Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - I don't mean to be like this...

The second story in my series.

It's been a month since Kay and her friends transferred, and lately she has been getting depressed but nobody knows why. Will she be ok in the end?

Pairings: Duke x Tiffany Bri x Honda Tori x Yami Bakura

Chapter 6 - I don't mean to be like this...

Chapter 6 - I don't mean to be like this...
Kay and Mokuba drove to her apartment. She paid the taxi driver and they went to her place.

"Wow, nice apartment, Kay-Chan."

"Thank you. Well, take a seat on the couch." Mokuba did so and Kay took off her trench coat and her hat then sat next to him.

"So, what's the matter?"

"Promise me you won't tell anyone?"

"Cross my heart."

"Ok, only Alex and Uncle know this. About a year ago, my mom and my big sister were killed." Mokuba's eyes widened.

"By who? Do you know?" Kay nodded, a sick feeling at the pit of her stomach as she recalled.

"My father." His eyes widened.

"You have to be kidding."

"I wish I was. My father was terrible to me. He beat me, abused me, and tried to do worse to me when I was a little girl. He burned this scar on my forehead with a cigarette." Kay fingered her forehead. "My mom didn't knwo about this. He would hurt me until I couldn't move or scream, and he was also cunning. He only hit me where nobody could see. He said he'd kill me and Liz if I told mom."

"Who's Liz?"

"My big sister."

"Oh."

"Well, one day, I was trying to get dressed and my mom came in saw bruises on me from the night before."

"And you told her?"

"I had to. Then my dad walked in. He was smoking. They screamed at each othe.r and he looked at me with so much hate in his eyes I thought I would die in that moment. Then he ground the cigarette against my forehead until the skin was raw. Mom kicked him out and sued him. He got arrested and we moved to Japan."

"And then?" Kay took a deep breath.

"A few years went by. Mom and Liz had a dentist appointment one day and so they asked me to pick Adelinda up from school, so I did. We walked home by ourselves. Then, when I opened the door, they were on the ground, bleeding and there was a knife on the ground and a note that said, 'I'll get you next, Kay.'" She trembled. "And his name was signed at the bottom. The police have looked for him, but they can't find him."

Mokuba hugged Kay, crying a little bit. "I'm so sorry." She hugged him back. "What about Adelinda?"

"That's what I'm upset about. One month ago, she disappeared."

"Disappeared?" Kay nodded.

"I don't know if she's even still alive. But it was here in Domino. That's the only reason why I'm living here, so I can find her."

"And that's why you're so upset?" She nodded again.

"I keep thinking about it an dI'm starting to lose hope. And I try to bottle up my feelings and now..." She shook her head and covered her face with her hands. "I just don't know anymore, Mokuba."

"Kay, you can't give up. I'll help you, if I can." She looked up at him, tears in her eyes, and smiled a bit.

"Thank you, Mokuba. You don't know how much that means to me." He nodded.

"Of course, Kay-Chan. And don't hide your feelings anymore."

"I know, I know. It just seems like, lately, everything is spinning out of control. I'm working two jobs, trying to manage Maria's band, dealing with school work, designing cards for uncle, it's just starting to overwhelm me."

"And you're dealing with some mean girls at school and my brother?"

"How did you know that?"

"Alex told me." Kay shook her head and smiled a bit.

"That girl...she just doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut." Kay laughed weakly and dried her eyes. "But what can you do?"

"See? You're smiling. That's the Kay we all know and love." She laughed again and hugged him. "You're the best, Mokie." He hugged her back.

"You too, Kay. You too."

"Well, I guess I should get you home and apologize to your brother for everything I said and did to him."

"I have a feeling he'll forgive you. Besides, you have me on your side."

"Well that does put the odds in my favor. Now, I'm changing into some more cheerful colors before we go." Kay got up and went into her bedroom and Mokuba smiled after her. He walked around and saw some pictures on the wall. One was of Kay hugging a little girl who looked so much like her, only with different bangs and shorter hair.

"That's Adelinda." He jumped a bit. Kay was now in blue jeans and a lavender and sky-blue skirt with a denim jacker.

"What?"

"That girl I'm hugging in that photo is Adelinda. And that's my mom." Kay pointed to a picture of a woman with blonde hair that had no streaks and wnet to her elbows and more angled green eyes and a pretty smile. "And this is Liz." She pointed to a girl who was maybe 18 or 19 with the same hair color at her mother that was slightly longer with blue-gray eyes and a shy smile.

"You all look alike."

"Yeah." Kay smiled fondly at the pictures. "Adelinda and Unlce Pegasus are the only family I have left."

"Not true." She looked at him in surprise.

"What do you mean?" He told hold of her hand.

"You can call me 'little brother.'" She stared at him for a moment, then burst into a fit of laughter.

"You are just like Adelinda, Mokie-kun."

"I'll take that as a compliment." ^_^ She grinned and they walked out of her apartment and called another taxi.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Seto stormed into the mansion and was yelling into his phone. "What the hell do you mean you don't know where he went!? I swear to God, if you don't find him I will sue you for every penny you're worth, do you hear me?!"

"Hi Seto!" Mokuba greeted cheerfully.

"Hi Mokuba. THAT'S RIGHT, YOU HEARD M-" He stopped dead and stared at Mokuba. "Ok, nevermind. He's here." Seto hung up. "Mokuba, where were you?"

"With Kay-Chan." Seto's eye twitched.

"Why?"

"To see what was wrong with her."

"Don't tell me she's here." Mokuba smiled a bit and nodded.

"She's cleaning up in the kitchen."

"Why?"

"She made dinner. Your favorite, actually. Beef filet with foi gras sauce. There's some left over for you."

"She probably poisoned it."

"Seto, she would not poison anything."

"Yeah, we'll see." Seto walked into the kitchen to see Kay drying off a plate, wearing a white apron over clothes, and humming softly to herself. She looked pretty serene at the moment and lost in her thoughts. "What are you doing here?" he asked, annoyed. She looked at him.

"Oh, hello Kaiba. I'm sorry, I'm sure you don't want me here. But Mokuba came with me to my house and made me feel better so I brought him home and cooked him some dinner. I also wanted to apologize."

"Oh yeah, I'm sure you did. You think you can waltz in, take my little brother without even callin-wait, did you say you want to apologize?!" he asked. She laughed and nodded.

"Yes. I'm really sorry abut how I acted and what I said. I understnad if you want to fire me." Seto growled. The way she looked and the way she said that was convincing him NOT to fire her. WHY DID SHE HAVE THAT WEIRD EFFECT?!

"Eh, how can I? Mokuba loves you and I don't want to search for another babysitter. B-but don't think it's because I WANT you to stay, it's just that-" He was interrupted when she ran over to him and hugged him.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" she cried before letting him go and looking up at him brightly. "You won't regret it, Mr. Kaiba. I can't wait to tell Mokuba. Mokie-kun!" she cried, running out of the kitchen. Seto stood there, dumbfounded. Ok, the other day she had smacked him, today she hugged him.

"...that girl is just plain weird..." he said to himself before walking out to the living room. Mokuba squealed happily and hugged Kay.

"YAY! You're staying!" he cried. "Thank you, big brother! Now I have a big brother and a big sister."

"What?" Seto asked, giving Mokuba a weirded out look. Kay blushed a bit when she heard that.

"Ah, Mokie. You made that sound like Kaiba and I just got married."

"Oops, sorry. That has not happened."

"Nor will it EVER happen!" Seto snapped, a small rouge appearing on his face. Kay giggled in embarrassment.

"Amazing at how easilly something can be misinterpreted." She took off her apron and put it back in the kitchen then walked back out. "Well, I should go. I have a whole mob of people to call and apologize to." She hugged Mokuba. "Thaks so much for your help, sweetie."

"Anytime, Kay." She kissed him on the forehead and walked to the door.

"Arivadetchi." She winked before walked outside.

"Bye Kay-Chan." Seto stared at the door for a moment, then looked at Mokuba.

"So what was wrong with her anyway?"

"Just some personal problems. Why, do you care or something?" mokuba asked slyly.

"Pfft, heck no. But she was going balistic. It was frightening. I'm going to my office." Seto walked away and started typing on his computer. Mokuba shook his head a bit and smiled.

"Big brother will never change."

HUZZAH! Two updates for the price of one today. Tori-kun, you're coming up in the next chapter so PLEASE don't ask me again.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AlleyCat17 on June 2, 2007, 10:16:34 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17wow great chapter and a very happy ending i just loved it.^^

KionaKina on June 2, 2007, 10:17:24 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinathanks very much ^^

Moon_Princess on June 2, 2007, 10:10:14 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessYayyyy!!! Awesome chappie! X3

Although it was sad what happened to Kay's family. TT_TT *sniffles* Great job! ^^ I'm looking forward to the next chappie! ^^


~Moon_Princess

KionaKina on June 2, 2007, 10:11:03 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKina*Bows* I'm honored that you like it