Huzzah. Since i could not draw Tiffany and Duke properly for this contest, I'm submitting a fanfic because...because I can.

Goodnight

Talia sighed and walked to her bedroom. An engagement party was occuring downstairs. Her eldest sister was getting married to the Prince of Nigeria, Prince Valion. However, because she would go to a new kingdom, she knew it would mean that her parents would force her to marry, and soon. She was the youngest daughter of three. Her eldest sister had taken a vow of chastity and joined a group of priestesses.

Her second eldest sister was to get married and leave Egypt forvever in two short weeks. Talia was the last daughter of the pharaoh of Northern Egypt. Ra, of all her luck. She went out onto her balcony and leaned against the railing. She looked up at the night sky and sighed a bit. It was beautiful tonight. The smell of lotus blossoms filled her nose and she heard the soft music of the breeze rustling leaves in the palace gardens and the waters of the Nile.

Talia: It's so beautiful tonight...

Suddenly, she heard a rustling sound. Gasping, she looked around, struggling to see in the dim light. Suddenly, the most handsome man she had ever seen came into view. He had green eyes, black hair in a ponytail, a strong, toned chest, and carried some hay over his shoulder. He looked up at her and blushed a bit.

Dukum: Oh, I'm, I'm so sorry, Princess. I thought you'd be at the party.

Talia: Well, as you can see I'm not. *Smiles*

Dukum: *Blushes more* I-I was just taking this hay to the stables.

Talia: What is your name?

Dukum: It's Dukum.

Talia: What?

Dukum: *A bit louder* Dukum!

Talia: I can't really here you...can you climb up the tree and talk to me?

Dukum: *Climbs up the tree and looks at her* It's Dukum, Princess.

Talia: Dukum. *Smiles a bit* I like it.

Dukum: I was named after my grandfather.

Talia: I was named after my grandmother.

Dukum:
*Smiles*

Talia: How come I have never seen you around before?

Dukum: I usually work in the stables and it's normally at nightfall. I'm not supposed to talk to anybody in the royal family, so I am told to hide if you come into the stables.

Talia: That's dumb.

Dukum: Well, I'm just a simple peasent, and you're a princess.

Talia: Well, I don't see how that makes us different. We are both the children of Ra. And you're more pleasent than most people I've met.

Dukum:
Really?

Talia: Mmm-hmm. *Nods*

Dukum: Well, thank you. *branch snaps and he falls onto her balcony* Oof.

Talia: *Giggles and kneels next to him* Are you ok?

Dukum: *Sits up and rubs the back of his head, blushing* Of course, yeah. I'm fine.

Talia: *Helps him up*

Dukum: Wow...you're even more beautiful up close.

Talia: *Blushes bright red* Oh...thank you, Dukum. And you're even more handsome up close.

They both stood there, feeling a bit awkward.

Dukum: Well, I'd better get back to work. I'll be in trouble if I don't deliver the hay.

Talia: Ok, I hope I'll see you around.

Dukum: *Takes her hand and kisses it* You will. *Hesitantly leans in a pecks her lips* good night, Princess Talia. *Climbs back down the tree then takes the hay and leaves*

Talia: *Sighs dreamily* Good night, Dukum.

WOW...that SUCKED. >.< Well, I did my best. Hope ya liked it, Tiffany.


Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

UnderUnion on May 6, 2007, 10:20:57 AM

UnderUnion on
UnderUnionI dont know, your story is going to be hard to beat.

KionaKina on May 6, 2007, 10:25:48 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaeh, that's one opinion

Dukesboyfriendandhusband on April 5, 2007, 11:32:55 AM

Dukesboyfriendandhusband on
Comment Deleted

KionaKina on April 5, 2007, 11:33:56 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinayay! I'm glad you like it

InferiorKart on April 5, 2007, 11:20:00 AM

InferiorKart on
InferiorKartNice story.

KionaKina on April 5, 2007, 11:22:03 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathank you, thank you very much